PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs vs. Kings - Jan. 15, 2023

timvp
01-16-2023, 12:12 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-kings-grades-44/

Another good loss :tu

GAustex
01-16-2023, 12:23 AM
Thanks for your determination to do the grades. Didn’t watch and really have not watched.
Really enjoy your write ups

RC_Drunkford
01-16-2023, 05:21 AM
Keldon is perfect for leading the tank. All we need now is to trade the vets, so we can lose like 20 games straight

Kevin
01-16-2023, 10:23 AM
Spurs should trade McDermott to Boston for a top 20 protected 2024 first round pick with Boston also lifting the top one protection on the 2028 pick swap. I would prefer the 2024 pick since the Spurs will probably get a a 2023 first for J-Rich anyway.

Vince Carter's ankle
01-16-2023, 10:31 AM
Spurs should trade McDermott to Boston for a top 20 protected 2024 first round pick with Boston also lifting the top one protection on the 2028 pick swap. I would prefer the 2024 pick since the Spurs will probably get a a 2023 first for J-Rich anyway.
Boston should keep it because they traded their 2023 pick for Brogdon. Ted Stepien Rule.

KingKev
01-16-2023, 11:10 AM

And also trade Keldon for Ja Morant and Jak for Joker.

B1gduff
01-16-2023, 11:48 AM
Its clear that Keldon 3 pt shot is broken. I feel like ever since he started doing that 1 legged shot, the entire mechanics got destroyed and we're seeing the results. All-star break might a good time for him and co to look at that 3 pt shot and make the proper changes. On another note, This will be an interesting time for him to, playing with 4 non-shooters, we could easily see how he plays.

Richardson continues to be a solid bench piece, hope is that he has enough values for a 1st round pick.

I can not wait for Blake and Malaki to get more minutes. Malaki has looked liked a different player and after the Trade deadline, I expect him to take JRich minutes.
Blake gets Malaki's Backup role after the trade deadline, His shot form looks really good and that elite steps in special. Love to see what he can do at the PG positions.
Stanley has won the Backup Sf/pf role, hopefully KBD can get us a 2nd round pick.

JPB
01-16-2023, 01:24 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but not sure McDermotts alone could straight up bring a FRP home. Same with Ridchardson. Not even sure for Jak.

Fans from every teams tend to overevaluate their players trading value (like 13 & 15 for Jak, last draft) but I always ask myself if I was the other team, would I do that trade which ultimately rarely materialize.

Would I give a first for McD, Ridch or Jak? I don't know, maybe for Jak if I have a real need there, with in mind that teams usually have other options.

heyheymymy
01-16-2023, 01:44 PM
Agreed JPB - It's a good practice to put yourself in your trade partners shoes. Would I do this deal if I were them? And I agree, rarely do I see a deal both sides would pull the trigger on.

Just hoping to catch a desperate team. If I am close to a ring contending roster and Poeltl or JR would bolster me over the top I dgaf about picks. A championship is forever. FRPs are hypothetical and can become Lonnie Walkers more often than they become steals. At least that's the outlook I'd have as a GM on the verge of contention. Poeltl and JR look diluted because SA is running rookies and projects. Drop Poeltl or JR on a real roster with depth and talent and they would feast more and I think that's realistic and what opposing GMs see it as. Less than a month from the deadline, so we will see if interest heats up.

heyheymymy
01-16-2023, 01:55 PM
The cool thing is you have kind of two different chances to catch a desperate cusp-of-contention team because 2 assets seemingly likely to get dealt, Poeltl and JR, are two different templates of player types. So if someone needs a big or a wing, you have 2 different styles of value to offer. Double the chances of a taker.

Best bet would be a team that thought they were on the verge of contention and had a lesser big or wing they wanted to upgrade with Poeltl or JR (or Doug, I'm not going to stop you). The value for them is to top off talent depth before a run at a ring. Spurs meanwhile could receive draft capital to offset the talent difference in the personnel trade. Spurs could also host bad salary as an added perk/attraction. Something might actually get done, Spurs are pretty poised and are probably manning the phones hard right now.

Kevin
01-16-2023, 04:46 PM
And also trade Keldon for Ja Morant and Jak for Joker.

Yes.