PDA

View Full Version : SA charter amendment would decriminalize abortion and pot, ban police chokeholds and no knock warrants,

Winehole23
02-09-2023, 03:22 AM
Vote will be on May 6th.

The charter amendment also calls for codifying the city’s existing cite-and-release policy and expanding it to include all low-level, non-violent crimes eligible under Texas law, which precludes public intoxication, assault and family violence.

City Attorney Andy Segovia said Wednesday that the only legally enforceable part of the charter amendment would be council’s appointment of a justice director. The other “elements are all inconsistent with state law, therefore even if the public does end up adopting the charter amendment, the charter amendment as written will not be enforceable.”

Siegel, a former Austin assistant city attorney, disagrees with this assertion.

“The Texas Constitution grants the people of San Antonio so-called home-rule authority, which means that the people of San Antonio can adopt any law that does not conflict with state law and have the discretion to allocate scarce local public resources,” Siegel said.

The Justice Charter directs the city not to spend money on the enforcement of Class A or Class B misdemeanor marijuana possession and the state’s abortion laws.
https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/san-antonio-voters-to-decide-on-abortion-17772677.php

BD24
02-09-2023, 09:30 AM
Wish they wouldn’t have packaged it all together. I think the abortion piece will make this not pass. Maybe I’m not giving the people of SA enough credit though

pgardn
02-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Wish they wouldn’t have packaged it all together. I think the abortion piece will make this not pass. Maybe I’m not giving the people of SA enough credit though

If it’s SA city limits the majority vote blue.
Like most other big cities.

BD24
02-09-2023, 02:20 PM
If it’s SA city limits the majority vote blue.
Like most other big cities.
Yes, but I do wonder how much of the Religious hispanic vote might vote against abortion tbh

Chucho
02-09-2023, 04:00 PM
It's San Antonio.

The Mexicans absolutely hate the colored people and want them choked out. I never met a real Chicano in TX that liked colored folk, let alone a white person.

Chucho
02-09-2023, 04:01 PM
One thing about Messicans. They value family above all else. But most of that demographic dont give a shit about voting, we're not getting up early to give a shit about anything. Wake us up after 12 and maybe we'll talk around 5pm that day.

koriwhat
02-09-2023, 05:12 PM
Yes, but I do wonder how much of the Religious hispanic vote might vote against abortion tbh

Too bad your mother didn't believe in abortion. There'd be one less pussy around if she did. SMH

Blake
02-09-2023, 06:06 PM
It's San Antonio.

The Mexicans absolutely hate the colored people and want them choked out. I never met a real Chicano in TX that liked colored folk, let alone a white person.

One thing about Messicans. They value family above all else. But most of that demographic dont give a shit about voting, we're not getting up early to give a shit about anything. Wake us up after 12 and maybe we'll talk around 5pm that day.

Awesome anecdotes. Thanks for sharing.

Blake
02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
Too bad your mother didn't believe in abortion. There'd be one less pussy around if she did. SMH

Another day another death wish

koriwhat
02-09-2023, 06:20 PM
Your mother too BlaKKKe.

Blake
02-09-2023, 06:25 PM
Your mother too BlaKKKe.

Your dads too

BD24
02-10-2023, 12:30 AM
Another day of Joey not caring.