PDA

View Full Version : Updated Rotation

TD 21
02-09-2023, 05:35 PM
Starters: Sochan, Johnson, Collins, Vassell, Jones

Bench: Graham, McDermott, Bassey, Branham, Bates-Diop, Langford

Deep bench/G-League: Birch, Roby, Wesley, Dieng, Barlow (TW)

spurraider21
02-09-2023, 05:44 PM
man that looks depressing, though good for the tank

tbdog
02-09-2023, 05:47 PM
So depressing. But we know the next good spurs team doesn't feature 3/4 of this team.

JPB
02-09-2023, 05:49 PM
Cult roster tbh.

John B
02-09-2023, 05:51 PM
Brick for Vic!

scott
02-09-2023, 05:54 PM
Sochan and Bassey the only exciting players to watch. Need to get Bassey on a full deal.

offset formation
02-09-2023, 05:57 PM
I want to see Bassey getting 25+ mpg on the big club with better talent around him. Without pop yanking him everything he messes up. He's too good inside and out NOT to let him ride or die on the court. And what better time than now when we suck balls...

scott
02-09-2023, 05:58 PM
FULL BASSEY SZN

offset formation
02-09-2023, 05:59 PM
So depressing. But we know the next good spurs team doesn't feature 3/4 of this team.

Fear not, SRPs coming to save the day and move us up 9 spots or gets us a journeyman vet that hasn't played all season.

SPURt
02-09-2023, 07:15 PM
The worst roster in the history of the franchise, Wemby or bust

jhfenton
02-09-2023, 07:19 PM
Sochan and Bassey the only exciting players to watch. Need to get Bassey on a full deal.

They've saved enough games for Bassey for him to play the rest of the season for the big club (less one game).

mystargtr34
02-09-2023, 07:21 PM
Collins-Bassey(TW)-Dieng-Birch
Sochan-KBD-Roby-Barlow (TW)
Johnson-Doug-Stanley
Vassell-Branham-Langford
Tre-Graham-Wesley

20 win team tbh.

spurraider21
02-09-2023, 07:24 PM
Johnson-Doug-Stanley
Vassell-Branham-Langford
Tre-Graham-Wesley

20 win team tbh.
what about the other 62 games?

NASpurs
02-09-2023, 07:27 PM
Johnson-Doug-Stanley
Vassell-Branham-Langford
Tre-Graham-Wesley

20 win team tbh.

27 games left in the season and they would have to win 6 of those 27 which would make them a .22 team (winning 1/4 games before the trade deadline).

They'll be lucky to crack 20 with this roster given that a lot of them go on and off the injury list on top of the lack of talent.

J_Paco
02-09-2023, 07:45 PM
I'm thinking 18 wins max with this group. The should be conceivably be bad enough to get them the second worst record.

It'll depend on how bad Houston and Detroit look down the stretch. Plus, if they go the extra mile and sit guys too.

barakz21
02-09-2023, 07:53 PM
I'm thinking 18 wins max with this group. The should be conceivably be bad enough to get them the second worst record.

It'll depend on how bad Houston and Detroit look down the stretch. Plus, if they go the extra mile and sit guys too.

18 as in 18 more wins or 18 for the whole season?

Russ
02-09-2023, 07:57 PM

Unfortunately, they all know that.

aissagholi7981
02-09-2023, 07:57 PM
Just a reminder….

No. 2 picks in the NBA draft since Kevin Durant
Michael Beasley
Hasheem Thabeet
Evan Turner
Derrick Williams
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Victor Oladipo
Jabari Parker
D’Angelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lonzo Ball
Marvin Bagley III
Ja Morant
James Wiseman
Jalen Green
Chet Holmgren

safe to say getting the 2nd pick is worse then 3rd

CGD
02-09-2023, 08:01 PM
Just a reminder….

Michael Beasley
Hasheem Thabeet
Evan Turner
Derrick Williams
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Victor Oladipo
Jabari Parker
D’Angelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lonzo Ball
Marvin Bagley III
Ja Morant
James Wiseman
Jalen Green
Chet Holmgren

Yikes. Let’s hope Scoot has better luck. I recall the KD draft was kinda seen as a 1a 1b draft considering how high folks were on Oden. Maybe similar here.

J_Paco
02-09-2023, 08:30 PM
18 as in 18 more wins or 18 for the whole season?

18 for the entire season, obviously. Not enough, defense, and shooting for anymore.

J_Paco
02-09-2023, 08:33 PM
Yikes. Let’s hope Scoot has better luck. I recall the KD draft was kinda seen as a 1a 1b draft considering how high folks were on Oden. Maybe similar here.

Not promising, but Scoot has some Ja - esque potential in a bigger frame.

Obviously, we've seen plenty of athletic PG's flame out for one reason or another. Just gotta hope he's more like Westbrook and Ja, while being a lot less like Derrick Rose & Dennis Smith Jr.

Mr. Body
02-09-2023, 08:33 PM
I want to see Sochan and Vassell back.

I want to see Bassey in the rotation.

I want to see Branham find ways to contribute more and more often.

I want to see Wesley settle down and figure out his potential role.

Chinook
02-09-2023, 08:35 PM
I actually like Graham's fit with the starters between Sochan being a point-forward and the Vasseldon duo, they could use a guy who will take the threes at most opportunities and not be hesitant. Obviously Jones is still the starter, but I'd bring Graham in as the first guy off the bench and bring Jones back once Sochan goes to the bench. He and Branham are a more natural fit as the guards than Richardson, though obviously they aren't as good. Throw in post-injury Wesley, and it's a losing trio, but I think they can be decent next season. Collins is a better fit with the starters than Poeltl, though obviously not as good. I'm of the belief the Spurs will try to claim Goga as well. With Bassey already being there, there's reason to be interested. Hopefully guys like KBD don't stop Barlow from being in the rotation. I think he'll grow to be fine at the five, but PF is a place where he could show some legit upside.

Russ
02-09-2023, 08:36 PM

I want a pony.

(Just kiddin ya man.)

Mr. Body
02-09-2023, 08:39 PM
I want a pony.

(Just kiddin ya man.)

I think you got to suck Elon Musk's cock for that.

spurraider21
02-09-2023, 08:49 PM
if we thought our defense was bad before... just wait till collins has to open up against other teams's starters. he's going to have to be very cognizant to avoid foul trouble. offensively will actually be good to see if the increased spacing helps guys like keldon/sochan when slashing/attacking the rim

Atl Spur
02-09-2023, 08:52 PM
Scoot is legit

JPB
02-09-2023, 08:53 PM
Just a reminder….

Michael Beasley
Hasheem Thabeet
Evan Turner
Derrick Williams
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Victor Oladipo
Jabari Parker
D’Angelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lonzo Ball
Marvin Bagley III
Ja Morant
James Wiseman
Jalen Green
Chet Holmgren

THAT is depressing.

CGD
02-09-2023, 08:55 PM
I actually like Graham's fit with the starters between Sochan being a point-forward and the Vasseldon duo, they could use a guy who will take the threes at most opportunities and not be hesitant. Obviously Jones is still the starter, but I'd bring Graham in as the first guy off the bench and bring Jones back once Sochan goes to the bench. He and Branham are a more natural fit as the guards than Richardson, though obviously they aren't as good. Throw in post-injury Wesley, and it's a losing trio, but I think they can be decent next season. Collins is a better fit with the starters than Poeltl, though obviously not as good. I'm of the belief the Spurs will try to claim Goga as well. With Bassey already being there, there's reason to be interested. Hopefully guys like KBD don't stop Barlow from being in the rotation. I think he'll grow to be fine at the five, but PF is a place where he could show some legit upside.

I support getting a look at Goga, so long as hes not a nut job.
https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/player-review-2022-goga-bitadze

KingKev
02-09-2023, 08:57 PM
I’m quite pleased with our moves this deadline but damn we literally have near 0 talent on this roster.

rascal
02-09-2023, 09:10 PM
Spurs are locks for the worst record in the league.

slick'81
02-09-2023, 10:15 PM
It'll be interesting if spurs make it to 18 wins

spurraider21
02-09-2023, 10:19 PM
I’m quite pleased with our moves this deadline but damn we literally have near 0 talent on this roster.
we're pretty bad, but lately have looked even worse than we actually are. for better or worse, vassell is the best player on the roster and he's been out. sochan had been showing growth and now he's been out over a week. Tre cant shoot worth shit but he still ran the offense decently enough while at least competing on defense, and hes been out for over a week.

but yeah, with poeltl and richardson gone, its going to be pretty damn ugly from here on out even with those guys back lol. yak's play wasnt very inspiring in recent weeks but he was still a serviceable starting center. i have no confidence that zach is up to the task. and when things got out of hand, richardson was a steadying presence in the backcourt who would provide shooting and also playmaking/point guard duties. that failsafe is also gone.

i hope pop meant it when he said he wanted some nasty

timvp
02-09-2023, 10:47 PM
How crazy would it to start Graham, Vassell, KJ, Sochan and Collins? I'd love to see what Sochan could do with a spaced floor. And it'd be interesting to see how much KJ's efficiency increases with actual shooters around him.

I mean, I've been hard on KJ at times this season but the guy has literally played with some of the worst spacing lineups I've ever seen. Lineups where KJ has been surrounded by four of Tre, Langford, KBD, Sochan and Poeltl aren't even fair.

BackHome
02-10-2023, 12:15 AM
With Poodle gone we definitely will fall in the bottom two for sure as our defense is going to take a huge hit - On a side note it will be interesting to see if Collins can man the Center position for the remaining season without getting seriously injured

timvp
02-10-2023, 12:18 AM
With Poodle gone we definitely will fall in the bottom two for sure as our defense is going to take a huge hit - On a side note it will be interesting to see if Collins can man the Center position for the remaining season without getting seriously injured

Interestingly, the Spurs have been worse defensively with Poeltl on the court than Collins or Bassey.

BackHome
02-10-2023, 12:23 AM
Collins has kinda been used as a spark it will be interesting to see what he can do playing 30 minutes a game...

BackHome
02-10-2023, 12:30 AM

Blake injury pushed back his learning curve I would like for the Spurs to make him the leader in Austin for the majority of next season with call ups as needed. He was drafted on his potential but everyone should know it's a 3 year project he has a lot of things he needs to work on but the potential to be really good is there just needs to put the work in and it will hopefully click for him one day.....

heyheymymy
02-10-2023, 12:50 AM
BackHome I think that's a good point

Zach has done well to appear sturdy but you're right, what happens if the mins go up and the demand goes up. Banging with starting level bigs now and it will be a true stress test

KingKev
02-10-2023, 07:35 AM
Now that we got 6 months of speculating on what we will do with Jak, JRich and our cap space out of the way what are us girls going to bicker about between now and the ball drop?

Would be great to see someone like Bassey, Barlow or Branham breakout to end this last 3rd of the season.

There is no shortage of minutes and opportunity for this young squad. So many guys fighting for their NBA future. I’ll be pretty disappointed if we end the season and none of these guys have really
improved their buzz.

mo7888
02-10-2023, 07:47 AM
Now that we got 6 months of speculating on what we will do with Jak, JRich and our cap space out of the way what are us girls going to bicker about between now and the ball drop?

Would be great to see someone like Bassey, Barlow or Branham breakout to end this last 3rd of the season.

There is no shortage of minutes and opportunity for this young squad. So many guys fighting for their NBA future. I’ll be pretty disappointed if we end the season and none of these guys have really
improved their buzz.

I think there's 3 topics we're gonna bicker about, in addition rotation/ minutes-

1) Doug's fit and if signing him was a mistake.

2) What players in the draft we like/don't like.

3) Should we add talent for next season or continue the tank, and if so how long do we tank?

exstatic
02-10-2023, 07:49 AM

Against TOR, he finally looked like pre-MCL Blake.

CGD
02-10-2023, 07:57 AM
After all the rumblings of Spurs loving Goga during the draft, im wondering they go after him now that he’s been cut.

The Truth #6
02-10-2023, 08:02 AM
Less Roby and KBD, and more Bassey and Barlow. That’s a starting point.

KingKev
02-10-2023, 08:02 AM
I think there's 3 topics we're gonna bicker about, in addition rotation/ minutes-

1) Doug's fit and if signing him was a mistake.

2) What players in the draft we like/don't like.

3) Should we add talent for next season or continue the tank, and if so how long do we tank?

I’ll bicker #3 to the death of us all. Keep this tank rolling for 2-3 years even with Wemby.

mo7888
02-10-2023, 08:45 AM
I’ll bicker #3 to the death of us all. Keep this tank rolling for 2-3 years even with Wemby.

I'm a little torn on that, but I do think we should keep it going through next season. There aren't enough quality FA on the market this summer to really start to add to this team...so I think there's better value in waiting another year.

The Truth #6
02-10-2023, 10:00 AM
I’m not sure how much of a choice we have with winning. I mean pop probably could’ve squeezed another four or five victories this season maybe. Hard to say. Until we get better talent, obviously, we’re still going to be a bad team.

KingKev
02-10-2023, 10:11 AM
I’m not sure how much of a choice we have with winning. I mean pop probably could’ve squeezed another four or five victories this season maybe. Hard to say. Until we get better talent, obviously, we’re still going to be a bad team.

Brian Wright finally got tired of Pop winning meaningless games down the stretch these last few years, assembled this squad and said not even you can fuck this up Pop.

wildbill2u
02-10-2023, 10:13 AM
if we thought our defense was bad before... just wait till collins has to open up against other teams's starters. he's going to have to be very cognizant to avoid foul trouble. offensively will actually be good to see if the increased spacing helps guys like keldon/sochan when slashing/attacking the rim

The cup full view is that Collins in foul trouble will bring on Bassey to see what he can do.

offset formation
02-10-2023, 10:58 AM
The cup full view is that Collins in foul trouble will bring on Bassey to see what he can do.

I have a feeling KBD will get small ball center minutes before Bassey gets much run, especially if Bassey is hampered by injury.

wildbill2u
02-10-2023, 12:32 PM
How about this for some end of season fun. Coaches should select 2 coach/captains for each game from the players on the rosters. Let them choose their teams, alternating picks like you'd pick players on the school ground. I wonder if the results might inform the real coaches about the feelings of the players about the abilities of their team mates. They could take the floor as skins and shirts instead of unis. :downspin:

I doubt the rotations would be much worse than the coaches since there really isn't a lot of choice among players as to their relative skillsets. We are in the Apocolypse Now, my friends.

wildbill2u
02-10-2023, 12:37 PM
I have a feeling KBD will get small ball center minutes before Bassey gets much run, especially if Bassey is hampered by injury.

Or maybe Barlow if Bassey can't go. Why not bring the kid down for the last few games and let him get some burn. I don't expect KBD to have any further growth this year. He is what he is. Same with Roby. Let Langdon rehab in Austin. What we have left on the team is basically trash that few teams would have the balls to put on the floor as an authentic NBA team. Might as well get some kicks doing the unusual.

The Truth #6
02-10-2023, 12:45 PM
It’s possible our defense doesn’t actually get that much worse after Yak leaves. Just saying. I mean, it’s already horrible, but hopefully the young players with “potential” will get some burn and they can at least better clarify their deficiencies. Lol.

scott
02-10-2023, 01:56 PM
Would like to see some Blake-Bran-Devin-Sochan-Bassey lineups tbqh

stnick2261
02-10-2023, 01:56 PM
If we get Wemby, I think you have to start right off with fighting for every win. Get that mentality back. We have plenty of future draft picks, and we don't have to spend our cap space on a FA until we have one available that fits perfectly.

KingKev
02-10-2023, 02:25 PM
It’s possible our defense doesn’t actually get that much worse after Yak leaves. Just saying. I mean, it’s already horrible, but hopefully the young players with “potential” will get some burn and they can at least better clarify their deficiencies. Lol.

I suspect it’ll be tough to miss a beat. That’s how bad our D has been. I’m more interested on what Jak brings to the Raps tbh. His presence as a high end, role playing defensive big with some decent wing defenders will give us some insight on why we are so bad.

RC_Drunkford
02-10-2023, 03:38 PM
If we get Wemby, I think you have to start right off with fighting for every win. Get that mentality back. We have plenty of future draft picks, and we don't have to spend our cap space on a FA until we have one available that fits perfectly.

don't worry, Wemby won't help us win games if we get him. He will need a couple of years for us to get there

stnick2261
02-10-2023, 03:45 PM
don't worry, Wemby won't help us win games if we get him. He will need a couple of years for us to get there

Understood. And I'm not saying we need to get bad contracts and middle of the road players to make a rush at the playoffs. Play the young guys and stop giving our best players the night off. Actually put effort in and try to win the close games. It would still be a slow road, but 1 (successful) tank season should be enough.

I'd hate to end up with a later pick and have to do this again next year (even if it would be needed)

RC_Drunkford
02-10-2023, 03:58 PM
Understood. And I'm not saying we need to get bad contracts and middle of the road players to make a rush at the playoffs. Play the young guys and stop giving our best players the night off. Actually put effort in and try to win the close games. It would still be a slow road, but 1 (successful) tank season should be enough.

I'd hate to end up with a later pick and have to do this again next year (even if it would be needed)

yeah I feel you. They should definitely start to play defense and try their best to win once the Spurs got their #1 option

TD 21
02-10-2023, 05:28 PM
I suspect it’ll be tough to miss a beat. That’s how bad our D has been. I’m more interested on what Jak brings to the Raps tbh. His presence as a high end, role playing defensive big with some decent wing defenders will give us some insight on why we are so bad.

:lmao Zach, is that you?

The Craptors, for all their ballyhooed length, athleticism and unethical coach's supposed genius grade school defensive schemes, rank 17th defensively.

KingKev
02-10-2023, 06:52 PM
:lmao Zach, is that you?

The Craptors, for all their ballyhooed length, athleticism and unethical coach's supposed genius grade school defensive schemes, rank 17th defensively.

Boogie, is that you? :lmao :lmao

I’m interested to see if Jak can improve their defense as it will give us an indication of just how bad ours really is and maybe point to what some of the real underlying problems we have in that side of the floor. If he goes there and shores that up it might say something.