PDA

View Full Version : Calling it now

aissagholi7981
02-11-2023, 05:34 PM
If we don’t get the first pick, ladies and gentlemen here is our guy.

https://bleacherreport.com/post/nba-draft/0e9a3dfe-ec60-47fa-a971-1b983e8cf5f2

heyheymymy
02-11-2023, 05:49 PM
co-signed, the realistic scenario spurs get #4 or #5 and Miller is there

would be a great fit and maybe my first choice after the clear Wemby and Scoot tier

TDMVPDPOY
02-11-2023, 06:32 PM
like i said, whatever is the back up plan if they fail getting the powerball... they better draft the correct player and use the capspace to build around...

unless one of the scrubs on the team is already the future to build pieces around.. aka vassell or keldon

ps. i wonder which player currently in the league who is 2nd or 3rd fiddle waiting to breakout to have a bigger role aka franchise player to sign

aissagholi7981
02-11-2023, 06:49 PM
I take him over Scoot tbh. I’d rather have someone 6-8 that’s athletic and seems like a bright kid. Scoot is a baller but Miller will be as good as Kawaii within a few years

GAustex
02-11-2023, 07:09 PM
This kid sits Keldon?

aissagholi7981
02-11-2023, 07:13 PM
After his first season, yes. I also feel that Sohan will be our starting PG next year. Pretty wild but definitely fun to see.

Wu36
02-11-2023, 07:13 PM
Do they want another Alabama player.

Mr. Body
02-11-2023, 07:17 PM

They can compare cock sizes.

JPB
02-11-2023, 07:27 PM
Well, if he can become a bright Nephew, I'm all for it. But yeah, kid seems to be smart and poised. Maybe not the alpha gene but great potential if well developed. Could be a nice consolation price and spurs are not in a hurry to win a ship, so...

Wu36
02-11-2023, 08:01 PM
Just biased off the school I’d teach the shrink how to not look.

LeBowen
02-11-2023, 08:06 PM
I'd be happy with positionless starting lineup next season.

Sochan-Vassell-Keldon-Miller and get a decent big.

I don't want those Thompson brothers, idk about Scoot. Would gladly accept Miller today if it was a guarantee.

GAustex
02-11-2023, 08:29 PM
^interesting
Going huge
Not pops style but intriguing

aissagholi7981
02-11-2023, 08:34 PM
I'd be happy with positionless starting lineup next season.

Sochan-Vassell-Keldon-Miller and get a decent big.

I don't want those Thompson brothers, idk about Scoot. Would gladly accept Miller today if it was a guarantee.

yup! That’s the move

skin27
02-11-2023, 09:27 PM
Henderson over miller all day

bdictjames
02-12-2023, 01:11 AM
How sure am I he isn't a Nerlens-Noel type of player?

couchman
02-12-2023, 01:21 AM
Because he can shoot

couchman
02-12-2023, 01:22 AM
BTW, Scoot is #2 all day

aissagholi7981
02-12-2023, 02:05 AM
Don’t be surprised if we get the #2 pick we trade down to #3 and get a first round for 2024.

Now that would be something

RC_Drunkford
02-12-2023, 02:06 AM
Scoot is a lock for #2, but I wouldn't be mad if the Spurs draft a wing if they fall out of the top 2. Scoot doesn't seem like Spurs material to me and there might be players of the same caliber down the line

spursparker9
02-12-2023, 08:07 AM
Spurs better get the #2 pick and pick Henderson if they cannot win the #1 pick...

exstatic
02-12-2023, 09:23 AM

That’s actually a legit question. In the last 6 months, a sexual deviant and a murderer from that program have been uncovered. If SA is interested in Miller, they’re probably already backgrounding him.

Russ
02-12-2023, 02:14 PM
That’s actually a legit question. In the last 6 months, a sexual deviant and a murderer from that program have been uncovered. If SA is interested in Miller, they’re probably already backgrounding him.

Fool me once . . .

Fool me a buncha more times . . . ?

Well, then just hold your nose and yell "Roll Tide, baby!" Don't worry, it's been done a million times before!

(But I think this guy may have more problems as a player than just his alma mater.)

JPB
02-12-2023, 03:03 PM

There has been a sexual deviant in our program too (the only place actually he was), doesn't make spurs a franchise to background... unless saying Alabama only recruit deviant people, it's just a coincidence and something impossible to detect or anticipate from the moment there's precisely no background or any sign. They can ask "are a sexual deviant or are you gonna kill people" all they want... Spurs weren't smarter than Alabama program with Primo.

Wu36
02-12-2023, 03:10 PM
We don’t know what Alabama covers up or not. Like how bad do they want their basketball program to be as good as the football program? Just a question.

exstatic
02-12-2023, 04:22 PM
There has been a sexual deviant in our program too (the only place actually he was), doesn't make spurs a franchise to background... unless saying Alabama only recruit deviant people, it's just a coincidence and something impossible to detect or anticipate from the moment there's precisely no background or any sign. They can ask "are a sexual deviant or are you gonna kill people" all they want... Spurs weren't smarter than Alabama program with Primo.

You can’t actually say he wasn’t before he got here, and we did dump him when it became apparent that it wasn’t an accident or a one time thing. That was bad enough, but the UA player up on murder charges? Way worse.

Sometimes, when a program isn’t a long time top flight situation, like Kentucky or Kansas, short cuts are taken in recruiting, regarding background checks. At this point, the UA men’s BB program has to be considered sus, and if you’re interested in one of their players, you have to do thorough background on them, because it doesn’t appear that UA does.

JPB
02-12-2023, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure what kind of background check could tell you a potential recruit is gonna kill someone. And it's ofc not because you come from a difficult background that you're a potential murderer... There's plenty of "normal" looking people who become murderers, from street people to high society people... There's a whole lot of future stars who would have never made college with that kind of backrground check, starting by Murray who has still friends in Jail... And it stays isolated, altough dramatic events... Not like dozens of college players were killing people every year.

Wu36
02-12-2023, 05:08 PM
Good job. Said what I was thinking but better exstatic

skin27
02-13-2023, 01:35 AM
Scoot is a lock for #2, but I wouldn't be mad if the Spurs draft a wing if they fall out of the top 2. Scoot doesn't seem like Spurs material to me and there might be players of the same caliber down the line

Fuck that spurs material thingy! Spurs need to pick henderson if they dont get wembanyama.

RC_Drunkford
02-13-2023, 11:32 AM
Fuck that spurs material thingy! Spurs need to pick henderson if they dont get wembanyama.

do you know how to read?

Scoot is a lock for #2, but I wouldn't be mad if the Spurs draft a wing if they fall out of the top 2 .

skin27
02-13-2023, 07:38 PM
do you know how to read?

But you said scoot isnt a spur material. Fuck that.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-13-2023, 10:14 PM
I really like Anthony Black from Arkansas. The Spurs have excelled developing players like him in the past.

scott
02-13-2023, 10:16 PM
What's Black's ceiling though? Derrick White?

Not trying to be sarcastic, I truly am a novice to Black's game at this point, trying to comprehend the appeal. This board has some really good talent evaluators.

Mr. Body
02-13-2023, 10:23 PM

Not trying to be sarcastic, I truly am a novice to Black's game at this point, trying to comprehend the appeal. This board has some really good talent evaluators.

A better defensive, worse shooting Cade Cunningham.

A much better defensive, better shooting, more athletic, worse passing Josh Giddey.

Vince Carter's ankle
02-14-2023, 01:45 AM
worse shooting Cade Cunningham.
https://sun9-48.userapi.com/impg/evFKkT-zMGazkRzQhDcdFbamXWaKRv-BoaXqXg/n2HLSCXO5pA.jpg?size=550x91&quality=96&sign=d9d52a60de6b48b39939891c14bc7313&type=album

Mr. Body
02-14-2023, 05:36 AM
https://sun9-48.userapi.com/impg/evFKkT-zMGazkRzQhDcdFbamXWaKRv-BoaXqXg/n2HLSCXO5pA.jpg?size=550x91&quality=96&sign=d9d52a60de6b48b39939891c14bc7313&type=album

I meant coming into the draft. I think Black has a shot that will be fixable and he'll be fine there.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-14-2023, 05:44 AM

That's a really good question. I think anyone who gives you a definitive answer is telling on themselves to be honest. What I like about Black is his high BBIQ, his functional athleticism, competitiveness and his ability to be a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball. Guys like that tend to develop really well in the Spurs system, where Pop has proven that he can unlock offensive potential in a young player a la Kawhi, Dejounte and now Sochan. Regardless, guys like Black always seem to do well in the league.

rankingtear
02-14-2023, 06:16 AM
We can go versatility with Jarace Walker at the 5 if they are not sold on Scoot. I know Scoot is good but he has to be better relative to a guy like Jarace to make more of an impact in playoff wins. Ja and Curry are the best on what they do by a mile.

JPB
02-14-2023, 08:12 AM
I meant coming into the draft. I think Black has a shot that will be fixable and he'll be fine there.

To tease you a little, and following your standards, he should stay in college since he's not a projected lottery pick for some:
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2023-nba-mock-draft-victor-wembanyama-goes-no-1-to-spurs-in-first-projections-following-trade-deadline/

exstatic
02-14-2023, 10:20 AM
To tease you a little, and following your standards, he should stay in college since he's not a projected lottery pick for some:
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2023-nba-mock-draft-victor-wembanyama-goes-no-1-to-spurs-in-first-projections-following-trade-deadline/

It’s early, and he’s already mocking in the lottery in some places. Dean has him in his 3-7 group, and I really don’t see him slipping past TOR. He’s a Masai type of player.