PDA

View Full Version : As Much as I like TNT

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2005, 03:00 AM
Those camera angles sucked tonight, a bunch of shots were lost because of the arch. That was really bad, and it got annoying

mavsfan1000
12-02-2005, 03:01 AM
TNT sucks. I hate Barkley and all the analyst over there. They say the same thing over and over again. It gets boring.

JMarkJohns
12-02-2005, 03:11 AM
I LOVE KERR!!!

The rest can go to Hell. Not really, but figuratively...

woodseed
12-02-2005, 03:31 AM
I love Barkley! But I agree that he repeats himself, and oftentimes unintelligible stuff comes out of his mouth. But I love TNT over ESPN.

JMarkJohns
12-02-2005, 03:36 AM
Barkley is such an ass. All he does is espouse team work, hustle and good defense... or exactly the opposite of what he did as a player.

After that, I suppose he's right on the money!

"I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger"
- Rod Stewart

There ya go, Chuck's motto :rolleyes

Bloodline666
12-02-2005, 03:43 AM
Actually, I think the pregames, halftime reports, and postgames are more fun on TNT. I love the Kenny Smith/Charles Barkley jokes, especially when Reggie Miller is also in the studio. Hell, I even submitted the one where Reggie and Charles were trying to pronounce Fabricio Oberto's name to http://www.clintcam.com/barkley/

MI21
12-02-2005, 03:44 AM
Are you trying to say Barkley didn't hustle on the court?

JMarkJohns
12-02-2005, 03:47 AM
Are you trying to say Barkley didn't hustle on the court?

LMAO, I hope that's sarcasm :lol

Umm??? YES! :tu

lilmads
12-02-2005, 06:33 AM
TNT sucks!
I saw all these weird angles yesterday with them zoomin in stupid places.. ugh!
But they did zoom a lot in TP so i was kinda happy:)

SmotPoker
12-02-2005, 06:45 AM
It looked pretty good in high def.... nice and sharp.

exstatic
12-02-2005, 08:31 AM
How do you get an Auburn grad off your front porch?

Pay for your pizza.
:rollin

BTW, how can you be a 6'5" PF and win an MVP and not hustle? He also averaged over 5 assists per season from the PF spot, TWICE. I agree he didn't play any defense, though.

SouthernFried
12-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Barkley is the only reason I go to the TV and turn up the sound.

blackbucket
12-02-2005, 09:02 AM
TNT sucks. I hate Barkley and all the analyst over there. They say the same thing over and over again. It gets boring.

This coming from a Mavs fan is not surprising. He calls the Mavs out all the time. I know if he said the same thing about the Spurs, most Spurs fans (me not included) would be up in arms and say he sucks. But he is very entertaining.
I love Charles. They have the best pre/post game in sports.

G-Nob
12-02-2005, 09:13 AM
The positioning of the cameras is very awkward at the AAC. It makes for horrible angles on TV. The Stars games are equally bad to watch because the cameras are so low. Also, when the crowd stands, its even harder to see the action.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-02-2005, 09:37 AM
I love the studio crew but Doug Collins is pretty useless as the color analyst.

easjer
12-02-2005, 09:44 AM
I love and adore TNT games. They are more interesting and fun (studio crew). I actually care what they have to say. I love Steve Kerr.

Now, I will be honest and say a lot of that love probably comes from enjoying them praise the Spurs. But I think Charles and Co generally call it like they see it, and are not afraid of offending any team or player. Unlike ESPN, which has it's mouth firmly planted on the asses of several teams.

Camera angles have rarely bothered me except on ABC. They are awful and really piss me off - NBC was way better.

Shelly
12-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Did Doug Collins bleach his hair? I don't remember it being that blonde and light.

LilMissSPURfect
12-02-2005, 09:54 AM
TNT>EShaqPN

T Park
12-02-2005, 10:04 AM
TNT is the best NBA wise covering basketball.

In the playoffs, their coverage is second to none.

Johnson Smith and Barkley is classic.

And when they get serious, they have fantastic analysis.

Mav and Suns fans hate Barkley cause he tells it like it is.

Tis all.

LilMissSPURfect
12-02-2005, 10:10 AM
"let the truth be told !!!!!"

and sometimes that truth hurts ehy?

nkdlunch
12-02-2005, 10:17 AM

:lol Mav fan hates Barkley 'cause he tells it how it really is. Mavs suck :lol

samikeyp
12-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Barkley rocks....Reggie is a tool. I think he is still bent because he is only the second best player in his family.

strangeweather
12-02-2005, 12:01 PM
This coming from a Mavs fan is not surprising. He calls the Mavs out all the time. I know if he said the same thing about the Spurs, most Spurs fans (me not included) would be up in arms and say he sucks. But he is very entertaining.
I love Charles. They have the best pre/post game in sports.

Very true.

On the other hand, the Mavs are starting to look a lot more solid fundamentally this year than they ever have. If Dirk doesn't choke in the playoffs again, the Mavs may make a deep run and finally impress people like the TNT crew.

Lonestar
12-02-2005, 12:02 PM
I agree that the camera angles are annoying. I understand that the networks are trying to find new angles but when the game is tight, I want the classic side view showing everybody on that half of the court. I do kinda like the shot from center court behind the shooter on free throws it gives you a good look at the ball and whether it's drifting off to one side or another. I also think Steve Kerr is a great broadcaster.

Taco
12-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Those camera angles sucked tonight, a bunch of shots were lost because of the arch. That was really bad, and it got annoying

TNT needs to change to SUCK
They would change angles in the middle of the play or a shot

they sucked

samikeyp
12-02-2005, 01:20 PM
I sense...anger within the Taco. :)

Taco
12-02-2005, 01:27 PM
I sense...anger within the Taco. :)

Forgive me, I was on a Two beer limit last night :lol

I had to sneek a third one to calm down after the finish and the "TRAVEL" by Timmy :lol

SpursWoman
12-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I {heart} Charles. :)

I can see how a Maverick fan wouldn't like him, though...he seems to be you guys' Stephen A. Smith.

:fro :lol

pache100
12-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Barkley rocks....Reggie is a tool. I think he is still bent because he is only the second best player in his family.

Also, only the second best announcer in the family (just kidding...I love Reggie).

JMarkJohns
12-02-2005, 02:06 PM
How do you get an Auburn grad off your front porch?

Pay for your pizza.
:rollin

BTW, how can you be a 6'5" PF and win an MVP and not hustle? He also averaged over 5 assists per season from the PF spot, TWICE. I agree he didn't play any defense, though.

He didn't hustle, not with Phoenix anyways. As for the assists, cause and effect, little more. He'd claim possession of the ball every time down the floor, suck in the defense and kick it out around 8/10 times a game.

Considering he probably had the ball in his hands 40/50 times on offense, that's not really being unselfish, so much as not being able to score over/through triple teams.

Now he stresses ball-movement, but back then, the only movement of the ball was an entry pass, a few dribbles and either a shot or a kickout.

That's it.

That's not teammork, no matter how many assists he notches. Francis averages 7 assists a game, ya gonna say he's a team-oriented player? Marbury averages around 8... he too?

Meanwhile, Bibby averages just 5/6, because he doesn't always have to be the one making the play.

JMarkJohns
12-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Mav and Suns fans hate Barkley cause he tells it like it is.

Tis all.

Lame... He's a bandwagon fan and he hitches his horses to the biggest and meanest looking train in the field. Detroit or San Antonio. That's it, that's all.

He's a Johnny Come Lately, by and large and offers repetition on facts he knew as a player, but seemingly ignored. It's easy to say, "Hustle, get your teammates involved and play defense" when your sitting from an armchair with your money of the 'stons or the Spurs... he of all people should know it's not nearly as easy to do so in the game. He's bitter his style of play didn't win himself the Championship, so now he hates anything and every team that plays similerly. He wants to make everyone forget that his playing style was nothing like what he espouses now. So he beats you over the head with Detroit and San Antonio, to the expense of just about every other team in the League.

Talk is cheap and he ain't got the goods to back up his act.

JMarkJohns
12-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah and T Park...

I got yours, right here:

... oh and JMarkJohns, don't worry about T Park, he is sort of the resident fool around these parts. The jester sort of speak. Noone pays him any real heed, after all, he's been known to talk out of his ass, and then repent about it.

Oops!

mavsfan1000
12-02-2005, 03:25 PM
truth hurts?

The way Barkley talks it seems he hasn't watched a game this year. He say the mavericks are a great offensive team. They are slightly above normal. He says they don't play defense and they are holding teams to 92 points this year. Also Dallas is missing 2 key players in Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse. Adrian Griffin looked terrible last night. It is obvious that Barkley is only on tnt for comedy purposes and not for his intelligence.

SPURS21
12-02-2005, 06:56 PM
...and whats with Doug Collins new look? Dude looks like he slept in a tanning bed n borrowed some of eminem's peroxide

ALVAREZ6
12-02-2005, 06:58 PM
The way Barkley talks it seems he hasn't watched a game this year. He say the mavericks are a great offensive team. They are slightly above normal. He says they don't play defense and they are holding teams to 92 points this year. Also Dallas is missing 2 key players in Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse. Adrian Griffin looked terrible last night. It is obvious that Barkley is only on tnt for comedy purposes and not for his intelligence.
Well I don't blame him, but who watches Mavs games???

Not to be rude or anything...

Barkley is the reason why I watch the pre-game shows.

ambchang
12-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Lame... He's a bandwagon fan and he hitches his horses to the biggest and meanest looking train in the field. Detroit or San Antonio. That's it, that's all.

He's a Johnny Come Lately, by and large and offers repetition on facts he knew as a player, but seemingly ignored. It's easy to say, "Hustle, get your teammates involved and play defense" when your sitting from an armchair with your money of the 'stons or the Spurs... he of all people should know it's not nearly as easy to do so in the game. He's bitter his style of play didn't win himself the Championship, so now he hates anything and every team that plays similerly. He wants to make everyone forget that his playing style was nothing like what he espouses now. So he beats you over the head with Detroit and San Antonio, to the expense of just about every other team in the League.

Talk is cheap and he ain't got the goods to back up his act.
Read some of his quotes, he routinely stated that he never played defense when he played.

SA Gunslinger
12-02-2005, 08:38 PM
I cracked up when Barkley said the toughest Maverick was their coach.

Barkley didn't play great defense but he did guard bigger men which was amazing to me. I remember him guarding the Admiral and Shaq on more than one occasion. And for a guy that weighed as much as he did, how the heck did he defy gravity the way he did?

I have always respected Charles Barkley on and off the court.

Sense
12-02-2005, 11:00 PM

They say the truth over and over again?

Like... the mavs are soft and they suck?

Ok.. I can see where you're coming from now.

mavsfan1000
12-02-2005, 11:33 PM
They say the truth over and over again?

Like... the mavs are soft and they suck?

Ok.. I can see where you're coming from now.

That soft mavs team almost won both games against the spurs team. You're brilliant ideas really made me feel stupid. :rolleyes

Sense
12-03-2005, 12:25 AM
That soft mavs team almost won both games against the spurs team. You're brilliant ideas really made me feel stupid. :rolleyes

They are soft...

I would've loved to see Manu drive on that soft defense.

And the Mavs didn't win both of them... an almost is an excuse.

mavsfan1000
12-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Well I would've loved to see Josh Howard slash through the spurs defense. At least the spurs would be forced to put Bowen on him instead of Bowen on Dirk. Ginobili might be a better player than Howard but Howard means more to the Dallas team because after that is the softy named Van Horn. Anyways good win for the spurs.

Obstructed_View
12-03-2005, 12:54 AM
Barkley didn't play defense? As mentioned, he covered centers when he played, including Hakeem Shaq and Robinson. Barkley may say he didn't play defense, but people that watched him know better, especially people that watched him defend Robinson in the post.

He's a bandwagon fan? Well, he roots for the Suns, he just doesn't pick them to win.

He didn't hustle when he was with the Suns? That's a top ten on the stupid list, especially coming from someone that claims to be a Suns fan. He was the second best player in the NBA when he was there, and it was not a distant second by any stretch. I remember him scoring like 45 with 25 boards in game 7 of the WCF. The next year he could barely walk and still made the all star team. That motherfucker could flat out play.

JMarkJohns
12-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah, OK... He played defense if by definition you mean he had a player that he guarded on the defensive end.

I don't claim anything reguarding being a Suns fan. I am what I am... What I am, is not a Suns homer.

I know it's a foreign concept to most Spurs fans, but just because you pledge allegiance to a team, doesn't mean you can't be realistic in your views of the game.

I never said Barkley couldn't play. I said he refused to consistantly play defense, hustle or get teammates involved in ball-movement and/or movement without the ball.

He was a great scorer and a fantastic rebounder. He was OK in just about every other facet.

callo1
12-03-2005, 01:11 PM
I love the studio crew but Doug Collins is pretty useless as the color analyst.

You mean you arn't enlightened by that "lets see how team X finishes quarters" comment that he makes ever single game?

I agree, Collins is a moron of the highest level.

Sense
12-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Well I would've loved to see Josh Howard slash through the spurs defense. At least the spurs would be forced to put Bowen on him instead of Bowen on Dirk. Ginobili might be a better player than Howard but Howard means more to the Dallas team because after that is the softy named Van Horn. Anyways good win for the spurs.

Howard wouldn't have slashed through the Spurs defense.... especially if Bowen was on him.

The only one who's been successful doing that with the Mavs has been Harris...

mavsfan1000
12-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Howard has a size advantage over Bowen or Ginobili. Also Dirk feels more comfortable when a big man is guarding him than guards with quickness guard him.

Sense
12-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Howard has a size advantage over Bowen or Ginobili. Also Dirk feels more comfortable when a big man is guarding him than guards with quickness guard him.

Howard does have size advantage, but in the end the Spurs have the edge on that one..

And dirk prolly would've been more comfortable with Ginobili guarding him?

Trainwreck2100
12-04-2005, 01:45 AM
TNT is on the Spursies payroll.
Everyone knows that.

Want to hear a joke about the Minnesota Timberwolves?

They're the Minnesota Timberwolves.

mavsfan1000
12-04-2005, 02:10 AM
Howard does have size advantage, but in the end the Spurs have the edge on that one..

And dirk prolly would've been more comfortable with Ginobili guarding him?

If that was the case than Duncan would be guarding Marquis Daniels or Devin Harris. If Dallas goes with 2 point guards I don't think putting Ginobili on Dirk could happen except on a switch.

SequSpur
12-04-2005, 03:17 AM
you're still running your keyboard on mavs shit?

dude, your team is through.

Sense
12-04-2005, 03:41 AM
If that was the case than Duncan would be guarding Marquis Daniels or Devin Harris. If Dallas goes with 2 point guards I don't think putting Ginobili on Dirk could happen except on a switch.

I'll take Duncan to guard Daniels.... devin harris?

he's the slasher... so you know what to do now.

and like I said, guarding Dirk is a team effort since all he does is shoot...

so it's not necesarily a matchup thing.

mavsfan1000
12-04-2005, 03:44 AM
Bowen is the closest the spurs have to being able to guard Dirk. Duncan on Daniels? That is like a PF/C against a PG/SG. I would love to see that matchup. Daniels should go right by Duncan.

SequSpur
12-04-2005, 04:12 AM
Bowen is the closest the spurs have to being able to guard Dirk. Duncan on Daniels? That is like a PF/C against a PG/SG. I would love to see that matchup. Daniels should go right by Duncan.

You're an idiot.

mavsfan1000
12-04-2005, 04:25 AM
You're an idiot.

I am ready to set up a thread on the most hated members on here. I will put me, you, sense, mouse, and gig. It should be good.