PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs at Hawks - Feb. 11, 2023

timvp
02-13-2023, 03:10 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-hawks-grades-57/

Mr. Body
02-13-2023, 07:29 AM
I would love Sochan to learn how to impact games after teams have adjusted and/or his hot starts have ended.

Agree about Barlow. It'll be interesting to see how the team manages more incoming rookies with development of a player like him who needs time but shows a possible future.

I like 6 rebounds and an assist from Branham. Too often his stat sheets show zeros down the line. Good to see him finding ways to impact the game other than scoring.

rjv
02-13-2023, 11:05 AM
at least KJ is still chucking up the threes. hopefully, he'll bust out of that slump.

Gagnrath
02-13-2023, 11:10 AM
at least KJ is still chucking up the threes. hopefully, he'll bust out of that slump.

I don't get keldon on that, his three-point shooting last year was totally unexpected, but we were expecting something of a bump based on the way is shooting it progressed throughout the year before that. Last year he was a very very good three-point shooter. This year he is a very bad three-point shooter. This isn't streaky this has something else going on with the game and the way he sees it, and I don't know if it's because of the increased offense of load or not receiving the ball the same way from deshante It's just different.

Fireball
02-13-2023, 11:31 AM
Last season, first 10 games Keldon relentlessly attacked the basket and expended a lot of energy (also on defense). Only until he restrained himself a bit is 3 point shooting vastly improved. Right now he is back to big body bullying and it seems he cannot hit 3 pointers as well. It makes a difference not having a PG like Murray to set up quality stand still 3 pointers as well.

spurraider21
02-13-2023, 02:14 PM
Last season, first 10 games Keldon relentlessly attacked the basket and expended a lot of energy (also on defense). Only until he restrained himself a bit is 3 point shooting vastly improved. Right now he is back to big body bullying and it seems he cannot hit 3 pointers as well. It makes a difference not having a PG like Murray to set up quality stand still 3 pointers as well.
PG is going to be an issue even if we luck out and land Wemby. Tre does some things well but is obviously limited as a player. Graham is our new Patty. Wesley still looks a ways away. and there arent any mid-tier FA's we could attract, even by overpaying, who would be helpful in setting guys up, imo

exstatic
02-13-2023, 02:18 PM
PG is going to be an issue even if we luck out and land Wemby. Tre does some things well but is obviously limited as a player. Graham is our new Patty. Wesley still looks a ways away. and there arent any mid-tier FA's we could attract, even by overpaying, who would be helpful in setting guys up, imo

If we get Wemby, not much of an issue. We won a title with Tim having Avery Johnson as his PG. Hell, I could average 10 assists by just throwing it up within a 3 foot radius of the rim.

Atl Spur
02-13-2023, 02:19 PM

Graham is more of a complete point guard than you are giving him credit for……. Give him an off-season

spurraider21
02-13-2023, 02:25 PM
If we get Wemby, not much of an issue. We won a title with Tim having Avery Johnson as his PG. Hell, I could average 10 assists by just throwing it up within a 3 foot radius of the rim.
look im all aboard the wemby hype train but i dont think he's coming in year 1 and taking the team places. the 99 championship team also averaged like 93ppg and shot 45.6% from the field (would be 25th in today's nba), so its not like that formula is repeatable.

when wemby develops, and if branham/sochan/vassell continue to grow as creators/passers you probably could get by without a big playmaking PG as long as they are competent at 3&D stuff

RC_Drunkford
02-13-2023, 02:40 PM
that's not even an issue. Whenever those guys would be ready the Spurs could just sign a PG with cap space or make a trade. They got enough assets.