PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Division Predictions

Goob
02-14-2023, 05:42 PM
With the first Spring Training game being next Friday, excited that the season is upon us. Just curious based on offseason moves and such, what is everyone's prediction for the divisions in both leagues and who do you have winning them and finishing in the other spots? Braves fan myself just as an FYI lol. I will start:

National League:

NL East: Braves,Mets,Phillies,Marlins,Nationals
NL Central:Cardinals,Brewers,Cubs,Reds,Pirates
NL West:Padres,Dodgers,Giants,DBacks,Rockies

American League:
AL East:Yankees,Red Sox,Orioles,Blue Jays,Rays
AL Central: Guardians,White Sox,Twins,Royals,Tigers
AL West:Astros,Mariners,Rangers,Angels,Athletics

FrostKing
02-17-2023, 08:00 AM
Welcome welcome. Always nice to have another slugger on board.

Stealing my thunder champ. Was planning to make a season thread. We'll ride this one til Opening Day.

Braves fan? You CHOP or what.

Goob
02-17-2023, 06:36 PM
Welcome welcome. Always nice to have another slugger on board.

Stealing my thunder champ. Was planning to make a season thread. We'll ride this one til Opening Day.

Braves fan? You CHOP or what.

Appreciate the welcome;yeah huge Braves fan.Miss some here and there with it being a 162 game season haha, but try to catch as many as possible. Been a Braves fan my whole life and best moment I ever had was meeting Chipper Jones and David Justice when I was a kid.

Should be a very competitive season; lots of teams really made some moves to improve themselves.

FrostKing
02-17-2023, 07:12 PM
Appreciate the welcome;yeah huge Braves fan.Miss some here and there with it being a 162 game season haha, but try to catch as many as possible. Been a Braves fan my whole life and best moment I ever had was meeting Chipper Jones and David Justice when I was a kid.

Should be a very competitive season; lots of teams really made some moves to improve themselves.
:lol

Where did you come from. Ya Braves are #2 best odds in Vegas. Fans no one likes us yet again.

Goob
02-18-2023, 02:34 PM
:lol

Where did you come from. Ya Braves are #2 best odds in Vegas. Fans no one likes us yet again.
Haha.Been to a ton of Braves games over the years and I do think our team goes with those odds; very good shot of winning it if everything comes together.

Goob
02-26-2023, 03:28 PM
Spring training has been interesting so far, especially how many players are struggling with the new rules lol.Hopefully, they get more acquainted with them before the regular season starts.

FrostKing
02-28-2023, 03:11 AM
https://i.ibb.co/1rWkD39/Screenshot-20230228-001028-Chrome.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/c3nJq4T/Screenshot-20230228-000842-Chrome.jpg

FrostKing
02-28-2023, 03:18 AM
Haha.Been to a ton of Braves games over the years and I do think our team goes with those odds; very good shot of winning it if everything comes together.
I'm common story out of region fan grew up on the mid 90s TBS Braves. Has to be Top5 most consistent American sports franchises at this point.

Not sure you saw a recent proposal would put expansion teams in Nashville and less likely Charlotte. Big intrusion on Braves Country

Past 2 regular seasons were 2 of my maybe Top6 favorite of the past 30 years. Expecting more fun. I'm in San Diego now and all my close circle grew up playing Little League we are baseball first. I think we will get a rematch of 1998 NLCS sooner than later...

FrostKing
02-28-2023, 04:53 AM
I don't follow AL enough or watch in general today to predict every division.

My Rankings
1. Astros
2. Braves
3. Padres
4. Mets
5. Dodgers
6. Yankees
7. Phillies
8. Cardinals
9. Blue Jays
10. Mariners
11. Rays
12. Indians
13. Brewers

FrostKing
02-28-2023, 07:24 AM
14. Red Sox

Goob
02-28-2023, 06:15 PM
I'm common story out of region fan grew up on the mid 90s TBS Braves. Has to be Top5 most consistent American sports franchises at this point.

Not sure you saw a recent proposal would put expansion teams in Nashville and less likely Charlotte. Big intrusion on Braves Country

Past 2 regular seasons were 2 of my maybe Top6 favorite of the past 30 years. Expecting more fun. I'm in San Diego now and all my close circle grew up playing Little League we are baseball first. I think we will get a rematch of 1998 NLCS sooner than later...
Yep I love how the Braves have went about things the past several years, World Series win obviously a big part of that. And yeah I saw something about that and don't think it will happen. As you said the Braves would lose their mind's and maybe even the Reds as Cincy is not that far from Nashville.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't see expansion in the MLB but I do see some relocation. A's to Vegas is my biggest prediction on that though the Rays still draw shit crowds even with their play the last couple of seasons so never know on them either.

FrostKing
03-10-2023, 06:48 PM
https://i.ibb.co/1LgzVZ8/IMG-20230310-154533.jpg

FrostKing
03-11-2023, 10:25 AM
Yep I love how the Braves have went about things the past several years, World Series win obviously a big part of that. And yeah I saw something about that and don't think it will happen. As you said the Braves would lose their mind's and maybe even the Reds as Cincy is not that far from Nashville.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't see expansion in the MLB but I do see some relocation. A's to Vegas is my biggest prediction on that though the Rays still draw shit crowds even with their play the last couple of seasons so never know on them either.
This new Era is basically flip of my childhood. Get the ring early.

AA had reputation in Toronto as trading too many youngsters away. He's doing it again. But we've managed to lock up most our starting defense for the next half decade atleast

Acuna - gone after contract
Fried - this one would break my heart. He's San Diego product fell in our lap. WS clincher. I vowed whoever closes the series I will buy jersey and I did

Fried is big decision. If he walks we get him 1 last season but he likely ends up back on the West Coast and maybe Dodgers. That would tip the scales.
If we trade him a year early then we dictate and get return

I hope this is the guy AA splurges on. Where will we find another great LH and at this price.

The rest of the team looks setup. Our farm system is decimated. Braves & Padres only non major markets dominating at the ticket office. I believe we will spend eventually.

FrostKing
03-11-2023, 10:47 AM
With the first Spring Training game being next Friday, excited that the season is upon us. Just curious based on offseason moves and such, what is everyone's prediction for the divisions in both leagues and who do you have winning them and finishing in the other spots? Braves fan myself just as an FYI lol. I will start:

National League:

NL East: Braves,Mets,Phillies,Marlins,Nationals
NL Central:Cardinals,Brewers,Cubs,Reds,Pirates
NL West:Padres,Dodgers,Giants,DBacks,Rockies

American League:
AL East:Yankees,Red Sox,Orioles,Blue Jays,Rays
AL Central: Guardians,White Sox,Twins,Royals,Tigers
AL West:Astros,Mariners,Rangers,Angels,Athletics
Pretty much agree

- Pirates over Reds
- Orioles won't duplicate last season. They barely added anyone.
1. Yanks
2. Blue Jays

- Central
1. Indians
2. Twins

^ 4 Playoff teams

Robz4000
03-25-2023, 11:22 PM
Calling it now: the Padres aren't making the playoffs. Team is going to be decimated by injuries this year.

FrostKing
03-26-2023, 12:06 AM
Calling it now: the Padres aren't making the playoffs. Team is going to be decimated by injuries this year.
:wow

What makes you say that?

Robz4000
03-26-2023, 12:46 AM
:wow

What makes you say that?

Just a gut feeling after considering how much of the team played in the WBC. Doesn't help that right out of the gate half their pitching staff will be on IR.

FrostKing
03-26-2023, 12:36 PM
Just a gut feeling after considering how much of the team played in the WBC. Doesn't help that right out of the gate half their pitching staff will be on IR.
Braves just lost Wright for a couple weeks. Only Phillies and maybe Dodgers have been hit with season altering injuries.

GAustex
03-26-2023, 12:38 PM
Altuve

Robz4000
03-26-2023, 12:55 PM
Braves just lost Wright for a couple weeks. Only Phillies and maybe Dodgers have been hit with season altering injuries.

Mets and Astros as well

djohn2oo8
03-26-2023, 03:37 PM
Mets and Astros as well
As crazy as it is, Astros lineup is still stacked to the point it’s not season altering. And will be back in 2 months.

FrostKing
03-27-2023, 05:32 AM
As crazy as it is, Astros lineup is still stacked to the point it’s not season altering. And will be back in 2 months.
Agreed. Altuve will be back before ASG.

Phillies lost a starter & their #1 young pitcher. I'm Mets over Phillies believer. NYM are well structured roster for 162.

FrostKing
03-30-2023, 04:04 AM
Astros don't have a Starter over 30 yrs old?

Houston is super young huh