PDA

View Full Version : Making Money

rascal
02-14-2023, 06:10 PM
How do people make so much money?

I have an electrical engineering degree from UTSA and never made any money.

Engineering is over rated. My max year was 50k and every other year under 40k

To the young guys in here, you have to get into a good paying profession and make money.
Stay away from engineering.

If you don't make money you won't get any women.

spurraider21
02-14-2023, 06:29 PM
i mean you said you couldnt get women even in your early days before money-making was a concern. so i think you being an insufferable person has more to do with it than "game" or money

rascal
02-14-2023, 06:46 PM
i mean you said you couldnt get women even in your early days before money-making was a concern. so i think you being an insufferable person has more to do with it than "game" or money

Nope insufferable is the wrong word. insufferable = intolerable and I don't get to the stage to be intolerable because you'd have to be in a relationship long enough to get there.

I had one great looking woman who gave me a chance in Texas but moved to CT and lost her. Thought I could get another but never did.

spurraider21
02-14-2023, 07:09 PM
Nope insufferable is the wrong word. insufferable = intolerable and I don't get to the stage to be intolerable because you'd have to be in a relationship long enough to get there.

I had one great looking woman who gave me a chance in Texas but moved to CT and lost her. Thought I could get another but never did.
ok then not insufferable. miserable.

rascal
02-14-2023, 07:22 PM
ok then not insufferable. miserable.

Still no, women don't even give me a chance to find things like miserable.

spurraider21
02-14-2023, 07:25 PM
Still no, women don't even give me a chance to find things like miserable.
you are being miserable in this thread

baseline bum
02-14-2023, 11:12 PM
you are being miserable in this thread

He was miserable when the Spurs were winning titles and bitching about how much more fun the Spurs teams of the 70s that never won shit were.

rascal
02-14-2023, 11:34 PM
He was miserable when the Spurs were winning titles and bitching about how much more fun the Spurs teams of the 70s that never won shit were.

The 1970s teams were the most exciting teams in San Antonio.

spurraider21
02-14-2023, 11:52 PM
He was livid when we rang in 14

BD24
02-15-2023, 01:29 AM
You must be a shit engineer tbh. Either that or you are lying about being an engineer/the amounts you have made.

it’s almost like a reverse andy, instead of exaggerating the amount of money he is making he undersells it for whatever reason

benefactor
02-15-2023, 02:12 AM
Man I thought rascal was dead for years then he just pops up here randomly on a full self hate tour:lol

leemajors
02-15-2023, 10:47 AM
How do people make so much money?

I have an electrical engineering degree from UTSA and never made any money.

Engineering is over rated. My max year was 50k and every other year under 40k

To the young guys in here, you have to get into a good paying profession and make money.
Stay away from engineering.

If you don't make money you won't get any women.

Buddy of mine has an EE degree from UT and was making 80k right out of school in 99. Sounds like you were in the wrong place, or it's a you problem.

Mark Celibate
02-15-2023, 11:58 AM
:lol 50k max in Engineering? Is this a troll post?

Engineering is probably the best 'bang for your buck' 4 year degree you can get. However, just being a nerdy engineer will only get you so far...need to get into sales to get into that $200k range IMO.

IT skills these days are the best value out of anything though. I switched into IT --> AWS Cloud about 5 years ago, and am around ~ 190k currently tbh. A lot of that though is having good presentation/customer facing skills helping me advance. The autistic types who just want to put on headphones and code all day are still stuck in operations. But having a 4 year degree still helps you avoid sh!tty helpdesk/MSP type roles that are he11 early on in your career. You can still advance just fine, but I was fortunate to go straight into an Engineering role my first job because I had a 4 year STEM degree.

rascal
02-15-2023, 12:04 PM
I have everything except money and women

rascal
02-15-2023, 12:07 PM
You must be a shit engineer tbh. Either that or you are lying about being an engineer/the amounts you have made.

it’s almost like a reverse andy, instead of exaggerating the amount of money he is making he undersells it for whatever reason

50k was only one year. I was always slotted in repair as that was my background and never learned engineering on the job coming out of UTSA so always under paid.

Leetonidas
02-15-2023, 12:15 PM
I was making more than you at entry level jobs out of college :lol

Seems the common theme between your lack of money and women is you. Because 40k a year for an electrical engineer is sad AF :lol I was making more than that managing restaurants while i was in college

Spurs Homer
02-15-2023, 12:39 PM
lololol

another troll thread

nice!

SpursforSix
02-15-2023, 01:09 PM
If you have some kind of certification and/or degree, if you're making less money than the average, it''s probably you.

Chucho
02-15-2023, 01:25 PM
EVERYONE here makes lots of money. We have guys who brag about tipping counter help for to-go food!

What the fuck happened to you?

Chucho
02-15-2023, 01:25 PM
I was making more than you at entry level jobs out of college :lol

Seems the common theme between your lack of money and women is you. Because 40k a year for an electrical engineer is sad AF :lol I was making more than that managing restaurants while i was in college

LOL, you think he's real.

rascal
02-15-2023, 01:43 PM
I got turned down for electronic technician jobs.

Didn't get a job until my 11'th interview three years ago and that was with many years of experience and the electrical Enginnering degree from UTSA. Also got an Associates in Electronics from San Antonio College in the 1980s.
The Engineering degree was worthless.

SpursforSix
02-15-2023, 02:06 PM
I got turned down for electronic technician jobs.

Didn't get a job until my 11'th interview three years ago and that was with many years of experience and the electrical Enginnering degree from UTSA. Also got an Associates in Electronics from San Antonio College in the 1980s.
The Engineering degree was worthless.

Assuming this isn't a troll thread, maybe you just suck at what you do.

Blake
02-15-2023, 02:37 PM
EVERYONE here makes lots of money. We have guys who brag about tipping counter help for to-go food!

What the fuck happened to you?

Lol still salty for being cheap

Leetonidas
02-15-2023, 02:37 PM
LOL, you think he's real.

Uh ok...rascal is definitely a real person