PDA

View Full Version : Toronto fleeced us 3 times... So done with PATFO!!!

kht
02-25-2023, 01:49 PM
First they dangled Demar Derozan in front of us in the Kawhi Leonard trade thinking they were doing us a favor when instead they weren't getting any better and had hit their peak. We did them a solid by taking on Derozan's contract and letting them have a clean reset and clear their books (regardless if they were getting Kawhi).

Then, they demanded we included Danny Green in the trade aka giving them an entire STARTING BACKCOURT? Kawhi was the feature of the trade, so WTF? Then, we don't even get one of OG and Pascal Siakam?

Honestly, KJ has not gotten any better since 2021 and might be the next guy that gets shipped off when his value is at its peak and other GM's just see a 20 ppg scorer to bolster their roster. I hope someone overpays for KJ.

Finally, 4 years later they get back one of the more promising pieces of that trade Jak Poetl for PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR and are 3-0 since his acquisition including a career game from Jak Poetl that we never saw in his 4 years in SA.

I am so done with incompetency of Pop and the front office.

playblair
02-25-2023, 01:51 PM
the moves were all made to target wemby.......spurs front office moves have been geared tworad him since he was 12.......u cant judge the front office until after the draft........spurs knew haliburton & sengun would be better picks but passed to build for wemby..........

slick'81
02-25-2023, 01:52 PM
Trading poodles back to tor was a great move by ujiri

John B
02-25-2023, 01:54 PM
First they dangled Demar Derozan in front of us in the Kawhi Leonard trade thinking they were doing us a favor when instead they weren't getting any better and had hit their peak. We did them a solid by taking on Derozan's contract and letting them have a clean reset and clear their books (regardless if they were getting Kawhi).

Then, they demanded we included Danny Green in the trade aka giving them an entire STARTING BACKCOURT? Kawhi was the feature of the trade, so WTF? Then, we don't even get one of OG and Pascal Siakam?

Honestly, KJ has not gotten any better since 2021 and might be the next guy that gets shipped off when his value is at its peak and other GM's just see a 20 ppg scorer to bolster their roster. I hope someone overpays for KJ.

Finally, 4 years later they get back one of the more promising pieces of that trade Jak Poetl for PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR and are 3-0 since his acquisition including a career game from Jak Poetl that we never saw in his 4 years in SA.

Don’t let the door hit you on your way out :lol

Chomag
02-25-2023, 01:56 PM
It all depends on how the draft goes, so I'm holding judgment.

cd98
02-25-2023, 02:44 PM
Well Poertl was on a different timeline than the rest of the team. He's in win-in and everyone else is win in 2-3 years. The Spurs got a first round pick with low protections for him. It's hard to say they got fleeced unless we know they had better offers on the table or would've had better offers. It's just unlikely they did because most of the contenders had already traded their first round picks and those would be low anyway. Hate to see Poertl go, but he's a free agent this summer and if we didn't get a first rounder, we may lose him for nothing. At least we got something. And if we think he is that great, we can always re-sign him this summer and keep Toronto's first round pick.

Mr. Body
02-25-2023, 02:57 PM
Jakob Poeltl isn't orth to draft picks!

We didn't get enough for Jakob Poeltl!

Make up your damn mind, SpursTalk.

KingKev
02-25-2023, 03:16 PM
Hahha you forgot the Bonner trade.

R. DeMurre
02-25-2023, 03:42 PM
The way to honestly assess the moves of the front office is to decide if you like them before the draft, not after... Grade the strategy. If a team has great ball movement and player motion and that results in a wide open three for the team's best shooter, that's a good shot, whether it drops or not.

KingKev
02-25-2023, 03:45 PM
TD 21 get in here.

You have insider information. Why/how is your daddy so slick?

Leetonidas
02-25-2023, 04:31 PM
The fact that calf tats is the only person who liked the OP should tell you how stupid it is:lol

Chinook
02-25-2023, 04:48 PM
How is that three separate fleeces? Yes, in my opinion, the Spurs didn't get enough for Leonard (but can we just STFU about that?), but the Thad trade as mutually beneficial and favored the Spurs if anything. Then this deal is fine. Yes, Poeltl is a good player. I'm sorry so many STers didn't appreciate that. That's why he got a rare first. They didn't trade him because they thought he sucked. One of the dumbest things fans do is push trades only for their bad and unwanted players. It creates completely unrealistic expectations for what value the team is going to bring back in deals.

rascal
02-25-2023, 04:57 PM
This is an over reaction to Poeltl playing well in Toronto.

KingKev
02-25-2023, 05:01 PM
Last two trades were mutually beneficial. Leonard trade we got bent over because of stubborn PATFO. /thread

exstatic
02-25-2023, 05:11 PM

Can you please be done with the forum, too? I don’t think I can handle any more posts as moronic as this one.

exstatic
02-25-2023, 05:13 PM
The fact that calf tats is the only person who liked the OP should tell you how stupid it is:lol

It’s probably his burner account.

Seventyniner
02-25-2023, 05:23 PM
How is that three separate fleeces? Yes, in my opinion, the Spurs didn't get enough for Leonard (but can we just STFU about that?), but the Thad trade as mutually beneficial and favored the Spurs if anything. Then this deal is fine. Yes, Poeltl is a good player. I'm sorry so many STers didn't appreciate that. That's why he got a rare first. They didn't trade him because they thought he sucked. One of the dumbest things fans do is push trades only for their bad and unwanted players. It creates completely unrealistic expectations for what value the team is going to bring back in deals.

A common frustration in fantasy football leagues.

rankingtear
02-25-2023, 05:24 PM
Is this the bullet points guy? Logic is all over the place.

KingKev
02-25-2023, 05:31 PM
Is this the bullet points guy? Logic is all over the place.

hahaha THIS is not the bullet points guy.

spurraider21
02-25-2023, 06:21 PM
So we got fleeced because we didn’t get enough in the first place and then got fleeced again because Yak was too good

spurraider21
02-25-2023, 06:22 PM
The ole “Blair bonner neal” for good starter trade proposals

spurraider21
02-25-2023, 06:26 PM
Can Houston amnesty Lin?

SA signs Blair and Neal

3 team trade:

SA trades: Bonner, Blair, Neal, de Colo, Mills, a future 2nd
Houston trades: Asik, a future 2nd
NO trades: Anderson

SA gets: Asik
Houston gets: Anderson, de Colo
NO gets: Bonner, Blair, Neal, Mills, two future 2nds

SA signs PG Jamaal Tinsley, C Zeke Marshall, a rookie G/F

C: Asik, Splitter, Marshall
PF: Duncan, Diaw, Baynes
SF: Leonard, Belinelli, Pender
SG: Green, Manu, rookie G/F
PG: Parker, Tinsley, CoJo

S&T Neal & Blair for an combined annual sal of 7-8 mil + Bonner and De Colo for Okafor's expiring contract plus a 1st Rd. pick and the rights to Emir Preldžić.

Domt know how in the hell this would work, but whatever

For reference

TD 21
02-25-2023, 06:39 PM
Last two trades were mutually beneficial. Leonard trade we got bent over because of stubborn PATFO. /thread

:lmao Craptors fanboy still spinning.

Spurs couldn't get near commensurate value for Scumbag because of his antics (granted, should have obviously still not so much as considered the trade they made), so Craptors fell ass backwards into the biggest gift in NBA history.

Last two trades Spurs fleeced Craptors . . .

Young to move back 13 spots (where a lottery level talent who'd have filled a need for Craptors fell into the Spurs hands), when the Craptors had an abundance of similar players who'd inevitably limit his role, were already one and done bound in the playoffs and he obviously was incapable of raising their ceiling, was incredibly stupid.

No matter where the Poeltl pick lands the Spurs maxed out value for him while the Craptors, who five minutes ago thumbed their nose up at the play-in, further cemented their status as a treadmill team.

rascal
02-25-2023, 06:55 PM
I don't think that Toronto pick is going to be a high pick next year, will be somewhere in the 20's.

Better to trade it if possible for a pick this year anywhere under 20 and get a pg.

CGD
02-26-2023, 09:56 AM
But, but I thought we got a haul for Leonard??

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301488&page=14

LOL

kht
02-28-2023, 10:40 PM
Toronto moves to 5-0 since the Poetl trade. TF is a 25th overall pick gonna do for us? Another James Anderson?

lefty20
02-28-2023, 10:42 PM
Toronto moves to 5-0 since the Poetl trade. TF is a 25th overall pick gonna do for us? Another James Anderson?

Any particluar reason for not counting the loss against the Cavs? or the one against the Jazz?

rascal
02-28-2023, 10:51 PM

Cleveland beat them on Sunday.

Seventyniner
02-28-2023, 10:51 PM

The Spurs can't get the Raptors' 2023 pick. The earliest it can convey is in 2024 if it isn't top 6.

They might end up being as good or better next year, but anything can happen.

exstatic
03-01-2023, 07:54 AM
Any particluar reason for not counting the loss against the Cavs? or the one against the Jazz?

Low information poster, who also thinks the pick is for this year.

rjv
03-01-2023, 12:23 PM
surely ST can hand out worst thread of the year awards from time to time, right?

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-01-2023, 12:33 PM
/lockthread

Reason: Mental incapacities of the OP.