PDA

View Full Version : Kristaps P Anyone?

Atl Spur
02-28-2023, 12:30 AM
Just want to get ahead of the curve; could he work here? I say yes…

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-28-2023, 01:43 AM
I've watched Washington a few times and have been impressed with his game. Perhaps his reputation is still bad because of his Dallas period. If it's something like 4/100 I wouldn't mind him but he's probably getting a better deal to stay there.

Em-City
02-28-2023, 02:17 AM
Not on the timeline.
I'd be looking at FAs and reclamation projects that can be flipped for picks

mo7888
02-28-2023, 06:57 AM
If we didn't get Wembanyama and wanted to pivot to being more competitive then he'd fit. I think he'll get more than $100M over 4 though..

exstatic
02-28-2023, 07:18 AM
No. His management is family, not an uncle, but a brother this time. Hard pass.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-28-2023, 08:44 AM

So is Jokic’s.

Can’t be scarred forever because of one instance.

Atl Spur
02-28-2023, 10:03 AM
If we didn't get Wembanyama and wanted to pivot to being more competitive then he'd fit. I think he'll get more than $100M over 4 though..

How about both?

Atl Spur
02-28-2023, 10:06 AM

Compromise & market value drive all negotiations no matter the participants:) I don’t really know or care who’s in the room…..

Leetonidas
02-28-2023, 10:10 AM
So is Jokic’s.

Yeah but Jokic is 10000x the player KP. They don't even belong in the same sentence tbh

mo7888
02-28-2023, 10:14 AM
How about both?

I don't think so... not enough physicality down low..

Atl Spur
02-28-2023, 10:37 AM
I don't think so... not enough physicality down low..

In the 1990’s that’s a No but todays game Sochan Wemby Proz would be ok. Dang, keldon was our power forward, let that sink in.

mo7888
02-28-2023, 11:10 AM
In the 1990’s that’s a No but todays game Sochan Wemby Proz would be ok. Dang, keldon was our power forward, let that sink in.

KJ is physical...something neither KP nor Wembanyama are at this point. Offensively they'd be fine but on the other end they'd get beat up to bad until Wembanyama fills out. I don't see it working..

exstatic
02-28-2023, 11:13 AM
So is Jokic’s.

His mgmt. is one of the main reasons NY offloaded him to Dallas.

jjspur
02-28-2023, 11:53 AM
KJ is physical...something neither KP nor Wembanyama are at this point. Offensively they'd be fine but on the other end they'd get beat up to bad until Wembanyama fills out. I don't see it working..
Agree KJ is physical but not tall. Porzingis is tall but not necessarily physical and Wemby is tall and can rebound and block, but lets see what he can do against NBA competition first. As to signing KP I'd still say no thanks. At his salary he should be able to do more than just shoot 3's and rebound over much shorter guys. We can do close to what he does for a lot less salary or injury concerns. This team needs a bit of physicality and KP just isn't it. i suppose that's one reason amoung others Dallas traded him away.

spurraider21
02-28-2023, 01:32 PM
KP and Wemby would probably fit together well. KP after his injury history isnt exactly flying around anymore anyway. his perimeter game is largely catch and shoot at this point, which is fine. theres enough length there combined to be formidable defensively even if neither is particularly bulky. KP is still 27, and his game should age well, notwithstanding piling injuries. could use him like a super brook lopez

buttsR4rebounding
02-28-2023, 01:32 PM

I thought it was because of the Spurs' tampering.

rogcl1
02-28-2023, 01:38 PM

And how did that work out?

scott
02-28-2023, 02:01 PM

I thought it was because he was accused of rape/sexual assault. I don't know whatever happened with that case.

Atl Spur
02-28-2023, 04:49 PM
And how did that work out?

Golden state did with Draymond….. Sochan can be draymond with those two :)

Mr. Body
02-28-2023, 05:12 PM
Wrong timeline.

Washington seems very happy with him.

Why even ask the question?

Goob
02-28-2023, 06:25 PM
Did I miss something?

Dverde
02-28-2023, 06:33 PM
I’d take him if he came with some unprotected first round picks.

BacktoBasics
02-28-2023, 06:45 PM

They had no game plan with him. Openly stated that they didn’t run plays for him.

He’s was mishandled and poorly coached in Dallas.

mo7888
02-28-2023, 06:46 PM

He's a FA this summer I believe..

KingKev
02-28-2023, 07:08 PM

lol Spurstalk and their unprotected picks.

You don’t get paid to “take him” as he has a player option and very well could sign for 4yrs/120-150mm

CGD
02-28-2023, 08:53 PM
Not yet. If they do it right though, in about 3 years or so these are the type of “finishing touches” moves like like to see them make to build out the next decent spurs team

offset formation
02-28-2023, 09:30 PM
So is Jokic’s.

Jokic idolized Duncan and has on a few occasions referenced his respect for Duncan playing with one organization his entire career. He'll retire a Nugget like Timmy did as a Spur. You can pretty much book it if you take these guys statements at face value.

I think Porzingas is in a similar vein being European and not having roots to any one part of the US. Unlike neph who grew up near two NBA teams. Only issue with Porzingas is he might have gotten a taste of the big time being drafted by NY and getting the love he got there before his injury.

The Truth #6
02-28-2023, 10:34 PM
No quiero.

DPG21920
02-28-2023, 10:37 PM
KP has been very good this year but I am EXTREMELY weary of KP in a contract year. He has burned too many teams for me to trust him to put in the work and get better and try once he gets paid.

But he has been very good.

Dverde
02-28-2023, 11:56 PM
My mistake… I thought he had another guaranteed year left then no I do not want him as a FA. That makes no sense.

Atl Spur
03-01-2023, 12:11 AM
My mistake… I thought he had another guaranteed year left then no I do not want him as a FA. That makes no sense.

If you are trying to win with a mixture of capable vets & rookies. We have to spend the money regardless ; what’s better than one unicorn? Two!

exstatic
03-01-2023, 07:51 AM
If you are trying to win with a mixture of capable vets & rookies. We have to spend the money regardless ; what’s better than one unicorn? Two!

Not when one of them is making 3/$131M and has only played > 60 games twice in his career. Hard pass.

KingKev
03-01-2023, 08:06 AM
Not when one of them is making 3/$131M and has only played > 60 games twice in his career. Hard pass.

Agreed. This would be a noose around our necks.

mo7888
03-01-2023, 08:38 AM

Then I guess it's a matter of rate... I'm not opposed to signing him, but I'm vehemently opposed at $131M over 3...

KingKev
03-01-2023, 08:58 AM
Then I guess it's a matter of rate... I'm not opposed to signing him, but I'm vehemently opposed at $131M over 3...

He has a player option at 36mm for next year. If he opts out it’ll be for a longer term contract starting at a similar rate I suspect.

Porzingis is an example of a solid 3rd banana. Until we have 1 and 2 we shouldn’t be paying near max dollars for the third piece.

Atl Spur
03-01-2023, 09:36 AM

3/131? Who’s paying that? I could see a 4/120 though.

KingKev
03-01-2023, 10:22 AM
3/131? Who’s paying that? I could see a 4/120 though.

He isn’t opting out for a pay cut. He’s going to get 35ish a year a year easily.

Atl Spur
03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
He isn’t opting out for a pay cut. He’s going to get 35ish a year a year easily.

Ummmmmm… ok. If you say so! Lol ( play with wemby, guaranteed financial security for three yrs minus state tax, well run organization etc…) there’s a few reason he might take a minor pay cut.

R. DeMurre
03-01-2023, 11:51 AM
He's quietly having a really good year, but his injury history combined with the fact that he'll want to be paid like a superstar (as opposed to a good player) makes it risky. I'll say this though-- he's foolish if he stays in Washington, even if they do offer a little more money. If he takes a slight pay cut and joins a good team like Philly, Miami, or Sacramento (what a strange feeling to write that Sacramento is actually good, but it's true!), he could make a difference.

mo7888
03-01-2023, 02:19 PM
KP for $30M/yr is as much as I'd go. I still think I'd pass if we got Wembanyama though...I don't see the fit. However, if we got Scoot, I'd really like that pairing.

KingKev
03-01-2023, 04:08 PM
Ummmmmm… ok. If you say so! Lol ( play with wemby, guaranteed financial security for three yrs minus state tax, well run organization etc…) there’s a few reason he might take a minor pay cut.

…..Insert clown emojii that only you can see

cd98
03-01-2023, 05:29 PM
He's on a different timeline.

Atl Spur
03-01-2023, 09:45 PM
…..Insert clown emojii that only you can see

��������

KingKev
03-01-2023, 10:42 PM
��������

I decoded Miss Cleo’s emojiis guys… eggplants and squirts :gpower

horseshue
03-02-2023, 12:36 AM
I love KP, he is my nigga. And will always be. With that beeing said, i see gordon hayward with hornets if spurs sign him. I hope i'm wrong, and he turns it around and becomes a valuable peace in a contender. Because of his lenght and injury history, his time in NBA is limited, and he has to choose, what he wants to do, chase dollars or achive something.

timtonymanu
03-02-2023, 01:39 AM
OP is a faggot. Him being interested in KP means it will backfire on us.

Atl Spur
03-02-2023, 10:54 AM
OP is a faggot. Him being interested in KP means it will backfire on us.

Am I? Lol. Bro, stay in the shallow end…..the deep end isn’t for everyone. Control your inner broad:)

Atl Spur
03-02-2023, 11:02 AM
This man has 29.000 more post than me and I joined a year before him…… I hope we will hear soon that spurs talk said yes! Your bum ass need a companion ( and no not your “back page girlfriend” ). Have a good one.

timtonymanu
03-02-2023, 11:47 AM
:lol

KingKev
03-02-2023, 01:58 PM
This man has 29.000 more post than me and I joined a year before him…… I hope we will hear soon that spurs talk said yes! Your bum ass need a companion ( and no not your “back page girlfriend” ). Have a good one.

Backpage hasn’t been around for 4-5 yrs bro!!

spurraider21
03-02-2023, 03:01 PM
KP has been very good this year but I am EXTREMELY weary of KP in a contract year. He has burned too many teams for me to trust him to put in the work and get better and try once he gets paid.

But he has been very good.
feel like he's been the same player for a while now. my concern with him isnt that his play is going to suddenly decline, its just his durability. this year he's on pace for his most games played since 16-17 if not his rookie year

i dont think anybody has remaining delusions about him being a franchise carrying superstar anymore but he's damn good at his role. also easy to see his game age well, like brook lopez

Atl Spur
03-02-2023, 03:19 PM
Backpage hasn’t been around for 4-5 yrs bro!!

Please keep up…….that’s part of the joke..

GAustex
03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Nah Miss Cleo be the joke

baknedkly
03-02-2023, 05:39 PM
I’ve thought about KP with the Spurs and can see the Spurs accelerating their timeline to compete by signing KP once we get the number one pick and draft Wembanyama. We need a center now and having a 7’3 KP who can operate anywhere on the floor either in high or low post and can shoot from the free throw line out to the 3. This will give Spurs great length to defend with and help improve offense and defense. That will allow Sochan to move to SF allowing us to keep size and defense on the floor while also having someone that will do all the little things that makeup a winning team.

KingKev
03-02-2023, 06:32 PM
I’ve thought about KP with the Spurs and can see the Spurs accelerating their timeline to compete by signing KP once we get the number one pick and draft Wembanyama. We need a center now and having a 7’3 KP who can operate anywhere on the floor either in high or low post and can shoot from the free throw line out to the 3. This will give Spurs great length to defend with and help improve offense and defense. That will allow Sochan to move to SF allowing us to keep size and defense on the floor while also having someone that will do all the little things that makeup a winning team.

We’d still be a play in team. If we were too cheap to pay Dejounte market value 2 yrs out from his next deal we are certainly not paying KP 40+

Atl Spur
03-02-2023, 10:06 PM
We’d still be a play in team. If we were too cheap to pay Dejounte market value 2 yrs out from his next deal we are certainly not paying KP 40+

Your number keeps getting higher and higher ! Can we make a gentleman’s bet here? I’ll put a few bills on Kristaps doesn’t get 40 mil from anyone. You can choose the amount up to 500 usd

baknedkly
03-02-2023, 10:20 PM
Being a play in team would be a great accomplishment going from number one pick to actually contending with a young team and rookie being your main star in year one. I don’t think the team was too cheap to pay Dejounte market value as much as being a play in team with him as your best player and him probably wanting max money with his next contract. With the contract he signed with us previously it was in the team’s best interest to trade him at max value because of the same reasons as Poeltl. He could only be extended for so much and it made no sense for the player to sign the extension and just go to free agency. It’s why you’ll see Anunoby traded from Toronto because they won’t want to risk losing him.

KP is scheduled to make $36 million next year if he doesn’t opt out. No one is going to pay him that because of injury history and he’ll do like CP3 and opt out in order to secure more money on a longer term contract. I think we could probably get him for around $25 million to a max of $30 million a year over a four year contract. Would be even better to start him at that max number and decrease it year by year just like Keldon’s contract.

KingKev
03-03-2023, 07:57 AM
Your number keeps getting higher and higher ! Can we make a gentleman’s bet here? I’ll put a few bills on Kristaps doesn’t get 40 mil from anyone. You can choose the amount up to 500 usd

His next deal probably starts around where his current one is and will probably escalate annually by a million or so. Hard pass.

Mr. Body
03-03-2023, 08:57 AM
Is this the new obsession after Toby Harris, John Collins, Ben Simmons, and DeAndre Ayton? Gotta say, the track record ain't that great.

Atl Spur
03-03-2023, 09:30 AM
Is this the new obsession after Toby Harris, John Collins, Ben Simmons, and DeAndre Ayton? Gotta say, the track record ain't that great.

I personally would still try one last time and see if Ben could be rehabilitated :) For ball handling, passing and defense……

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-04-2023, 03:30 AM
I personally would still try one last time and see if Ben could be rehabilitated :) For ball handling, passing and defense……

He can't. Whatever's between his ears is more broken than his J.

Atl Spur
03-04-2023, 06:21 PM
He can't. Whatever's between his ears is more broken than his J.

You might be right…..

Atl Spur
03-08-2023, 11:56 PM
I don’t know…..wemby + kristraps

couchman
03-09-2023, 11:18 AM
KP is having a sneaky great season!
Unfortunately he hasn't played complete season since his ACL injury 5 years ago.
He misses a lot of games.
This year might be the first time he plays the whole season since then?

I see him as someone who may be willing to take a paycut late in his career to contribute to a contender and chase a ring.
I don't see him as part of a rebuild.

KingKev
03-09-2023, 11:32 AM
KP is having a sneaky great season!
Unfortunately he hasn't played complete season since his ACL injury 5 years ago.
He misses a lot of games.
This year might be the first time he plays the whole season since then?

I see him as someone who may be willing to take a paycut late in his career to contribute to a contender and chase a ring.
I don't see him as part of a rebuild.

Yeah but he is 27 and as you have mentioned injury prone. This contract is crucial in securing the biggest deal he can procure.

R. DeMurre
03-09-2023, 12:50 PM
I'm not referring to Porzingis specifically, but one of the pitfalls of tanking is the reluctance to aggressively look for potential positive deals during the course of the tank year, for fear it'll mean more wins. You hope in the end that it's eventually more steps forward than back-- more positive outcomes than missed opportunities-- but that's part of the gamble.

Atl Spur
03-09-2023, 02:37 PM
All moves moving forward should be about winning; grabbing vets that fit our needs to pair with the newbies. Scoot, Devin,Sochan, KP,Collins lineup works.

The Truth #6
03-09-2023, 04:27 PM

No way I want that goofball on the Spurs. Not a real star but gets star money. Seems like a great recipe for the play-in every year.

Drom John
03-10-2023, 10:07 AM
FiveThirtyEight Raptor WAR
21) Kristaps Porzingas

2022-2023 salaries
19-21 Luka Doncic, Zach Lavine, Trae Young $37,096,500

Atl Spur
05-21-2023, 12:55 PM
I don’t know…..wemby + kristraps

We are almost there…….

thiste
05-21-2023, 01:07 PM
Let's just go ahead and do Wemby + Kristaps + Zach Edey + Kai Sotto + Boban right?

Atl Spur
05-21-2023, 04:25 PM
How about a Sochan, Wemby , KP frontline; Devin and ( pg )

couchman
05-21-2023, 04:32 PM
Crazy enough Wemby could start out as the SF in that lineup.
If The Unicorn could stay healthy I'd be interested but that is a very big IF.
He is likely to command a big and long term deal

spurraider21
05-21-2023, 04:35 PM
Let's just go ahead and do Wemby + Kristaps + Zach Edey + Kai Sotto + Boban right?
Edey is just a worse boban

exstatic
05-21-2023, 05:18 PM
Porzingod is what happens when you don’t load manage a unicorn. He started out playing a pretty normal 72 games/28 per, but it went downhill quickly with 65/33 followed by 48/32 then a blown ACL/missed season. It took four seasons to get above 65 games and 32 minutes. Once he became a 20 point scorer, he never dipped below that mark. He just couldn’t play many games.

Atl Spur
05-21-2023, 07:52 PM
Porzingod is what happens when you don’t load manage a unicorn. He started out playing a pretty normal 72 games/28 per, but it went downhill quickly with 65/33 followed by 48/32 then a blown ACL/missed season. It took four seasons to get above 65 games and 32 minutes. Once he became a 20 point scorer, he never dipped below that mark. He just couldn’t play many games.

We have plenty of front court depth so a healthy rotation between Sochan, Wemby, KP, bassey, Zollins , Mamu

Atl Spur
10-25-2023, 07:29 PM
KP ballin!

spurraider21
10-25-2023, 07:34 PM
KP and Wemby would probably fit together well. KP after his injury history isnt exactly flying around anymore anyway. his perimeter game is largely catch and shoot at this point, which is fine. theres enough length there combined to be formidable defensively even if neither is particularly bulky. KP is still 27, and his game should age well, notwithstanding piling injuries. could use him like a super brook lopez
<3

Atl Spur
10-25-2023, 07:53 PM
You really start to see some really bad takes in these threads….

FuzzyLumpkins
10-25-2023, 08:01 PM
Have to love people patting themselves on the back over a decent performance.

He is fine as a third or fourth option role player type. If you want him as a top option you do not want to contend.

Atl Spur
10-25-2023, 08:09 PM

He is fine as a third or fourth option role player type. If you want him as a top option you do not want to contend.

Ughhh…… fuzzy go ahead and sit this one out big guy! KP is solid, don’t be that guy.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-25-2023, 08:12 PM
Ughhh…… fuzzy go ahead and sit this one out big guy! KP is solid, don’t be that guy.

The guy not patting himself on the back over spot up 3s made open by teammates and OR putbacks. I am fine where I am at.

I am happy to actually talk basketball. You seem intent on patting yourself on the back over a ~20/8 performance.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-25-2023, 08:13 PM
And :rollin if they end up losing to the Knicks.

MultiTroll
10-25-2023, 08:14 PM

Yep

86-84 Knicks now.

Zinger with 15 1st half / 03 second half.

Not sure even Timmy Duncan or Prime Shaq could drag the heartless Celts prima donna phaggots.
So not really a diss on Porzi.

td4mvp2k
10-25-2023, 08:17 PM
C's still no better with him

Atl Spur
10-25-2023, 11:30 PM
Why did you guys stop beating your gums? Some of you don’t learn……KP stat line 30pts 8 rebs and 4 blocks. Some of you don’t deserve my conversation. Go paint your face

Atl Spur
10-26-2023, 09:24 AM
I’m waiting for fuzzy to enlighten us….. I gave the clown an off ramp!

Killakobe81
10-26-2023, 01:59 PM
porzy will get hurt Celtics better enjoy this while it lasts

Atl Spur
10-26-2023, 03:10 PM
porzy will get hurt Celtics better enjoy this while it lasts

That’s the argument? Please step it up…36k post and that’s it? The lakers would sell their souls for KP.

ambchang
10-26-2023, 05:57 PM
So does this entire thread fall apart the next time he has a bad game? I don’t get what’s going on.

spurraider21
10-26-2023, 06:06 PM
So does this entire thread fall apart the next time he has a bad game? I don’t get what’s going on.
OP likes patting his own back, basically

Atl Spur
10-26-2023, 11:00 PM
OP likes patting his own back, basically

Let’s be clear, this message board is fun…..fun:) I apologize if feathers are ruffled; keep constantly spewing dumb stuff and I’ll keep quiet. Carry on my guy.