PDA

View Full Version : when does keldon ask for a trade?

gambit1990
03-05-2023, 11:48 PM
spurs would be extremely lucky to be a serious contender three years after landing wemb.

this is me saying keldon will ask for a trade. he's not gonna wait.

everyone laughed when i made a thread about dejounte wanting out and i was 100% right.

MultiTroll
03-06-2023, 12:55 AM
this is me saying keldon will ask for a trade. he's not gonna wait..
Eh he's not that good.
Depending on the return, and not holding my breath with PATFO including Brian Wrong, it could be of benefit for a Wama Spurs to have others surrounding the potential Duncan 2.
If some other teams would have overpaid for KJ this past season, might have been worth a listen.

I know he has skills and has certainly had many good games. Far more clunkers. He's got to be on the right lineup for his SF body stuck in a too short PF frame and game.
Obviously he's been trying to up his three ball but farks sake he's turned into Kobme.

All kinds of NBA players that could put up 20 ppg if allowed to chuck at will, regardless of the game situation.

gambit1990
03-06-2023, 01:20 AM
Eh he's not that good.
Depending on the return, and not holding my breath with PATFO including Brian Wrong, it could be of benefit for a Wama Spurs to have others surrounding the potential Duncan 2.
If some other teams would have overpaid for KJ this past season, might have been worth a listen.

I know he has skills and has certainly had many good games. Far more clunkers. He's got to be on the right lineup for his SF body stuck in a too short PF frame and game.
Obviously he's been trying to up his three ball but farks sake he's turned into Kobme.

All kinds of NBA players that could put up 20 ppg if allowed to chuck at will, regardless of the game situation.
a big issue is the spurs trading when a player's value is low / when other teams know the spurs are desperate to trade them. cause the spurs 'do the right thing'.

John B
03-06-2023, 02:38 AM
If Spurs don’t get competitive in the next two years, I think Keldon would be asked if he wanted to get moved in the Summer of 2026-27, the last year of his contract. Keldon understands the Spurs are in rebuilding mode coming in this year. He’s not happy about losing, but he will show maturity and loyalty. Pop tapped him to be in the Olympic gold team, started him at PF early. I feel Keldon will stick around longer to show gratitude. DJ, in contrast, felt he was passed on and had to prove himself, is immature and always demanding approbation, he pads stats and sees himself more. That’s the big difference between the two. So I think the outcome will be different. If Spurs are lucky to pick either Wemby or Scoot, I think the Spurs will still tank next year, but will see improvements the following year. And I think Keldon will stick around to see that.

TDMVPDPOY
03-06-2023, 03:05 AM
guy is a scrub...and1 should sign him since he loves shouting and1 on every drive

couchman
03-06-2023, 10:12 AM
Keldon is not good enough right now to demand anything.
If he gets good enough to demand a trade his contract is friendly enough to ensure he'll be a valuable asset to move.
We still have him under contract for four more years.

Rocalcio
03-06-2023, 10:22 AM
I'm quite disappointed in him this season, the improvements he showed last year kind of vanished. If Branham confirms he can be a big scorer, I'd rather have him in the starting lineup than Keldon. With Vassell, Sochan and a good PG, there isn't any spot as a starter for him. Therefore, if he asks for a trade, let's get a good PG in return and I'll be fine. Still, I voted "never" cause I don't think he will want out.

KingKev
03-06-2023, 10:29 AM
Keldon isn’t worth more than what we got for D White. If we land Wemby, Socahn slides to the 3 and it is adios for KJ. One lightly protected FRP and filler.

Mr. Body
03-06-2023, 10:39 AM
He won't have to ask. He'll be moved in the next year, maybe even this summer.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-06-2023, 11:23 AM
What does Keldon excel at? I almost see him as a sixth or seventh man on a good team. Not consistent at the three, average defense, too small to be a power forward. Great team guy, but the only reason he's leading the Spurs is that there is no one else. Vassell is a better long-term investment. If you can land a decent asset or assets for him this summer I'd say you go for it.

That said, this team will need some sort of roster should we win the Wemby sweepstakes.

slick'81
03-06-2023, 11:28 AM
Theres a reason keldon was drafted where he was. Still, spurs have maximized his talent

spurraider21
03-06-2023, 11:32 AM
he doesnt need to ask. he will get traded before his contract is up. dont think he's a long term piece and i think they'd rather move him to a team that really feels they need a scorer

jjspur
03-06-2023, 11:33 AM
if we land Wemby and then steps on his foot causing him to lose a season or more
If pop retires and If the new coach sucks
If he gets tired of being in a losing environment
If his he's reached his peak and starts serious declining

Just a few things I'm sure he'll consider

couchman
03-06-2023, 12:26 PM
That said, this team will need some sort of roster should we win the Wemby sweepstakes.

This.

What happens with Keldon will depend on what we have on the roster when his contract starts to force a decision. That's likely 2-3 years away.

If we have Wemby or other young star(s) we will want to start building a roster around them.
Keldon could be a solid contributor and positive influence in that situation.

If we don't have young stars on the roster then Keldon could be traded for picks as we continue the churn.
And let's not forget that he's only 23 years old. I expect Keldon to continue to get better as a player

RC_Drunkford
03-06-2023, 03:08 PM
spurs would be extremely lucky to be a serious contender three years after landing wemb.

this is me saying keldon will ask for a trade. he's not gonna wait.

everyone laughed when i made a thread about dejounte wanting out and i was 100% right.

Dejounte never wanted out fool. The Spurs wanted to trade him and consulted him prior to it. Keldon won't want out, but the Spurs will trade him cause he's garbage. Let him chuck, average 20+ and ship him out

wildbill2u
03-06-2023, 03:40 PM
Keldon isn't likely to remain a starter no matter where or who we pick. The obvious permutations of building a stronger roster of starters simply leave him as the odd man out. He might start for a while as the rookie player becomes adjusted to the league, but I doubt he would be willing to go to the bench as a 6th man for the long run.

TD 21
03-06-2023, 05:22 PM
Dejounte never wanted out fool. The Spurs wanted to trade him and consulted him prior to it. Keldon won't want out, but the Spurs will trade him cause he's garbage. Let him chuck, average 20+ and ship him out

Mostly this and :lmao at the implication that it would be some sort of catastrophe for the Spurs even if he does at some point.

John B
03-06-2023, 05:33 PM

He was told the Spurs are rebuilding, so DJ opted to get moved to the Hawks and team-up with Trae. Watch the interview how giddy he looked narrating what took place, and how they’ve been working on it for awhile. So don’t give any indications that DJ didn’t want to be moved. Derrick, on the other hand, felt bad being traded, as he wanted to stay being just married and all.

KingKev
03-06-2023, 05:37 PM
Haha oh man this whole board is turning on Keldon and I’m here for it.

He has out played his draft positioning and his extension contract is fair but if B Wright has any sense he will sell high when he can it won’t seem very high to Spurs fans.

MultiTroll
03-07-2023, 12:43 AM
if B Wright has any sense he will sell high when he can
Appears that ship has sailed.

His most valueable asset at the moment is his Kobme style chucking and slacker transition D, leading to Ls for Wama.

lefty
03-07-2023, 11:43 AM
guy is a scrub...and1 should sign him since he loves shouting and1 on every drive
:lol

XDT76
03-07-2023, 02:25 PM
Unfortunately he lost his most valuable weapon as a NBA player at the moment, teams would seek compensation to take him in a trade right now.

KingKev
03-07-2023, 04:28 PM
Keldon and 4 FRPs after this year for Ja Morant…

Issa parade inside my city yeahhhhh