PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs vs. Nuggets - Mar. 10, 2023

timvp
03-11-2023, 12:40 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-nuggets-grades-66/

Mamu :wow

lefty20
03-11-2023, 12:41 AM
This might be the quickest grades we've had since the 5-2 start.

This W got you pumped up huh?

Mr. Body
03-11-2023, 01:08 AM
Zach Collins died so Mamu could live.

spurs10
03-11-2023, 02:11 AM
:bobo Thanks for the grades! How 'bout that Mamu!

boutons_deux
03-11-2023, 07:29 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandro_Mamukelashvili

Mamu idolized fellow Georgian Zaza Patchouli

John B
03-11-2023, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the grades. Branham over Tre for the starting PG.. then Tre substituted for Vassell and Branham slided to combo guard, but eventually Branham closing the game as PG. PG or not, Malaki has advanced so much on his decision making and ballhandling. He didn’t have his best game last night, but I think he is much poised now.

Sochan continues to impress. He’s asking more touches on post and scoring. I can’t wait for this kid to get even more NBA strong and play bully ball.

Keldon/Vassell, we know what to expect from them and last night they delivered.

The revelation was Mamu. Collins getting ejected gave more minutes to Mamu and he delivered in the tune of 11 pts, 4 rebounds and 2 assists in 12 minutes of play, and even closed the game and had crucial posessions, the pass to Keldon, the 50/50 tap to a team mate chasing a loose ball. The kid has high bball IQ. I have a feeling Pop is excited to see more to resign him.

It’s interesting Pop shortened his line-up last night only playing 10 players. Pop wanted to win last night against the best team in front of good size home crowd. It was fun. But I expect him to get back to tanking after last night.

mo7888
03-11-2023, 10:13 AM
I think the tank is over. Were going to compete the rest of the way. The goal was to be a bottom 3 team and I believe they think we've got a lock on that so, we'll compete the rest of the way like we competed the first few weeks of the season and try to end on a positive note. I think this also portends a competitive team next year. Personally, I'm happy to see it because I like watching when we're competitive in games and building a cohesive unit. On the individual level, it looks to me like we guarantee Zollins, have Tre coming off the bench next season, and use Bassey as a 3rd big next year. Now let's hope we have some luck with the ping pong balls..

wildbill2u
03-11-2023, 10:28 AM
When the opposition wants a couple of points they simply isolate a bigger guy on Jones and whoops, there it is.

Ocotillo
03-11-2023, 10:42 AM
I missed the pre-game, was Wesley out? I did not see him in the game at all.

Vince Carter's ankle
03-11-2023, 10:47 AM
I missed the pre-game, was Wesley out? I did not see him in the game at all.

spurraider21
03-11-2023, 04:07 PM
Oh no. Branham gets the “heady passes” treatment. When there’s nothing good to say but timvp wants to say something positive

heyheymymy
03-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Mamu authored a few heady passes. Love how he hit the baseline cutter with that slick bounce pass kinda reminds me of Tiago's big man passing vision a bit for some reason. Sandro can QB, I love how athletic he is for his size, and he hits the outside shot. Pretty gluey stuff imo.

jjspur
03-11-2023, 06:18 PM
In the few games that he has played for the spurs, Mamu has actually done quite well for a 14th - 15th guy. I can can see him getting additional playing time, maybe moving into the second unit. I think pop likes what he sees from the newest acquisition. Mamu may be a keeper for next season.

exstatic
03-13-2023, 04:48 PM
In the few games that he has played for the spurs, Mamu has actually done quite well for a 14th - 15th guy. I can can see him getting additional playing time, maybe moving into the second unit. I think pop likes what he sees from the newest acquisition. Mamu may be a keeper for next season.

He actually kind of stunk last night.

jjspur
03-14-2023, 10:17 AM
A lot of the team stunk it up. Mamu got 6 pts. and 7 rebounds.
How much do you want from and end of the bench guy. He's a step up from Roby who looked lost a lot of the time. If he gets a minimum deal for next year, we'll have cap space and a few open slots. The spurs have done worse.