PDA

View Full Version : Did Maxi Kleber throw the game in regulation?

MultiTroll
03-15-2023, 10:13 PM
Offense: All that was needed was inbounds. He overthrows a 3/4 court length pass by 20 feet.

Defense: Purposely gets out of the way and gives KJ free path to basket of the Oop.

I'll try to get the media up for both O and D on the final sequences. If you beat me to it, great.

*134-123 OT with a minute to go so thankfully it did not end up in Wama coster.

Spurs Homer
03-15-2023, 10:14 PM
Why are mavs tanking? Resting half their lineup after spurs try to rest half their lineup?

MultiTroll
03-15-2023, 10:18 PM
Why are mavs tanking? Resting half their lineup after spurs try to rest half their lineup?
Initial impression to me was Kleber was acting alone.

I do not think they were brain farts. I think he legitimately tried to give away. Esp the super fake D.

Mr. Body
03-15-2023, 10:18 PM
Probably has a bet on score line, like most of the refs in the NBA.

tonight...you
03-15-2023, 10:20 PM
This is either super stupid, or probably super stupid.

MultiTroll
03-15-2023, 10:32 PM
This is either super stupid, or probably super stupid.
Not at all an absolute lock that Kleber was being stupid.

Below is an absolute possibility:

Probably has a bet on score line, like most of the refs in the NBA.

John B
03-15-2023, 10:43 PM
Mavs get nothing missing the playoffs. Kyrie would likely walk if not competitive, their FRP goes to Knicks. No reason

tonight...you
03-15-2023, 10:46 PM
Not at all an absolute lock that Kleber was being stupid.

Below is an absolute possibility:
Lol. Okay bud. Anything is possible. You go there. Have fun.

heyheymymy
03-15-2023, 10:55 PM
I actually just hit a tankathon sim when Mavs got #2 lol it's low odds but the mavs pick to the Knicks is top 10 protected so maybe Dallas wants to aim for it now because they are out of money for any free agents.

Or Cubes wants to unseat SAs 14% because he is terrified of Wemby in pops hands

MultiTroll
03-15-2023, 10:56 PM
Lol. Okay bud. Anything is possible. You go there. Have fun.
Have some fun in the real world of pro sports sometime.

If you don't think gambling is a major issue....

Mr. Body
03-15-2023, 11:00 PM
Scott Foster is still refereeing, whose phone records show he corresponded with Donaghy hundreds of time by phone call when they both were refs back in the day. No other referee was called that often by Foster. The NBA has pushed this under the carpet, but Foster, for example, recently took over a Raptors game down the stretch, calling a number of absurd calls and tossing Scottie Barnes for no apparent reason. It was so bad FVV went off on him in the post-game, a big deal for a day until his outburst fell down the memory hole.

It's probable that some players are betting on games. In our toxic culture of sports betting - an abhorrent trend, in my mind - it's likely that at least some fringe players are impacting games. I think to expect otherwise is to be very naive.

heyheymymy
03-15-2023, 11:00 PM
Only saw the mavs hit top 10 lottery one time and I rolled the sim repeatedly for a bit looking at different combinations of selection orders.

Tankathon updates team selection odds after every game and Dallas popping up top 10 is a new one I've never seen before.

Also tankathon just updated player rankings today for the first time in a while so player value is a bit more accurate and current now than it's been the last few weeks. Taylor Hendricks pulled up from 23 to the teens, JH-S finally pulled up into the lottery from the late first. Give it a spin it's pretty revelatory now.

exstatic
03-16-2023, 06:34 AM
Mavs get nothing missing the playoffs. Kyrie would likely walk if not competitive, their FRP goes to Knicks. No reason

That pick is top 10 protected.

exstatic
03-16-2023, 06:35 AM
Only saw the mavs hit top 10 lottery one time and I rolled the sim repeatedly for a bit looking at different combinations of selection orders.

Tankathon updates team selection odds after every game and Dallas popping up top 10 is a new one I've never seen before.

Also tankathon just updated player rankings today for the first time in a while so player value is a bit more accurate and current now than it's been the last few weeks. Taylor Hendricks pulled up from 23 to the teens, JH-S finally pulled up into the lottery from the late first. Give it a spin it's pretty revelatory now.

Smith Jr. drops from 5 to 9.

heyheymymy
03-16-2023, 06:39 AM
agreed ex

I noticed that too. Also saw Clowney drop clean out of the first round at 31 now. Was at 25 overall before. I think I saw it say on tankathon the player update was 27 days old until todays update so that's a lot of play to factor in and adjust based on.

heyheymymy
03-16-2023, 06:41 AM
And B.Mill seems to take the #2 more from Scoot now

Mr. Body
03-16-2023, 09:03 AM
No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

offset formation
03-16-2023, 09:49 AM
No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

As Sheldon Cooper says, "The Germans are known to be a comforting people"