PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Spurs (19-55) @ Celtics (51-23) Sunday 3/26/2023 5 PM CST 12 PM RIGA

TXstbobcat
03-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Spurs +16

John B
03-26-2023, 11:40 AM
I sincerely hope for a competitive game since Spurs are almost locked in at worst 3, and with CHA continuing to win. But with so much injuries in the roster, this would be another lop-sided game:

Spurs Injuries: Romeo Langford (day to day), Keldon Johnson (day to day), Jeremy Sochan (knee - OUT), Malaki Branham (day to day), Charles Bassey (OUT), Khem Birch (knee - OUT),

Celtics Injuries: Payton Pritchard (heel - OUT), Malcolm Brogdon (day to day)

slick'81
03-26-2023, 12:17 PM
Need a good L here

Joseph Kony
03-26-2023, 12:49 PM
Boston has a tendency to play down to their opponents and lose focus. hope they dont take this one for granted and curbstomp our guys like they should

spurs10
03-26-2023, 12:51 PM
We got this! We lose by 30 or so.

TXstbobcat
03-26-2023, 01:21 PM
Hornets with the halftime lead over the Mavs 55-48

MultiTroll
03-26-2023, 02:29 PM
What is magic #?

Counting Hornets loss / prior to start of Celtics - Spurs.

LeBowen
03-26-2023, 02:43 PM
What is magic #?

Counting Hornets loss / prior to start of Celtics - Spurs.

I think 2?
It's over, Spurs aren't winning 6 out of last 8.

Focus should be on the Rockets, maybe we can get lucky and finish with second worst record.

MultiTroll
03-26-2023, 02:49 PM
Focus should be on the Rockets, maybe we can get lucky and finish with second worst record.
Fact: When unleashing 'Bobs Marjanovic the Rockets have won 3 of the last 4 games he's played in.

Leetonidas
03-26-2023, 02:50 PM
Charlotte beat Dallas again:lol

slick'81
03-26-2023, 03:28 PM
So a loss tonight puts spurs number@2?

Thomas82
03-26-2023, 03:58 PM

Correct.

JPB
03-26-2023, 04:35 PM
Dallas in full tanking mode too. They're fighting to keep their Top 10 protected pick but should be a tight race. They've lost 2 vs. CHA and got booed by their crowd, maybe they'll still try to pull out a few wins out of lone pride.

Dex
03-26-2023, 05:08 PM
No win today. Secure top 3 and then you can go mess around winning games.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/470/tumblr_lndumwiCey1qdh05go1_400.gif

baseline bum
03-26-2023, 05:16 PM

Yeah, need to finish one win below Charlotte since the tiebreaker for lotto balls is a coin flip. If the Spurs lose today but won out the rest of the season after they'd finish with 26 wins and Charlotte has 25 right now.

LeBowen
03-26-2023, 05:20 PM
Not going to lie, I can't wait for tank to be over, these guys will be great to watch next season.

lefty20
03-26-2023, 05:22 PM
Brown looking to drop a 50 spot on us.

Thomas82
03-26-2023, 05:43 PM
The Spurs seem to want to waste an opportunity to pick up another game on the Hornets today.

LeBowen
03-26-2023, 05:52 PM
The Spurs seem to want to waste an opportunity to pick up another game on the Hornets today.

No need to be concerned about that. Spurs aren't winning 6 out of 8, with Hornets losing out.

Zach has been amazing ever since Jakob got traded.

baseline bum
03-26-2023, 05:56 PM
Not going to lie, I can't wait for tank to be over, these guys will be great to watch next season.

Maybe if they get Wemby. Otherwise find it hard to believe this could be even a 35 win team without the outright tanking.

LeBowen
03-26-2023, 06:04 PM
Maybe if they get Wemby. Otherwise find it hard to believe this could be even a 35 win team without the outright tanking.

Did you watch most games? This season was blatant tanking. Just look at those matchup-based DNPs and flat out horrible lineups in 3rd/4th whenever it was a tight game.
Luckily for us, mainstream media doesn't care about the Spurs and noone is paying attention.

This could've easily been a 30 wins season without mass DNPs for no valid reason.

Everyone is improving and even without a top3 pick Spurs will easily get ~35 wins next season.
With a top3 pick, we might just get .500.

baseline bum
03-26-2023, 06:19 PM
Did you watch most games? This season was blatant tanking. Just look at those matchup-based DNPs and flat out horrible lineups in 3rd/4th whenever it was a tight game.
Luckily for us, mainstream media doesn't care about the Spurs and noone is paying attention.

This could've easily been a 30 wins season without mass DNPs for no valid reason.

Everyone is improving and even without a top3 pick Spurs will easily get ~35 wins next season.
With a top3 pick, we might just get .500.

Don't see that at all. The defense is awful whether guys are playing or not. Plus lineups that don't make sense have been a constant even in contending years, eg Bonner and Blair together and all.

JPB
03-26-2023, 06:21 PM
Just saw the Red McCombs homage vid with DRob, Pop, Gervin and RC... Chills.

DPG21920
03-26-2023, 06:29 PM
Would be sick if Spurs are primed and ready if Luka or Jaylen Brown want out of their situations

exstatic
03-26-2023, 06:41 PM

Yeah, but you’re tanking for a 1/7 chance at what? When there’s a generational talent,you know it a year out. There isn’t one, so why?

rascal
03-26-2023, 06:43 PM
Portland fo is tanking. Have a bunch of guys out today again.

So the Spurs will probably get a win when they play the Spurs.

Rocalcio
03-26-2023, 06:44 PM
Smart ejected

baseline bum
03-26-2023, 06:49 PM
Just saw the Red McCombs homage vid with DRob, Pop, Gervin and RC... Chills.

Should have done one with the January 6th rioters paying homage to McCombs for creating a right wing propaganda news empire.

SPURt
03-26-2023, 06:51 PM
Derrick White out here turning Spurs buttholes into penis hats. Mercy.

baseline bum
03-26-2023, 06:54 PM
Yeah, but you’re tanking for a 1/7 chance at what? When there’s a generational talent,you know it a year out. There isn’t one, so why?

The team doesn't have to tank to have a terrible record. Not saying they'll finish the season with ~22 wins like this team probably will but 35 wins seems a stretch with this roster unless they hit a home run in the draft. They didn't even hit that last year with Murray and Poetl here.

slick'81
03-26-2023, 07:20 PM
Just keep sitting vassell and sochan

spurs1990
03-26-2023, 07:46 PM
Last 3 losses by 34,36, and 44. Somebody tell the team each game is only worth one loss

exstatic
03-26-2023, 08:03 PM
Last 3 losses by 34,36, and 44. Somebody tell the team each game is only worth one loss

There was a 12 pointer sandwiched in there, but that’s kind of what consistently sitting 3 starters will lead to.

Barfunk
03-26-2023, 09:03 PM
Sadly my Horns get the L (absolutely hosed against Miami), but so do the Spurs. Looks like we just about have 3rd place on lock here. Would love to get that second place spot from Houston if possible.

Dex
03-26-2023, 09:03 PM
So today puts the magic number at 2?

exstatic
03-26-2023, 09:11 PM

Yup. Was 4, we lose and CHA wins. I think they know they have no shot at 3 and have already cliched 4.

spurs1990
03-26-2023, 09:23 PM
Sadly my Horns get the L (absolutely hosed against Miami), but so do the Spurs. Looks like we just about have 3rd place on lock here. Would love to get that second place spot from Houston if possible.

Was rooting for UT. I’m a UH fan so Miami winning it all is a saving grace. Hard to believe the four teams are from the farthest reaches of the empire - SoFla, Sad Diego and New England.

spurs1990
03-26-2023, 09:32 PM
There was a 12 pointer sandwiched in there, but that’s kind of what consistently sitting 3 starters will lead to.

Sochan and Johnson really that big of a factor I guess. Although the box said Tatum didn’t play. I’ve never seen us get beat by 44 points. That’s gotta be a franchise record

slick'81
03-26-2023, 09:50 PM
No sochan/kj= no chance

Thomas82
03-26-2023, 11:17 PM
Sochan and Johnson really that big of a factor I guess. Although the box said Tatum didn’t play. I’ve never seen us get beat by 44 points. That’s gotta be a franchise record

It's the worst loss of the Pop era and tied for 3rd worst in Spurs history.

MultiTroll
03-27-2023, 12:03 AM
It's the worst loss of the Pop era and tied for 3rd worst in Spurs history.
Pop can beat the All Time Spurs Losing season record, the year of his most important and impactful season that being 1996-7.
20-62.

Would need to run the table.

Would a tie be decided by a coin flip? :lol

Barfunk
03-27-2023, 01:09 AM
Was rooting for UT. I’m a UH fan so Miami winning it all is a saving grace. Hard to believe the four teams are from the farthest reaches of the empire - SoFla, Sad Diego and New England.

Atypical Final Four indeed. Just damn pissed at the blatant lopsided officiating today against the Horns (30-15 ft advantage for Miami) as well as a huge key late foul that should've went against Miami (called over the back I believe) but instead was called on Texas and gave the free throws to Miami to all but win the game. Refs saw an opening and didn't think twice. Don't get me wrong, Texas also was effing up, but a clear path was given for the refs to screw em'. Rigged games absolutely disgust me.

Dex
03-27-2023, 10:08 AM
Yup. Was 4, we lose and CHA wins. I think they know they have no shot at 3 and have already cliched 4.

This has already probably been answered, but if we end up tied with any team at the end of the season, draft position goes to a coin flip right? No crazy playoff tie-breaker scenarios or anything?

TXstbobcat
03-27-2023, 10:10 AM
This has already probably been answered, but if we end up tied with any team at the end of the season, draft position goes to a coin flip right? No crazy playoff tie-breaker scenarios or anything?

you are correct. Would be decided by a coin flip.

exstatic
03-27-2023, 10:11 AM

Always a coin flip. Tanking is hard enough to head off without losing more to get a tie breaker.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-27-2023, 11:49 AM

Pop should just call off the tank for these last few games and let’s see how the boys do. Third place is secure.

offset formation
03-27-2023, 12:06 PM
Spurs +16

Needed to be Spurs +46.

What a fucking joke. Think we're getting closer by the second of locking in the all time worst defensive rating and PPG allowed.

exstatic
03-27-2023, 12:24 PM
Pop should just call off the tank for these last few games and let’s see how the boys do. Third place is secure.

The minute that it's mathematically secure, I agree with you 100%. Release the hounds.

JPB
03-27-2023, 12:39 PM
Should have done one with the January 6th rioters paying homage to McCombs for creating a right wing propaganda news empire.

Gonna be honest, as a non american I was not familiar with all that, but understand your point then... Just seeing DRob, RC, Pop and Gerving covering the guy with praise kinda did it for me... A bit surprised retrospectively (specially Pop) tbh if the guy was that of a villain.. I guess he did a few things well for the spurs, right?

baseline bum
03-27-2023, 12:46 PM
Gonna be honest, as a non american I was not familiar with all that, but understand your point then... Just seeing DRob, RC, Pop and Gerving covering the guy with praise kinda did it for me... A bit surprised retrospectively (specially Pop) tbh if the guy was that of a villain.. I guess he did a few things well for the spurs, right?

He helped bring the team here from Dallas. Then when he bought the team from Angelo Drossos he was a horrible owner who was super cheap, doing shit like letting Rod Strickland walk for nothing to be replaced by scrub ass Vinny Del Negro because Del Negro was cheap, passing on trading for Barkley because he didn't want to pay him, and almost trading David Robinson to the Knicks for Patrick Ewing, presumably so Ewing would walk in free agency and save him even more money. But the real shitbag thing he did was co-found Clear Channel, which is this horrible right wing radio network that broadcasts or has broadcasted trash like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, and so on nationwide and basically ruined news in this country. Clear Channel has radicalized so many good people with their never ending emotional crap and outrages of the day that you'd hear Glen Beck bitch about in the morning then Rush Limbaugh would beat the exact same point to death at lunch only for Hannity to come beat the exact same drum about the exact same rightwing outrage of the day in the afternoon so you get the same right wing propaganda on the same topic the entire work day if you turned on their station. Fuck Red McCombs.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-27-2023, 04:45 PM
God bless Timvp if he does grades for that fiasco.

JPB
03-27-2023, 05:30 PM
He helped bring the team here from Dallas. Then when he bought the team from Angelo Drossos he was a horrible owner who was super cheap, doing shit like letting Rod Strickland walk for nothing to be replaced by scrub ass Vinny Del Negro because Del Negro was cheap, passing on trading for Barkley because he didn't want to pay him, and almost trading David Robinson to the Knicks for Patrick Ewing, presumably so Ewing would walk in free agency and save him even more money. But the real shitbag thing he did was co-found Clear Channel, which is this horrible right wing radio network that broadcasts or has broadcasted trash like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, and so on nationwide and basically ruined news in this country. Clear Channel has radicalized so many good people with their never ending emotional crap and outrages of the day that you'd hear Glen Beck bitch about in the morning then Rush Limbaugh would beat the exact same point to death at lunch only for Hannity to come beat the exact same drum about the exact same rightwing outrage of the day in the afternoon so you get the same right wing propaganda on the same topic the entire work day if you turned on their station. Fuck Red McCombs.

I tought you were describing Fox News, but worth if that's possible. No surprise Hannity finished there. These people are not journalists but hypocrite opportunists. (as the Dominion trial is showing).

I guess he still did a couple of good things for the spurs (or you muricans are weird)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajWIv9T0y6k

baseline bum
03-27-2023, 08:16 PM
I tought you were describing Fox News, but worth if that's possible. No surprise Hannity finished there. These people are not journalists but hypocrite opportunists. (as the Dominion trial is showing).

I guess he still did a couple of good things for the spurs (or you muricans are weird)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajWIv9T0y6k

As much as I have loved the Spurs since I started following them almost 40 years ago, McCombs bringing the team here will never outdo the harm he brought to this country by giving the worst of the lunatic right a megaphone to scream their propaganda. It's really sad seeing happy normal people get brainwashed into angry radicalized right wingers by this drumbeat of emotional rants you'd hear from people like Beck, O'Reily, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc every day just so shitbags like McCombs could have their tax burden lowered. He sold our nation out because of his greed. Clear Channel, or IHeartMedia that they have rebranded themselves to now I think, completely dominates the radio airwaves in the US. They were the original Fox News and are probably quite a bit bigger than Fox News still. McCombs legacy is not the Spurs; it's being a huge hand in pushing this country to the point that a second American civil war does not seem out of the question any more.