PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter thread

spurraider21
04-03-2023, 04:32 PM
ok time to figure out who the true sociopaths are on this board

do you prefer crunchy or creamy, and what are brands of choice?

like a normal person, i believe crunchy peanut butter is GOATed. i like trader joes unsalted crunchy peanut butter.

if i'm getting creamy peanut butter, i think regular JIF is the tastiest

Xevious
04-03-2023, 04:36 PM
I2Cm4Cy3rxs

spurraider21
04-03-2023, 04:39 PM
for my guy RD2191

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504

baseline bum
04-03-2023, 04:58 PM
Good with squid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_mb0N_tw6Y

Blake
04-03-2023, 06:28 PM
for my guy RD2191

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504

Not as good as the banana guy with Kirk Cameron but not bad :lol

Ef-man
04-03-2023, 06:56 PM
Peanut butter only in Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and then only one or two, at most.

Millennial_Messiah
04-03-2023, 07:24 PM
That's like the one thing I find disgusting

SpursforSix
04-04-2023, 09:24 AM
Crunchy for sure but I like both. Almost always go with Jif because that's what they have at the Dollar General near our house. I'll get Almond butter from time to time at a grocery store but it's just a pain in the ass when it settles.

I'll put peanut butter on almost any desert. Ice Cream, cookies, whatever.

Also, will go with a peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwich from time to time.

I've gotten too lazy to do it but for a while, I was using our waffle maker and putting all of that in between two waffles.

Adam Lambert
04-04-2023, 03:21 PM
I2Cm4Cy3rxs

Watched that with my nephews not too long ago and my mind was blown when I realized the soundtrack was a bunch of songs by a really young Celine Dion.

Adam Lambert
04-04-2023, 03:22 PM
And I prefer crunchy on a sandwich. But creamy has its place too.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-04-2023, 03:36 PM
Crunchy for sure but I like both. Almost always go with Jif because that's what they have at the Dollar General near our house. I'll get Almond butter from time to time at a grocery store but it's just a pain in the ass when it settles.

I'll put peanut butter on almost any desert. Ice Cream, cookies, whatever.

Also, will go with a peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwich from time to time.

I've gotten too lazy to do it but for a while, I was using our waffle maker and putting all of that in between two waffles.

the elvis ftw

bread, peanut butter, banana, honey, bacon. grill that shit

crunchy and creamy both have their place imo

SpursforSix
04-04-2023, 03:44 PM
the elvis ftw

bread, peanut butter, banana, honey, bacon. grill that shit

crunchy and creamy both have their place imo

I almost mentioned this but may not have been ready to defend it.
When I was little, my mom used to make me peanut butter / bacon / cheese toast. It was f'ing awesome.
She'd cook the bacon, then put a slice of bread in a skillet with peanut butter on it, bacon on top of the pb, and then a piece of American cheese on top of that.
It's f'ing awesome but it's too much a pain for me to make.

steak n eggs
04-04-2023, 08:17 PM
Crunchy and Laura Scudder's All Natural is my brand of choice. I haven't been able to eat any others since I found it.

I put it on the regular crunchy Nature Valley granola bars with a little honey and sometimes banana or apples. Kind of a guilty pleasure.

pgardn
04-04-2023, 09:39 PM
Crunchy and Laura Scudder's All Natural is my brand of choice. I haven't been able to eat any others since I found it.

I put it on the regular crunchy Nature Valley granola bars with a little honey and sometimes banana or apples. Kind of a guilty pleasure.

Try it with Baker's chocolate. Freeze the Bakers Chocolate and hit it with a hammer. It breaks into pieces for you to decide which delicious morsel to drop into the peanut butter first.
Fish the chocolate piece out with a spoon with your dollop assessed amount of peanut butter. Slam that thing into your mouth and smack on it. If you take a good amount of peanut butter you will feel like you cant breathe, but is OK. Keep your poise and get a drink of milk. and again.

Oh.
65% Cocoa Bakers Chocolate.

OH.
Poor the oil off the top first. And dont mix it, dont you dare!
When you get to the bottom of the jar the peanut "butter" density is like a very thick mortar. This is where you will find nirvana.
Your jaws might seal shut, but no... You chew. YOU CAN chew! Oh the precious ambivalence of almost choking to death with the taste... Its a beautiful transition to that bivalent state.

The best imitation Reeses ever but without much sugar.
Near death experience not included.

benefactor
04-04-2023, 09:43 PM
^yeah on nature valley bars is the shit. It is good spread on Cinnamon graham crackers too

SpursforSix
04-04-2023, 10:27 PM
^yeah on nature valley bars is the shit. It is good spread on Cinnamon graham crackers too

Hell yes on the graham crackers.

SpursforSix
04-04-2023, 10:28 PM
Here’s on I haven’t done in forever but put peanut butter on the Keebler chocolate covered grahams.

Chucho
04-05-2023, 12:42 AM
The Peter Pan brand had a Honey crunchy PB that was frigging delicious.

Jiff is great for Ritz or thick sammiches.

Tyronn Lue
04-05-2023, 08:42 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5b/a5/66/5ba56627e3763484bbebcb8a5ae5e7ed.jpg

Blake
04-05-2023, 09:30 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5b/a5/66/5ba56627e3763484bbebcb8a5ae5e7ed.jpg

Looks expired

MultiTroll
04-06-2023, 12:20 AM
Haven't made these yet but the No Bake healthy recipe's have my attention.

No Bake Oatmeal Cookies (3 Ingredients!) - The Big Man's World ® (thebigmansworld.com) (https://thebigmansworld.com/healthy-3-ingredient-no-bake-oatmeal-cookies/)

The ingredients

Rolled oats– Also called old-fashioned oats, they provide the chewy texture we love in a good oatmeal cookie! You can use quick oats if you like, but it will have a softer texture.
Peanut butter– Smooth and drippy peanut butter works best, as it is the easiest to mix into the dough. Try and avoid peanut butter that has added sugar or ones that have a crunchy texture.
Maple syrup– A refined sugar free sweetener that not only adds sweetness but helps bind the cookies together.

lefty
04-06-2023, 07:58 AM
I prefer all natural PB, but that shit gets hard in the fridge
So when I do buy PB, I buy the ones with additives so I can store it at room temperature

SpursforSix
04-06-2023, 12:34 PM
I prefer all natural PB, but that shot gets hard in the fridge
So when I do uy PB, I buy the ones with additives so I can store it at room temperature

Bend over, I'll fucking show you hard in the fridge.

Xevious
04-06-2023, 03:37 PM
I prefer all natural PB, but that shot gets hard in the fridge
So when I do uy PB, I buy the ones with additives so I can store it at room temperature

:lol I just googled that, because I've bought natural ground peanut butter a bunch of times and never refrigerated it. But apparently the oils can go bad after a while. Maybe I just ate it before that happened. I typically don't buy a large amount if I'm going that route anyway.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-06-2023, 06:00 PM
:lol I just googled that, because I've bought natural ground peanut butter a bunch of times and never refrigerated it. But apparently the oils can go bad after a while. Maybe I just ate it before that happened. I typically don't buy a large amount if I'm going that route anyway.

Same here. I must go through the jar fast enough that it doesn't go bad. But yeah, the all natural crunchy is the best. Stir it up and go.

pgardn
04-06-2023, 08:34 PM
Same here. I must go through the jar fast enough that it doesn't go bad. But yeah, the all natural crunchy is the best. Stir it up and go.

Same here.

But I pour the oil out first and then never stir it.
I like how it changes from goo to mortar as I work away at it.

My prior procedure on how I use it to make a Reeses like snack is a big go to for me.
I exercise a whole lot usually endurance type stuff now (running, biking, swimming, kayaking) and my peanut butter concoction is absolutely huge in keeping me fit if I crave calories.
No sugar added peanut butter is the only kind I can stomach now.

GAustex
04-06-2023, 10:11 PM
Taste can bring back memories

As a kid my mum would pack my Fantastic Four lunch box with PB sammie and Fritos.

There is a unique taste mixture that to this day when I do PB with Fritos brings back those early memories.

Tyronn Lue
04-06-2023, 10:25 PM
Looks expired
:lol my grandmother wouldn't throw it away though, she'd argue it's still good!

Tyronn Lue
04-06-2023, 10:28 PM
Haven't made these yet but the No Bake healthy recipe's have my attention.

No Bake Oatmeal Cookies (3 Ingredients!) - The Big Man's World ® (thebigmansworld.com) (https://thebigmansworld.com/healthy-3-ingredient-no-bake-oatmeal-cookies/)

The ingredients

Rolled oats– Also called old-fashioned oats, they provide the chewy texture we love in a good oatmeal cookie! You can use quick oats if you like, but it will have a softer texture.
Peanut butter– Smooth and drippy peanut butter works best, as it is the easiest to mix into the dough. Try and avoid peanut butter that has added sugar or ones that have a crunchy texture.
Maple syrup– A refined sugar free sweetener that not only adds sweetness but helps bind the cookies together.

You can do this with Karo syrup and Rice Krispies also. Boil the syrup, add creamy peanut butter, stir in the cereal. Spread on wax paper. Makes good peanut butter squares. Probably diabetes too!

SpursforSix
04-07-2023, 12:55 PM
You can do this with Karo syrup and Rice Krispies also. Boil the syrup, add creamy peanut butter, stir in the cereal. Spread on wax paper. Makes good peanut butter squares. Probably diabetes too!

To me, that defeats the purpose of using peanut butter. Boiling shit and spreading on wax paper? I can pour a bowl of Rice Krispies and dip a spoonful of peanut butter and end up close enough.

Tyronn Lue
04-07-2023, 04:19 PM
To me, that defeats the purpose of using peanut butter. Boiling shit and spreading on wax paper? I can pour a bowl of Rice Krispies and dip a spoonful of peanut butter and end up close enough.
You do you, bro.

Millennial_Messiah
04-07-2023, 06:41 PM
Really IMO the only place for peanut butter is in molé which is a sauce I crave every once in awhile

SpursforSix
04-07-2023, 11:09 PM
10881583 (tel:10881583)[/URL]]Really IMO the only place for peanut butter is in molé which is a sauce I crave every once in awhile

Maybe your best post ever at least as point out mole. Hard to find at least where I live.

Millennial_Messiah
04-08-2023, 07:05 PM
Maybe your best post ever at least as point out mole. Hard to find at least where I live.

Yeah that 287 area between Ft Worth and Wichita Falls where you live is pretty white, bare, and redneck. Probably got to go to the metroplex to find legit Mexican food. The one mexican restaurant every hick town out west has just has the basic stuff and it more resembles Chef Boyardee than authentic Tex Mex.

Had the same experience in 2021 drive Route 66 in NM and AZ.... the Route 66 Mexican diners are trash. Go to a big city like Albuquerque or Phoenix and you'll find something good.

SpursforSix
04-09-2023, 05:50 AM
Yeah that 287 area between Ft Worth and Wichita Falls where you live is pretty white, bare, and redneck. Probably got to go to the metroplex to find legit Mexican food. The one mexican restaurant every hick town out west has just has the basic stuff and it more resembles Chef Boyardee than authentic Tex Mex.

Had the same experience in 2021 drive Route 66 in NM and AZ.... the Route 66 Mexican diners are trash. Go to a big city like Albuquerque or Phoenix and you'll find something good.

Decatur has a great TexMex place with maybe a few authentic Mexican dishes but no mole. I can think of one in Saginaw that serves it but the chicken was dry as f when I tried it. The sauce was good though.

Your assessment of the area is pretty correct. But the crazy thing is that in the last year three Indian restaurants have popped up.

leemajors
04-09-2023, 01:26 PM
Decatur has a great TexMex place with maybe a few authentic Mexican dishes but no mole. I can think of one in Saginaw that serves it but the chicken was dry as f when I tried it. The sauce was good though.

Your assessment of the area is pretty correct. But the crazy thing is that in the last year three Indian restaurants have popped up.

Indian food is excellent

Millennial_Messiah
04-09-2023, 01:51 PM

It's not crazy, the DFW tech boom is real and has shifted west in the metroplex even since the last time I lived in DFW. Before covid it was mostly concentrated in Irving, Plano, and Richardson. But now there's a ton of Indians who have moved to the Southlake/Westlake area Charles Schwab, Fidelity, et al. offices and have probably moved quite a bit west of that in order to circumvent the crazy high housing prices in those areas.

Indian food is not my favorite, it's something I'll eat if it's free but that's about it. Got way too sick of it and the smell of it through all the years I worked in person pre-covid.

SpursforSix
04-10-2023, 09:23 AM
Indian food is excellent

I've always like it but have only had it a few times. I'm definitely going to check them all out.

leemajors
04-10-2023, 10:30 AM
I've always like it but have only had it a few times. I'm definitely going to check them all out.

I usually get korma curry with either paneer or lamb, but I love biryani, vindaloo curry, and tikki masala. I've had some really good vegan cabbage/pea dishes too.

SpursforSix
04-10-2023, 01:03 PM
I usually get korma curry with either paneer or lamb, but I love biryani, vindaloo curry, and tikki masala. I've had some really good vegan cabbage/pea dishes too.

I don't even remember what I had. All three times were at the same fairly nice place that was located in a hotel in Fort Worth. We always had a pretty big group so we'd split a big sample appetizer. And I don't think I every took a bit of anything and said, "ugh". But it was definitely different. The only thing that's holding me back from trying these places near me are Yelp comments complaining about how dirty the places are. Not sure what that means. I guess I should probably just go check one out.

Tyronn Lue
04-10-2023, 01:03 PM
Indian food is vomit on a tortilla.

spurraider21
04-10-2023, 01:04 PM
i like thai food more than indian food. more tasty/savory. but when you're in the mood for spicy, indian cant be topped

SpursforSix
04-10-2023, 01:14 PM
i like thai food more than indian food. more tasty/savory. but when you're in the mood for spicy, indian cant be topped

Man...I love Thai food. And I've usually found they can add enough to make it "extra spicy" without losing the flavor of the meal. But I guess that probably dependent on each restaurant. I've been to other restaurants where you say, "extra spicy" and it feels like they just dumped ghost pepper sauce on it.

leemajors
04-10-2023, 02:24 PM

I like both, but I wouldn't say Thai is more savory. But yes, medium is usually best for the first time you've been to an Indian spot. They can vary wildly and medium at one is Very Hot at another

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2023, 03:24 PM

All the Thai food I've had has been spicier or had spicier options than the Indian food. Most Indian people I've met don't even like food with too much capsaicin.

The Thai restaurant that I grew up with, Asia Kitchen on 410 & Marbach near the house I grew up, has "Thai Hot" which is spicier than the Blazin' wings at BWW for comparison

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2023, 03:25 PM
Man...I love Thai food. And I've usually found they can add enough to make it "extra spicy" without losing the flavor of the meal. But I guess that probably dependent on each restaurant. I've been to other restaurants where you say, "extra spicy" and it feels like they just dumped ghost pepper sauce on it.

Give me the ghost pepper chicken all day and a quart of milk on the side & I'm good.

SpursforSix
04-11-2023, 03:28 PM
Give me the ghost pepper chicken all day and a quart of milk on the side & I'm good.

I fucking hate milk. But I love the hottest sauce possible. But not a restaurant. If I'm paying money for a meal, I want to taste it. If I'm at home, putting ghost pepper on chips, then bring it on. As long as the producer put some flavor in the sauce.

Millennial_Messiah
04-11-2023, 04:06 PM
I fucking hate milk. But I love the hottest sauce possible. But not a restaurant. If I'm paying money for a meal, I want to taste it. If I'm at home, putting ghost pepper on chips, then bring it on. As long as the producer put some flavor in the sauce.

Dang, it's still a couple hours from dinnertime and you're making me hungry!!

leemajors
04-11-2023, 07:41 PM
Northern Indian food is less spicy, southern Indian food will burn you

Millennial_Messiah
04-12-2023, 03:01 PM
Northern Indian food is less spicy, southern Indian food will burn you

huh? I've found it to be the opposite, the Gujarati medical professional type people like more spicy capsaicin while the Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam people from Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai etc, basically your IT people, really don't like it spicy at all