PDA

View Full Version : So qhat do you guys think about Bidens Trans in sports policy?

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 04:46 PM
Will be interesting to see what the liberal gang in here thinks.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 04:48 PM

I will first ask why this has become so important to you and your side.

Then I'll ask you for the policy since I haven't cared about this as much as you have.

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 04:54 PM
First, it's not "my side", but I am perfectly entitled to have an opinion about it, just like you do.

Second, you might want to read up on it before just trying to be a dick. It seems to have made both "sides" angry.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 04:58 PM
First, it's not "my side", but I am perfectly entitled to have an opinion about it, just like you do.:lol it's absolutely your side that has made this the moral panic du jour. You aren't above this at all.

Second, you might want to read up on it before just trying to be a dick. It seems to have made both "sides" angry.
I asked you for the policy. If you don't want to discuss it, why start the thread?

I think the NCAA, et.al., have been working things out on their own just fine.

Adam Lambert
04-07-2023, 05:06 PM
This is what I think. Glad to see Biden making common sense concessions to shut down a tangential but disproportionately debated part of the conversation.

This is why I think liberals should cede some ground in the sports part of the debate. Conservatives are disproportionately focusing on trans athletes because it's the one area where the trans person arguably has an advantage, and it prevents them from having to discuss transgenderism in other contexts like teen suicide where they may not get as much head-nodding from the plebs. This makes it easier to persecute all trans people regardless of their participation in sports.

It's not unreasonable IMO to say you can't participate in women's sports if you were born male. Be who you want to be, but maybe choose one of many other hobbies.

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 05:07 PM
:lol it's absolutely your side that has made this the moral panic du jour. You aren't above this at all.

I asked you for the policy. If you don't want to discuss it, why start the thread?

I think the NCAA, et.al., have been working things out on their own just fine.

I agree they were finally working it out. Now Biden wants to interfere. Too bad you are too lazy to look it up.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 05:08 PM
I agree they were finally working it out. Now Biden wants to interfere. Too bad you are too lazy to look it up.

Too bad you're too lazy to say what the subject of your thread is in the thread you started.

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 05:16 PM
This is what I think. Glad to see Biden making common sense concessions to shut down a tangential but disproportionately debated part of the conversation.

I'm glad others aren't too lazy to stay up with current events. I agree with that too.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 05:18 PM
I'm glad others aren't too lazy to stay up with current events. I agree with that too.

I stay up with important current events.

Why do you think this is an important issue, CC?

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 05:19 PM
Personally I don't see a problem with preventing male to female trans from competing in women's sports. Nothing keeps trans guys with dicks from competing with other guys with dicks in sports.

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 05:20 PM
You just can't have a reasonable conversation, can you chump?

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 05:23 PM
The problem with bidens approach is ncaa, schools, etc. Are lazy and Biden isn't making clear what the "exceptions" are. They will be afraid to fight the feds if they disagree with where bureaucrats arbitrarily decide where the line is.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 05:24 PM
You just can't have a reasonable conversation, can you chump?

I'm trying.

Why is this issue important to you?

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 05:32 PM
I'm trying.

Why is this issue important to you?

It's a current event. Isn't this the political forum? Or has it turned into "Chump wants to pick fights to feel important" forum?

Millennial_Messiah
04-07-2023, 05:32 PM
FJB

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 05:35 PM
So what is Chumps opinion on trans men playing women's sports?

spurraider21
04-07-2023, 05:40 PM
would have to read up on it more to have much of an opinion on the policy itself.

as it relates to my personal opinion... sports are admittedly the one area of the whole "trans debate" that imo gets complicated. everything else like bathrooms, gender affirming care, etc, seem like very plain issues where the opposition to it basically amounts to a disgust reflex, much like the "gay debate" from the 2000's.

should be recognized that sports have never had true "fairness" with respect to physiological advantages. i mean, if jj redick was going to play basketball, is there a bigger physiological disparity between him and lebron or him and brittney griner?

when it comes ot trans participation in sports its probably on some sliding scale. the younger the kids are, the less relevant the sexual dimorphism is. pre-puberty theres basically none. though the amount of trans kids under like, 8 or 9 years old is probably infinitesimally small. but a trans woman (sexually male) who has been on puberty blockers from around that age likely isnt developing those same physiological advantages as somebody who begins HRT at age 17. so then (with no pun intended), theres a spectrum of physiological advantages based on when a person started to medically transition, and the duration of that treatment

i havent looked at it in a while, but there are some sports where after ~2-4 years of HRT, the performance differences basically vanished. in others, they dont, because the advantage of having gone through a male puberty cant entirely be undone. i think if they have studies done and there is data that for a given sport, the general performance advantages do not dissipate, then you probably wouldnt want to allow trans women to compete with women. the olympics already have rules in place about how many years of hormone therapy you'd need before participating in a certain sport. their guidelines are based on the very limited research we have on the subject, and probably will need to be adjusted as more research results come to light

imo college sports should largely emulate olypmic guidelines. but the younger you get, the less the pure athletic/competitive aspect of sports matters. why do people want their 10 year old kid to play soccer? its more than just the physical competition. its about camaraderie, teamwork, effort, discipline, etc. and i dno if the camaraderie/friendship aspect works as well without segregating the kids by gender. as long as the trans kid is presenting as a particular gender, thats probably where they should be playing.

high school/college are the grayer areas. i dont think theres a great one size fits all solution. probably will have to vary by sport.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 05:40 PM
It's a current event. Isn't this the political forum? Or has it turned into "Chump wants to pick fights to feel important" forum?

There are myriad current events for which you don't start threads.

This one is more important to you because you started a thread on it.

Why?

Blake
04-07-2023, 05:41 PM

First, it's not "my side", but I am perfectly entitled to have an opinion about it, just like you do.

Rofl.

So if you're not on the liberal gang side when it comes to "both sides" then what side are you on?

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 05:43 PM
So what is Chumps opinion on trans men playing women's sports?

Can't say I care much about women's sports. People like you never did either. I'm wondering why you do now.

Looks like you will never explain.

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 05:59 PM
Rofl.

So if you're not on the liberal gang side when it comes to "both sides" then what side are you on?

I'm flat fucking in the middle. I don't identify with either side. If guy wants to live his life as a female or the other way around I'm ok with that. I couldn't care less. I do think these teen trans guy to girls shouldn't be competing in women's sports. There is nothing to stop them from competing with other guys with dicks.

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 06:03 PM
Can't say I care much about women's sports. People like you never did either. I'm wondering why you do now.

Looks like you will never explain.

I had a daughter in sports and also have two granddaughters in sports. Still trying to pick a fight?
So Chump hates women sports?

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 06:08 PM
Good night Chump. Never realized you hated women that much.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 06:11 PM
I had a daughter in sports and also have two granddaughters in sports. Still trying to pick a fight?
So Chump hates women sports?

Good night Chump. Never realized you hated women that much.

:lol there's the straw man

You always end up lying and running away like a scared little girl.

Why?

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2023, 06:53 PM
Back from dinner for a minute. Anyone else notice Chump won't give an opinion on the subject and just wants to ankle bite like a little bitch?

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 06:54 PM
Back from dinner for a minute. Anyone else notice Chump won't give an opinion on the subject and just wants to ankle bite like a little birch?

I already gave my opinion.

Anyone notice that CC can't stop lying and running away?

How many trans athletes have your daughters and granddaughters faced in athletics?

Blake
04-07-2023, 06:55 PM
I'm flat fucking in the middle. I don't identify with either side.

:lmao

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 06:55 PM
:lmao

CC votes for Republicans or not at all.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 07:00 PM
What's the scope of the "problem" here?

How many trans athletes are competing in public school sports in Texas?

spurraider21
04-07-2023, 07:13 PM
What's the scope of the "problem" here?

How many trans athletes are competing in public school sports in Texas?

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 07:15 PM

I would rather let 100 trans athletes run free than subject one schoolgirl to a genital inspection.

spurraider21
04-07-2023, 07:18 PM
I would rather let 100 trans athletes run free than subject one schoolgirl to a genital inspection.
the trans athlete bills are comparable to the whole voter fraud/voter id stuff in that for the most part, in that they are solutions looking for a problem.

theres a conversation to be had about both, but they take up an inordinate amount of time/energy relative to the scope of the problem

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 07:19 PM
the trans athlete bills are comparable to the whole voter fraud/voter id stuff in that for the most part, in that they are solutions looking for a problem

It's a moral panic looking for rubes.

DarrinS
04-07-2023, 07:40 PM
Trans can have their own special Olympics.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2023, 07:42 PM
Found one!

Tyronn Lue
04-07-2023, 07:44 PM
No one cared about trans folk playing sports. They only cared when they won.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-07-2023, 10:03 PM
No one cared about trans folk playing sports. They only cared when they won.

Well sure. Unless you are a bigot then the issue is about competitive balance and gene expression.

Winehole23
04-08-2023, 12:00 AM
Back from dinner for a minute. Anyone else notice Chump won't give an opinion on the subject and just wants to ankle bite like a little bitch?looked like a normal exchange to me

(shrugs)

Winehole23
04-08-2023, 02:00 AM
African runners identified female at birth but having higher than defined natural limits of testosterone for purposes of Olympic competition, are now banned from certain distance events. Some of these runners have subsequently disclosed genetic anomalies, some of them just have higher than normal testosterone. Since when were such competitive anomalies policed among Men, leaving PEDs wholly to one side, since we are talking about naturally occurring hormones.

When did you ever hear about a man having to reduce his hormonally normal situation chemically, just to compete with other men? Never.

Yet, this is a real thing for a handful of international runners.

Winehole23
04-08-2023, 02:08 AM
Hey, was any actual policy ever posted, or was this just the usual family goatfuck?

Not sure what I'm supposed to agree or disagree with here, the OP never really unpacked his own topic, he scarcely commented on it.

Th'Pusher
04-08-2023, 08:41 AM
Hey, was any actual policy ever posted, or was this just the usual family goatfuck?

Not sure what I'm supposed to agree or disagree with here, the OP never really unpacked his own topic, he scarcely commented on it.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2023-04-06/us-would-bar-full-ban-on-trans-athletes-but-allow-exceptions

koriwhat
04-08-2023, 11:12 AM
Personally I don't see a problem with preventing male to female trans from competing in women's sports. Nothing keeps trans guys with dicks from competing with other guys with dicks in sports.

It's nothing but weak women hating men trying to 1up every woman, take their scholarships, take their records, and all the while mocking and cosplaying as "one of them".

koriwhat
04-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Trans can have their own special Olympics.

It would be called "Mental Olympics" tbh

MultiTroll
04-08-2023, 11:55 AM
African runners identified female at birth but having higher than defined natural limits of testosterone for purposes of Olympic competition, are now banned from certain distance events.
Link?

Winehole23
04-08-2023, 12:32 PM
Link?

“I’m in the adaptation phase, and my body is starting to fit with it. I’m just enjoying myself at the moment, and things will fall into place at the right time,” the South African runner said.

Now, in order to compete at next year’s Olympics, she would have to undergo hormone-suppressing treatment for six months, something she has said she will never do again, having undergone the treatment a decade ago under previous rules.

Mboma, who won her silver in Tokyo two years ago but was out of worlds last year because of an injury, has not publicly stated whether she would be willing to undergo hormone therapy.
Another athlete, Olympic 800-meter silver medalist Francine Niyonsaba of Burundi, also has said she would not undergo treatment. While Semenya struggled at longer distances, Niyonsaba had relative success, winning Diamond League titles at 3,000 and 5,000 meters and running in the 5,000 at the Tokyo Olympics.

Under the new regulations, athletes in the previously “unrestricted” events would have to suppress testosterone levels below 2.5 nanomoles per liter of blood for six months. Ultimately, they would have to stay below those levels for two years.

Previously, athletes with differences in sex development had to lower their testosterone to below 5 nanomoles per liter of blood for at least six months before competing, and the rules only applied to distances between 400 meters and one mile.
https://apnews.com/article/transgender-track-semenya-f3499b00b932948f96838adb3b010f11

MultiTroll
04-08-2023, 12:44 PM
https://apnews.com/article/transgender-track-semenya-f3499b00b932948f96838adb3b010f11
So they have naturally occurring high levels of testo?

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2023, 02:05 PM
Is it possible to detect the difference between naturally occurring testosterone level and artificially increased testosterone levels?

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2023, 02:12 PM

ChumpDumper
04-08-2023, 03:43 PM
Is it possible to detect the difference between naturally occurring testosterone level and artificially increased testosterone levels?

Too bad you are too lazy to look it up.

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2023, 06:06 PM
A reasonable question to Whineholes topic.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2023, 07:16 PM
A reasonable question to Whineholes topic.

It's reasonable when you do it but not when someone else does?

Blake
04-08-2023, 07:46 PM
It's nothing but weak women hating men trying to 1up every woman, take their scholarships, take their records, and all the while mocking and cosplaying as "one of them".

What woman has had a scholarship taken away from a trans athlete

DarrinS
04-08-2023, 09:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mZVQa4Pv_k

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2023, 09:07 PM
Blake and Chump really get excited by the transvestites.

MultiTroll
04-08-2023, 09:28 PM
:lol
CC

Blake
04-08-2023, 09:34 PM

This is your trans curious thread, sport.

MultiTroll
04-08-2023, 09:35 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/BohDCa_SCs_OiMIm-2n2Uy_zakY=/0x139:955x850/920x613/filters:focal(229x175:459x405):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/60062503/Screen_Shot_2018_06_13_at_8.33.42_PM.0.png

FOH trying to say this dude is on a level playing field with bio females.

Blake
04-08-2023, 09:37 PM
Are you pissed because you had money on the skinny chick?

ChumpDumper
04-08-2023, 09:45 PM

:lmao You started the thread; you're visibly excited.

:lol Darrin with the boomer scare YouTube on cue

ChumpDumper
04-08-2023, 09:46 PM
This is your trans curious thread, sport.

He wants to know if other men are as excited as he is.

ElNono
04-09-2023, 12:37 AM
I think anything trans related really triggers conservatards... this thread delivers a pretty solid sample, tbh

DarrinS
04-09-2023, 01:42 AM
I think anything trans related really triggers conservatards... this thread delivers a pretty solid sample, tbh

I used to think you were smart.

FrostKing
04-09-2023, 02:09 AM
No other nation is more athletics focused than the USA

I don't know "Biden's policy". I do know Democrats paved the way for female athletics.

There is truth to the irony of Biden administration seemingly celebrating/glorifying all these trans individuals during times/events involving biological women. There are examples of the American Right being hypritical and on this topic the Left must wear it.

This discussion isn't going away. On the contrary it is becoming more common because in part one Party is encouraging Trans Right/Acceptance.

Do I think this is Election changing issue - No. It's a topic America is globally driving the bus and the World is watching how we deal with it.

ChumpDumper
I used to think you were smart.

We never thought that about you.

ChumpDumper
No other nation is more athletics focuses than America

I don't know "Biden's policy". I do know Democrats paved the way for female athletics.

There is truth to the irony of Biden administration seemingly celebrating/glorifying all these trans individuals during times/events involving biological women. There are examples of the American Right being hypritical and on this topic the Left must wear it.

This discussion isn't going away. On the contrary it is becoming more common because in part one Party is encouraging Trans Right/Acceptance.

Do I think this is Election changing issue - No. It's a topic America is globally driving the bus and the World is watching how we deal with it.

"seemingly"

I'll ask you -- what is the scope of this "problem"?

How many trans athletes are competing in the US right now on all levels?

FrostKing
04-09-2023, 02:20 AM
"seemingly"

I'll ask you -- what is the scope of this "problem"?

Sports is simply the battleground. In part because Americans are sports addicted

Biden Administration didn't have to make Trans such a big part of their social campaign. Clinton said "don't ask, don't tell".

IMO this is another example of too much too fast. I remember debating (supporting) gay rights in grade school. Trans didn't even exist. Is the Planet really evolving this quickly or just one wing of the USA.

ChumpDumper
04-09-2023, 02:33 AM
Sports is simply the battleground. In part because Americans are sports addicted

Biden Administration didn't have to make Trans such a big part of their social campaign. Clinton said "don't ask, don't tell".

IMO this is another example of too much too fast. I remember debating (supporting) gay rights in grade school. Trans didn't even exist. Is the Planet really evolving this quickly or just one wing of the USA.

You didn't answer the quesiton.

FrostKing
04-09-2023, 02:50 AM
You didn't answer the quesiton.

X amount. If your argument is it's too small to focus on then why is the Biden Administration doing just that?

https://youtu.be/2F13bjDnNIw

ChumpDumper
04-09-2023, 02:56 AM
X amount. If your argument is it's too small to focus on then why is the Biden Administration doing just that?
Mainly because your side has completely lost its shit over it after being directed to do so by your thought leaders.

Why is your side so obsessed?

FrostKing
04-09-2023, 03:01 AM
Mainly because your side has completely lost its shit over it after being directed to do so.

Why is your side so obsessed?
I agree there is a portion of the population confused and even scared.

Why? Because I stated before, it didn't exist when I was in school.

I have some friends (International) that IMO are too wrapped up in this stuff. I recommended to them it's over-blown. I have a personal trans friend from College so maybe my experience is different. I do buy that this community has high suicide rates and I've seen this with her. The medication seems to be quite intense.

ChumpDumper
04-09-2023, 03:17 AM
I agree there is a portion of the population confused and even scared.

Why? Because I stated before, it didn't exist when I was in school.It barely exists now. Your side has completely blown it out of proportion.

FrostKing
04-09-2023, 03:26 AM
It barely exists now. Your side has completely blown it out of proportion.
This Administration has showcased it more than any other before. And frankly in the World.

Left Voter should like that. Most Americans won't be voting based on social issues anytime soon.

ChumpDumper
04-09-2023, 03:36 AM
This Administration has showcased it more than any other before. And frankly in the World.

Left Voter should like that. Most Americans won't be voting based on social issues anytime soon.Sorry, you've been making hundreds of laws about this for years because of your moral panic.

This is on you.

Stop being obsessed with them.

FrostKing
04-09-2023, 04:36 AM
Sorry, you've been making hundreds of laws about this for years because of your moral panic.

This is on you.

Stop being obsessed with them.
Stop giving them awards, especially the most Manish examples of the Community :lol

ChumpDumper
04-09-2023, 10:37 AM
Stop giving them awards, especially the most Manish examples of the Community :lol

Your manhood has already been taken away. You can't get it back by punishing them.

Blake
04-09-2023, 11:08 AM
IMO this is another example of too much too fast. I remember debating (supporting) gay rights in grade school. Trans didn't even exist..

False

Blake
04-09-2023, 11:11 AM

:lol keep moving that goal post down to where all you have left is wutaboutsurvivalofthehumanspecies