PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Player Poll: Coach Pop Tops Preferred Coaches List

Joseph Kony
04-18-2023, 03:55 PM
https://i.ibb.co/DWMF4rr/pop.png

https://theathletic.com/4421645/2023/04/18/nba-players-poll/

“Pop” is a repeat winner here, which is impressive considering the state of the Spurs (https://theathletic.com/nba/team/spurs/) these days. It has been nine years since he won his fifth title as a coach and six years since San Antonio got out of the first round of the playoffs, meaning today’s players are appreciating his legacy and reputation independent of the current results during this rebuilding stage.“I’ve watched him for a long time win a lot of championships,” one player said. “I’ve heard a lot of good things about him. From afar, he has a personality. I want to see what it would be like to play for a coach like that.”
Said another: “Who wouldn’t enjoy playing for Pop?”

Everyone always saying how the game has passed Pop by, no one wants to play for Pop, modern guys dont like Pop, etc. Well, a quarter of the players polled would prefer to play for him than any other coach (besides there own)

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-18-2023, 04:01 PM
Good stuff! :tu

exstatic
04-18-2023, 04:07 PM
Good stuff. I was a little surprised to not see coach Bud on the list at all. People, even if only a few, would rather play for Doc Rivers?

koriwhat
04-18-2023, 04:25 PM
More diversity is needed at the head coaching position tbh. Amirite? I mean old senile white men are the scourge of this planet right? Especially old white men drunk with power. Where's all the wokies when you need them most? :lmao

Leetonidas
04-18-2023, 04:27 PM
Good stuff. I was a little surprised to not see coach Bud on the list at all. People, even if only a few, would rather play for Doc Rivers?

I'm surprised Steve Clifford is on that list more than Doc

exstatic
04-18-2023, 04:32 PM
I'm surprised Steve Clifford is on that list more than Doc

Steve Clifford has coached shitty franchises Orlando and Charlotte for 9 years, and has made the playoffs 4 times, a minor miracle.

baseline bum
04-18-2023, 04:38 PM
ROFL at Coc in last place. Can't believe one loss in Houston would have got Pop fired and made him the coach.

scott
04-18-2023, 04:40 PM
Love to see this, but this is one of those stats that are easier said than done. I seem to recall Lebron saying he'd love to play for Pop, but I don't think Lebron has, or would, ever seriously consider signing with the Spurs. The players responding to this poll may interpret the question more as "who would I like to coach my team" as opposed to "which coach would I like to go play for on his team".

Either way, Pop remains the GOAT. Oakleys-wearing cousin fuckers of the world can go cry in their pickup trucks over it.

K...
04-18-2023, 04:44 PM
Not that its determining,. But youd expect team USA head coach to be high on the list

SPURt
04-18-2023, 05:00 PM
It’s crazy, the last title doesn’t feel nearly a decade away in the “before” times

BacktoBasics
04-18-2023, 05:04 PM
More diversity is needed at the head coaching position tbh. Amirite? I mean old senile white men are the scourge of this planet right? Especially old white men drunk with power. Where's all the wokies when you need them most? :lmao

Stfu racist pedo

exstatic
04-18-2023, 05:10 PM

The replies are split 8 black coaches and 8 white coaches, so that just kind of makes you a retard, as well as a calf tatted pooftah.

koriwhat
04-18-2023, 05:13 PM
Stfu racist pedo

How exactly am I racist you fucking loon? How? :lmao

Damn B2B you're such a fucking retard and so are your asinine takes.

koriwhat
04-18-2023, 05:15 PM
The replies are split 8 black coaches and 8 white coaches, so that just kind of makes you a retard, as well as a calf tatted pooftah.

I didn't look at the poll whatsoever filled with retards like you and B2B. Either way welcome home wokies!

exstatic
04-18-2023, 05:18 PM
I didn't look at the poll whatsoever filled with retards like you and B2B. Either way welcome home wokies!

Triggered, and of course you didn't look before you leapt to your latest gruesome forum death.

TD 21
04-18-2023, 05:22 PM
:lmao At anyone taking this seriously. Like much of society, many NBA players are easily susceptible to brainwashing and groupthink (see the personal and professional mythologizing of Bryant post mortem) which is why you see so much of the "correct" answer regurgitated even in anonymous polls.

Always believe actions over words, which have long screamed that most of the inner city types (who comprise the majority of the league) want no part of this organization and vice versa.

koriwhat
04-18-2023, 05:31 PM
Triggered, and of course you didn't look before you leapt to your latest gruesome forum death.

LMAO "triggered"

John B
04-18-2023, 05:54 PM
Give credit where credit is due. Coach Pop is head and shoulders above all these other coaches. Kerr getting beat by another one of Pop tree coach Brown, those dribble hand-offs through Sabonis, Kerr remember making plays through Bogut. Those all are from Pop’s playbook. The influence of Coach Pop in NBA coaching, along with organization management (not to mention R.C), are all testament of Pop’s greatness. Pop is the GOAT!

Leetonidas
04-18-2023, 05:56 PM

I put that goofus on ignore awhile back. He still humps my leg for attention but the forum is much more readable without his screeching. You all should do yourselves a favor tbh

barakz21
04-18-2023, 06:49 PM
Nice as it is, I don’t take much stock in this. Too many times have players expressed wanting to be coached by Pop but then never sign with the Spurs.

Joseph Kony
04-18-2023, 06:52 PM
the point wasnt about playing for the Spurs, it was about playing for Pop which are not necessarily the same thing. no shit no one wants to play in podunk ass Fat Antonio :lol that doesnt mean they wouldnt want to play for Pop. yall missing the point tbh. a lot of posters on here (probably myself included at some point) thought Pop was out of touch, players now would not want to play for him, etc. clearly that is not quite true

K...
04-18-2023, 06:53 PM
Nice as it is, I don’t take much stock in this. Too many times have players expressed wanting to be coached by Pop but then never sign with the Spurs.

Players love $$$$ more mostly and i Can't blame them. And throughout pops duncan years we didnt have space for anyone.

BacktoBasics
04-18-2023, 07:09 PM
LMAO "triggered"

When was the last time you road raged? This morning? You’re absolutely gonna shoot someone if you haven’t already.

Trainwreck2100
04-18-2023, 07:14 PM
ROFL at Coc in last place. Can't believe one loss in Houston would have got Pop fired and made him the coach.

shame that he probably passes pop in all time wins just because he keeps getting chances for some reason

exstatic
04-18-2023, 08:30 PM
shame that he probably passes pop in all time wins just because he keeps getting chances for some reason

Doc is too old. The lead horse is Spoestra. He’s young enough, with a high enough win %.

Mr. Body
04-18-2023, 08:36 PM
But according to SpursTalk he's hated by the young players and is holding us back from glory.

tonight...you
04-18-2023, 08:41 PM
the point wasnt about playing for the Spurs, it was about playing for Pop which are not necessarily the same thing. no shit no one wants to play in podunk ass Fat Antonio :lol that doesnt mean they wouldnt want to play for Pop. yall missing the point tbh. a lot of posters on here (probably myself included at some point) thought Pop was out of touch, players now would not want to play for him, etc. clearly that is not quite true
No one gets it.
But that's how it is. We all project our ideals upon every subject and it supercedes the real point at hand.

Mr. Body
04-18-2023, 08:42 PM
What's wild about Pop is he didn't start head coaching until he was 47.

heyheymymy
04-18-2023, 09:12 PM
He's Greg Popovitch

barakz21
04-18-2023, 09:13 PM
Players love $$$$ more mostly and i Can't blame them. And throughout pops duncan years we didnt have space for anyone.

I don’t blame them, tbh. Hell, I love money too. It’s just that when I see something like player X saying he’d love to play for Pop, I tends to not put any stock into it.

That being said, it IS nice actually seeing other dudes enjoy playing for him and really play hard like in the last Olympics.

TD 21
04-18-2023, 10:49 PM
No one gets it.
But that's how it is. We all project our ideals upon every subject and it supercedes the real point at hand.

I get it. I meant it in the sense that Pop is synonymous with the Spurs and vice versa.

ambchang
04-18-2023, 11:07 PM
Players are saying they’d like pop to go coach on their teams, not for them to sign onto pops team.

ducks
04-19-2023, 12:04 AM
Good stuff! :tu

Why has none came
Fake pools
Like pop says it is just a myth

ducks
04-19-2023, 12:06 AM
What's wild about Pop is he didn't start head coaching until he was 47.

So ?
Takes time to be a good coach and be able to manage people

ducks
04-19-2023, 12:07 AM
But according to SpursTalk he's hated by the young players and is holding us back from glory.

Name one player that stuck around to play for him lately
Can not can you. Hell david almost bolted. Tp I bet even thought of bolting. Leonard sure as hell did

JPB
04-19-2023, 07:10 AM
I put that goofus on ignore awhile back. He still humps my leg for attention but the forum is much more readable without his screeching. You all should do yourselves a favor tbh

That's like removing mud from your screen when you ignore these angry haters. I'm honestly surprised they're not on eveyone's ignore.

Leetonidas
04-19-2023, 09:12 AM
Why has none came
Fake pools
Like pop says it is just a myth

Just like your penis

Leetonidas
04-19-2023, 09:13 AM
Name one player that stuck around to play for him lately
Can not can you. Hell david almost bolted. Tp I bet even thought of bolting. Leonard sure as hell did

Keldon Johnson just signed an extension to stay and play for him. Lol you lost

ChumpDumper
04-19-2023, 02:34 PM
Fake pools
https://i.gifer.com/52rW.gif

koriwhat
04-19-2023, 03:06 PM
When was the last time you road raged? This morning? You’re absolutely gonna shoot someone if you haven’t already.

Damn B2B you're such a little bitch... You're so mentally ill it def won't be me shooting up anything or anyone in your fantasy world you fucking loon.

wildbill2u
04-19-2023, 03:53 PM
Wonder what Pop could have done after the Big Three were gone if he had taken the coaching job in NY or LA???? I know many don't even think about something like that happening, perhaps because we take Pop's loyalty for San Antonio and the Spurs for granted.

exstatic
04-19-2023, 04:30 PM
Wonder what Pop could have done after the Big Three were gone if he had taken the coaching job in NY or LA???? I know many don't even think about something like that happening, perhaps because we take Pop's loyalty for San Antonio and the Spurs for granted.

New York is literally the LAST job he would ever take. Meddling idiot owner.

wildbill2u
04-19-2023, 04:39 PM
New York is literally the LAST job he would ever take. Meddling idiot owner.

You might be right. But my hypothetical was aimed at his potential for additional titles if he happened to coach a team in a city that attracts players who are free to move via free agency or to force a trade. The All star pool in such cities is way above what it is in San Antonio, but he has stayed and weathered the down years here after the departure of the Big 3.

The Truth #6
04-19-2023, 08:03 PM
You might be right. But my hypothetical was aimed at his potential for additional titles if he happened to coach a team in a city that attracts players who are free to move via free agency or to force a trade. The All star pool in such cities is way above what it is in San Antonio, but he has stayed and weathered the down years here after the departure of the Big 3.

Solid points. He’s definitely loyal. It’s a rare trait. He’s an international guy who decided to stay in a very non-cosmopolitan city.

MultiTroll
04-19-2023, 11:45 PM
Did a lot of over the hill vets vote in that sample size?

Sweet payoff for that category.

rastaspur
04-20-2023, 01:55 PM
Moral of this thread - never get calf tats.

poopbox
04-20-2023, 03:16 PM
And yet none of those players ever sign up to play for Pop :lol

I would love to play for Pop...except for when I have the chance to...then I go play for someone else :lol

Shits like when I used to tell women "of course I love you...how could you think I dont"...after not returning their last 12 calls and flaking out on the last 3 dates.:lol

poopbox
04-20-2023, 03:20 PM

Well Pop didn't "weather" the down years because he himself doesn't care about him. Pop cares about control and he has the ultimate control in San Antonio. I can't think of another team who would let him be Coach and President of Basketball Operations like the spurs do.

cd98
04-20-2023, 03:23 PM
We need to sign Anonymous Player. Is he any good?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-21-2023, 10:14 AM
He's so good that no free agent worth anything ever seems to want to come here.

Proxy
04-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Love to see this, but this is one of those stats that are easier said than done. I seem to recall Lebron saying he'd love to play for Pop, but I don't think Lebron has, or would, ever seriously consider signing with the Spurs. The players responding to this poll may interpret the question more as "who would I like to coach my team" as opposed to "which coach would I like to go play for on his team".

Either way, Pop remains the GOAT. Oakleys-wearing cousin fuckers of the world can go cry in their pickup trucks over it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESRoCI1WkAY29N0.png
Done reading Steve bannon post, time to go to spurstalk and post about how I think pop sucks as a coach because of his politics before I end my day on 4 chan

lefty
04-21-2023, 10:32 AM

lefty
04-21-2023, 10:35 AM
He's so good that no free agent worth anything ever seems to want to come here.
That's because San Antonio is a shithole tbh

ducks
04-21-2023, 10:38 AM
That's because San Antonio is a shithole tbh

But should pop not make up for that
Half the games are not even in sa
Hell the players could own a house in sa and about 3 hours from sa

lefty
04-21-2023, 10:42 AM
But should pop not make up for that
Half the games are not even in sa
Hell the players could own a house in sa and about 3 hours from sa
I know it's not that complicated, but heck if it's even easier to play and live in L.A, Miami or NY, why not tbh

scott
04-21-2023, 02:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESRoCI1WkAY29N0.png
Done reading Steve bannon post, time to go to spurstalk and post about how I think pop sucks as a coach because of his politics before I end my day on 4 chan

I wAs A sPuRs FaN bEfOrE pOp StArTeD rUnNiNg HiS mOuTh BuT nOw mE aNd AlL mY fRiEnDs StOpPeD wAtChInG