PDA

View Full Version : Silver Assist To Primo?

pineflatt
04-27-2023, 12:00 AM
Now that Adam Silver has allowed both Ime Udoka and Miles Bridges to return to the NBA, does that also open the door for Josh Primo as well?

Ariel
04-27-2023, 12:42 AM
This argument falsely implies that Silver is the reason Primo is out of the league, when he hasn't been convicted of (or even charged with) anything. Miles Bridges and Udoka returned because they're among the best at what they do, Primo is out of the league because he's not good enough. The league has nothing to do with that.

exstatic
04-27-2023, 05:31 AM
Primo has never been barred by the league, so he doesn’t have to be reinstated. He’s radioactive all by himself. No one made him that way.

K...
04-27-2023, 08:30 AM
my gut is that primo is holding himself out for PR or legal reasons. He could easily have joined a random league to retain visibility, but he probably doesn't want visibility. Maybe next year he'll turn up somewhere, probably not the NBA though.

rjv
04-27-2023, 10:07 AM
if primo was any good maybe someone would take that chance but he's no kobe.

John B
04-27-2023, 10:30 AM
I’m secretly hoping that the Spurs have an agreement with Primo to just stay low, not cause a disruption on the team, fix himself then prove himself back again from Austin to the team when he is ready. Otherwise he would’ve already signed in some league.

exstatic
04-27-2023, 11:11 AM
I’m secretly hoping that the Spurs have an agreement with Primo to just stay low, not cause a disruption on the team, fix himself then prove himself back again from Austin to the team when he is ready. Otherwise he would’ve already signed in some league.

Or, he’s a complete toxic radioactive sex criminal who no one wants to touch with a ten foot pole.

John B
04-27-2023, 11:18 AM
Or, he’s a complete toxic radioactive sex criminal who no one wants to touch with a ten foot pole.

Deep inside we’re still hoping for the best. Hey, the Spurs saw something in him to pick him that high, against all odds. If he can clean his act and get himself back, I don’t know why the Spurs should not give him a 2nd chance. It follows Spurs culture.

exstatic
04-27-2023, 11:29 AM
Deep inside we’re still hoping for the best. Hey, the Spurs saw something in him to pick him that high, against all odds. If he can clean his act and get himself back, I don’t know why the Spurs should not give him a 2nd chance. It follows Spurs culture.

Nope. If they thought there was ANYTHING worth salvaging, they would have just shut him down and sent him home instead of waiving him literally overnight, and eating about $8M in salary.

buttsR4rebounding
04-27-2023, 12:16 PM
Now that Adam Silver has allowed both Ime Udoka and Miles Bridges to return to the NBA, does that also open the zipper for Josh Primo as well?

I fixed it for you.

John B
04-27-2023, 01:02 PM
Nope. If they thought there was ANYTHING worth salvaging, they would have just shut him down and sent him home instead of waiving him literally overnight, and eating about $8M in salary.

I still think waiving him sent a stronger message, “you’re out!” Shutting him would just be covering for him. No, I agree he’s out, but being too quiet without even any news of him working out? seems suspect. That’s why I think he could be back in Austin, and not in any other organization, to redeem himself with the organization he failed. It’s the only way.

spurraider21
04-27-2023, 01:16 PM
Now that Adam Silver has allowed both Ime Udoka and Miles Bridges to return to the NBA, does that also open the door for Josh Primo as well?
udoka is a good coach and bridges is a good player

primo is still very young but so far he sucks ass and wasnt even average at basically any nba skill except maybe touch near the rim (floaters, etc)

John B
04-27-2023, 01:25 PM
udoka is a good coach and bridges is a good player

primo is still very young but so far he sucks ass and wasnt even average at basically any nba skill except maybe touch near the rim (floaters, etc)

Primo was only 19. What did you expect? It wasn’t like he’s a top 5 pick either.

azarel
04-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Primo was only 19. What did you expect? It wasn’t like he’s a top 5 pick either.

exactly he's a low risk high reward kind of player to give a chance - i recall reading that alot of teams were interested in him during the trade deadline to pick him up from the waivers but i guess the Bexar county has yet to close the case on him so other teams probably didn't want to sign him up while the investigation is still ongoing.

rascal
04-28-2023, 07:13 PM

I don't want to see Primo ever back with the team. He isn't any good anyways.

The Spurs will not bring him back. They want to distance themselves far away from what happened.

Harry Callahan
04-29-2023, 09:53 AM
Another downside to having VERY young people enter the league. The NBA will never go back to requiring some college experience.

These players are even less emotionally developed than they used to be 15 or 20 years ago. No to mention basketball skills development.

Extra Stout
05-24-2023, 04:01 PM
Another downside to having VERY young people enter the league. The NBA will never go back to requiring some college experience.

These players are even less emotionally developed than they used to be 15 or 20 years ago. No to mention basketball skills development.
What’s nuts to me is that now being 21 or above when entering the draft is seen as a negative.

exstatic
05-24-2023, 04:43 PM
What’s nuts to me is that now being 21 or above when entering the draft is seen as a negative.

You get guys that age drafted, and they turn out to be NBA players at a pretty good clip, but they rarely have any remaining upside. They'll never be stars, so they don't get picked in the lottery. Guys like Timme and Tschiebwe are 23 competing against 18-19 YOs, and they're just more physically mature and experienced, but not necessarily better prospects. The maturity and experience bend the curve, so to speak, distorting their value. Be especially wary of any older player who suddenly breaks out after 3 or even 4 years of mediocrity. You get the occasional Draymond or Brogdon, but for the most part, these older players are roster filler, or maybe rotation guys at best.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-24-2023, 08:49 PM
I like the French system. Wemby was able to integrate his professional career with his sports Ecole.

He has been working with a manager, nutritionist, and personal trainer since he was 16 and living the life of a professional athlete. Our college students come out at 21 less prepared.

libertarian4321
05-25-2023, 03:48 PM
Could it be all just a misunderstanding? Perhaps Primo's the victim of (several) wardrobe malfunctions. His unit took on a life of it's own, and it busted out before Primo could catch it and put it back in it's place.

He may need to shop at Target and see if he can get some of that clothing designed to tuck and hold free roaming units in place. Once he has it under control, he plays a little in Austin, then joins the Spurs?

Extra Stout
05-25-2023, 03:51 PM
Could it be all just a misunderstanding? Perhaps Primo's the victim of (several) wardrobe malfunctions. His unit took on a life of it's own, and it busted out before Primo could catch it and put it back in it's place.

He may need to shop at Target and see if he can get some of that clothing designed to tuck and hold free roaming units in place. Once he has it under control, he plays a little in Austin, then joins the Spurs?
It would be a hell of a comeback story, from sexual offender to social hero and WNBA superstar.

tmtcsc
05-25-2023, 04:13 PM
Josh Primo was a reach of a pick and thankfully, no longer on the Spurs' roster. Why anyone gives a shit about that strange looking freak is beyond me.

libertarian4321
05-25-2023, 05:06 PM
It would be a hell of a comeback story, from sexual offender to social hero and WNBA superstar.

Josie Primo spends few seasons in Las Vegas under Becky Hammon, and he'll be ready to transition back to Josh Primo and the Spurs.

Bonus: If his unit does manage to escape during a WNBA game, there will be no one there to see it. Except for the other players. And they probably won't be all that interested in it.