PDA

View Full Version : There goes those crazy lefties

Dos
12-02-2005, 04:03 PM
unfortunetly Nbadan missed this story...

A PRO-FRAGGING PROFESSOR RESIGNS
By Michelle Malkin · November 26, 2005 12:41 PM
Warren County Community College adjunct English professor John Daly, who advocated fragging American soldiers in an e-mail bullying conservative student Rebecca Beach over a speaking event she had organized, has resigned.

Here's the official college statement. An excerpt:

The College became aware of the impact of the instructor’s comments when it was inundated with local and national opinions from the public. Responding to that, the Board of Trustees and administration moved as quickly as possible to review and address the issue. A board meeting was scheduled for last night to present the issue to the Board; however, while the administration was preparing for that meeting, the adjunct instructor Mr. John Daly submitted his resignation. The Board of Trustees voted to accept his resignation at last night’s meeting.
President Dr. William Austin made clear that the community college is now reviewing and drafting tolerance policies for all employees and we will include this training in our next staff development day.

President Austin also appeared this morning on Radio WRNJ 1510 AM to assure the community that the College will move forward with a sense of enlightenment and resolve with its education mission and also apologized to all whom might have been offended by the incident. He added that, “We are fortunate to have so many brave men and women fighting for our freedom. This Thanksgiving is an opportune time to thank them for their courage and pray for their safe return.”

The Young America's Foundation, which exposed Daly's moonbattery, has full background and links here.

Bruce at GayPatriot reacts:

I am pleased that Professor John Daly has decided to take his radicalism another place. Let’s just hope he doesn’t join an al-Qaeda terror cell.
Kevin McCullough, who covered the story closely:

Kudos to WCCC for being willing to have the emergency session to discuss the matter. No doubt it was their willingness to approach this seriously that ultimately caused Daly to resign. Kudos to Rebecca Beach as well. As a young woman, just starting out on her college experience, she has already had a taste of just how nasty the left can be, and what degree they are willing to go to to keep people of Beach's point of view silenced.
Unfortunately, the nation's most prominent, fragging-friendly professor, Ward Churchill, still has his job.

Full text of Daly's e-mail to Rebecca Beach below:

November 13, 2005

Dear Rebecca:

I am asking my students to boycott your event. I am also going to ask others to boycott it. Your literature and signs in the entrance lobby look like fascist propaganda and is extremely offensive. Your main poster "Communism killed 100,000,000" is not only untrue, but ignores the fact that CAPITALISM has killed many more and the evidence for that can be seen in the daily news papers. The U.S. government can fly to dominate the people of Iraq in 12 hours, yet it took them five days to assist the people devastated by huricane Katrina. Racism and profits were key to their priorities. Exxon, by the way, made $9 Billion in profits this last quarter -- their highest proft margin ever. Thanks to the students of WCCC and other poor and working class people who are recruited to fight and die for EXXON and other corporations who earning megaprofits from their imperialist plunders. If you want to count the number of deaths based on political systems, you can begin with the more than a million children who have died in Iraq from U.S.-imposed sanctions and war. Or the million African American people who died from lack of access to healthcare in the US over the last 10 years.

I will continue to expose your right-wing, anti-people politics until groups like your won't dare show their face on a college campus. Real freedom will come when soldiers in Iraq turn their guns on their superiors and fight for just causes and for people's needs -- such freedom fighters can be counted throughout American history and they certainly will be counted again.

Prof. John Daly

JoeChalupa
12-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Those damn liberal bastards!! :cuss

Mr. Peabody
12-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Which part of his email wasn't true or is considered to be offensive?

By the way, where is this story from? It sounds a little, how shall I say, biased.

101A
12-02-2005, 04:24 PM
I think he would have been OK if not for that last paragraph. The rest was just the same-old party line drivel; calling for the US army to rebel against the govt., however, crossed a line.

BTW - he didn't give a damn about his job. Adjuncts at community colleges, are Ph.D. slave labor (you talk about a group in desperate need of a union)! They "make" between $1,200 - $1,800 to teach an entire class for a semester - if they "only" have a master's degree it's less.

Oh, Gee!!
12-02-2005, 04:50 PM
what do you expect from John Daly? He's a nut.