PDA

View Full Version : election 2024

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 07:20 AM
America Hits Bottom With Trump and Biden in 2024
There was once a time when candidates for high office were expected at least to seem morally fit.
By Joseph Epstein

Forgive my repetitiousness, but how did it happen that what happened is happening? How has it come about that the more-than-likely presidential candidates of our two political parties in 2024 turn out to be Donald Trump and Joe Biden?

One can of course be a good man and a poor president. (Jimmy Carter, take a bow.) But no one would argue that either Mr. Trump or Mr. Biden is a notably good man. Both have been accused of poor personal behavior. Each has been ethically challenged and found wanting: Mr. Trump by his long experience in the New York real-estate world, Mr. Biden by his 36 years in the Senate. Neither man has been touched by a scintilla of culture. It’s difficult to imagine either ever having read a serious book, sat through a classical music concert, or strolled through an art museum. Charm is far from the long suit of either man. Neither is even especially likable.

With all these disqualifications, Messrs. Trump and Biden have already been our 45th and 46th presidents, and now each wants a second term. In various polls, Americans have expressed concern about the advanced ages of both men; and in Mr. Biden’s case, this concern is joined to what has been politely termed his waning cognitive powers. Age, though, isn’t the real question about either man. Character is.

A longtime friend of mine is the elder brother of the jurist Douglas Ginsburg. In 1987, you will recall, the then-young Judge Ginsburg, after having been nominated by Ronald Reagan for a seat on the Supreme Court, was forced to decline the appointment when it was revealed he used marijuana while a college student and an assistant professor. Now, 36 years later, Donald Trump has been arrested and charged with a crime. The papers are full of stories about Joe Biden maybe receiving funds acquired by his son Hunter, who probably got them from foreign governments in seriously shady ways. Such egregious behavior isn’t allowed to stand in the way of either man seeking the presidenc

If various polls can be believed, many Americans would like to go back—to a time when candidates for high office were required at least to seem morally fit for that office.

Apart from diehard MAGAistas and some deep-dyed progressives, no one wants either Mr. Biden or Mr. Trump to serve a second term as president. Most people would prefer that both men disappear. Many dread an election campaign that figures to bring American politics to a stunning new low.

Mr. Biden’s winning the presidency in 2020, experts agree, was really about Mr. Trump’s losing it, with more than half of Mr. Biden’s votes being not for him but against Mr. Trump. Trump supporters back their man because they admire his telling off the press—“fake news” and all that—and that he seems ready to detest, as they truly detest, the woke culture of the progressives. Biden supporters—I don’t believe he has any real admirers—back their man because he isn’t Donald Trump.

How have we come to the pass where two undistinguished, not to say deeply flawed, men will be competing for the highest office in the land? Does it say that the system by which our political parties nominate presidential candidates needs radical revamping? Have party politics in America now devolved to a point lower than the Founding Fathers—or anyone since—reckoned possible? Has the time come to reread, and possibly rewrite, the Federalist Papers? What does it say about the U.S. that it can do no better in choosing a president than the choice presented between the gross Donald Trump and the unctuous Joe Biden?

A forthcoming presidential election between these two men would only seem to prove the sad wisdom of Joseph de Maistre, who wrote that “every country gets the government it deserves.”

Ef-man
05-04-2023, 07:48 AM
Both sides not morally fit?

Damn, that is some real fucked up cool-aid you are drinking OP if you believe the both sides storyline.

Both sides being geriatric, sure, but Ole Joe being morally unfit?

Winehole23
05-04-2023, 08:20 AM

Damn, that is some real fucked up cool-aid you are drinking OP if you believe the both sides storyline.

Both sides being geriatric, sure, but Ole Joe being morally unfit?36 years in the Senate is apparently a disqualification, and so is "maybe receiving funds" that "probably came from foreign governments."

Love the cocked snoot and blue-blooded pearl clutching here:

Neither man has been touched by a scintilla of culture. It’s difficult to imagine either ever having read a serious book, sat through a classical music concert, or strolled through an art museum.

Ef-man
05-04-2023, 08:30 AM
36 years in the Senate is apparently a disqualification, and so is "maybe receiving funds" that "probably came from foreign governments."

Love the cocked snoot and blue-blooded pearl clutching here:

Biden a known serial philanderer, known serial adulterer, accused serial rapist? Biden created the "stop the steal" lie and tried to overturn an election? Biden cheated contractors on owed debt?

Winehole23
05-04-2023, 08:47 AM
Biden a known serial philanderer, known serial adulterer, accused serial rapist? Biden created the "stop the steal" lie and tried to overturn an election? Biden cheated contractors on owed debt?I would have cited racism, plagiarism and fibbing rather than something hypothetical about the Senator from MBNA.

Ef-man
05-04-2023, 09:05 AM
I would have cited racism, plagiarism and fibbing rather than something hypothetical about the Senator from MBNA.

If we go by similar criteria: "The papers are full of stories about Joe Biden maybe receiving funds acquired by his son Hunter, who probably got them from foreign governments in seriously shady ways." Should Rafael Cruz be removed from office as his dad was involved in the JFK assassination and Rafael may be the Zodiac Killer?

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 10:22 AM
Trump is worse.

It's an easy choice CC is doing backflips to not make.

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 11:04 AM
I would have cited racism, plagiarism and fibbing rather than something hypothetical about the Senator from MBNA.

It will be interesting to see if there is really anything to the allegations of bribery from the justice department whistleblower.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/03/fbi-file-links-joe-biden-to-criminal-scheme-per-whistleblower-comer-subpoenas/

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 11:05 AM
It would've leaked to the press already.

FrostKing
05-04-2023, 11:14 AM
Trump is worse.

"Racist" border walls

Vs

Mentally decapitated

On the moral compass, only one waged War overseas

daboom1
05-04-2023, 11:16 AM
https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1654126821468950529?t

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 11:17 AM
Trump is worse.

I choose not to choose either one. Either way the country can probably survive 4 more years of a shitty President. Maybe 2028 will give us better choices.

leemajors
05-04-2023, 11:20 AM
Why does he post bullshit like that?

Winehole23
05-04-2023, 11:25 AM
It will be interesting to see if there is really anything to the allegations of bribery from the justice department whistleblower.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/03/fbi-file-links-joe-biden-to-criminal-scheme-per-whistleblower-comer-subpoenas/all rumor so far

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 11:30 AM
"Racist" border walls

Vs

Mentally decapitated

On the moral compass, only one waged War overseas

Trump is worse.

Easy choice.

Continue your backflips.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 11:31 AM
I choose not to choose either one. Either way the country can probably survive 4 more years of a shitty President. Maybe 2028 will give us better choices.One wants to end the country as we know it.

Easy choice you're too much a of a pussy to make.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 11:32 AM
all rumor so far

You won't believe what's on Hunter's laptop! I can't even say! Explosive!

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 11:32 AM
all rumor so far

That's basically what I said. I wonder if the FBI will comply with the subpoena? It seemed pretty specific.

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 11:33 AM
One wants to end the country as we know it.

LOL @ chumps "ending democracy" talking points.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 11:35 AM
LOL @ chumps "ending democracy" talking points.

LOL @ CC's pretending his party hasn't gone hard in that direction

FrostKing
05-04-2023, 11:42 AM
One wants to end the country as we know it.

And the other wants to end the World as we know it.

FrostKing
05-04-2023, 11:43 AM
LOL @ CC's pretending his party hasn't gone hard in that direction
Speaking of going hard in directions. Warmongering...

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 11:45 AM
And the other wants to end the World as we know it.

Speaking of going hard in directions. Warmongering...

Explain your sentence fragments.

Adam Lambert
05-04-2023, 11:50 AM
If the moral standard for president is "accused by opposing party for bribery/nepotism" that's a high bar for any president in recent memory to clear. I'm 100% on board with saying Biden isn't a mental fit for the presidency but the author's making a huge stretch to bothsides the moral fit between the two candidates.

spurraider21
05-04-2023, 11:51 AM
since when do you care what europe thinks

Winehole23
05-04-2023, 11:54 AM
LOL @ chumps "ending democracy" talking points.There was a coordinated pressure campaign to get state legislatures to throw out the election results. When that didn't work, Trump's minions tried to empanel fake presidential electors, while Trump himself tried to suborn first DOJ officials, them Homeland Security, to declare the election fraudulent and seize election machines.

When none of that worked, Trump leaned on the AZ Speaker to decertify its electors, and Brad in Georgia to find him 11,000 extra votes in the 11th hour.

Trump also leaned on Mike Pence not to accept the electoral count. The MAGA mob attacking the US Congress in an attempt to delay or prevent Congressional certification was the last ditch effort, but there was a detailed plan if things got out of hand that day.

Are you familiar with the 36 page power point Mark Meadows was shopping around Congress a day or two before J6?

https://web.archive.org/web/20210716135230if_/https://www.ingersolllockwood.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/voter-fraud.pdf

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 11:58 AM
Republicans try to overturn the 2020 presidential election by storming the Capitol.

CC: LOL

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 11:59 AM
And none of it worked. Despite your hyperbole Democracy survived!

Claiming all Republicans are like those idiots is just bullshit.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 12:00 PM
And none of it worked. Despite your hyperbole Democracy survived!

So the party that tried and will try again will still get your vote!

You will reward and encourage their behavior.

Winehole23
05-04-2023, 12:01 PM
And none of it worked. Despite your hyperbole Democracy survived!it was the most significant attack on the US government since the Civil War. we don't let bank robbers go free if they fail to get the money.

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 12:01 PM
So the party that tried and will try again will still get your vote!

You will reward their behavior.

Now Chump claims to be a able to predict the future! :lol

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 12:02 PM
Now Chump claims to be a able to predict the future! :lol

You predict the Republicans won't try all of this again?

Explain your prediction of the future.

I base my prediction in part on the fact that a solid majority of your primary voters say Trump won the 2020 election.

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 12:02 PM
it was the most significant attack on the US government since the Civil War. we don't let bank robber go free if they fail to get any money.

As far as I can tell there are a shitload of them in jail right now and more on the way. Shitty analogy, Chumpster.

Winehole23
05-04-2023, 12:03 PM
As far as I can tell there are a shitload of them in jail right now and more on the way. Shitty analogy, Chumpster.I'm Winehole.

You think it's nbd to try to knock over the US Government?

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 12:09 PM
You predict the Republicans won't try all of this again?

Explain your prediction of the future.

I base my prediction in part on the fact that a solid majority of your primary voters say Trump won the 2020 election.

I predict neither of us knows what the fuck will happen in the future.

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 12:10 PM
I'm Winehole.

Da fuck? I hated it then and I'm glad those idiots went to jail.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 12:12 PM
I predict neither of us knows what the fuck will happen in the future.

You should probably check out what red state legislatures have been doing in the meantime.

Are you just being purposely ignorant?

Ef-man
05-04-2023, 12:17 PM

https://nypost.com/2023/05/03/fbi-file-links-joe-biden-to-criminal-scheme-per-whistleblower-comer-subpoenas/

Yam Tits had the same information, controlled the Justice Department, and found shit, so there is that, so do not hold your breath.

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 12:17 PM
You should probably check out what red state legislatures have been doing in the meantime.

Are you just being purposely ignorant?

Actually I thought you were being purposefully ignorant with your "end of democracy" hyperbole. Just because Curly keeps saying it doesn't make it true. Sher is paid to talk shit like that.

Blake
05-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Lol both sides guy op making his weekly appearance

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 12:23 PM
Lol both sides guy op making his weekly appearance

The junior mascot of the Forum Loser Victims Club makes his predictable ankle biting appearance.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Actually I thought you were being purposefully ignorant with your "end of democracy" hyperbole. Just because Curly keeps saying it doesn't make it true. Sher is paid to talk shit like that.

What are you even talking about?

Curly?

Sher?

Why are you changing the subject from your party's actions to your personal misogyny?

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 12:33 PM
What are you even talking about?

Curly?

Sher?

Why are you changing the subject from your party's actions to your personal misogyny?

Curly

https://www.nationalreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Karine-Jean-Pierre.jpg?w=789

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 12:35 PM
Curly

Misogyny

Blake
05-04-2023, 12:36 PM
The junior mascot of the Forum Loser Victims Club makes his predictable ankle biting appearance.

CC getting shit on in a thread like this could not be any more predictable

InRareForm
05-04-2023, 12:39 PM
Biden the favorite to be elected +180 odds

Michelle obama is 16 to 1 for democrat nominee

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 12:39 PM
Misogyny

humorless wimp

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 12:40 PM
wimp
:lol you're the pussy who can't accept the reality of your party

You're going to bend over and vote for them all over again.

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2023, 12:42 PM
CC getting shit on in a thread like this could not be any more predictable

of course its predictable. the Forum Loser Victims Club loves to circle jerk each other when challenged.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 12:43 PM
of course its predictable. the Forum Loser Victims Club loves to circle jerk each other when challenged.

:lol look at what you do every time you're challenged

SpursforSix
05-04-2023, 12:54 PM

LMAO. The head of the Forum Loser Victims Club should be you. You're the Howard Dean of this forum.

FrostKing
05-04-2023, 01:01 PM
it was the most significant attack on the US government since the Civil War. we don't let bank robbers go free if they fail to get the money.
Some randoms running into a building and taking selfies?

No I'm not buying the crocodile tears of the pampered DC politicians

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 01:03 PM

No I'm not buying the gator tears of the pampered DC politicians

Not random.

Your Proud Boys just got convicted today.

You're gonna need to move the goalpost again.

Blake
05-04-2023, 01:08 PM

Lol this downplay.

If they were holding Antifa signs you'd still be freaking out

FrostKing
05-04-2023, 01:09 PM
Not random.

Your Proud Boys just got convicted today.

You're gonna need to move the goalpost again.
"AOC was almost murdered"

Ef-man
05-04-2023, 01:09 PM
I'm Winehole.

I have seen older boomers confused with remembering simple names and facts before.

They go through several incorrect names and get upset when you correct them or laugh.

Early sign of dementia/cognitive decline - that is a bitch waiting for all of us.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 01:11 PM
"AOC was almost murdered"

You turned the goalpost into a straw man.

Post the source of your direct quote.

daboom1
05-04-2023, 02:28 PM
BeepBumper meltdown :lol

koriwhat
05-04-2023, 02:30 PM
Why does he post bullshit like that?

Why do you give the thread or him attention if you'd rather CC not post at all? You got issues!

ChumpDumper
05-04-2023, 02:36 PM
BeepBumper meltdown :lol

:lol serial folder tries to bite an ankle

leemajors
05-04-2023, 02:59 PM
Why do you give the thread or him attention if you'd rather CC not post at all? You got issues!

If I was talking about CC, I would have quoted him.

SnakeBoy
05-04-2023, 03:01 PM
If Trump or whoever the GOP candidate is wins libs will do a lot of illegal parading

Blake
05-04-2023, 03:50 PM
If Trump or whoever the GOP candidate is wins libs will do a lot of illegal parading

What's an illegal parade? You mean like the January 6 march to the Capitol?

rascal
05-04-2023, 05:32 PM

Both sides being geriatric, sure, but Ole Joe being morally unfit?

He probably thinks the Bushes were morally fit.

pgardn
05-04-2023, 09:26 PM
What's an illegal parade? You mean like the January 6 march to the Capitol?

This constant trying to equate Jan 6 to public protests and riots.
Jan 6 was at the Capitol and directed at CHANGING THE ELECTION RESULTS by using violence and intimidation on people WE elected.
S-naked wants to create some sort of stupid similarity.

ElNono
05-05-2023, 12:06 AM

Talking about fascists...

ElNono
05-05-2023, 12:08 AM
Frankly, it's terrible. That said, the Brandon presidency has been the best presidency since Obama... not a high bar at all, tbh, but when it comes to triggering dem magatards, brandon has them dead to rights...

FrostKing
05-05-2023, 12:53 AM
Kamala might be dumber than Palin. It's close, worthwhile debate.

Blake
05-05-2023, 12:18 PM
Kamala might be dumber than Palin. It's close, worthwhile debate.

:lol not even close. Plain is dumber than a moose

daboom1
05-05-2023, 05:07 PM
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1654264950926499840?t

Blake
05-05-2023, 05:33 PM
Lol whenever Charlie Kirk says "damning email"

ChumpDumper
05-05-2023, 05:42 PM
J:lolhn S:loll:lolm:loln

ElNono
05-06-2023, 01:23 AM
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1654264950926499840?t

:wow damn, Old Joe really toyed with Dennison in that debate... no wonder he beat the ever living shit out of him in the election...

Ef-man
05-06-2023, 07:25 AM

Just like this picture of randoms in Poland
https://s.hdnux.com/photos/56/32/05/12165457/3/975x0.jpg

And these randoms in Paris
https://www.historyanswers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Attribution-Bundesarchiv-Bild-183-H28708-CC-BY-SA1.jpg

daboom1
05-06-2023, 01:16 PM
https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1654676873652174848?t

ChumpDumper
05-06-2023, 01:31 PM
https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1654676873652174848?t

:lmao Qhris hallucinating now