PDA

View Full Version : 2023 NBA Draft - Workout Tracker

PhantomDashCam
05-07-2023, 03:07 PM
According to Rookie Wire, Spurs have conducted a pre-draft workout with Baylor senior Adam Flagler.
His NBA comparison, Bryn Forbes.

https://nbadraftroom.com/adam-flagler/

Confirmed:

- Adam Flager - Sr. - Baylor
- Charles Bediako - Soph. - Alabama
- Nae’qwan Tomlin - Sr. - Kansas State
- David Okwera - International - Australia NBL

Mr. Body
05-07-2023, 04:17 PM
According to Rookie Wire, Spurs have conducted a pre-draft workout with Baylor senior Adam Flagler.

Comparisons:

Bryn Forbes

lefty20
05-07-2023, 04:45 PM
Wright with some next lvl trolling, tbh.

Seventyniner
05-07-2023, 06:08 PM
Getting a player of Forbes's caliber with the #44 pick would not be bad at all. Most mid-seconds don't even stick in the league.

Mr. Body
05-07-2023, 06:26 PM
Forbes isn't a bad player to have, one that can hit from deep especially if other players can initiate the offense. It's just playing that type too much can be an issue.

I don't see Flagler on many draft boards at all, or really any. Doesn't mean anything. They could be looking at their TOR SRP, they could be looking at undrafted guys, they could be looking at G-League guys.

Ariel
05-07-2023, 07:14 PM
We already have enough low ceiling prospects, with our second rounders my first option would be consolidating them (plus maybe an extra future second) into a mid first and getting a higher upside prospect like Whitehead, Coulibaly, Rupert, etc. There's always a team willing to trade out or down because they don't want to commit to the guaranteed money of a rookie scale contract, and can grab their guy in the second round. If not, a guy like Strawther would make sense. Anyway, should see plenty of guys (some decoys) come and go until draft night, I wouldn't read too much into that.

TrainOfThought5
05-07-2023, 09:02 PM
MichaelFromTheOfficeNoGodNo.gif

John B
05-08-2023, 08:43 AM
Spurs already have Graham. If Spurs use the Raptor pick at 44, I think Flagler stays at Austin for a couple of years. He does seem to move better than Forbes

JPB
05-08-2023, 10:36 AM
We already have enough low ceiling prospects, with our second rounders my first option would be consolidating them (plus maybe an extra future second) into a mid first and getting a higher upside prospect like Whitehead, Coulibaly, Rupert, etc. There's always a team willing to trade out or down because they don't want to commit to the guaranteed money of a rookie scale contract, and can grab their guy in the second round. If not, a guy like Strawther would make sense. Anyway, should see plenty of guys (some decoys) come and go until draft night, I wouldn't read too much into that.

You won't get a mid FPR with SRPs. Nobody will pass on Bilal, Whitehead or Rupert for SRPs.

Ariel
05-08-2023, 11:14 AM
You won't get a mid FPR with SRPs. Nobody will pass on Bilal, Whitehead or Rupert for SRPs.
I meant mid 20s, like I said in other posts. And at least 2 of those guys will go in the 20s. We'll talk come draft night.

Seventyniner
05-08-2023, 11:29 AM

The Raptors traded #20 to the Spurs for #32 and Thad Young last season. You never know.

To be fair, at the time of the trade the Raptors didn't know it would be the #20 pick, but iirc they were right around the 11th best record (20th pick) territory.

Mr. Body
05-08-2023, 11:52 AM
We tend to limit how good SRPs can be. Obviously it's in retrospect, but a guy like Gary Trent was pick #37.

Ariel
05-08-2023, 12:11 PM
Minnesota jumped to 19 from 22 + 29
Clippers jumped to 21 from 25 + future 2nd
Memphis jumped to 30 from 40 + two future 2nds
Minnesota jumped to 23 from 25 + future 2nd
Memphis landed 30 for two future 2nds
Philly jumped to 20 from 24 + 33
Memphis jumped to 21 from 24 + future 2nd
Cleveland acquired 30 for 4 future 2nds

Point being, second rounders are used all the time to jump a few spots, you can see that usually it's 3/4/5 spots, depending on where those spots are (the higher, the more expensive). So I think jumping to, say, 25 for 32 + 44 + future 2nd is actually pretty fair value. Of course, it depends on the circumstances, but it's not unusual for a team to not want to commit to a first round rookie scale contract if they can get their guy in the early 2nd, or trade away altogether. In any case, it's far from a given, but deals like that happen all the time.

Ariel
05-08-2023, 12:21 PM
We tend to limit how good SRPs can be. Obviously it's in retrospect, but a guy like Gary Trent was pick #37.
Herb Jones, Jalen Brunson, Jarred Vanderbilt, Mitch3ll Robinson, Andrew Nembhard, Ayo Dosunmu, Tre Jones, Nic Claxton, Terance Mann, De'Anthony Melton, Dillon Brooks, etc. There is value especially in the early 2nd, but it's usually guys with some perceived flaw (unathletic, older, some limitation in their game, etc). Since we have way more 2nds than we can use, I'd rather consolidate them into the first round to aim for a higher upside prospect, which usually don't fall that far.

jjspur
05-08-2023, 12:23 PM
I understand that 2nd rounders are used as a sweetener to jump a few spots up, but if I'm going to trade 3 seconds, I'd rather try to get a 2nd or 3rd year player rather than a rookie. At least you know more or less what they can do as opposed to a rookie that will probably spend a good chunk of time in the G-League that year if not longer.

Ariel
05-08-2023, 12:31 PM
I understand that 2nd rounders are used as a sweetener to jump a few spots up, but if I'm going to trade 3 seconds, I'd rather try to get a 2nd or 3rd year player rather than a rookie. At least you know more or less what they can do as opposed to a rookie that will probably spend a good chunk of time in the G-League that year if not longer.
If you get a 2nd or 3rd year player that has proven something you're likely not going to get a very good one at that price tag. These days rotation vets go for 3-5 2nd rounders. At this point in time the Spurs need to add talent, and at those picks that's more likely to happen by taking some risks. But I'm all for getting value whatever way you can, if there's a 2nd or 3rd year player that's interesting and can be had at that price, sure, why not. Just don't think it's very likely.

Mr. Body
05-08-2023, 02:07 PM

Point being, second rounders are used all the time to jump a few spots, you can see that usually it's 3/4/5 spots, depending on where those spots are (the higher, the more expensive). So I think jumping to, say, 25 for 32 + 44 + future 2nd is actually pretty fair value. Of course, it depends on the circumstances, but it's not unusual for a team to not want to commit to a first round rookie scale contract if they can get their guy in the early 2nd, or trade away altogether. In any case, it's far from a given, but deals like that happen all the time.

Good stuff. Those prices seem to be all over the place. Doesn't seem to be a set 'cost' for moving up.

The Truth #6
05-08-2023, 02:35 PM
I’m guessing the front office will start going for higher upside players in the second round with so many second round picks in their wallet. We’ll see.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-08-2023, 04:14 PM
I'd place the paperwork from the Flagler workout in the WGAF file.

JPB
05-08-2023, 04:37 PM

Sure, with a FRP + SRPs, but I was responding to your post suggesting you can trade up in the mid FR (or even mid 20 as you corrected) just out of SRPs...

We already have enough low ceiling prospects, with our second rounders my first option would be consolidating them (plus maybe an extra future second] into a mid first and getting a higher upside prospect like Whitehead, Coulibaly, Rupert, etc. There's always a team willing to trade out or down because they don't want to commit to the guaranteed money of a rookie scale contract, and can grab their guy in the second round. If not, a guy like Strawther would make sense. Anyway, should see plenty of guys (some decoys) come and go until draft night, I wouldn't read too much into that.

Ariel
05-08-2023, 05:26 PM
Sure, with a FRP + SRPs, but I was responding to your post suggesting you can trade up in the mid FR (or even mid 20 as you corrected) just out of SRPs...
Those in red are NOT first + second rounders, just second rounders into the first round. And in any case, I don't see what's conceptually the big difference between jumping from 32 in the second round or 30 in the first, it's still jumping up a given number of spots which is essentially the same concept (like the Spurs did in the trade that landed us Malaki, going from 33 to 20 for the rotting corpse of Thaddeus Young). 32 to 25 is 8 spots, which is basically pretty fair given the examples above. I just went back 4 years, but if you go farther you'll find plenty more.

JPB
05-08-2023, 07:28 PM
Those in red are NOT first + second rounders, just second rounders into the first round. And in any case, I don't see what's conceptually the big difference between jumping from 32 in the second round or 30 in the first, it's still jumping up a given number of spots which is essentially the same concept (like the Spurs did in the trade that landed us Malaki, going from 33 to 20 for the rotting corpse of Thaddeus Young). 32 to 25 is 8 spots, which is basically pretty fair given the examples above. I just went back 4 years, but if you go farther you'll find plenty more.

And in the 3 cases, that's for the 30 pick, so no offense but not mid 20, which was your all starting point (mid FR actually)... 30 is litterally the first pick before the SR. And no offense again but spurs jumped from 32 to 20 precisely thanks to Young, 2RPs would't have done it alone. I'm not sure what 32 to 25 is referring to in your last sentence but you won't find examples of teams trading up even to mid 20s just with 2RPs, which is my whole point. You always have to add a first or a player, 2RPs are just sweeteners in that kind of deals. The substance is somewhere else.

Ariel
05-08-2023, 08:21 PM
And in the 3 cases, that's for the 30 pick, so no offense but not mid 20, which was your all starting point (mid FR actually)... 30 is litterally the first pick before the SR. And no offense again but spurs jumped from 32 to 20 precisely thanks to Young, 2RPs would't have done it alone. I'm not sure what 32 to 25 is referring to in your last sentence but you won't find examples of teams trading up even to mid 20s just with 2RPs, which is my whole point. You always have to add a first or a player, 2RPs are just sweeteners in that kind of deals. The substance is somewhere else.
You're reading it completely wrong.
In 2021 the Clippers used a future 2nd to jump from 25 to 21, that's 4 spots for a 2nd rounder
In 2021 Memphis used 2 future 2nds to jump from 40 to 30, that is 10 spots for 2 2nd rounders
In 2020 Minnesota used a future 2nd to jump from 25 to 23, that's 2 spots for a future 2nd rounder
In 2020 Memphis used 2 seconds to jump from undrafted (60+) to 30, that's 30 spots for two future 2nds
In 2019 Philly used 33 to jump from 24 to 20, that's 4 spots for a 2nd rounder
In 2019 Memphis used a future 2nd to jump from 24 to 21, that's 3 spots for a future 2nd rounder
In 2019 Cleveland used 4 future 2nds to jump from undrafted (60+) to 30, that's 30 spots for 4 future 2nds

So you see what I'm saying isn't some convoluted hypothetical, it's common practice to use 2nd rounders as currency to climb up a number of spots in the first round.
Also, it should be noted that the difference in value between each consecutive pair of picks is BIGGER as you climb up the board. Meaning there's much more difference in value from 1 to 5, than there is from 10 to 14, than there is from 20 to 24, than there is from 30 to 34. In a nutshell it means that if a 2nd rounder buys you 4 spots at 25, it will buy you AT LEAST 4 AND POSSIBLY MORE at 33, NOT LESS.
I mean, this isn't rocket science: start at 33. First 2nd rounder (44) gets you 4 spots, you're at 29. Next 2nd rounder (future) gets you 4 extra spots, you're at 25. It's an oversimplification (not always it's the same leap, sometimes it's more, sometimes less, sometimes nothing at all), it may cost 3 picks rather than 2 but the concept stands, and pretending it's any different when you start at 30 than it is when you start at 33 is completely disingenuous.
So again, going by recent value, if you're using 2 picks to jump 8 spots starting at 33, that's pretty much exactly what ALL the recent empirical evidence supports. It's not me coming up with some made up number, it's what actually has happened recently. If you want to come up with a counter example based on as much recent evidence as I laid out that refutes what I said, I'm all ears. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to go by recent history rather than any opinion.

exstatic
05-08-2023, 08:48 PM
You're reading it completely wrong.
In 2021 the Clippers used a future 2nd to jump from 25 to 21, that's 4 spots for a 2nd rounder
In 2021 Memphis used 2 future 2nds to jump from 40 to 30, that is 10 spots for 2 2nd rounders
In 2020 Minnesota used a future 2nd to jump from 25 to 23, that's 2 spots for a future 2nd rounder
In 2020 Memphis used 2 seconds to jump from undrafted (60+) to 30, that's 30 spots for two future 2nds
In 2019 Philly used 33 to jump from 24 to 20, that's 4 spots for a 2nd rounder
In 2019 Memphis used a future 2nd to jump from 24 to 21, that's 3 spots for a future 2nd rounder
In 2019 Cleveland used 4 future 2nds to jump from undrafted (60+) to 30, that's 30 spots for 4 future 2nds

So you see what I'm saying isn't some convoluted hypothetical, it's common practice to use 2nd rounders as currency to climb up a number of spots in the first round.
Also, it should be noted that the difference in value between each consecutive pair of picks is BIGGER as you climb up the board. Meaning there's much more difference in value from 1 to 5, than there is from 10 to 14, than there is from 20 to 24, than there is from 30 to 34. In a nutshell it means that if a 2nd rounder buys you 4 spots at 25, it will buy you AT LEAST 4 AND POSSIBLY MORE at 33, NOT LESS.
I mean, this isn't rocket science: start at 33. First 2nd rounder (44) gets you 4 spots, you're at 29. Next 2nd rounder (future) gets you 4 extra spots, you're at 25. It's an oversimplification (not always it's the same leap, sometimes it's more, sometimes less, sometimes nothing at all), it may cost 3 picks rather than 2 but the concept stands, and pretending it's any different when you start at 30 than it is when you start at 33 is completely disingenuous.
So again, going by recent value, if you're using 2 picks to jump 8 spots starting at 33, that's pretty much exactly what ALL the recent empirical evidence supports. It's not me coming up with some made up number, it's what actually has happened recently. If you want to come up with a counter example based on as much recent evidence as I laid out that refutes what I said, I'm all ears. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to go by recent history rather than any opinion.

Only the 2020 Memphis trade, for #30, included no first rounder. You’re proposing two SRPs, a 30ish pick and a 40ish pick for a mid20s pick, and you have no example of anyone doing anything within 5-6 picks of that.

Ariel
05-08-2023, 08:51 PM
Only the 2020 Memphis trade, for #30, included no first rounder. You’re proposing two SRPs, a 30ish pick and a 40ish pick for a mid20s pick, and you have no example of anyone doing anything within 5-6 picks of that.
No. I'm proposing TWO second round picks to JUMP from 33 to 25, that's ON TOP of 33 otherwise it wouldn't be THE JUMP you're buying. That's THREE 2nd round picks, 33 + 44 + future 2nd, for 25

exstatic
05-08-2023, 08:55 PM
No. I'm proposing TWO second round picks to JUMP from 33 to 25, that's ON TOP of 33 otherwise it wouldn't be THE JUMP you're buying. That's THREE 2nd round picks, 33 + 44 + future 2nd, for 25

Show me one of those happening, and not for pick 30, which has less value than 31 because of the guarantee. Show me 3 seconds for 25.

Ariel
05-08-2023, 09:31 PM
Show me one of those happening, and not for pick 30, which has less value than 31 because of the guarantee. Show me 3 seconds for 25.
I wouldn't have to show you that it's possible to go from A to C, when I already proved it's common going from A to B and from B to C. But since you ask:
https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/timberwolves-acquire-draft-rights-tyus-jones

The Minnesota Timberwolves tonight acquired the draft rights to guard Tyus Jones from Duke University, the 24th selection in the 2015 NBA Draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Wolves sent the draft rights to forward Cedi Osman from Turkey, the 31st pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, the draft rights to forward Rakeem Christmas from Syracuse, the 36th pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, and their second-round pick in the 2019 NBA Draft to Cleveland to complete the trade. Jones played his high school basketball at Apple Valley (Minn.) High School.
Not every trade is alike, because it involves rights to other players, money, protections, etc. I'm concerned not with whether it happens, because I'm not a psychic, but whether it's feasible and fair in value. I never expected it'd be this difficult to get such an obvious concept across, but in that I was wrong it seems.

exstatic
05-08-2023, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't have to show you that it's possible to go from A to C, when I already proved it's common going from A to B and from B to C. But since you ask:
https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/timberwolves-acquire-draft-rights-tyus-jones

Not every trade is alike, because it involves rights to other players, money, protections, etc. I'm concerned not with whether it happens, because I'm not a psychic, but whether it's feasible and fair in value. I never expected it'd be this difficult to get such an obvious concept across, but in that I was wrong it seems.

31,36,33. No picks in the mid 40s.

Ariel
05-08-2023, 09:42 PM
31,36,33. No picks in the mid 40s.
It was 24 for (not 25) for 31 + 36 + future 2nd FOUR YEARS DOWN THE ROAD (ended up 40). Also you could easily make the future second the Spurs own '24, or throw yet another second, or simply cash (these picks can be bought). Point remains, the framework I laid is pretty solid. But it's clear you're grasping at straws, so be my guest.

PhantomDashCam
05-09-2023, 07:01 PM
Sophomore Charles Bediako of Alabama has supposedly had a workout with the Spurs.

Somewhat surprising considering the Primo stuff. Could it also be about potential background intel. on Brandon Miller?

rascal
05-09-2023, 11:21 PM
It was 24 for (not 25) for 31 + 36 + future 2nd FOUR YEARS DOWN THE ROAD (ended up 40). Also you could easily make the future second the Spurs own '24, or throw yet another second, or simply cash (these picks can be bought). Point remains, the framework I laid is pretty solid. But it's clear you're grasping at straws, so be my guest.

When was that trade made? During the season or right before the draft. Harder to make a deal before the draft for a first round pick using only seconds.

Looks to be on draft night. Still hard to pull that type of deal off.

Ariel
05-09-2023, 11:47 PM
When was that trade made? During the season or right before the draft. Harder to make a deal before the draft for a first round pick using only seconds.

Looks to be on draft night. Still hard to pull that type of deal off.
It was on draft night and there are plenty of similar moves, and that was in the days where teams didn't have that many to trade. Nowadays 2nd rounders have become mainstream currency with a small number of teams hoarding a good chunk of them and many others completely devoid, so I wouldn't be surprised if a playoff team that doesn't want to add a guaranteed rookie scale contract opts instead to collect 3 or 4 second rounders to dump salary or get a rotation vet by the trade deadline.

duncan2150
05-10-2023, 04:49 AM
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1656076373990035464

Combine list. Except Victor who's playing in French league, everybody is there.

Em-City
05-10-2023, 06:41 AM
Good stuff. Those prices seem to be all over the place. Doesn't seem to be a set 'cost' for moving up.

It works when moving up a couple of spots in the late- first round, but we don't have a late first rounder this year.

duncan2150
05-10-2023, 06:48 AM
I can totally see a team in the 20's who has 2-3 prospects on their radar trading with us for our two secound picks plus maybe another secound or the spurs absorbing a contract

Mr. Body
05-10-2023, 10:20 AM
I can totally see a team in the 20's who has 2-3 prospects on their radar trading with us for two secound picks plus maybe another secound or the spurs absorbing a contract

There are a few of those teams. I see them as likely to get their late first round picks out of the late first round in favor of future picks. Utah and Indiana come to mind. Either move up or move out.

Ariel
05-10-2023, 10:36 AM
There are a few of those teams. I see them as likely to get their late first round picks out of the late first round in favor of future picks. Utah and Indiana come to mind. Either move up or move out.

Also, there are several teams with multiple picks (order not yet final) or that could be willing to move one or more:

Brooklyn: 21, 22, 51
Indiana: 8, 26, 29, 32, 55
Charlotte: 4, 27, 34, 39, 42
Utah: 9, 16, 28
Golden State: 20
Orlando: 6, 12, 36
Atlanta: 15, 46

In particular those marked in red could be suitable for trading up from our 2nd rounders,

Mr. Body
05-10-2023, 10:41 AM
Holy crap to Indiana and Charlotte. They really need to move up or get those picks traded for future ones. That's crazy.

Chinook
05-10-2023, 10:46 AM
It was on draft night and there are plenty of similar moves, and that was in the days where teams didn't have that many to trade. Nowadays 2nd rounders have become mainstream currency with a small number of teams hoarding a good chunk of them and many others completely devoid, so I wouldn't be surprised if a playoff team that doesn't want to add a guaranteed rookie scale contract opts instead to collect 3 or 4 second rounders to dump salary or get a rotation vet by the trade deadline.

I don't think it's very likely that the Spurs can get a decent first for seconds. Yes, it has happened, but I think it's more likely they give up a future first and 33 or 44 to get such a pick. For the right player, that's a perfectly fine outcome. It's using their future assets while they still have their value uncompromised by needing to get rid of them to avoid too many rookie contracts.

So something like 44 and the Charlotte first back to the Hornets for 27. Or maybe 33 and 44 and the first to Charlotte for 27 and 39. Maybe have the Hornets throw in another future second to the pile. The Spurs draft whomever they want at the end of the first and still have an okay second to use on their new two-way spot. The Hornets free up their first to trade as they try to make a win-now move.

The Spurs should absolutely look to trade away bundles of seconds before they get stuck with them, and I do think as collections, they have more utility around the league than they used to. But that doesn't mean they'll always be able to get what they want for those bundles. Most teams at the bottom of the first will be looking to move up, not down.

Chinook
05-10-2023, 10:49 AM
Holy crap to Indiana and Charlotte. They really need to move up or get those picks traded for future ones. That's crazy.

Yep, and it's what the Spurs need to avoid by trading their extra picks before the year they come due. Those teams are going to have to take a loss on some of those picks. The second-rounders are probably only going to be sold for cash. Ariel hopes they'd get seconds for them, but I don't see any of those teams in red having any interest in doing that. They need better picks, not more picks.

duncan2150
05-10-2023, 10:53 AM
i'm more skeptical about Indiana and Charlotte who already have 5 picks each, they will not trade for more picks imo.

Chinook
05-10-2023, 10:54 AM
Only Golden State really makes sense given their cap situation. The Spurs could trade 33 one of their protected firsts and maybe take a bit of bad salary to make a compelling offer. Saving that guaranteed rookie salary might be intriguing for the Warriors. Then still take a two-way with 44. It's hard to see what ballast would make sense for GS though. I doubt they want to give up on Moody or Kuminga yet.

Mr. Body
05-10-2023, 11:03 AM
Yeah that late first round environment is not looking good to move into. It's essentially controlled by Indiana, Charlotte, and Utah. Higher up are Portland, Memphis, and Sacramento. I could see them potentially wanting to move, but it would take something to really get it done, e.g. a future first.

I see the Spurs as picking their lotto guy, using the 33, and then trading or selling the 44. They tend to be very conservative with draft day trades plus they already have a slew of young players to figure out.

Ariel
05-10-2023, 11:11 AM
Only Golden State really makes sense given their cap situation. The Spurs could trade 33 one of their protected firsts and maybe take a bit of bad salary to make a compelling offer. Saving that guaranteed rookie salary might be intriguing for the Warriors. Then still take a two-way with 44. It's hard to see what ballast would make sense for GS though. I doubt they want to give up on Moody or Kuminga yet.
Memphis could be a candidate as well, they move up and down, in an out all the time, and are always searching for value rather than gambles. Maybe they have a guy they feel confident they can get at 32/33 and are willing to gamble for the right price. Anyway, I'm not a psychic and I can't will anything into happening, it's laying out possible scenarios more than anything.

ace3g
05-11-2023, 04:48 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1656711737385820160

rascal
05-11-2023, 05:27 PM
Yep, and it's what the Spurs need to avoid by trading their extra picks before the year they come due. Those teams are going to have to take a loss on some of those picks. The second-rounders are probably only going to be sold for cash. Ariel hopes they'd get seconds for them, but I don't see any of those teams in red having any interest in doing that. They need better picks, not more picks.

That's why I've been saying targeting Utah with their 16th pick is the best move with the Toronto first next year. Utah as three first round picks this year and none next year so this might be incentive for them to move one of their picks this year for a first next year.

jjspur
05-11-2023, 06:18 PM
I would try this trade with our old pals in Toronto :

Toronto's #13 pick in this years draft for
The Spurs pick (from Toronto) in next years draft, if they're stubborn add one of the three 2025 second round picks we already own.
Some team will make a reach and I think some talent may fall to the bottom half of the lottery and could be available at 13. Jordan Hawkins, Keyonte George ,Cam Whitmore (not likely but great if he did). There will be value picks at the end of the lottery and this could be our way to get it. Do this and we can sell or trade our second round picks. You just have to project if this years talent is better or worse than next years.

spurraider21
05-11-2023, 06:41 PM
Spurs already have Graham. If Spurs use the Raptor pick at 44, I think Flagler stays at Austin for a couple of years. He does seem to move better than Forbes
Graham is basically expiring (he only as 2.8 mil guaranteed for 24-25). and for a volume 3pt specialist, he only hits about 35-36% of them

mo7888
05-11-2023, 07:04 PM
That's why I've been saying targeting Utah with their 16th pick is the best move with the Toronto first next year. Utah as three first round picks this year and none next year so this might be incentive for them to move one of their picks this year for a first next year.

I wouldn't move that Toronto pick for the 16th this year. Toronto looks 'unsettled' right now so I'd gamble on the upside there. I'd rather target GS with the future Cha 1st + salary relief + 44. I expect someone pretty good to still be available at 20. I could see one of Rupert, Coulibaly, Jackson II, or Murray still on the board at 20.

exstatic
05-11-2023, 07:27 PM
Graham is basically expiring (he only as 2.8 mil guaranteed for 24-25). and for a volume 3pt specialist, he only hits about 35-36% of them

League average is slightly below 35% these days, and he can create his own, and shoot it off the bounce. He’s absolutely not chopped liver.

spurraider21
05-11-2023, 07:33 PM
League average is slightly below 35% these days, and he can create his own, and shoot it off the bounce. He’s absolutely not chopped liver.
if he's going to be a specialist im not comparing him to the league average

i didnt say he's chopped liver. i pointed out that he's basically expiring. im not sure that PATFO sees him as a piece worth re-signing. im ok spending a 2nd rounder on a shooting specialist and i personally wouldnt let Graham's presence really influence my draft strategy

exstatic
05-11-2023, 07:37 PM

i didnt say he's chopped liver. i pointed out that he's basically expiring. im not sure that PATFO sees him as a piece worth re-signing. im ok spending a 2nd rounder on a shooting specialist and i personally wouldnt let Graham's presence really influence my draft strategy

Oh, I don’t see s re-signing him under any circumstances. That being said, with our glut of young talent, I don’t see any second rounder playing anywhere but Austin until way late in the season.

rascal
05-11-2023, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't move that Toronto pick for the 16th this year. Toronto looks 'unsettled' right now so I'd gamble on the upside there. I'd rather target GS with the future Cha 1st + salary relief + 44. I expect someone pretty good to still be available at 20. I could see one of Rupert, Coulibaly, Jackson II, or Murray still on the board at 20.

The 16th pick will end up higher than that Toronto pick next year. That is what I'm predicting will happen.

rascal
05-11-2023, 07:42 PM

Why would GS trade away their only first round pick for a pick that may not even convey and a mid second? What is in it for them?

mo7888
05-11-2023, 08:21 PM
The 16th pick will end up higher than that Toronto pick next year. That is what I'm predicting will happen.

I'm predicting that the Toronto pick will be higher.

mo7888
05-11-2023, 08:21 PM
Why would GS trade away their only first round pick for a pick that may not even convey and a mid second? What is in it for them?

Cap relief...lots of tax savings...

Ariel
05-11-2023, 08:32 PM
I would try this trade with our old pals in Toronto :

Toronto's #13 pick in this years draft for
The Spurs pick (from Toronto) in next years draft, if they're stubborn add one of the three 2025 second round picks we already own.
Some team will make a reach and I think some talent may fall to the bottom half of the lottery and could be available at 13. Jordan Hawkins, Keyonte George ,Cam Whitmore (not likely but great if he did). There will be value picks at the end of the lottery and this could be our way to get it. Do this and we can sell or trade our second round picks. You just have to project if this years talent is better or worse than next years.
I would definitely do that for Cam Whitmore, Anthony Black, Taylor Hendricks or Keyonte George, but the first three will be long gone by then, so the latter is the only one I'd realistically pull the trigger for in that scenario. Also there's a real chance Toronto is worse next year (with Trent Jr and VanVleet possibly leaving), so unless we're pretty damn certain it may be better to keep it. Lastly, I think Cason Wallace or Kobe Bufkin should be available at that spot, and Toronto would be a really good fit, so they might want to keep this pick.

Seventyniner
05-11-2023, 08:34 PM

I think the best the Spurs can hope for by trading Graham is a second, maybe two. He might have some value to a contender that wants instant offense off the bench.

spurraider21
05-11-2023, 08:36 PM
I think the best the Spurs can hope for by trading Graham is a second, maybe two. He might have some value to a contender that wants instant offense off the bench.
im not sure any team will see Graham the player an an asset. at best people will see his contract as relief and might attach a pick to give up a worse contract in exchange for his, since he's a quasi-expiring deal

if we land wemby, i dont think it would behoove us to take on bad contracts anymore as we'd probably try to start actually tooling up. if we fall outside the top 3 though, id say its worth eating another bad deal in exchange for a reasonable pick

mo7888
05-11-2023, 08:37 PM

You might pull a 1st with an unbalanced deal. For example, if Miami sent us Lowry ($28m) for Grahams contract to get them under the cap that might be worth a first to them. Some iteration of that...not necessarily Miami...just using them as an example..

exstatic
05-11-2023, 08:44 PM

im not sure any team will see Graham the player an an asset. at best people will see his contract as relief and might attach a pick to give up a worse contract in exchange for his, since he's a quasi-expiring deal

if we land wemby, i dont think it would behoove us to take on bad contracts anymore as we'd probably try to start actually tooling up. if we fall outside the top 3 though, id say its worth eating another bad deal in exchange for a reasonable pick

Opposites attract…

rascal
05-11-2023, 08:48 PM
I'm predicting that the Toronto pick will be higher.

So the Toronto pick will fall between 7 and 15 you're saying? I'm saying it won't.

spurraider21
05-11-2023, 08:51 PM
Opposites attract…
1) i dont think "opposites attract" means what you think it means

2) the things i said arent mutually exclusive because graham isnt arriving to other teams in a vacuum. he's making over 12 mil. im sure if graham was a free agent, he'd have suitors. i dont think he'd have suitors lining up to pay him 12 mil per year. under his current contract, his real value is as cap relief. under a different contract, would be a different story. nobody was trading for 50 mills, but a competing Nets team had no problem signing him for 2/12

exstatic
05-11-2023, 08:55 PM
So the Toronto pick will fall between 7 and 16 you're saying? I'm saying it won't.

They have hard decisions to make this summer. They went from a 6 seed to the lottery with basically the same roster, and they’re going to have to subtract to keep a manageable payroll. Trent is already being shopped, and there’s no reason to keep a lottery team intact. If you’re cutting payroll, and offloading talent to do so, why stop with just staying in the lottery? Tank, rip the team up, and start accumulating assets.

Ariel
05-11-2023, 08:59 PM
So the Toronto pick will fall between 7 and 15 you're saying? I'm saying it won't.
Toronto has to make some drastic changes if they want to make the playoffs next year, they could very well lose VanVleet & Trent Jr, Anunoby might get traded, Scottie Barnes has plateaued, and Siakam might start regressing. If they don't make the playoffs (which right now looks like the most likely scenario) they're looking at 13 or 14, which is basically the same spot they're in right now.

rascal
05-11-2023, 09:21 PM
They have hard decisions to make this summer. They went from a 6 seed to the lottery with basically the same roster, and they’re going to have to subtract to keep a manageable payroll. Trent is already being shopped, and there’s no reason to keep a lottery team intact. If you’re cutting payroll, and offloading talent to do so, why stop with just staying in the lottery? Tank, rip the team up, and start accumulating assets.

How much you willing to bet that pick will fall between 7 and 15?

exstatic
05-11-2023, 09:25 PM
1) i dont think "opposites attract" means what you think it means

2) the things i said arent mutually exclusive because graham isnt arriving to other teams in a vacuum. he's making over 12 mil. im sure if graham was a free agent, he'd have suitors. i dont think he'd have suitors lining up to pay him 12 mil per year. under his current contract, his real value is as cap relief. under a different contract, would be a different story. nobody was trading for 50 mills, but a competing Nets team had no problem signing him for 2/12

$12M is next to nothing in todays NBA. it’s the 125th ranked salary. Steph makes 4 times as much, and by the end of his contract, he will make 5 times as much.

exstatic
05-11-2023, 09:27 PM
How much you willing to bet that pick will fall between 7 and 15?

Talking to the wrong poster. I was pointing out that it isn’t as ridiculous as you might think.

spurraider21
05-11-2023, 09:30 PM
$12M is next to nothing in todays NBA. it’s the 125th ranked salary. Steph makes 4 times as much, and by the end of his contract, he will make 5 times as much.
i'll bet you $100 that graham's next contract earns him less than 12M per year

exstatic
05-11-2023, 09:43 PM

Signature bet. Loser has to change their sig to read [winners screen name] knows contracts better than I do until the end of the next regular season.

Chinook
05-11-2023, 10:01 PM

I don't think that's a great bet given that the MLE will be at about that level in 2024. Do I think Graham will reach that level? No. Could I see a scenario where he could get the full MLE from someone? Yes. If he plays well enough this year to not be waived, I could see him either getting a small extension ala Josh Richardson with Boston or being signed by a team who thinks he's a rotation guard. He like Richardson has fooled teams in the past. Speaking of Josh, it'll be interesting to see where he falls in terms of contract. I think he'll get the TPMLE 1-and-1 from some contender. But maybe someone stills seems more than that?

Ariel
05-11-2023, 10:02 PM
^ You're losing.
EDIT: Chinook posted right before me, I meant exstatic's bet that Graham will get 12M+ per year on his next contract.

Chinook
05-11-2023, 10:14 PM
I have way more interest in turning that Charlotte pick into a first than any other first the Spurs have. Toronto's pick is almost guaranteed to convey. Chicago's pick may not, but the Spurs have more time to read that situation. Charlotte's pick MIGHT convey if they successfully push for the playoffs, but it's not like it's a great pick even then. I'd say the likeliest outcome for the pick is to become seconds during years the Spurs will have too many contracts and will want to get rid of seconds. I think the Spurs could get the most value for it from the Hornets and they should aim there. But as I mentioned I'd be fine "losing" a bit of value for a GS trade. Someone mentioned Indy being a good partner due to them having all of their traded firsts this year. Issue with them is that it's not easy to balance the leger. If the Spurs and Pacers each have one of 26/29, neither likely wants 33. Finding a team that values 33 isn't as easy as it should be.

Ariel
05-11-2023, 10:41 PM
We'll get a better reading on the Charlotte pick's outlook after the lottery. If they land a top 3 pick and Miles Bridges re-signs, the expected return of Lamelo and growth of Mark Williams plus maybe an interesting signing, may yield a more credible pathway to conveying. With that said, it's still capped at 15 and there's no point in playing the odds if there's a real chance of extracting value now, so if that one + 44 + maybe a few seconds lands us a pick around 20 and there's value to be had there, I'm all for it. I agree we shouldn't wait for picks to become a problem, and the timeline allows for more risks now that it (hopefully) will in 2/3 years.

Mr. Body
05-11-2023, 11:02 PM
I have way more interest in turning that Charlotte pick into a first than any other first the Spurs have. Toronto's pick is almost guaranteed to convey. Chicago's pick may not, but the Spurs have more time to read that situation. Charlotte's pick MIGHT convey if they successfully push for the playoffs, but it's not like it's a great pick even then. I'd say the likeliest outcome for the pick is to become seconds during years the Spurs will have too many contracts and will want to get rid of seconds. I think the Spurs could get the most value for it from the Hornets and they should aim there. But as I mentioned I'd be fine "losing" a bit of value for a GS trade. Someone mentioned Indy being a good partner due to them having all of their traded firsts this year. Issue with them is that it's not easy to balance the leger. If the Spurs and Pacers each have one of 26/29, neither likely wants 33. Finding a team that values 33 isn't as easy as it should be.

There are a lot of teams who don't have their late first round picks this year. Cleveland, Philadelphia, Denver, Boston, Milwaukee. Any of them could try to get a pick around that range back, or in the early second, considering most of them are going to have a disappointing playoffs and may want to try for another piece.

One of them might be okay trading a future first, likely also a late FRP, for the 33 plus something like another SRP. Problem is one of those CHA, IND, UTA teams may be preferable with their late firsts as it is.

Ariel
05-11-2023, 11:15 PM
^ Out of those teams Cleveland, Philly and Denver used up pretty much all of their future picks (can trade swaps only) and Milwaukee has one far out that I'm sure will like to spend on whatever they can to keep Giannis happy, which for sure isn't some random rookie. I think they'll try to use a far out unprotected plus swaps in a trade in the mold of what the Lakers did. Boston does have some future picks to use, but again, they've been trading them out and I think they'll want more value out of their pick than #33 (last couple of times they got Derrick White and Malcom Brogdon). So I don't think that's a very likely scenario. Maybe Memphis' 25 for #33 + #44 + a couple future 2nds?

spurraider21
05-12-2023, 12:49 AM
Signature bet. Loser has to change their sig to read [winners screen name] knows contracts better than I do until the end of the next regular season.
Deal

mo7888
05-12-2023, 11:58 AM

Yes, I am saying that... In fact,I'm quite confident of it. The best argument I could make to move the Toronto pick is that the draft this year is a good bit stronger than next year's. That said, I could seen Toronto being a bottom 6 team next year and our pick getting pushed back to 2025. I think it's more likely that it conveys in that 7-15 range though.

spurraider21
05-12-2023, 12:27 PM
I don't think that's a great bet given that the MLE will be at about that level in 2024. Do I think Graham will reach that level? No. Could I see a scenario where he could get the full MLE from someone? Yes. If he plays well enough this year to not be waived, I could see him either getting a small extension ala Josh Richardson with Boston or being signed by a team who thinks he's a rotation guard. He like Richardson has fooled teams in the past. Speaking of Josh, it'll be interesting to see where he falls in terms of contract. I think he'll get the TPMLE 1-and-1 from some contender. But maybe someone stills seems more than that?
while cap numbers arent known for sure, even under the new cba, im not even sure the full non taxpayer MLE would be above 12 mil this summer (maybe by next year when the spurs presumably release him and eat the guaranteed portion of his salary)

he got his 4 year deal as an ascending, relatively young player (was 26, but also just 3 years into his career). he'd basically have to have a career year to get more than MLE type of money, in which case the spurs probably just retain him, and then we have to ask what his market would look like as a 30 year old free agent in the 2025 offseason

rascal
05-12-2023, 01:57 PM
Yes, I am saying that... In fact,I'm quite confident of it. The best argument I could make to move the Toronto pick is that the draft this year is a good bit stronger than next year's. That said, I could seen Toronto being a bottom 6 team next year and our pick getting pushed back to 2025. I think it's more likely that it conveys in that 7-15 range though.

We will revisted this when it doesn't happen. toronto is going to be better next year. They are going to make some trades/moves to improve the team.

exstatic
05-12-2023, 02:00 PM
while cap numbers arent known for sure, even under the new cba, im not even sure the full non taxpayer MLE would be above 12 mil this summer (maybe by next year when the spurs presumably release him and eat the guaranteed portion of his salary)

he got his 4 year deal as an ascending, relatively young player (was 26, but also just 3 years into his career). he'd basically have to have a career year to get more than MLE type of money, in which case the spurs probably just retain him, and then we have to ask what his market would look like as a 30 year old free agent in the 2025 offseason

He won’t be a FA until 2024, 2025 if someone decides to pay his full option year. The most likely scenario is that someone (probably a cap/tax heavy contender) trades for him at the 2024 deadline, cuts him that summer to get the payroll savings, and he hits the market at 29. Between now and then, there will be a cap bump this July hiatus, and another one in July 2024.

spurraider21
05-12-2023, 02:12 PM
He won’t be a FA until 2024, 2025 if someone decides to pay his full option year. The most likely scenario is that someone (probably a cap/tax heavy contender) trades for him at the 2024 deadline, cuts him that summer to get the payroll savings, and he hits the market at 29.
right. but if he plays well enough to justify a contract earning more than 12 mil per year, then you'd think whoever trades for him wouldn't cut him as his ~12 mil salary for 24-25 would be his market value, and they'd either keep a market value player, or just trade him to a team that wants graham and believes his contract is fair market value.

i dont know how much precedent there is for a player being released and then also being signed for more money by other team. im sure its happened, just seems like an unlikely scenario. imo your best bet at winning this is graham puts together 2 very strong years and doesnt hit FA until summer 2025 due to said strong play. plus by then MLE would be higher and might be above the 12 mil threshold of the bet

mo7888
05-12-2023, 02:45 PM
We will revisted this when it doesn't happen. toronto is going to be betetr next year. They are going to make some trades/moves to improve the team.

I look forward to it

ambchang
05-12-2023, 02:52 PM
I still remember the days when Gary Payton, after a made basket, would scream “$12M” to remind everybody he’s one of the best in the league and commands that hefty price tag. Now? It’s MLE.

BackHome
05-12-2023, 05:22 PM
Deal

Damn now that is a serious bet!

ace3g
05-14-2023, 02:20 PM
https://twitter.com/JMacDonald91/status/1657577773177933824

PhantomDashCam
05-14-2023, 06:25 PM

PhantomDashCam
05-14-2023, 06:26 PM

PhantomDashCam
05-14-2023, 06:28 PM

Maddog
05-14-2023, 07:38 PM
I still remember the days when Gary Payton, after a made basket, would scream “$12M” to remind everybody he’s one of the best in the league and commands that hefty price tag. Now? It’s MLE.

Well yes
But adjusted for inflation 12 million in 2001 is roughly 20.
That said I think (someone please correct me I'm to lazy to do the research) NBA salaries has outpaced inflation.
Would make sense as world wide popularity has increased

ace3g
05-20-2023, 02:42 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1659258215849238533

RC_Drunkford
05-21-2023, 08:49 AM
sheesh, when's the last time somebody from Princeton got drafted?

exstatic
05-21-2023, 09:12 AM

HOFer Bill Bradley was drafted by the Knicks second overall.

PhantomDashCam
05-25-2023, 08:31 PM
According to Rookie Wire, Nae’qwan Tomlin has had a recent workout with the Spurs.

Edit: Apologies to Ace, forget he had posted about this already earlier in the thread.

BackHome
05-25-2023, 10:03 PM
We will revisted this when it doesn't happen. toronto is going to be better next year. They are going to make some trades/moves to improve the team.

I wonder how much they are going to pay Jakob and how this will impact them in free agency?

Mr. Body
05-25-2023, 10:06 PM
According to Rookie Wire, Nae’qwan Tomlin has had a recent workout with the Spurs.

Oh shit, I get to play with Victor?

No, you get to play in Austin.

BackHome
05-25-2023, 10:09 PM

A 5'8 PG ?

PhantomDashCam
06-01-2023, 12:01 AM

Obstructed_View
06-01-2023, 12:49 AM
A 5'8 PG ?
He withdrew from the draft today.

AFBlue
06-01-2023, 06:38 AM

And Flagler stayed in. Must be getting good feedback as a second rounder.

buttsR4rebounding
06-01-2023, 07:59 AM

Waiting for that late teens growth spurt...can you imagine him at 5'10"?

Obstructed_View
06-01-2023, 10:12 AM
Waiting for that late teens growth spurt...can you imagine him at 5'10"?
From an NBA standpoint, that is a huge difference.

BackHome
06-01-2023, 07:25 PM

Confirmed:

- Adam Flager - Sr. - Baylor
- Charles Bediako - Soph. - Alabama
- Nae’qwan Tomlin - Sr. - Kansas State
- David Okwera - International - Australia NBLl

Only one I liked was Nae'Qwan Tomlin but he is going back to college don't see any of the others worth a 33 pick

Mr. Body
06-01-2023, 07:27 PM
l

Only one I liked was Nae'Qwan Tomlin but he is going back to college don't see any of the others worth a 33 pick

Spurs tend to be very tight about who they are looking at with their actual picks. I'm not sure we knew Branham or Wesley were even on their radar last year or even came in for workouts. The deal with Barlow was completely unknown. I don't even think we were sure Sochan was a possibility.

BackHome
06-01-2023, 10:40 PM
Yeah they fly very under the radar which I like as in past it seems players we liked and were associated with us always got picked just before our pick. Well maybe it was not that bad but I hated on loosing out on Bantum I think he would been developed into a much better player then he turned out. But it is nice to see who they looking at just as a fan to take a look out but starting to get the same jitters I had just before draft order. I got this feeling Spurs are going to do some moves during this draft actually funny we got the number 1 pick which I am still processing and we got the draft in a few weeks with lots of talks about trade and picks.

Drom John
06-02-2023, 02:05 PM

Armond Hill 9th overall 1976.

ace3g
06-02-2023, 07:43 PM
https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/1664697619354992641

Maddog
06-02-2023, 07:47 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1659258215849238533

He's from England
Would give someone for Sochan to speak English with

AFBlue
06-02-2023, 08:00 PM
l

Flagler probably doesn't have the upside for pick 33, but he could be a solid combo guard at 44. He's a crafty shooter/scorer with food intangibles.

bluebellmaniac
06-04-2023, 02:01 PM
Flagler probably doesn't have the upside for pick 33, but he could be a solid combo guard at 44. He's a crafty shooter/scorer with food intangibles.

He must make an impressive lasagna?

PhantomDashCam
06-05-2023, 07:58 PM

rascal
06-05-2023, 08:47 PM
Spurs tend to be very tight about who they are looking at with their actual picks. I'm not sure we knew Branham or Wesley were even on their radar last year or even came in for workouts. The deal with Barlow was completely unknown. I don't even think we were sure Sochan was a possibility.

Sochan was for sure definitely a possibility. I knew he was going to be the pick.
timvp had him rated as the most likely pick

Spurstalk had Sochan as the most likely pick.

Mr. Body
06-05-2023, 08:55 PM
Sochan was for sure definitely a possibility. I knew he was going to be the pick.
timvp had him rated as the most likely pick

Spurstalk had Sochan as the most likely pick.

That's pretty revisionist. There were a lot of Dyson Daniels fans, Duren fans. By no means was it clear the Spurs would take Sochan.

rascal
06-05-2023, 09:03 PM
That's pretty revisionist. There were a lot of Dyson Daniels fans, Duren fans. By no means was it clear the Spurs would take Sochan.

It's not revisionist. I said it was going to be Sochan before the pick.

The Daniels and Duren fans were no where near the Sochan fans.
Go back and look at the poll that was taken at the time.

Mr. Body
06-05-2023, 09:11 PM

It's not even worth saying this, but: we're talking about who we thought the team would actually pick. No one knew. Because we never know.

scott
06-05-2023, 09:12 PM

I’m sure Brian Wright was paying close attention to who the shitposters on ST.com preferred most.

Just because a lot of people on this website wanted him doesn’t mean it was clear we would take him.

scott
06-05-2023, 09:13 PM
It's not even worth saying this, but: we're talking about who we thought the team would actually pick. No one knew. Because we never know.

Only 3 teams in this franchise’s history have we been able to know with greater than 50% certainty who the Spurs would draft: 1987, 1997, 2023.

ace3g
06-06-2023, 05:32 PM
https://twitter.com/OneMotiveSports/status/1666113072547745795

https://twitter.com/GlobalScouting_/status/1666208829502021632

ace3g
06-06-2023, 05:41 PM
San Antonio Spurs

The known list of players to have worked out with the Spurs:

Charles Bediako, Alabama
Dexter Dennis, Texas A&M
Tosan Evbuomwan, Princeton
Adam Flagler, Baylor
Jarkel Joiner, NC State
Gabe Kalscheur, Iowa State
Jordan Miller, Miami (Fla.)
Justyn Mutts, Virginia Tech
David Okwera, Perth Wildcats (NBL)+
Nick Ongenda, DePaul+
Erik Stevenson, West Virginia
Hunter Tyson, Clemson
Nae’Qwan Tomlin, Kansas State

+Scheduled

NBA draft workout tracker 2023: Where prospects have visited (usatoday.com) (https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/lists/2023-nba-draft-workout-tracker-prospects/)
[/COLOR]

CGD
06-06-2023, 06:33 PM
San Antonio Spurs

The known list of players to have worked out with the Spurs:

Charles Bediako, Alabama
Dexter Dennis, Texas A&M
Tosan Evbuomwan, Princeton
Adam Flagler, Baylor
Jarkel Joiner, NC State
Gabe Kalscheur, Iowa State
Jordan Miller, Miami (Fla.)
Justyn Mutts, Virginia Tech
David Okwera, Perth Wildcats (NBL)+
Nick Ongenda, DePaul+
Erik Stevenson, West Virginia
Hunter Tyson, Clemson
Nae’Qwan Tomlin, Kansas State

+Scheduled

NBA draft workout tracker 2023: Where prospects have visited (usatoday.com) (https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/lists/2023-nba-draft-workout-tracker-prospects/)
[/COLOR]

Are any of these guys ranked in the Top 60?

exstatic
06-06-2023, 07:08 PM
Are any of these guys ranked in the Top 60?

Spurs are always looking for new minor leaguers. Don’t think draft for these guys, not even second round.

ace3g
06-13-2023, 05:49 PM
Manny Bates - Butler (C) worked out for Spurs.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FyiZOPRXwAAD8pi?format=jpg&name=large

PhantomDashCam
06-13-2023, 10:50 PM
I don't know anything about Justyn Mutts, but this video just dropped from Spinella and boy does he sound Spurs-y...

https://youtu.be/FnGZJpskJ7o

Obstructed_View
06-14-2023, 01:44 AM
Me halfway through every Box and One video:

Zomg I hope we get this dude. He's awesome.

Me after the "weaknesses" section:

Wow I hope we don't waste a pick on that trash.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-15-2023, 02:20 PM
He's from England
Would give someone for Sochan to speak English with

:tu

I like it! :lol

exstatic
06-15-2023, 02:25 PM
Nice recovery. Then nice offensive board.

Wrong thread?

Obstructed_View
06-15-2023, 02:26 PM
Wrong thread?

Yep I was deleting while you were typing. :lol

ace3g
06-16-2023, 10:39 PM
https://twitter.com/SpursBR_/status/1669717201018912770

PhantomDashCam
06-18-2023, 07:14 PM
Possible workout?

RC_Drunkford
06-19-2023, 05:14 AM
LkrFan get in here and translate this

playblair
06-19-2023, 04:58 PM

JPB
06-19-2023, 06:55 PM

They say," talented but this isn't the 70's anymore."

LkrFan
06-19-2023, 07:24 PM

It says he's likely not to win an Olympic Bronze Medal like Jim Duncan :lol

RC_Drunkford
06-19-2023, 08:00 PM
It says he's likely not to win an Olympic Bronze Medal like Jim Duncan :lol

:lmao fuck you

Twisted_Dawg
06-19-2023, 08:05 PM
Before draft night, can someone post an updated list of all the players the Spurs have
worked out?

PhantomDashCam
06-19-2023, 08:18 PM
Before draft night, can someone post an updated list of all the players the Spurs have
worked out?

It will be hard to get a definitive list but this link will help some:

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/lists/2023-nba-draft-workout-tracker-prospects/?itm_source=parsely-api

LkrFan
06-19-2023, 09:21 PM
:lmao fuck you

:rollin:lmao:rollin