05-13-2023, 01:28 PM
NxUkHkkBT88

Nice history lesson on Pop here :tu

GAustex
05-13-2023, 01:38 PM
Well stated

Mr. Body
05-13-2023, 01:38 PM
I feel like ESPN must have a wheel they spin to see what stupid shit their people have to say next.

ChumpDumper
05-13-2023, 01:45 PM
NxUkHkkBT88

Well stated

:lmao

offset formation
05-13-2023, 01:47 PM
daboom = ducks

daboom1
05-13-2023, 01:54 PM
I feel like ESPN must have a wheel they spin to see what stupid shit their people have to say next.

Skip doesn't work for ESPN.

ChumpDumper
05-13-2023, 02:01 PM
Honestly looks like a hostage video.

Dex
05-13-2023, 02:08 PM
Dude is going through this like an 6th grader giving his first Speech presentation. He is literally reading from a script.

Fortunately nobody really gives a shit about what Skip Bayless thinks, and if you do....stop it, seek help.

JPB
05-13-2023, 02:15 PM
More like Skip explains why he stopped being relevant.

Leetonidas
05-13-2023, 02:16 PM
:lol thinking that agreeing with skip makes you look smart

spurs10
05-13-2023, 02:22 PM
Skip is no one to listen to or take seriously. :lol He's a goofball.

barakz21
05-13-2023, 02:46 PM
Oh no, Pop is gonna be losing sleep over this. Please Skip, go back to being a fan of Pop!

Mr. Body
05-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Skip doesn't work for ESPN.

He's that cadre of idiots. I don't care where he works now. They're the same breed.

exstatic
05-13-2023, 02:55 PM
It’s like there are posters here who google hourly for anything anti Pop. Sad!

Barfunk
05-13-2023, 03:22 PM
The intelligence of right-wing nut jobs depresses me.

exstatic
05-13-2023, 04:08 PM

Dude is going through this like an 6th grader giving his first Speech presentation. He is literally reading from a script.

Fortunately nobody really gives a shit about what Skip Bayless thinks, and if you do....stop it, seek help.

This is why Sean quit national media. He was handed scripts with a position that he didn’t necessarily agree with.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-13-2023, 04:14 PM
LMAO. dude is consistent, I will give him that. The guy makes me laugh with a lot of the non sense he spews. I honestly haven’t watched his show or 1st take in years and I’m glad about that.

lefty20
05-13-2023, 07:30 PM
Aren't Uncle Dennis and Skip kinda tight now?

Seems like he's putting Neph's DNP Rest money to good use.

Dverde
05-13-2023, 08:07 PM
He had some good points. Still Pop has shown utmost loyalty to the Spurs tho. Others like Phil would have bailed out with the superstars leaving.

EricB
05-13-2023, 09:19 PM
Lol @ anyone agreeing with this attention whoring troll.

”he makes good points”

fucking Christ.

ChumpDumper
05-13-2023, 11:44 PM
B:lolb Hill

HemisfairArena
05-14-2023, 12:30 AM
Lmao,,,look at the Pop homers on here getting their little feelings hurt,,,,someone post what Pop's record is without Tim Duncan,,,,I'll wait because I know Phil Jackson took the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Finals in the years Jordan was "retired". I know Phil Jackson 3 peated 3 times,,,,pop couldnt even defend his title one time,,,,,not once. Pop lied when he said he would retire with Tim Duncan,,,but whatelse do you expect from a democrat?,,,,lies are all they have. Pop is the most overrated NBA coach of all time and its not even close,,,,,

cd98
05-14-2023, 12:47 AM
Skip is right about how he treated the media. Why be a dick when sideline reporters are just doing their jobs? But sadly media, especially the local media are sycophants. They cuddle up to him hoping he won’t be mean to them. Until someone calls him out to his face, I can’t feel too sorry for them.

Rocalcio
05-14-2023, 01:16 AM
Lmao,,,look at the Pop homers on here getting their little feelings hurt,,,,someone post what Pop's record is without Tim Duncan,,,,I'll wait because I know Phil Jackson took the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Finals in the years Jordan was "retired". I know Phil Jackson 3 peated 3 times,,,,pop couldnt even defend his title one time,,,,,not once. Pop lied when he said he would retire with Tim Duncan,,,but whatelse do you expect from a democrat?,,,,lies are all they have. Pop is the most overrated NBA coach of all time and its not even close,,,,,

You’re hurting the republicans with your post, but that’s actually a good thing.

(and you need to learn how to use comas properly…)

Harry Callahan
05-14-2023, 11:39 AM
Skip has been a lowlife snake since he worked in the DFW market (mid 1980's). That's never changed. He's always kept the knife sharp for the next back he stabs.

Pop has his issues. When he coached hard and did not adequately conform to David Stern's edicts, the sports media thought of him as a meanie with ties to the military. Sideline reporters quivered in their shoes.

Then Pop changed and wanted to be liked when he glanced at a paper and maybe turned on the TV - especially after his wife died and the franchise President/Governor (Peter Holt) got sick. The "Journalism" majors have all forgiven him over the last 7-8 years. Skip Bayless needs to be considered two steps below TMZ in the media food chain.

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-14-2023, 12:27 PM
You know why he is still coaching??? Cause his wife died and his after ball life changed. Somehow everyone seems to forget that. I'm totally convinced that's why he keeps going.

Mr. Body
05-14-2023, 12:50 PM
Skip is right about how he treated the media. Why be a dick when sideline reporters are just doing their jobs? But sadly media, especially the local media are sycophants. They cuddle up to him hoping he won’t be mean to them. Until someone calls him out to his face, I can’t feel too sorry for them.

There's nothing vapid, useless media figures love more than feeling like vapid, useless media figures are being persecuted. Some of the most idiotic, self-regarding pests in society. Goes for sportutainment fucks, goes for the Beltway press in Washington. Totally fucking useless. Craign Sager was a monster, by the way.

lefty20
05-14-2023, 03:44 PM
Doesn't Pop have a rep of being super nice and being quite receptive of media personnel during the pre-game talks/conferences?

exstatic
05-14-2023, 04:08 PM
Doesn't Pop have a rep of being super nice and being quite receptive of media personnel during the pre-game talks/conferences?

Maybe the last 2-3 years. His long term rep is as a jackass. I think he really doesn’t like to do media, but the league mandates 100% compliance, so he tries to make it as unpleasant as possible to keep it short.

lefty20
05-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Maybe the last 2-3 years. His long term rep is as a jackass. I think he really doesn’t like to do media, but the league mandates 100% compliance, so he tries to make it as unpleasant as possible to keep it short.

I agree with this regarding the in-game interviews on nationally televised games.

But I've heard that he had always been open and pleasant during the pre-game stuff. Like you said though, it may have been a recent change.

donaldsonian
05-14-2023, 07:02 PM
I don’t pay attention to anything Skip says but I have made some pretty delicious tacos thanks to his brother Rick’s cooking videos.

dbestpro
05-14-2023, 08:57 PM
Pop was a coattail coach.

exstatic
05-14-2023, 09:21 PM
Pop was a coattail coach.

And Phil wasn’t? Both in CHI and LA, he had teams with two All NBA players, and both had already made it to the conference finals.

HemisfairArena
05-15-2023, 02:41 AM
And Phil wasn’t? Both in CHI and LA, he had teams with two All NBA players, and both had already made it to the conference finals.

Are posters to stupid to understand the difference?,,,,jesus christ on a popsicle stick,,,PHIL NOT ONLY REPEATED,,,,HE THREE PEATED 3 FREAKIN TIMES!!!!!!!POP NEVER REPEATED,,,,NOT ONCE!!!!! Phil got the most out of his players,,,,Pop was overrated and held them back. PERIOD!!!!

HemisfairArena
05-15-2023, 02:48 AM
Its not rocket science that Popovich is a joke,,,,even Kerr has repeated as a coach,,,Jackson,,,,Riley,,,Daly,,,,Auerbach,,,Tomj oanovich,,,,all have guided their teams to repeats,,,,but not the overrated Popovich,,,,nope.

rjv
05-15-2023, 11:05 AM
This is why Sean quit national media. He was handed scripts with a position that he didn’t necessarily agree with.

i remember sean describing production meetings as being mostly about what team (e.g. lakers) and players to promote regularly and how much backlash he'd get when trying to promote teams such as the spurs.

rjv
05-15-2023, 11:07 AM
also, it's very revealing to see how many ST posters have such insight into pop's personal life and thoughts.

John B
05-16-2023, 03:23 AM
NxUkHkkBT88

I want my 5 minutes back. What a waste.

25 years later, the Spurs have 5 rings. And if not for Nephew sabotaging fair trades, Spurs would’ve continued in winning ways. I get it, Spurs were lucky to have drafted Timmy. Maybe the 1st 4 championships. But clearly The Beautiful Game was Pop’s. His ability to adapt and make the most from the players. And Pop should be appreciated for the longevity, for extending the careers of the Big 3. And for utilizing the Patty Mills’ 3pt shooting, Tiago Splitter’s passing for a big man, Boris facilitating, Danny Green’s defense, etc. The Big 3 were obvious. But every given night, a 4th player makes that crucial shot, makes that defensive stop. It’s easy to notice Pop’s moody attitude specially with the Press. But for almost 20 years (until nephew), the Spurs were without controversies / drama, despite TP’s

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-16-2023, 04:06 AM
I agree with this regarding the in-game interviews on nationally televised games.

But I've heard that he had always been open and pleasant during the pre-game stuff. Like you said though, it may have been a recent change.

Meh, everyone knows it's just an act from him when it comes to these in-game interviews. When a reporter spends his time conjuring up an incredibly sophisticated question like : 'talk about the 1st quarter' , he's been putting on that fake asshole persona and answering in a manner that is as respectful and thoughtful as the question itself. But it's just an act, a meme and everyone knows it after so many years.

As for Skip Bayless, when someone who is a certified idiot badmouths you then it comes across as a compliment. It's like ducks complimenting you on a comment of yours on ST - you'd have to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.

SpursGenius
05-16-2023, 07:57 AM
NxUkHkkBT88

Skip knows the old hag well. 100 right there.

wildbill2u
05-16-2023, 11:06 AM
Bayless loves to stir controversy in order to pump up his show viewership. This was the worst presentation by a TV presenter I ever saw, but I guess he wanted to make his points clear. I think the big question is whether his coaching success is due to being able to keep a bunch of superstars and role players happy over so many years. I could argue that the "x and o" part of coaching at the NBA level is the least important part of being an NBA coach. With the right mix of players, including superstars and great role players, the game can come down to just throwing the ball out on the court and letting them play. You will win a lot of games like that.

Perhaps the best coaching job by any coach ever was to persuade Manu to take a back seat and play the 6th man role for an entire career with the Spurs.

Brazil
05-16-2023, 12:01 PM
:lol I stopped after 30 sec... I'm a spur fan but I'm complaining about the fact Pop fired Bob freaking Hill :lmao

timvp
05-16-2023, 12:26 PM

:lol

Bruh looks like he was reading out old Aggie Hoopsfan posts at gunpoint.

exstatic
05-16-2023, 12:28 PM
:lol

Bruh looks like he was reading out old Aggie Hoopsfan posts at gunpoint.

:lol :lol :lol

tmtcsc
05-16-2023, 01:30 PM
NxUkHkkBT88

That's hilarious. Dude has no clue what he's talking about. Here's some inside scoop for you:

Avery Johnson met with Gregg during the 3-15 season & orchestrated Bob Hill's dismissal on behalf of the players - including David Robinson. Yes, they pulled a "Magic Johnson" and had the coach fired. That never leaked to the media & I'm sure it was at Pop's insistence that it wasn't. Hill was his mistake and he decided to take over because it was his mess to take responsibility for. I'll never forget at the Spurs' luncheon preceding Hill's first season, Avery got up and said "They found us the best coach that was available". The audience started laughing because he didn't mean in to be the backhanded compliment that it was. "that was available". :lol

Secondly, it was Drob and Avery who spoke up to save Gregg's job in their first Championship season. It was the strike-shortened season and they had just gotten blown out by the Utah Jazz at home. Might have been a Sunday afternoon game. It was the closest Gregg ever came to being fired by Holt & the ownership group. That Championship run ultimately saved his job and the rest is history. But lets not get things twisted. Tim Duncan made this man who he is as well as many other coaches now in the league. That coaching tree and all the success that followed was due to Tim Duncan's greatness. Gregg wasn't joking when he admitted as much.

That's it.

lefty
05-16-2023, 02:49 PM
I don't hate Skip tbh, dude is just playing a character

Brazil
05-16-2023, 03:06 PM
I don't hate Skip tbh, dude is just playing a character

The idiot of the village ? :lol

lefty
05-16-2023, 03:29 PM
The idiot of the village ? :lol
Something like that

J_Paco
05-16-2023, 04:27 PM
Whenever someone mentions the "infamous" Bob Hill firing,the first thought you should has is "well, what further NBA success or job did Hill get afterwards?" The answer: none.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-16-2023, 04:31 PM
Skip knows the old hag well. 100 right there.

Is Skip or Pop the "old hag"?

Skip's the yesterday's newspaper of sports media personalities. Irrelevant.