PDA

View Full Version : The case for trading for CP3

DAF86
05-17-2023, 06:36 PM
First, let me start off by saying that I agree with those advocating for the Spurs to not start spending money like crazy and giving away assets.

With that said, I don't think it's smart for PATFO to just stand around with their thumbs up their asses either. For once, it's time to stop losing. There's only so much losing guys like Keldon, Vassell and Sochan can take before start doubting themselves and start building a losing culture and bad habits. And, then, I don't think Wembanyama will be cool with losing 60/50 games, rookie season be dammned.

So, with that in mind, I think the best thing to do is to get some veteran players in short deals that help raise the floor of this team and help with the development of the young prospects in a non-losing environment, but also, don't hurt the long-term plans. Enter Chris Paul.

The rumour about CP3 is that the Suns want to get rid of him. With only 2 years left on his contract, the Spurs have the cap space and time window to take on that contract. If the rumours are true, and the Suns want to get rid of Paul (there's even buzz about him getting waived), the Spurs wouldn't need to give up anything other than cap space for a couple of seasons.

Chris Paul isn't helpful on a championship aspiring team because he just can't stay healthy on the playoffs, But, for a team that just wants to compete while having a leader for the younger guys, CP3 is almost perfect.

CP3, Vassell, Keldon, Sochan, Wemby. Add a couple more productive veterans off the bench and the Spurs could easily become a play-in team. I don't know what you guys think. To me, it makes too much sense.

Darkwaters
05-17-2023, 06:47 PM
I tend to agree. We saw with the 76ers that they were so committed to losing for so long that when it came time for them to start winning it was a difficult adjustment. Ushering in a losing culture creates rot in your organization. And young players definitely need successful mentors to look up to.

Plus, I'm a huge fan of Chris Paul. I was a season ticket holder when he played his rookie season in Oklahoma City and I'd love to be able to cheer for him again.

spurraider21
05-17-2023, 06:51 PM
depends on what the expected trade framework looks like. we have the cap room this year with no amazing options at the position. im also cant help but chuckle when thinking about a scenario where we use 2024 cap space to sign dejounte though

#2!
05-17-2023, 07:06 PM
I think it’s a good idea to pick up a vet or two, but CP3 may not be a great fit. And I mean that exactly how I said it. He’s alienated quite a few teammates over the years by being demanding and whiny. I wouldn’t bet a young player’s self esteem on Chris Paul’s opinion of him.

Excessive Egotist
05-17-2023, 07:12 PM
Stealth case for Paul is a three for one roster consolidation. McDermott, Graham, and Birch for Paul opens up a couple roster spots and actually saves the team a small amount of money on this season's payroll. Since Paul is non-guaranteed next year, it could save us money on future payrolls too. I'm not sure the Suns could talk themselves into McDermott and Graham unless they were also moving Ayton for VanVleet.

RC_Drunkford
05-17-2023, 07:18 PM
I'm only taking CP3 if we got something for taking on his contract. Otherwise Tre Jones is a good enough PG. I understand CP3 raises the floor of a team and his 2024/25 salary is not guaranteed. But his playing style doesn't fit ours. CP3 slows the offense down and we are clearly trying to run a fast pace offense. Filling the roster with vets makes no sense to me unless they end of the bench guys like Gorgui Dieng was. The young guys need playing time and we have plenty of them.

lmbebo
05-17-2023, 07:27 PM
Depends on trade framework. Not sure he wants it though. I would imagine if he got traded to us or a non-championship team, he could ask to be waived, though he does want his money

Chinook
05-17-2023, 07:30 PM
depends on what the expected trade framework looks like. we have the cap room this year with no amazing options at the position. im also cant help but chuckle when thinking about a scenario where we use 2024 cap space to sign dejounte though

Imagine signing Poeltl this summer and Murray next. I don't know if teams would deal with SA ever again.

But no, I don't think the Spurs should spend a max on a complimentary piece like Murray unless he was the missing piece. It would be hard to imagine them getting to a point where that would be the case in one year.

Chinook
05-17-2023, 07:34 PM
First, let me start off by saying that I agree with those advocating for the Spurs to not start spending money like crazy and giving away assets.

With that said, I don't think it's smart for PATFO to just stand around with their thumbs up their asses either. For once, it's time to stop losing. There's only so much losing guys like Keldon, Vassell and Sochan can take before start doubting themselves and start building a losing culture and bad habits. And, then, I don't think Wembanyama will be cool with losing 60/50 games, rookie season be dammned.

So, with that in mind, I think the best thing to do is to get some veteran players in short deals that help raise the floor of this team and help with the development of the young prospects in a non-losing environment, but also, don't hurt the long-term plans. Enter Chris Paul.

The rumour about CP3 is that the Suns want to get rid of him. With only 2 years left on his contract, the Spurs have the cap space and time window to take on that contract. If the rumours are true, and the Suns want to get rid of Paul (there's even buzz about him getting waived), the Spurs wouldn't need to give up anything other than cap space for a couple of seasons.

Chris Paul isn't helpful on a championship aspiring team because he just can't stay healthy on the playoffs, But, for a team that just wants to compete while having a leader for the younger guys, CP3 is almost perfect.

CP3, Vassell, Keldon, Sochan, Wemby. Add a couple more productive veterans off the bench and the Spurs could easily become a play-in team. I don't know what you guys think. To me, it makes too much sense.

Nope. The Spurs need to continue to develop a free-flowing offense. Wemby is not a finisher; he's a creator. Let the guys continue to figure themselves out. I don't think the team needs a lead guard, but I'd be more amenable to a scoring/shooting lead than a facilitator. I think Graham and Branham will fit in quite well. Wesley, we'll have to see about.

thispego
05-17-2023, 07:43 PM
NO!

poopbox
05-17-2023, 07:47 PM
I don't understand why people are so hellbent on us having some ball dominant point guard to hand the ball to Wemby like he is some child who never played basketball before. The offense is going to run through Wemby and Sochan...as in they are going to be the primary initiators for plays that we run. Since they don't want Wemby playing the 5 right out the gate to start games...and since Sochan showed so much promise last year, I would be shocked of Sochan is just not flat out the point guard to start the season and the spurs are just going to run with that and take it from there.

BatManu20
05-17-2023, 07:52 PM
Can’t stand Chris Paul. Would hate him dawning the Silver & Black tbh. Hard pass.

spurs1990
05-17-2023, 08:00 PM
Make a pitch for Leonard. He’s got a opt out in summer 2024

DAF86
05-17-2023, 08:01 PM
I don't understand why people are so hellbent on us having some ball dominant point guard to hand the ball to Wemby like he is some child who never played basketball before. The offense is going to run through Wemby and Sochan...as in they are going to be the primary initiators for plays that we run. Since they don't want Wemby playing the 5 right out the gate to start games...and since Sochan showed so much promise last year, I would be shocked of Sochan is just not flat out the point guard to start the season and the spurs are just going to run with that and take it from there.

I can understand not wanting to get a ball-dominant PG. I can't get behind the Sochan at PG experiment, though. If we want to maximize Sochan's potential, making him the full-time PG isn't it, tbh. He just doesn't have the first step, playmaking, shooting or shot creation for it. Sochan's value is that he's a good playmaker FOR A FORWARD, but you would be taking that away if you play him as the starting PG. The best version of Sochan would likely be a Draymond Green type. A secondary ball-handler that is DPoY level.

Playing these tall guys with no shooting at PG just because they can handle the ball a little doesn't work in today's NBA. It hasn't worked with Ben Simmons, who supposedly has been a PG all his life, and it hasn't worked with Giannis either, who's probably the best player in the World right now. If Giannis couldn't make the non-shooting point forward work, nobody can.

Mr. Body
05-17-2023, 08:01 PM
In theory I like the idea of an old PG hand like Conley, but the offense is structured on moving the ball and an aging CP3 doesn't seem like it's a fit. I doubt he wants to spend his last couple groin pulls on a fringe play-in and fringe playoff team.

Spurs fever
05-17-2023, 08:05 PM
Make a pitch for Leonard. He’s got a opt out in summer 2024

I like this. Let's get Kawhi back. Pipedream I know but I'd be down.

RC_Drunkford
05-17-2023, 08:06 PM
I like this. Let's get Kawhi back. Pipedream I know but I'd be down.

I'd take him for vet minimum in a 2013 T-Mac role just to humble his dumbass

Degoat
05-17-2023, 08:08 PM
Sign NANDO DE COLO!! Jk I know it’s wild but wasn’t there a rumor the spurs were interested in Isaiah Thomas? Lol I think just bringing in a solid vet even if he doesn’t play should suffice.

Mr. Body
05-17-2023, 08:08 PM
I just look forward to when Wemby swats Kawhi a couple of times.

scott
05-17-2023, 08:19 PM
If Wemby and Sochan are going to be our primary ball handlers/facilitators then I'm interested in someone like Jordan Poole, tbh, despite his recent playoff performance.

rankingtear
05-17-2023, 08:30 PM
Too early, the guy only plays once a week in France. Conditioning and adapting to NBA physicality is the only priority in year 1.

Degoat
05-17-2023, 08:36 PM
Seth Curry might be interesting, hell bring back Patty lol

MI21
05-17-2023, 08:37 PM
I really get the idea and can see some merit, but the target shouldn't be CP3. I'm not sure who it should be, but not him. Far to ball dominant, a liability on defense and no good off the ball.

spurraider21
05-17-2023, 10:15 PM
I can understand not wanting to get a ball-dominant PG. I can't get behind the Sochan at PG experiment, though. If we want to maximize Sochan's potential, making him the full-time PG isn't it, tbh. He just doesn't have the first step, playmaking, shooting or shot creation for it. Sochan's value is that he's a good playmaker FOR A FORWARD, but you would be taking that away if you play him as the starting PG. The best version of Sochan would likely be a Draymond Green type. A secondary ball-handler that is DPoY level.

Playing these tall guys with no shooting at PG just because they can handle the ball a little doesn't work in today's NBA. It hasn't worked with Ben Simmons, who supposedly has been a PG all his life, and it hasn't worked with Giannis either, who's probably the best player in the World right now. If Giannis couldn't make the non-shooting point forward work, nobody can.
can you explain the part where it hasnt worked with giannis when he has a championship and is a 2 time mvp?

Holt's Cat
05-17-2023, 10:24 PM
Get out of here. You want Mo Cheeks living at the La Quinta by the airport?

RC_Drunkford
05-17-2023, 11:06 PM
If Wemby and Sochan are going to be our primary ball handlers/facilitators then I'm interested in someone like Jordan Poole, tbh, despite his recent playoff performance.

hard pass tbh. He‘s significantly overpaid and we will need the cap space down the line

MultiTroll
05-17-2023, 11:13 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/26gBjplxRU5EUhvlS/giphy.gif
Pathetic ballhog and control freak should come no where near Wemby and the Spurs.

poopbox
05-17-2023, 11:40 PM

While I somewhat agree...Wemby is going to start day 1...and he is NOT going to start at center day 1. So that means he probably starts at PF and Collins starts at center. Sochan is to good to be coming off the bench so...where else you going to put him other than PG.

I mean they literally had him playing point guard multiple games last season so it's not like it's anything new. I would assume Wemby and Collins will shoot a lot of 3's to make up for Sochan's non shooting.

The problem with Simmons and Giannis is that those teams needed them to be stars at the point guard position. We don't need Sochan to do that. We just need him to be smart and to punish smaller guards with his size around the rim.

I am sure the spurs are going to sign tre long term. They traded for Graham last season. I'd be shocked if they invest anything in a point guard in the near future. To do so pretty much means playing Sochan at the 5...don't see it...or moving him to the bench...don't see it because a lot of his value is how he meshes with wemby on the court.

poopbox
05-17-2023, 11:45 PM
Imagine signing Poeltl this summer and Murray next. I don't know if teams would deal with SA ever again.

But no, I don't think the Spurs should spend a max on a complimentary piece like Murray unless he was the missing piece. It would be hard to imagine them getting to a point where that would be the case in one year.

Funny you mention this cause i was listening to some podcast after the Murray trade and one of the topics was how teams were upset with the spurs because they knew after they traded white for young players and picks they were tanking...ever team in the league was calling them about murray...they wouldn't even entertain the calls...and then traded him to atlanta:lol

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-17-2023, 11:50 PM
NO!

Listen to this guy: thispego. He knows what he's talking about.

spurraider21
05-17-2023, 11:51 PM
hard hard pass on jordan poole

paul is more compelling because he is still very effective when on the floor, doesnt have the same egregiously high usage rate anymore, and only has 2 years left on his deal as opposed to 4 from poole

but if phoenix expects us to hand over serious assets for him... yeah, no. phoenix is operating above the cap with zero roster depth. they need the relief more than we need paul. but alas, the lakers were able to find a dunce in minnesota to help them offload westbrook. phoenix just needs to find one dunce to get a return for paul. dont want that to be us, though

Das Texan
05-18-2023, 12:08 AM
I'd rather not on CP3.

baseline bum
05-18-2023, 12:21 AM
Would be funny to have Paul as a placeholder for when Doncic wants out in two years.

John B
05-18-2023, 12:26 AM
No! Maybe in 2-3 years when Wemby is already NBA strong and the team is already a contender. But by then CP3 would be 65 yrs old. CP3 would just take minutes from our young guards. So no.

heyheymymy
05-18-2023, 01:09 AM
CP3 looks pretty finished

no thanks

BillMc
05-18-2023, 02:16 AM
I think CP3 is finished. And as far as mentoring a young big, he and Ayton don't even speak anymore. (Though that may be more on Deandre).

RodNIc91
05-18-2023, 03:35 AM
Good fit on paper. I like the idea.

spursparker9
05-18-2023, 04:50 AM
I agree...if for the vet min only

baseline bum
05-18-2023, 06:55 AM

Gross. Middling role player paid like an allstar. No thanks.

exstatic
05-18-2023, 07:02 AM
Wemby wants to be the centerpiece, and I don’t blame him. That’s difficult to do with a ball dominant PG. I’d have to pass on this.

CGD
05-18-2023, 07:07 AM
Funny you mention this cause i was listening to some podcast after the Murray trade and one of the topics was how teams were upset with the spurs because they knew after they traded white for young players and picks they were tanking...ever team in the league was calling them about murray...they wouldn't even entertain the calls...and then traded him to atlanta:lol

Whatever with the talking heads— they traded White Feb 2022 and Murray only 4 months after. And once Murray said ATL I’m sure the Spurs where chomping at the bit: it’s one of the poorly run NBA front offices with volatile roster construction. Of course I’d want to deal with an ATL, WAS or SAC, over say pennyhorder Ainge or a team whose unprotected firsts would come nowhere near the lottery.

InRareForm
05-18-2023, 08:31 AM
What would the trade look like you think?

DAF86
05-18-2023, 10:00 AM
can you explain the part where it hasnt worked with giannis when he has a championship and is a 2 time mvp?

Because who tried making him the full-time PG was Kidd and it didn't work. Bud got him back to his position as forward (or even center) and that's where he became the MVP caliber player he is today.

DAF86
05-18-2023, 10:58 AM
What would the trade look like you think?

Literally CP3 straight up for any player the Spurs feel won't get much playing time. We don't need to make salaries match because we have cap space to spare.

poopbox
05-18-2023, 11:02 AM
Whatever with the talking heads— they traded White Feb 2022 and Murray only 4 months after. And once Murray said ATL I’m sure the Spurs where chomping at the bit: it’s one of the poorly run NBA front offices with volatile roster construction. Of course I’d want to deal with an ATL, WAS or SAC, over say pennyhorder Ainge or a team whose unprotected firsts would come nowhere near the lottery.

Well I think it was more of them telling other teams that Murray was untouchable and then turning right around and making him very touchable. It made some teams be like its no point in even talking to the spurs if their players don't want to play for your team because they are not even going to entertain anything you say. Which I think is a bad way to do business and could really limit you in the future.

kobyz
05-18-2023, 11:03 AM
What about going after Frad Vanvleet?

DAF86
05-18-2023, 01:54 PM

Isn't Van Vleet a Free Agent? That's a commitment that would require more years, and I don't think Fred is worth it.

exstatic
05-18-2023, 01:56 PM

He basically threw a diss track at Pop in the days Kawhi was in TOR.

DrunkTXLabrat
05-18-2023, 02:03 PM
VanVleet or Poole would be a better option. Spurs need vets with ring or rings.

I listened to the airosti guy on Mike Taylor show yesterday talk about keeping Wemby light and flexible. I think it would be a good idea for the spurs to go find a bruiser big that can set the screens and guard the heavyweights. Let Wemby be the giant point guard that he is. Offensively and defensively.

itzsoweezee
05-18-2023, 03:29 PM

have you watched Van Vleet play? He’s incredibly selfish, thinks he’s better than he is. It was pretty clear he thought he was better than Scottie Barnes.

And let’s not forget his “fuck pop” nonsense. I wouldn’t want Fred anywhere near the Spurs.

DAF86
05-18-2023, 03:44 PM
For those saying CP3 is "ball dominant", this isn't prime CP3. At this stage of his career, and moving forward, he doesn't/won't dominate the ball as much.

And just think about all the wide open buckets he could get Wemby out of pick and roll sets. They would smash the Spurs all-time record for alley-oops on a season by themselves.

And then, in 2 years time, when we are ready to compete for real, CP3 is off the books, opening up 30 millions in cap space to bring on a younger star (or resign our own). And who knows, if he does well enough, we might keep him for a vet minimum to be our backup PG so that he finally gets his ring.

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

For real folks, give me one good reason why this move doesn't make the most of senses and doesn't work at all levels.

The Truth #6
05-18-2023, 03:54 PM
People don’t like CP3. He rubs people the wrong way. Yes, he’s friends with superstars but he’s a type that divides rather than unites. To me, he’s the opposite of Tim Duncan in too many ways. I don’t want him. He wouldn’t mentor but push to get his ring. That’s not us next year.

TD 21
05-18-2023, 04:23 PM
Paull will be 4 seasons removed from his Thunder "gap year" (in terms of championship contention) next season, where he proved he still had gas left in the tank as far as being an All-NBA level player.

He's now 38, fell from so much as All-Star caliber last season and might be down to his final season in the league. He's not going to want to spend it on a re-building team.

DAF86
05-18-2023, 04:29 PM
Paull will be 4 seasons removed from his Thunder "gap year" (in terms of championship contention) next season, where he proved he still had gas left in the tank as far as being an All-NBA level player.

He's now 38, fell from so much as All-Star caliber last season and might be down to his final season in the league. He's not going to want to spend it on a re-building team.

I don't think Paul is in a position to demand much, tbh. Him getting to complete his current contract might be the best thing he can aspire right now.

TD 21
05-18-2023, 04:33 PM
I don't think Paul is in a position to demand much, tbh. Him getting to complete his current contract might be the best thing he can aspire right now.

A player of his stature is going to be given what he wants, especially by an organization like this.

superbigtime
05-18-2023, 04:47 PM
No thanks. HOF d!ckhead.

BackHome
05-18-2023, 04:58 PM
Yeah don’t want him anywhere near out team.

CGD
05-18-2023, 05:21 PM
Today, I'm liking Mike Connolly more as our vet leader option.

I'm also thinking with the shooting challenges of what we think may be the SL that Pop may want to give Graham some legit run/chance to take the starting job. He's kind of in the Patty mold tbh. Graham, Vassell, Sochan, Wemby and Collins is an interesting line up.

Tyronn Lue
05-18-2023, 05:28 PM
Patty Mills

DAF86
05-23-2023, 07:47 PM
r2PqcHnQtcQ

Not a single better way to ease Wemby into the league, tbh.

Obstructed_View
05-24-2023, 06:20 AM
I'm grateful that Carmelo retired so the Spurs don't sign him. /s

I guess we can always pray for an asteroid so Chris Paul never puts on a Spurs jersey.

exstatic
05-24-2023, 06:28 AM
The thing about Chris is that he didn’t age gracefully, and he won’t make it past the second round of the playoffs. He’s crapped out there for the last 8 years. I clearly remember him as a Clipper in 2015, dragging his leg up and down the court with a bad hamstring. That would become a recurring theme.

What good is it to have a veteran mentor PG if he can’t go in the playoffs?

Extra Stout
05-24-2023, 07:15 AM
CP38

DAF86
05-24-2023, 11:29 AM
The thing about Chris is that he didn’t age gracefully, and he won’t make it past the second round of the playoffs. He’s crapped out there for the last 8 years. I clearly remember him as a Clipper in 2015, dragging his leg up and down the court with a bad hamstring. That would become a recurring theme.

The Spurs aren't making it past the second round of the playoffs regardless, so that's not a problem. The idea of getting Paul isn't to contend, it is to add a veteran presence to the roster and a guy that can get Wemby some easy buckets. Also a pick and roll maestro to teach the young guys.

With all of CP3's fault he would still easily be our best PG and one of the 2 or 3 best players in the entire squad.

exstatic
05-24-2023, 11:41 AM
The Spurs aren't making it past the second round of the playoffs regardless, so that's not a problem. The idea of getting Paul isn't to contend, it is to add a veteran presence to the roster and a guy that can get Wemby some easy buckets. Also a pick and roll maestro to teach the young guys.

With all of CP3's fault he would still easily be our best PG and one of the 2 or 3 best players in the entire squad.

So, you bring him in for a bit, then he's gone when Wemby gets good? Who takes over then? And what happens if things go better than expected and we make the playoffs? He's going to lug out, Did any other CP3 backups become as proficient as him? If not, seems like a waste of time.

Extra Stout
05-24-2023, 11:46 AM
Chris Paul isn’t coming to the Spurs. The team’s priority at PG is re-signing Tre Jones. As far as acquisitions, their priorities are at PF and C. How much more typing needs to be wasted on the topic?

exstatic
05-24-2023, 11:50 AM
Chris Paul had a chance to come to a very good Spurs team a while back, and forced the trade to Houston instead.

BacktoBasics
05-24-2023, 11:52 AM
He’s a lower key malcontent. I think his presence would be a net negative. He needs to go chase rings coming off the bench of a contender.

DAF86
05-24-2023, 11:56 AM
So, you bring him in for a bit, then he's gone when Wemby gets good? Who takes over then?

If Wemby becomes good, we'll have plenty of suitors knocking on that door.

And what happens if things go better than expected and we make the playoffs?

Then the trade would be considered a success.

He's going to lug out, Did any other CP3 backups become as proficient as him? If not, seems like a waste of time.

So you propose we don't add any veteran presence whatsoever. Just let the young guys figure it out for themselves?

DAF86
05-24-2023, 12:00 PM
Chris Paul isn’t coming to the Spurs. The team’s priority at PG is re-signing Tre Jones. As far as acquisitions, their priorities are at PF and C. How much more typing needs to be wasted on the topic?

Any link to any of the things you are saying?

So let me get this straight:

For the PF/C position we have 3 guys that will definitely get rotation minutes: Wemby, Sochan, and Collins. All of them starter level and 2 of them with all-star level potential.

In the PG spot we only have Tre Jones: a low ceiling guy who, best case scenario, manages to become a decent backup.

But the prority is adding PF/C over PG? :lol

exstatic
05-24-2023, 12:03 PM
If Wemby becomes good, we'll have plenty of suitors knocking on that door.

Then the trade would be considered a success.

So you propose we don't add any veteran presence whatsoever. Just let the young guys figure it out for themselves?

I propose that we add or play someone who can go the seasonal distance if we exceed expectations, and who might last more than a year or two of Wemby's career.

Extra Stout
05-24-2023, 12:08 PM
Any link to any of the things you are saying?
Read other threads.

So let me get this straight:

For the PF/C position we have 3 guys that will definitely get rotation minutes: Wemby, Sochan, and Collins. All of them starter level and 2 of them with all-star level potential.

In the PG spot we only have Tre Jones: a low ceiling guy who, best case scenario, manages to become a decent backup.

But the prority is adding PF/C over PG? :lol
Yes. The priority is protecting the unicorn. And, while Devonte’ Graham is a chucking tank commander, and not a long-term solution for anything, he is on the roster as a point guard, and last year they played him a lot.

It does not appear that the Spurs care all that much about maximizing wins in 2023-24. It appears they just want Wemby to get his feet wet in the NBA, develop some other guys, and don’t mind collecting another lottery pick.

It’s another rebuilding year.

DAF86
05-24-2023, 12:14 PM
I propose that we add or play someone who can go the seasonal distance if we exceed expectations, and who might last more than a year or two of Wemby's career.

1) dude, where do I need to sign to secure that scenario of trading for CP3, getting to the 2nd round and him getting injured? Give me that all day and twice on sunday, 'cause it would mean the season would be a huge success. Either way, don't you worry, it won't happen.

2) we already have guys that will partner Wemby for more than 2 years. Not every single player needs to last us more than 2 years. How many years did guys like Avery Johnson, Sean Elliott or Mario Elie played with Duncan? Did that turn up bad?

You are just grasping at straws here. Just say you don't want CP3 and that's fine.

DAF86
05-24-2023, 12:15 PM
Read other threads.

Yes. The priority is protecting the unicorn. And, while Devonte’ Graham is a chucking tank commander, and not a long-term solution for anything, he is on the roster as a point guard, and last year they played him a lot.

It does not appear that the Spurs care all that much about maximizing wins in 2023-24. It appears they just want Wemby to get his feet wet in the NBA, develop some other guys, and don’t mind collecting another lottery pick.

It’s another rebuilding year.

And you don't think adding a PG with actual NBA starter level would be benefitial for Wemby's development?

P/S: I've read other threads, there's nothing about the Spurs prioritazing PF/C over PG. In any case, it is too early to know what their moves will be. Probably they don't even know it yet, that's why I don't think you asseveration is right.

exstatic
05-24-2023, 12:18 PM
1) dude, where do I need to sign to secure that scenario of trading for CP3, getting to the 2nd round and him getting injured? Give me that all day and twice on sunday, 'cause it would mean the season would be a huge success. Either way, don't you worry, it won't happen.

2) we already have guys that will partner Wemby for more than 2 years. Not every single player needs to last us more than 2 years. How many years did guys like Avery Johnson, Sean Elliott or Mario Elie played with Duncan? Did that turn up bad?

You are just grasping at straws here. Just say you don't want CP3 and that's fine.

Oh, I definitely don't want CP3. He's a diva and an asshole who's won nothing, and would be an awful influence in the locker room.

Speaking of Avery, that's who Tim started with, an existing asset who people thought wasn't good enough. Sounds an awful lot like Tre.

DAF86
05-24-2023, 12:23 PM
Speaking of Avery, that's who Tim started with, an existing asset who people thought wasn't good enough. Sounds an awful lot like Tre.

On an NBA that required different skillsets from their PGs. Avery in today's NBA wouldn't even have made it to the league.

Extra Stout
05-24-2023, 12:25 PM
And you don't think adding a PG with actual NBA starter level would be benefitial for Wemby's development?
No. Tre is adequate. He will be really good at getting Wemby the ball in his preferred spots. He just sucks at shooting.

P/S: I've read other threads, there's nothing about the Spurs prioritazing PF/C over PG. I already posted the link and don’t feel like re-posting it. If you care enough, look again.

In any case, it is too early to know what their moves will be. Probably they don't even know it yet, that's why I don't think you asseveration is incorrect.
:lol Right, I’m sure a competent NBA front office that started planning for Wembanyama like six months ago has no idea what their strategy is for free agency.

spurraider21
05-24-2023, 12:27 PM

i dont know that the spurs are realistically aiming to make a deep playoff run this year anyway. paul getting hurt in may isnt really a big concern imo

but if you want to give wemby as gentle a transition as possible where he can have "easy" early success, not many better options out there than Paul

DAF86
05-24-2023, 12:28 PM
No. Tre is adequate. He will be really good at getting Wemby the ball in his preferred spots. He just sucks at shooting.

I already posted the link and don’t feel like re-posting it. If you care enough, look again.

:lol Right, I’m sure a competent NBA front office that started planning for Wembanyama like six months ago has no idea what their strategy is for free agency.

So you are telling me the Spurs will be heading into next season with their current PG roation? Can I remind you of this if it doesn't happen?

exstatic
05-24-2023, 12:29 PM
Can we remind you if they go out and get another center besides Zach? That would be a complete center rotation.

K...
05-24-2023, 12:29 PM
Why get old cp3 or dame, when we can get a young future all star prospect, like Halliburton or BE,?

Well availability i guess. But why dream small? Save the big FA/trade a acquisition for a current star.

Mr. Body
05-24-2023, 12:30 PM
Ostensibly the idea of Paul appeals. He does have that ability to elevate. But you actually have to pay for him -- asset-wise.

My bigger concern is personality. He has a pretty down-low toxic personality and is not well-liked. Sure, it'll drive interest in the team, but in the locker room these guys seem to get along really well despite the losing. I don't think it's a major concern but let's just keep the good vibes going, you know?

Mr. Body
05-24-2023, 12:31 PM
Why get old cp3 or dame, when we can get a young future all star prospect, like Halliburton or BE,?

Well availability i guess. But why dream small? Save the big FA/trade a acquisition for a current star.

People need to realize that Haliburton is the Indiana franchise guy. He's not going anywhere. Even more to the point, he's happy there, which is rare. Compared to Iowa it must seem like high Renaissance Venice or Florence to him.

DAF86
05-24-2023, 12:32 PM
Can we remind you if they go out and get another center besides Zach? That would be a complete center rotation.

I'm not saying they won't get a C, though.

LeBowen
05-24-2023, 12:33 PM
He had his chance to join in 2018, chose the Rockets. Now you want to take him at 38?

One of the most disgusting players in history of the game, fuck him, history will remember him as a flopping choker.

DAF86
05-24-2023, 12:36 PM
Ostensibly the idea of Paul appeals. He does have that ability to elevate. But you actually have to pay for him -- asset-wise.

My bigger concern is personality. He has a pretty down-low toxic personality and is not well-liked. Sure, it'll drive interest in the team, but in the locker room these guys seem to get along really well despite the losing. I don't think it's a major concern but let's just keep the good vibes going, you know?

I don't think we do, actually. The sole reason I brought up CP3 is because there are rumours that the Suns want to get rid of him (there's even buzz of them cutting him). In that case, the Spurs would only need to take on his contract without giving up any asset in return.

For the record I wouldn't give up even a 2nd rounder for Paul, I just like the idea if the only thing that costs us is cap space for a couple of years.

Mr. Body
05-24-2023, 12:39 PM
I don't think we do, actually. The sole reason I brought up CP3 is because there are rumours that the Suns want to get rid of him (there's even buzz of them cutting him). In that case, the Spurs would only need to take on his contract without giving up any asset in return.

For the record I wouldn't give up even a 2nd rounder for Paul, I just like the idea if the only thing that costs us is cap space for a couple of years.

I'm not sure they want to get rid of him and not sure where the buzz came from. He's irreplacable and if they get nothing for him, that's awful. Now, if Houston comes knocking - and I"ve heard that rumor - they might be okay getting something in return. But for nothing? Judging by their subreddit and common sense, I don't think so. We'd have to do something for them.

DAF86
05-24-2023, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure they want to get rid of him and not sure where the buzz came from. He's irreplacable and if they get nothing for him, that's awful. Now, if Houston comes knocking - and I"ve heard that rumor - they might be okay getting something in return. But for nothing? Judging by their subreddit and common sense, I don't think so. We'd have to do something for them.

The Suns are in championship contention. CP3 is still good in the regular season, but he gets injured everytime in the playoffs. The Suns' management already realized they will never be able to count with Paul when it matters, that's why they want to get rid of his contract to be able to sign some other guys. The Spurs are one of the few teams that can take on CP3's contract.

Extra Stout
05-24-2023, 12:50 PM
So you are telling me the Spurs will be heading into next season with their current PG roation? Can I remind you of this if it doesn't happen?
What I said is that what you deem a “starter-quality” point guard, which in your estimation Tre Jones is not, is not necessary for Wemby’s development.

Lots of things could happen to change the PG rotation. They could draft one in the 2nd round who pans out quickly and displaces Graham and/or Wesley from the rotation (BW belongs in Austin anyway). They could deal Keldon Johnson and get a package back that includes a PG.

Extra Stout
05-24-2023, 12:55 PM
The Suns are in championship contention. CP3 is still good in the regular season, but he gets injured everytime in the playoffs. The Suns' management already realized they will never be able to count with Paul when it matters, that's why they want to get rid of his contract to be able to sign some other guys. The Spurs are one of the few teams that can take on CP3's contract.
If they want to get out of his contract they could just waive him. Only about half of the $30 million is guaranteed.

Davidicus
05-24-2023, 12:56 PM
I like CP3 as a floor general, and him sharing his basketball IQ with all of the young guns. Not a fan of his attitude. Especially if we trade for him now when he's looking for a ring in the twilight of his career, I don't see him being super enthusiastic in training a bunch of young kids. With Vic we should be super cautious about any drama around him.

DAF86
05-24-2023, 12:57 PM
If they want to get out of his contract they could just waive him. Only about half of the $30 million is guaranteed.

Why pay 15 millions when you can find a trade partner and pay nothing?

DAF86
05-24-2023, 12:59 PM
What I said is that what you deem a “starter-quality” point guard, which in your estimation Tre Jones is not, is not necessary for Wemby’s development.

Lots of things could happen to change the PG rotation. They could draft one in the 2nd round who pans out quickly and displaces Graham and/or Wesley from the rotation (BW belongs in Austin anyway). They could deal Keldon Johnson and get a package back that includes a PG.

No, you said that there's no point in keep discussing adding a PG because the priority will be on the PF/C positions. And I doubt that's correct because the PG position is clearly the weakest in the roster.

lefty
05-24-2023, 01:03 PM
Wemby for CP3, do it

Extra Stout
05-24-2023, 01:23 PM
No, you said that there's no point in keep discussing adding a PG because the priority will be on the PF/C positions. And I doubt that's correct because the PG position is clearly the weakest in the roster.
No, what I said is there’s no point in discussing acquiring Chris Paul. If I thought there was no point in adding a point guard by any means, including the draft, I would have said so in the thread about the point guard position that talks about the draft.

I don’t think they NEED a point guard, even though it is the weakest spot on the team.

If the Spurs ended up letting Tre Jones walk, or if some other point guard started over him on opening night, then you could come back to me.

pad300
05-24-2023, 02:22 PM

That's the thing, you probably don't. PHX is reportedly considering paying out his partial guarantee ($15 Million) and cutting him - because next year will be their 3ed year in the lux tax (multiple repeat offender status) and they have roughly $155M in salary committed to 6 players... Cutting him saves the ownership something like $45M this year; trading him for cap space (to the spurs) saves them something on the order of $90M. It is likely they will throw some assets at us to make that happen. He's totally un-guaranteed the year after, so all it costs us is the cap space and a roster spot for 1 year. This year's FA class kind of sucks... So rolling the space to next summer, while getting paid for it, and getting a guy who's as good or better a PG as we could as an FA looks pretty attractive to me. Especially because everyone in the locker room knows he's not there for long, so he won't have much influence; which minimizes his personality issues.

Mr. Body
05-24-2023, 02:40 PM
I see Phoenix msg boards rather discussion stretching Paul. If they do, immediately under the tax apron. Or he turns into an asset that helps another team in trade just in salary alone.

JPB
05-24-2023, 02:45 PM
It's not worth losing whaterver it would take to get a washed up Paul for 1 or 2 years (if he can actually stay on the court). You know you won't get anything back for him. No point.

DAF86
05-24-2023, 02:45 PM
No, what I said is there’s no point in discussing acquiring Chris Paul. If I thought there was no point in adding a point guard by any means, including the draft, I would have said so in the thread about the point guard position that talks about the draft.

I don’t think they NEED a point guard, even though it is the weakest spot on the team.

If the Spurs ended up letting Tre Jones walk, or if some other point guard started over him on opening night, then you could come back to me.

Sure, you said Chris Paul isn't coming but those two sentences, one after the other, makes it seem like the topic that doesn't need more typing is acquiring a PG, since PF/C is the priority according to you.

Extra Stout
05-24-2023, 02:53 PM
Sure, you said Chris Paul isn't coming but those two sentences, one after the other, makes it seem like the topic that doesn't need more typing is acquiring a PG, since PF/C is the priority according to you.
Fine. Acquisitions through trades or free agency. Does that make my intent clear?

tmtcsc
05-24-2023, 02:53 PM
Hell to the Naw on CP3 coming here. He's a totally washed vet that wears out his welcome wherever he goes. I fully expect this team to make the playoffs next year without him. Not the play-in, the playoffs. The Spurs will be smart to get some veteran help in to start the winning now. A nice mix of young and experienced players. i wouldn't judge the Spurs based on last season. It was an intentional effort to lose as many games as needed to have a chance at #1. They rested guys with paper cuts and other fake injuries.

Wemby
Sochan
Vassell
Johnson
Collins
McDermott
Jones

Those guys provide a good base. I wouldn't trade the top 3 but everyone else is expendable for the right deals. Bring in a veteran Big like Poetl or Lopez to allow Wemby to play 3 or 4. Get another Pg in too.

ChumpDumper
05-24-2023, 02:55 PM
I don't think the ownership group will want to spend that money on such an old player when looking at the maximum potential profit dependent only on Wemby's playing most of the games the next couple seasons.

libertarian4321
05-25-2023, 04:59 PM
If they get CP3, they'd also need to buy him a year's membership in AARP.

thOOdee
06-07-2023, 04:34 PM
with chris paul now a free agent, any change of hearts? would love tmvp's take.

spurraider21
06-07-2023, 04:54 PM
should claim him off waivers imo

DAF86
06-07-2023, 04:55 PM

With Chris Paul now a free agent, there's no chance of him signing with the Spurs. He will go ring chasing somewhere.

jesterbobman
06-07-2023, 04:56 PM
I was down for it before depending on the other options for use of cap space. With him being a free agent, same applies.

I think the interesting possibility is what contending teams he wants to sign for, and what they might do to be able to give him something above the minimum / build out with him for contention.

E.g., would the Clippers be more inclined to creating space by trading Batum / Covington (and other bits and pieces like declining Eric Gordon's )?

I think the Lakers seems most likely as the team he goes to (Boston no $$, Denver as a back up, Didin't seem like best buds with Harden in Philly (and they're not a top level contender if he goes).... If the Lakers know pre draft, would they do #17 for 33, Charlotte pick and one of the 2024 seconds on draft day?
Slightly improves cap space for them, gives them more assets, might let us get up to Bufkin / Cason range.

spurraider21
06-07-2023, 05:03 PM
With Chris Paul now a free agent, there's no chance of him signing with the Spurs. He will go ring chasing somewhere.
can put in a waiver claim tbh

exstatic
06-07-2023, 08:52 PM
can put in a waiver claim tbh

It would have to be on this year’s cap, since the drop dead cut date is 28 June, and I don’t think we have enough remaining cap room.

Seventyniner
06-08-2023, 09:07 AM
It would have to be on this year’s cap, since the drop dead cut date is 28 June, and I don’t think we have enough remaining cap room.

Shamsports shows the Spurs with $26.9M in cap room and Paul's contract is $28.4M. Both figures are for the 2022-2023 season.

The article said the Suns haven't yet decided on exactly what they will do, but if a team could claim Paul straight up it would prevent him from re-signing with the Suns (assuming that's even allowed) or joining a contender. But if the Spurs don't have enough cap room then I don't think any team does.

Ignazzz
06-08-2023, 10:26 AM
Shamsports shows the Spurs with $26.9M in cap room and Paul's contract is $28.4M. Both figures are for the 2022-2023 season.

The article said the Suns haven't yet decided on exactly what they will do, but if a team could claim Paul straight up it would prevent him from re-signing with the Suns (assuming that's even allowed) or joining a contender. But if the Spurs don't have enough cap room then I don't think any team does.

HOU and IND has cap space

Mr. Body
06-08-2023, 10:30 AM
Claiming Paul off waivers just puts you on the hook for an outrageous salary and probably pisses him the fuckk off.

Mr. Body
06-08-2023, 10:34 AM
The vet PG you really want is Michael Conley.

He has an odd situation. His full contract isn't guaranteed next year. If he's waived, the Wolves are on the hook for only like $15 of his $25 million salary. Except this doesn't help their cap numbers a ton and I think 100% they'd rather keep him after stupid-mouth gossipqueen DLo. Conley is a good leader, steady hand on the court, and clutch.

Just don't think you can prise him away.

exstatic
06-08-2023, 10:46 AM
HOU and IND has cap space

It has to be 2022-2023 cap space to make a waiver claim, since he must be waived by June 28th. Both teams burned all of their 2022-2023 cap space at the deadline. We are literally the only game in town with $22M in remaining cap space. It's not enough for CP0, but someone else may get waived in the same period of time,

MultiTroll
06-08-2023, 11:48 AM
Shit stain should come no were near a Spurs jersey.

LoL to thinking he's the missing piece to a chip for other teams or a mentor of any sort.

Shitty commercials too.
Knows where the dead bodies are or something. Unreal how he and Derek Swisher extort the NBA.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-08-2023, 01:16 PM
This is a case to think DAF86 and his takes should be ignored as foolishness.

Ef-man
06-08-2023, 02:47 PM

Hard to imagine a team paying that much for a PG that has been limited so much by injuries, no matter how good he was in past seasons.

TheChillFactor
06-08-2023, 03:13 PM
Luckily we didn't trade for him because now he's going to be waived.

Why people think they understand the nba with these corny 2K roster moves is BEYOND ME.

Let me guess, you wanted to offer Keldon for him lol. see sig...

DAF86
06-08-2023, 04:39 PM

From which group are you, the ones that want Wemby at PG, or the ones that want to surround him with non-shooters?

FuzzyLumpkins
06-08-2023, 05:34 PM
From which group are you, the ones that want Wemby at PG, or the ones that want to surround him with non-shooters?

The group that thinks your takes are bad.

JPB
06-08-2023, 06:04 PM

He has an odd situation. His full contract isn't guaranteed next year. If he's waived, the Wolves are on the hook for only like $15 of his $25 million salary. Except this doesn't help their cap numbers a ton and I think 100% they'd rather keep him after stupid-mouth gossipqueen DLo. Conley is a good leader, steady hand on the court, and clutch.

Yeah, I also checked his contract situation a couple weeks ago since I would love him in SA and money speaking there's no real reason for Minny to waive him, which is probably irrelevant since they traded D-Lo precisely for Conley's experience and steadiness. Their season was disappointing overall but he really brought poise and whatever talent he still has to show (let's not forget how good of a player he was), to make for the headcases KAT, Edwards and to some extend Gobert are...

I don't see how spurs could get him, not to mention that if for some reason Minny would waive him, he would certainly get a lot of offers from contenders. Would he chase a ring or accept a big SA offer instead for the incredible, rare, come on! chance to play with Wemby...? There's always the possibilty Minny trade him at some point this season.

ducks
06-08-2023, 09:01 PM
should claim him off waivers imo

For what
How to get injured and not play in playoffs and not win title

ducks
06-08-2023, 09:09 PM

Because it matters to him not the gm of the spurs ?

DAF86
06-08-2023, 09:31 PM
The group that thinks your takes are bad.

Well, it is expected for people that think Wemby could play as a PG to disagree with me, tbh.

DAF86
06-08-2023, 09:35 PM

Also, I don't get why do you think this take should be "ignored as foolishness". Do you have something against taking market opportunities on hall of fame PGs?

DAF86
06-08-2023, 09:40 PM

Why settle for the lesser player?

tonight...you
06-08-2023, 09:46 PM
Also, I don't get why do you think this take should be "ignored as foolishness". Do you have something against taking market opportunities on hall of fame PGs?
I do when they're obviously breaking and slowing down when they've already been breaking down for years and they're also approaching 40 and they've never shown themselves to be a mentor other than being a prick to guys who he thinks don't want to win.

I wonder how prickly he'd be under a Pop tutelage.
He'd also tell all of the Spurs players to take as much money as they can at all opportunities and F the team.

I tell you, I can't wait to have that on the team!

DAF86
06-08-2023, 09:54 PM
I do when they're obviously breaking and slowing down when they've already been breaking down for years and they're also approaching 40 and they've never shown themselves to be a mentor other than being a prick to guys who he thinks don't want to win.

I wonder how prickly he'd be under a Pop tutelage.
He'd also tell all of the Spurs players to take as much money as they can at all opportunities and F the team.

I tell you, I can't wait to have that on the team!

He breaks down in the playoffs, we don't need to care about that just yet. The rest is just speculation from you guys rooted on a clear disgust for the guy.

I can understand not wanting to add Paul so as to not take minutes away from the young guys, but prefering to add Conley over Paul, just because you find the former more likeable than the other is dumb, imho. If the Spurs were to add a veteran PG, they should aim at the better player possible, imho.

tonight...you
06-08-2023, 10:02 PM
He breaks down in the playoffs, we don't need to care about that just yet. The rest is just speculation from you guys rooted on a clear disgust for the guy.

I can understand not wanting to add Paul so as to not take minutes away from the young guys, but prefering to add Conley over Paul, just because you find the former more likeable than the other is dumb, imho. If the Spurs were to add a veteran PG, they should aim at the better player possible, imho.
You guys. Can you generalize any harder?
Facts are facts and you can live in some sort of fantasy land where he's not an aging, broken PG.
I said nothing about Conley.

CP3 is not the player for this team at this juncture.

Sorry.

DAF86
06-08-2023, 10:07 PM
You guys. Can you generalize any harder?
Facts are facts and you can live in some sort of fantasy land where he's not an aging, broken PG.
I said nothing about Conley.

CP3 is not the player for this team at this juncture.

Sorry.

Your problem seems to be that you think I want Paul to be some kind of piece for the future, where I just want him as a stopgap for a year or two to teach the young guys how to play the pick and roll and get Wemby some easy baskets, and not suck as bad as this past season.

tonight...you
06-08-2023, 10:16 PM
Your problem seems to be that you think I want Paul to be some kind of piece for the future, where I just want him as a stopgap for a year or two to teach the young guys how to play the pick and roll and get Wemby some easy baskets, and not suck as bad as this past season.
Well good luck with that reality coming to fruition.
Salud.

ambchang
06-09-2023, 05:47 AM

Paul has a history of wearing out welcomes and marginalizing his non buddy teammates throughout his career. He is well known as the union rep who negotiated a deal that benefitted himself and his superstar buddies while screwing over the rest of the players, who are players who voted for him to do a professional job representing them.

He had zero examples of mentoring any young point guards. I can’t think of one who improved their pnr game playing with Paul.

TDomination
06-09-2023, 06:10 AM
The only aging mentors I want for this upcoming season is Duncan, Manu and or Parker.

exstatic
06-09-2023, 06:28 AM
Why settle for the lesser player?

Younger, better defender, better shooter.

Ocotillo
06-09-2023, 06:50 AM
I believe where Paul got the rep to some as mentoring younger players is from his stint in OKC when a mostly young team overpeformed while he was there. Count me on the side that wishes him well but does not want him on this team. I do buy into the theory he would be harmful to team chemistry. He needs to go play with other 30+ players.

(edited to add) someone commented on how Pop would handle him and my thought is he is who he is at age 38 and Pop is not going to "change" that.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-09-2023, 08:00 AM
Well, it is expected for people that think Wemby could play as a PG to disagree with me, tbh.

And the bad takes keep on coming.

DAF86
06-09-2023, 11:03 AM
And the bad takes keep on coming.

That wasn't even a take. :lol

spurraider21
06-09-2023, 11:49 AM

Mr. Body
06-09-2023, 11:51 AM

We've got to create content. Here is content.

Spurs Brazil
06-09-2023, 01:49 PM
1. What’s next for Chris Paul?
Just a few hours before Game 3, the NBA world was rocked by the news that the Phoenix Suns might move on from point guard Chris Paul this offseason; he might get waived, stretched, or traded. If the Suns do move Paul, sources around the NBA are whispering about three potential destinations: the Clippers, the Lakers, and the Spurs.

Russell Westbrook’s success with the Clippers showed the formula for having a ball-dominant point guard set up Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, so a Lob City reunion for CP3 would make the most sense for basketball reasons. Though it’d be pretty strange to see him return.

RELATED

San Antonio would be a fascinating fit, and it’s probably my favorite one overall. Paul could make life easier on offense for Wembanyama and serve as a mentor who can teach him the ways of the pick-and-roll. Paul was immensely beneficial for Deandre Ayton, instructing him how to set screens at certain angles and read the defense. But Wembanyama could be even more of a sponge. Devin Vassell, Keldon Johnson, and Jeremy Sochan would also benefit from Paul’s creation, so with CP3, plus some other moves, the Spurs could compete for the playoffs.

Paul’s preference appears to be staying on the West Coast, though. But Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix says the Celtics, Heat, and Grizzlies could also pursue him.

While I haven’t heard whether they’re interested yet, the Bucks and Sixers (if James Harden leaves) would also have to consider calling. Milwaukee (and Boston, for that matter) would likely need to sign Paul after he’s bought out, not acquire him via a trade, because his $30.8 million contract complicates salary matching. Of these East contenders, Philadelphia is the most interesting destination for Paul, though only as a Harden replacement.

Depending on how the next few weeks unfold, we could witness a game of point guard musical chairs. We’ll see where the Point God lands.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2023/6/9/23755149/nba-trades-rumors-chris-paul-damian-lillard

FuzzyLumpkins
06-09-2023, 02:46 PM
That wasn't even a take. :lol

Your premise was that "people who disagree with you think Wemby is a PG."

It's a shit take. Congratulations.

DAF86
06-09-2023, 02:49 PM
San Antonio would be a fascinating fit, and it’s probably my favorite one overall. Paul could make life easier on offense for Wembanyama and serve as a mentor who can teach him the ways of the pick-and-roll. Paul was immensely beneficial for Deandre Ayton, instructing him how to set screens at certain angles and read the defense. But Wembanyama could be even more of a sponge. Devin Vassell, Keldon Johnson, and Jeremy Sochan would also benefit from Paul’s creation, so with CP3, plus some other moves, the Spurs could compete for the playoffs.

":cry but he never mentored anyone :cry"

spurraider21
06-09-2023, 02:50 PM
yeah so he's just speculating as a fit, not any actually story of interest

DAF86
06-09-2023, 02:52 PM
Your premise was that "people who disagree with you think Wemby is a PG".

Not only a PG, a SF too. And they think he would be a great fit next to non-shooting players. Those are usually the guys that tend to disagree with me, yeah.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-09-2023, 04:56 PM
Not only a PG, a SF too. And they think he would be a great fit next to non-shooting players. Those are usually the guys that tend to disagree with me, yeah.

So you double down on the stupid. I am now waiting on you trying to make the issue about some inane premise and then insist on it over and over again.

The only take people have IRL is along the lines of your general foolishness and nothing to do with your fantasies about being victimized by basketball takes. You are the one seen as shitposting.

DAF86
06-10-2023, 03:28 PM
So you double down on the stupid. I am now waiting on you trying to make the issue about some inane premise and then insist on it over and over again.

The only take people have IRL is along the lines of your general foolishness and nothing to do with your fantasies about being victimized by basketball takes. You are the one seen as shitposting.

You seem like the type of person that tends to disagree with me, tbh.

Obstructed_View
06-10-2023, 03:54 PM
I don't give a shit how good he was, how good he is, or what he can give to the Spurs. He's a little bitch and I'd consider not rooting for the Spurs if he wore their jersey.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-10-2023, 04:05 PM
I don't give a shit how good he was, how good he is, or what he can give to the Spurs. He's a little bitch and I'd consider not rooting for the Spurs if he wore their jersey.

On the one hand the thought of a leader whining to the refs constantly, playing dirty, and flopping all the time makes me sick. On the other hand I love Tim, Bowen, and Manu.

superbigtime
06-12-2023, 03:57 PM
I would hate to see this jagoff in silver and black.

rankingtear
06-16-2023, 04:03 AM
CP3 is the best vet out there to accelerate Wemby's development. If this guy is going to have a short career, how fast he gets to his early peak is everything.