PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Sochan Trolling Laker Fans

BatManu20
05-18-2023, 10:29 PM
Such an agitator :lol. I love it. My favorite Spur right now tbh. Lakerfan salty af in the replies

Rosewood
05-18-2023, 10:41 PM
:lol If that’s really his twitter, takes a lot of balls to do that after what just happened with Brooks.

laker ‘fans’ are the worst fans in the world.

spursparker9
05-18-2023, 10:42 PM
Poking the bear :lol

offset formation
05-18-2023, 10:50 PM
My favorite part of this is putting King in quotes. LeBron has a loooong memory. Sochan isn't Dillon Brooks though.

Mr. Body
05-18-2023, 10:51 PM
Jeremy Sochan is a dick.

FkLA
05-18-2023, 10:58 PM
Not a fan of that. Hate him or love him, LeGOAT is a legend, tbh.

daslicer
05-18-2023, 10:59 PM
My favorite part of this is putting King in quotes. LeBron has a loooong memory. Sochan isn't Dillon Brooks though.

Lebron is super old now in the sense by the time the Spurs become legit again he won't be able to exact revenge since he will be out of the league or if he's still around he will be washed up.

lefty20
05-18-2023, 11:05 PM
Agitator gonna agitate. Nothing to see here.

Don't see the comp with what Brooks said, tbh.

tim_duncan_fan
05-18-2023, 11:06 PM
Jeremy hasn't remotely done anything in this league. Role players are not supposed to trash-talk stars. I hate the Lakers as much as anyone, but c'mon. Enough of this with people like PatBev and the Memphis dude talking noise with no accomplishments yet.

LeBron does flop ALOT though. That shit is ridiculous.

Flops should be a foul, 3 FTs, and the ball. Kill that shit immediately.

baseline bum
05-18-2023, 11:07 PM
That's stupid if he's trolling players online

ducks
05-18-2023, 11:10 PM
That's stupid if he's trolling players online

he should be trolling biden not players bb?

td4mvp2k
05-18-2023, 11:15 PM
true spur :toast

spursparker9
05-18-2023, 11:25 PM
Now we won't have any chance to sign Lebron for the vet min and his son together

ducks
05-18-2023, 11:27 PM
Now we won't have any chance to sign Lebron for the vet min and his son togethergood floppers suck!

BatManu20
05-18-2023, 11:31 PM

Of course he is. Top-2 player ever. But Lebron flopping like a fish out of water tonight was embarrassing tbh. I have no problem with it. Lebron so used to everyone kissing his ass, I’m glad to see someone actually call him out for once.

BatManu20
05-18-2023, 11:31 PM
Bronsexuals have now (expectedly) taken to IG to attack Sochan in the comment sections of his photos.

mystargtr34
05-18-2023, 11:34 PM
I give it one hour before the Spurs make him delete the tweet tbh.

mikec
05-18-2023, 11:34 PM
I love Jeremy on the court but online trolling is dumb, especially coming from a rookie and going at someone like Lebron.

BatManu20
05-18-2023, 11:38 PM
I love Jeremy on the court but online trolling is dumb, especially coming from a rookie and going at someone like Lebron.

I’d agree if he was talking about his game or performance. But the flopping by Lebron tonight was hilariously bad tbh.

TDomination
05-18-2023, 11:41 PM
spurs players please just stay away from twitter/IG/Facebook...etc.
its a waste of time anyways.

BackHome
05-18-2023, 11:42 PM
Lebron was flopping around like a dying fish

SPURt
05-18-2023, 11:50 PM
It’s nice to see Wembanyama has given extra confidence to the Spurs :lol

Mr. Body
05-18-2023, 11:52 PM

He went after Westbrook before the season started.

Philthemage
05-18-2023, 11:55 PM
Now we won't have any chance to sign Lebron for the vet min and his son together

Would never ever want him. Each team he leaves has to rebuild from scratch because of his demands to gut the roster.

daslicer
05-18-2023, 11:57 PM
I'm not offended by what Jeremy did. I watched the game and Lebron had some ridiculous like flops in game 2. There was one in 4th where he flopped like Jokic had just knocked him out when there was little to no contact. I did laugh when Jokic got him back on the next play with a flop his own to even it out.

MultiTroll
05-19-2023, 12:17 AM
Manu Ginobili sons.

Don't be hatin on Lebron.

Mugen
05-19-2023, 12:21 AM
Valid question, tbh. Why is a guy in the GOAT convo flopping around like prime Vlade/Manu out there? :lol

SpurPadre
05-19-2023, 12:53 AM
Not the Spurs way. Grow up, Jeremy. You're lucky Pop doesn't read that shit or he'd "He needs to get over himself" the fuck out of you next season.

John B
05-19-2023, 12:58 AM

LeSoft. Sorry I have no respect for players who take the easy way, and then proclaim himself the goat??

taps
05-19-2023, 01:28 AM
The man has chutzpah and a little nasty

EricB
05-19-2023, 01:30 AM

point to where he lied

EricB
05-19-2023, 01:32 AM
Not the Spurs way. Grow up, Jeremy. You're lucky Pop doesn't read that shit or he'd "He needs to get over himself" the fuck out of you next season.

Duncan held up a toy gun to a fake Joey Crawford at a Halloween party.

this is nothing compared to that

heyheymymy
05-19-2023, 01:36 AM
lebron sucks

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-19-2023, 02:02 AM
FTL

heyheymymy
05-19-2023, 02:12 AM
lol good for Jeremy man fuck lebron

Lebron is a fraud plastic product not a player

Sochan is actually a real basketball player

r0drig0lac
05-19-2023, 05:18 AM
dumb as fuck.

RC_Drunkford
05-19-2023, 05:23 AM
Oh no!!! He tweeted!!! Trade him!!! He's not a culture fit

timtonymanu
05-19-2023, 05:27 AM
Meh as long as he isn't flashing his Primo to other women, then we're good.

ambchang
05-19-2023, 07:16 AM
Not smart. Has to have some level of respect for the legends of the league. Let your game do the talking, not your twitter.

John B
05-19-2023, 07:20 AM
Honest observation by the rookie though.

emanueldavidginobili
05-19-2023, 07:22 AM
CsaPjQaM5KE

Bleacherreport posted it too now lol.

mo7888
05-19-2023, 07:23 AM
I'm really not sure why anybody on here has a problem with that? Lebron has been a flopper and whiner for years. I have no issue with him pointing that out. It puts pressure on Sochan to live up to a certain level now, but being a top 10 pick that pressure was going to be there anyway.

No big deal to me..

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-19-2023, 07:24 AM
Seriously, once the Spurs are back in it and relevant again he'll be one of the most hated players in the league.

Hopefully he channels his 'unfazed by anyone/anything' energy the right way.

JPB
05-19-2023, 07:25 AM
pop needs to get over himself it isnt 2005.........social media rules the world.......these spurs r going to be superstars on social media u no longer need espn for that.....no longer will spurs players be called boring.......

Lol, social media run nothing, precisely. That's where you go, as a deluded, mostly younger and mosty uneducated person, when you have no power, influence, confidence, and life basically, to buy yourself some empty, virtual validation or intelligence from other people like you who actually don't give more fuck about you than you care about them..

And eventually where you get undoctrinated by wackos with nonsensical conspiracy theories to feel like you're smarter than the "sheeps" when you are the sheep. The vast majority of the world is not on social media. Sure they may be registered but the number of active people there are a minority, and mostly younger ones with no influence on the world, other than doing violent, crazy things like storming the Capitol because some guru told them to do so.

Degoat
05-19-2023, 07:28 AM
Didn’t lebron and Jeremy have some beef in a game against each other or am I getting mixed up?

JPB
05-19-2023, 07:31 AM
I'm really not sure why anybody on here has a problem with that? Lebron has been a flopper and whiner for years. I have no issue with him pointing that out. It puts pressure on Sochan to live up to a certain level now, but being a top 10 pick that pressure was going to be there anyway.

No big deal to me..

I do have a problem with that. That's terribly childish, and yes dumb. You just don't call out another player like that, no matter if you're right or wrong, specially when you're nobody and you're talking about a legend. You also have to remember that you're not just representing yourself but your team. That's what a fan would say, not a player and you're bringing shit back on the spurs too. I'l sure he'll hear from Wright, we just got Wemby don't bring some negative vibes on SA.

John B
05-19-2023, 07:36 AM
Didn’t lebron and Jeremy have some beef in a game against each other or am I getting mixed up?

That was Morris. Sochan suplexed his shit

We’re learning more about Sochan everyday. This kid does not backdown on anyone. Somebody mentioned Wemby needs an enforcer? Well meet Sochan. I’m sure he got his back.

mo7888
05-19-2023, 07:38 AM
I do have a problem with that. That's terribly childish, and yes dumb. You just don't call out another player like that, no matter if you're right or wrong, specially when you're nobody and you're talking about a legend. You also have to remember that you're not just representing yourself but your team. That's what a fan would say, not a player and you're bringing shit back on the spurs too. I'l sure he'll hear from Wright, we just got Wemby don't bring some negative vibes on SA.

I don't see someone saying 'hey, the Suns rising in the east' as a big deal.... lebron flopping is just as certain.... if he said he was to old...or washed up....then I'd agree, but this isn't news....fake or otherwise...

K...
05-19-2023, 07:42 AM
This? This is like the mildest game thread comment being amplified by the most brain dead content click websites. Luckily lebron can take it and this is a non story

Also no one answered jeremy so Here's my take: he flops because hes too TOSB to fight and needs the refs on his side. Savvy veteran stuff like kobe before him

John B
05-19-2023, 07:43 AM

You know he’s coming from Europe. This is really what people views NBA basketball. It has become soft, flopping even from the so called “goat.” I’m sure Sochan can back it up. I don’t think he was even trolling. The kid was giving his honest observation and there’s very much truth to it.

The social media is divided. LeSoft’s fans are calling out Sochan as expected. Yet the other half is agreeing. The self-proclaim “goat” is fake like his flops.

InRareForm
05-19-2023, 08:03 AM

I was thinking that too. 100% chance he doesn't do that tweet if we got 5th pick :lol

daslicer
05-19-2023, 08:29 AM
Oh no!!! He tweeted!!! Trade him!!! He's not a culture fit

Agreed people in here getting emotional about this tweet are idiots. Yes, you may not like his trash talking but it's not like he committed some cardinal sin like Ja Morant did the other day. These emotional posters need to get over it not everybody can be humble like the original big 3.

Dex
05-19-2023, 08:41 AM
CsaPjQaM5KE

Bleacherreport posted it too now lol.

The answer to Jeremy's question is....it works. LeBron drew a foul call with those flops.

Jokic came back down and did the same thing with his own flop.

I don't subscribe to this whole "respect your elders" or "respect the legends" notion in the NBA. I like the fact that Sochan isn't backing down to anyone.

That said, LeBron has been known to keep receipts, so Jeremy better be ready to play next time they face off. If you're going to run your mouth on social media, you better be ready to back it up.

JuneJive
05-19-2023, 08:53 AM
Fuck the Lakers and from there fuck LeBron.

What's the issue here?

SpurPadre
05-19-2023, 09:00 AM
Duncan held up a toy gun to a fake Joey Crawford at a Halloween party.

this is nothing compared to that

I mean, Sochan is nothing compared to the GOAT PF who already brought in multiple Championships at that point. And after getting unfairly tossed by Crawford, I’m sure Pop gladly made that exception anyway.

BillMc
05-19-2023, 09:09 AM
Well said, Jeremy. Well said!

Mr. Body
05-19-2023, 09:14 AM
I mean, Gen Z aren't fans of Boomers or the Silent Generation or whatever age cohort LeBron is in.

flox
05-19-2023, 09:14 AM
He got that dawg in him. Respect Sochan for this.

RC_Drunkford
05-19-2023, 09:24 AM
a bunch of pussies in this thread. I still remember us blowing out the Cavs and when David Lee pushed LeBron in the back he was laying on the floor for 5 minutes and faked a back injury so he can get subbed out while the Cavs were down 30

HankChinaski
05-19-2023, 09:35 AM
Who cares it is such a small comment that if you are that thin skinned to react to it well I feel sorry for you

JPB
05-19-2023, 09:43 AM
You know he’s coming from Europe. This is really what people views NBA basketball. It has become soft, flopping even from the so called “goat.” I’m sure Sochan can back it up. I don’t think he was even trolling. The kid was giving his honest observation and there’s very much truth to it.

The social media is divided. LeSoft’s fans are calling out Sochan as expected. Yet the other half is agreeing. The self-proclaim “goat” is fake like his flops.

Again, not talking about his point, but the fact he's a player not a random fan or hater... And that's not just the flopping stuff but how he puts "the King" into quotes, mocking the nickname, and suggesting he's an impostor or something.

Do you see Wemby tweeting this? And what happens then?

Leetonidas
05-19-2023, 09:45 AM
The amount of pearl clutching in this thread is hilarious

JPB
05-19-2023, 09:46 AM
Who cares it is such a small comment that if you are that thin skinned to react to it well I feel sorry for you

"Who cares, he's old" was also a small comment. Ask Memphis if they don't care. Brooks litterally lost his job there because of that... If Sochan continues like that, he won't stay a spur long.

Mr. Body
05-19-2023, 09:55 AM
"Who cares, he's old" was also a small comment. Ask Memphis if they don't care. Brooks litterally lost his job there because of that... If Sochan continues like that, he won't stay a spur long.

Brooks lost his job because he's fucking terrible.

Teamduncan21
05-19-2023, 09:57 AM

Nah. As long as he plays well it shoumbt matter.

TDomination
05-19-2023, 09:58 AM
i hate social media. its a waste of time.

but what i do like is it seems we may have our Bruce. the guy who gets on every superstars nerves. we need that.
and he can definitely play some tenacious D as we saw that quite often last season. i'm excited to see what he can do with a superstar next to him.

rjv
05-19-2023, 10:03 AM
it was an epic flop; chris paul would have given it five stars.

Extra Stout
05-19-2023, 10:11 AM
Sochan’s own mother told him to “be cheeky.” Irritation is his thing. It’s up to LeBron to dump 50 on the Spurs in response.

JPB
05-19-2023, 10:14 AM
Brooks lost his job because he's fucking terrible.

Nah. As long as he plays well it shoumbt matter.

Read Memphis' owner commenst after their PO elimination. He's taking direct shot at Brooks explaining they're gonna have a different attitude as far as provoking our opponents next year...

JPB
05-19-2023, 10:16 AM
i hate social media. its a waste of time.

but what i do like is it seems we may have our Bruce. the guy who gets on every superstars nerves. we need that.
and he can definitely play some tenacious D as we saw that quite often last season. i'm excited to see what he can do with a superstar next to him.

Bruce was the opposite, a low key guy who was letting his game talk for himself, which is what smart guys do, not "poking bears' on Twitter.

Mr. Body
05-19-2023, 10:16 AM
Read Memphis' owner commenst after their PO elimination. He's taking direct shot at Brooks explaining they're gonna have a different attitude as far as provoking our opponents next year...

Let me ask again, Would Wemby do that? Ofc he wouldn't, because as a future great and respect Lebron...

If LeBron deserves respect he needs to stop flopping so much. This ESPN-enforced attitude where we cannot criticize celebrity royalty is bizarre. Like we're not supposed to point out that Elon Musk is a fucking imbecile. We have to worship these people.

slick'81
05-19-2023, 10:18 AM
Sochan gives zero fcks

daslicer
05-19-2023, 10:23 AM
If LeBron deserves respect he needs to stop flopping so much. This ESPN-enforced attitude where we cannot criticize celebrity royalty is bizarre. Like we're not supposed to point out that Elon Musk is a fucking imbecile. We have to worship these people.

Agreed it's nuts and I say this as someone who's not into talking trash, but I still believe people are free to say what they want to say. Nobody is infallible.

Joseph Kony
05-19-2023, 10:25 AM
so y'all are fine with him pinching nipples and judo throwing players but he calls someone a flopper on twitter and everyones panties are in a bunch? :lol

fuck that. keep talking shit Jeremy. we need some non-pussies on this team

Trill Clinton
05-19-2023, 10:25 AM
99% of the NBA flops. Jokic flopped right after Bron did lol

JPB
05-19-2023, 10:26 AM
The answer to Jeremy's question is....it works. LeBron drew a foul call with those flops.

Jokic came back down and did the same thing with his own flop.

I don't subscribe to this whole "respect your elders" or "respect the legends" notion in the NBA. I like the fact that Sochan isn't backing down to anyone.

That said, LeBron has been known to keep receipts, so Jeremy better be ready to play next time they face off. If you're going to open your run mouth on social media, you better be ready to back it up.

that's kind of the whole point. We're not comparing Lebron and Sochan here, right? Ofc, nobody died and that's not that big of an affair but that's like a bar singer mocking Mickael Jackson for his "heehees!

And I do subscribe to the "respect te legends" thing, they are the ones who made or kept the NBA as it is, the ones people pay to watch and remember, and the ones who made you want to play the game... They are the ones who make all the Sochans of the world rich too. Nobody cares about Sochan or get a ticket (outisde of SA) to see him play, and you have to be conscious of that as a rookie or you wo'nt go very far. Not just of Lebron will see this, the entire NBA is seeing it too, including other stars who will show you every night who you really are... which is not Lebron.

Try to show something and make a name for yourself before opening your mouth, because all most people know about Sochan now is basically this.

BatManu20
05-19-2023, 10:30 AM
The hate comments under his latest IG post have ramped up this morning. Lebron really does have an army of Bronsexuals ready to die for him at a moment’s notice. It’s hilarious tbh :lol

Rosewood
05-19-2023, 10:30 AM
"Who cares, he's old" was also a small comment. Ask Memphis if they don't care. Brooks litterally lost his job there because of that... If Sochan continues like that, he won't stay a spur long. :cry:cry

Extra Stout
05-19-2023, 10:33 AM
JS: Pop why you trade me to Toronto

Pop: you dissed LeBron :cry

JPB
05-19-2023, 10:36 AM
JS: Pop why you trade me to Toronto

Pop: you dissed LeBron :cry

... Plus all the other dumb things you did after that, including being ejected in an important PO game, because you have that "dawg" in you, Stephen Jackson style...

John B
05-19-2023, 10:41 AM
Sochan gives zero fcks

Yep :lol

spurraider21
05-19-2023, 10:42 AM
Jeremy Sochan is a dick.
But he’s our dick

The Truth #6
05-19-2023, 10:43 AM
I don’t think it’s a big deal, unless it was during a playoff series. This feels like he was just making an impulsive comment, just like he did with Westbrook. I think this is part of his fearlessness, and you just have to roll with it, and actually try to enjoy it.

John B
05-19-2023, 10:47 AM
The hate comments under his latest IG post have ramped up this morning. Lebron really does have an army of Bronsexuals ready to die for him at a moment’s notice. It’s hilarious tbh :lol

And some at ST :lol

Pop: Why’d you do that for?
JS: It is what I do Pop :D
Pop: Okay, carry on kid :pop:

Extra Stout
05-19-2023, 10:48 AM
... Plus all the other dumb things you did after that, including being ejected in an important PO game, because you have that "dawg" in you, Stephen Jackson style...If they ship him off now because he’s going to blow a playoff game three years from now, does that create a time paradox? Will it open a black hole inside AT&T Center?

John B
05-19-2023, 10:50 AM
Barkeley was also a big mouth, no brakes on that mouth of his. But he backs it up.

Sochan is also like that. He says what he wants to say. And I know he’ll back it up.

Spurs need a player like Jeremy.

Extra Stout
05-19-2023, 10:54 AM
I’ll be honest, I didn’t like his doing it. You want to call LeFlop LeFlop, do it to his face on the court and then back it up. Duncan would have said, “Good form” and then helped him up. Trolling on IG is weak. But then again I’m an old and I hate social media.

Dex
05-19-2023, 10:56 AM
Barkeley was also a big mouth, no brakes on that mouth of his. But he backs it up.

Sochan is also like that. He says what he wants to say. And I know he’ll back it up.

Agreed. It's not like he called his momma a ho or anything...he called out something which is blatantly obvious. And if it offends LeBron, it's because he knows its true.

I don't condone shit-talking, but I would say calling this "talking shit" would be a stretch. But of course, everyone takes things personally these days.

Comparing him to Dillon Brooks who was actively getting in LeBron's face in playoff games and calling him out in the media is just silly. That is how you really poke the bear.

superbigtime
05-19-2023, 11:40 AM
That crap should be beneath any Spur, especially a Polish rookie. At least he didn't capitalize every word.

spurraider21
05-19-2023, 11:46 AM
where's Zipper Nation on this forum when you need him

daslicer
05-19-2023, 11:46 AM

Spurs won't be a relevant playoff team for at least 3-4 years by then Lebron will be 41-42. I don't fear a 41-42 Lebron taking out the Spurs. Dumb comparison to make it. I don't see how he can screw over the Spurs like he did to Brooks and the Grizzlies. Lebron and the Spurs are on two different trajectories they will never be rivals again.

Extra Stout
05-19-2023, 11:50 AM
JS: why you dunk on me :cry

Bronny: five years ago you said my dad flopped

spurraider21
05-19-2023, 11:59 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/7me4hn.jpg

LoneStarState'sPride
05-19-2023, 12:49 PM
Jeremy hasn't remotely done anything in this league. Role players are not supposed to trash-talk stars.

Kids these days don't back down from anyone tbh. I think it's a good thing. We're shedding a bit of the boring/schoolboy label.

MultiTroll
05-19-2023, 01:12 PM

Chuck Barkley did 20 + 13 beginning his 2nd season. Along with kick ass D.
Continued, even added to it for 10 more years.

Remains to be seen if Sochan can sniff that.
Factor in todays inflated #s also with all the rule changes favoring offense.

lefty
05-19-2023, 01:13 PM
Oh no, not again

lefty
05-19-2023, 01:13 PM

Chuck?
defense?

:lmao

MultiTroll
05-19-2023, 01:14 PM
Valid question, tbh. Why is a guy in the GOAT convo flopping around like prime Vlade/Manu out there? :lol
As stated upthread Lebron may have jacked his ankle again adding to his existing knee.
Perhaps just doing whatever had to be done to score points, since Stern Jr. isn't doing shit to clean up flopping.

slick'81

sochan isnt also throwing drunks through windows:lol

CorrectCrusader
Sochan is Him for this

lefty
05-19-2023, 01:15 PM
99% of the NBA flops. Jokic flopped right after Bron did lol
Jokic and Bron have to flop, they get fouled a lot and don'T get calls especially Joker

MultiTroll
05-19-2023, 01:18 PM
sochan isnt also throwing drunks through windows:lol
Guy totally deserved it.

Plus i thought todays kids *don't back down to anything*

For all Chucks blow hardy, he showed humility in listening to Mo Malone who pointed out he was fat and was never going to excell and reach his potential if he stayed Fatty.
Chuck took it to heart and lost weight.

Fatty Zion different story. Todays NBA kids aren't backing down to any cheeseburger.

JPB
05-19-2023, 01:24 PM
I guess by some people standards in this thread, Manu doesn't deserve respect and accolades since he was twice the flopper Lebron ever will be... How ironic to see peeps tainting Lebron's legacy and hating on him for the exact same reason fans from other teams hated on Manu who helped make flopping an art in the NBA... And I'm an unconditional Manu fan...

I'm sure the same people who hate on Lebron were defending Manu and laughing at his haters from other different fan bases... Double standard or hypocrisy, I don't know.

CorrectCrusader
05-19-2023, 01:34 PM
I guess by some people standards in this thread, Manu doesn't deserve respect and accolades since he was twice the flopper Lebron ever will be... How ironic to see peeps tainting Lebron's legacy and hating on him for the exact same reason fans from other teams hated on Manu who helped make flopping an art in the NBA... And I'm an unconditional Manu fan...

I'm sure the same people who hate on Lebron were defending Manu and laughing at his haters from other different fan bases... Double standard or hypocrisy, I don't know.

It's simple. When the player I likes does it, I don't care.
When a player I don't like does it. It makes them lame!

K...
05-19-2023, 01:50 PM

When did this become about lebron? First do you remember how many people did call out manus flops?.it wasn't some secret. Its the same motive too, manu was selling fouls.

Second calling lebron a flopped doesn't impair his legacy in any wry

BackHome
05-19-2023, 01:55 PM

Welcome to the world 2023 so glad to see you back.

Leetonidas
05-19-2023, 02:30 PM

Lol what are you even talking about man. It's not that serious

lefty
05-19-2023, 02:51 PM
Sochan gives zero fcks
That"s exactly what Amy told her trainer about Tim during her fitness assessment.

T Park
05-19-2023, 03:46 PM
I mean, Sochan is nothing compared to the GOAT PF who already brought in multiple Championships at that point. And after getting unfairly tossed by Crawford, I’m sure Pop gladly made that exception anyway.

Lmfao

dbestpro
05-19-2023, 03:56 PM
No big deal. Go out on any court for the past 50 years, and young and old alike talk shit. It's part of the game; today we have social media to amplify the message.

JohnnyMax
05-19-2023, 04:00 PM
https://twitter.com/JeremySochan/status/1659388861145927681

3&D_TBH
05-19-2023, 06:47 PM
Maybe Sochan doesn’t believe Lebron is “the king.” Lol. I love it. Shit talking is fine if you can back it up. Pretty clear to me that he can. Who the hell is gonna score against Sochan and Wemby anyway? Haha. Let’s go! It’s not the time to worry about some old fashion shit talking. It’s great for the game tbh. Let’s fucking go!

Mugen
05-19-2023, 06:51 PM
The amount of pearl clutching in this thread is hilarious

BatManu20
05-20-2023, 10:03 PM
Sochan ain’t done :lol. Just posted this after the Nuggets took a 3-0 lead in the series. And lakerfan in the replies are losing their minds

Mr. Body
05-20-2023, 10:09 PM

I hated when Manu flopped.

But he didn't do it throughout his career. He stopped fairly early on.

Frenchfred
05-20-2023, 10:14 PM
Sochan ain’t done :lol. Just posted this after the Nuggets took a 3-0 lead in the series. And lakerfan in the replies are losing their minds

not super smart from Sohan

td4mvp2k
05-20-2023, 10:18 PM

Mr. Body

au contraire - spurs are supposed to hate the lakers.

K...

Let the boy watch basketball. Sochan is a taller and can back it up

Mugen
05-20-2023, 10:49 PM

RC_Drunkford
05-20-2023, 11:00 PM
I love it. Fuck the Lakers

Mr. Body
05-20-2023, 11:06 PM
On the verge of the Cs and Ls getting wrecked in the CFs. Absolutey superb. Chef's kiss.

InRareForm
05-20-2023, 11:20 PM
I love it

NASpurs
05-20-2023, 11:36 PM
crofl dude is a master troll and Laker fans are baited

BackHome
05-20-2023, 11:52 PM
God damn we got basketball Karens now some one got to do something this shit getting out of hand. It is a game talking shit is all part of it an adds a little flavor to an already Vanilla league which really desperately needs some Spice.

MultiTroll
05-21-2023, 12:03 AM
22-60 bench rookie with minimal #s talking chit to guy who leads more or less very average team to WCFs.

You're sure showing him Sochan.
What a tough guy.
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/5/5f/Jimbo.gif/revision/latest?cb=20090610053252

Mr. Body
05-21-2023, 12:06 AM
I don't know if you've figured out Sochan is like Rodman in that he has a screw loose. Except Rodman was on the bad side, Sochan is on the cool, weirdo, whatever-bro vibe side.

MultiTroll
05-21-2023, 12:23 AM
I don't know if you've figured out Sochan is like Rodman in that he has a screw loose. Except Rodman was on the bad side, Sochan is on the cool, weirdo, whatever-bro vibe side.
Oh great. Does this mean he'll help the Spurs as much as Rodman did?

SpurPadre
05-21-2023, 01:13 AM
God damn we got basketball Karens now some one got to do something this shit getting out of hand. It is a game talking shit is all part of it an adds a little flavor to an already Vanilla league which really desperately needs some Spice.

You mean like a knucklehead throwing up gang signs after making a shot and then caught on video flashing a gun?

Mr. Body
05-21-2023, 01:20 AM
Oh great. Does this mean he'll help the Spurs as much as Rodman did?

Rodman cared more about himself than basketball. Sochan doesn't

TekXX
05-21-2023, 01:35 AM
22-60 bench rookie with minimal #s talking chit to guy who leads more or less very average team to WCFs.

You're sure showing him Sochan.
What a tough guy.
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/5/5f/Jimbo.gif/revision/latest?cb=20090610053252

Why are you butt hurt exactly?

lefty20
05-21-2023, 02:07 AM
He's just trolling the Bronsexuals at this point. Worth a chuckle, tbh.

MultiTroll
05-21-2023, 02:15 AM
Why are you butt hurt exactly?
Why are you fabricating I'm butt hurt exactly?

couchman
05-21-2023, 07:33 AM
Fuck the Lakers. Can’t be mad about anyone giving them shit, ever. Get it together Spurs fans!

KingKev
05-21-2023, 07:49 AM
Hate the Lakers but Sochan needs to stfu and goto work.

exstatic
05-21-2023, 08:05 AM

Charles Barkley never played kick ass, or any other kind of defense.

heyheymymy
05-21-2023, 08:38 AM
what? Sochan does not need to STFU man fuck lebron he sucks and I'm glad Sochan is speaking his mind.

Anyone see Lebron leaving the game early last night? Already in the tunnel walking back to the locker room at 4.5 sec left in the 4th. What a baby, not going to show good sportsmanship?

Lebron wears a crown of shit.

So what if Manu flopped? Manu also didn't call himself the King or call up top players to collude rings when he lost in the playoffs. What kind of king needs to flop then? What kind of king needs Bosh and Wade plus Miller and Battier? A weak ass shit prince, that's who. Lebron is a tennis shoe salesman. That's it. You are fluffing a media product quit lifting him up.

LOL @ LAL

JPB
05-21-2023, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure how people can see Who Sochan is as person (I surely can't at 20 or whatever he is since I'm mot around him) and I've no problem in a vacuum with him trolling Lebron, even if I think that's dumb, but what I'm seeing in this thread is more basic hating than playful trolling or trash talking.

I never got the point of hating in sports, as anywhere else, just because some player is not on your team (yes, some people used to hate Tim, Manu and TP)... Questioning the legacy of a 4 time NBA champion with 3 different teams, and all time NBA leading scorer is just basic hating and dumb. I can get, actually like, some good trash talking, but playing the lil keyboard warrior on twitter is not that, or weak ass one. If you wanna trash talk Lebron, confront and and trash talk him on the court, if you can afford it with your play, don't hide behind your screen, like a millenium or whatever generation we are in...

JPB
05-21-2023, 10:03 AM
what? Sochan does not need to STFU man fuck lebron he sucks and I'm glad Sochan is speaking his mind.

Anyone see Lebron leaving the game early last night? Already in the tunnel walking back to the locker room at 4.5 sec left in the 4th. What a baby, not going to show good sportsmanship?

Lebron wears a crown of shit.

So what if Manu flopped? Manu also didn't call himself the King or call up top players to collude rings when he lost in the playoffs. What kind of king needs to flop then? What kind of king needs Bosh and Wade plus Miller and Battier? A weak ass shit prince, that's who. Lebron is a tennis shoe salesman. That's it. You are fluffing a media product quit lifting him up.

LOL @ LAL

The three of Tim, Manu an TP accepted to take paycuts to keep playing together and sign quality vets...

BatManu20
05-21-2023, 10:17 AM
Considering all the hateful shit Laker fans and bronsexuals have been posting on his IG the past couple days, I’m surprised Sochan didn’t reply with something more strident tbh.

John B
05-21-2023, 10:18 AM

I love it :lol

You know as a fan of Duncan and I see LeSoft, not only self-proclaimimg himself GOAT, but sports network putting him at least top 2 ahead of Duncan, I’d bash this guy too. LeSoft is a fake GOAT. Top 10 the most. He’s 0-3 now with a healthy Davis in the playoffs. LeSoft does the most stupid flops. What does it tell about NBA game, that instead of playing straight, he constantly complains and flops??? Good for people like Sochan to point it out.

As for Sochan. The kid got balls. I mean people hate on Draymond, but teams need a guy like Draymond (except that stupid shit that forced KD to walk out). But Sochan will be that type you battle with, and he will have your back. I think Sochan will not hesitate to do the little things that will be the difference between winning and not, regardless of the stats. And it will be infectious with the rest of the players. Especially with Wemby coming on board, I love that we have Sochan around ro protect him. Sochan is the 1st ones to tweet his excitement that Wemby is coming. I can’t wait.

John B
05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure how people can see Who Sochan is as person (I surely can't at 20 or whatever he is since I'm mot around him) and I've no problem in a vacuum with him trolling Lebron, even if I think that's dumb, but what I'm seeing in this thread is more basic hating than playful trolling or trash talking.

I never got the point of hating in sports, as anywhere else, just because some player is not on your team (yes, some people used to hate Tim, Manu and TP)... Questioning the legacy of a 4 time NBA champion with 3 different teams, and all time NBA leading scorer is just basic hating and dumb. I can get, actually like, some good trash talking, but playing the lil keyboard warrior on twitter is not that, or weak ass one. If you wanna trash talk Lebron, confront and and trash talk him on the court, if you can afford it with your play, don't hide behind your screen, like a millenium or whatever generation we are in...

Bruh confronting LeSoft oncourt would get you thrown out from the court, and from your thousand dollar seat :lol

I think it’s LeSoft self-proclaimimg himself GOAT is what ticks people. He self-proclaims himself and do these stupid flops, flying all the way to the bench without contact??? You got to be kidding if that’s not funny. When Manu sells his charge, he actually absorbs contacts (for those people who compared to Manu’s “flops”). And LeSoft with the cameras on him, represents what has become the NBA. It’s a freaking shitshow. Yup I have no problem with Sochan making fun of the Emperor’s New Clothes. He’s just pointing out what many believes to be true. The new self-proclaim GOAT is the king of flops :lol

Obstructed_View
05-21-2023, 10:38 AM
Charles Barkley never played kick ass, or any other kind of defense.

Yes he did. He guarded Shaq. He guarded Robinson. He guarded Olajuwon and Malone and Bird and Jordan.

Dude, I know you're salty because Chuck predicted the Spurs would stink, but smearing his resume just makes you look ignorant.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2023, 10:42 AM
Sochan is a team guy. Rodman was a me guy.

Also, Lebron was clearly flopping. How could anyone deny it?

heyheymymy
05-21-2023, 11:00 AM
The three of Tim, Manu an TP accepted to take paycuts to keep playing together and sign quality vets...

Big 3 was home grown and there is a huge difference between calling up two top 10 players and whatever the Spurs recruited. To get Bosh and Wade and still poach the Mike Millers and Shane Battiers of the league was weak shit I mean anything else that you need to win "king"?

Look at Lebron's outbound vs inbound around this years trade deadline lol dude gets to dump all trash to get back decent help and they've been pretty good since then. It's bullshit weak coddled unkingly shit. Lopsided trade for LAL, yet again. Kwame'd

Dumped:

paid only one crucial FRP lol and some seconds
WB/WBs albatross contract should've been 2 FRPs alone this is like a double dump just in one player
Nuun
Toscano-Anderson
Damian Jones
Thomas Bryant
Pat Beverly

to get:

DLo
Hachimuria (priority to bring back)
Vandy
Malik Beasley
some 2RPs

Okay that is some bullshit. Only the best for the "king" lol how the fuck am I supposed to respect that? You guys are crazy sucking Lebrick Lames dick he fucking sucks zero legacy outside maybe that one legit and kinda admittedly baddass ring with the Cavs

Mugen
05-21-2023, 11:33 AM
Hate the Lakers but Sochan needs to stfu and goto work.

You can send out a tweet and still be putting in work tbh :lol

Leetonidas
05-21-2023, 11:37 AM

:lol For real. Sochan could have tweeted that in the gym for all we know

KobesAchilles
05-21-2023, 11:42 AM
I don’t like it. Jeremy hasn’t done shit yet in the NBA. Heck if he doesn’t improve his jumper I don’t even think he has a place in the starting line up. The dude needs to keep his head down and just work. You won 22 games last year. As far as I’m concerned, you don’t get to say shit about a winner like Lebron. You can think it all you want and it’s the type of mindset I want. But sorry you just can’t tweet it when you yourself haven’t done anything.

John B
05-21-2023, 11:44 AM
Big 3 was home grown and there is a huge difference between calling up two top 10 players and whatever the Spurs recruited. To get Bosh and Wade and still poach the Mike Millers and Shane Battiers of the league was weak shit I mean anything else that you need to win "king"?

Look at Lebron's outbound vs inbound around this years trade deadline lol dude gets to dump all trash to get back decent help and they've been pretty good since then. It's bullshit weak coddled unkingly shit. Lopsided trade for LAL, yet again. Kwame'd

Dumped:

paid only one crucial FRP lol and some seconds
WB/WBs albatross contract should've been 2 FRPs alone this is like a double dump just in one player
Nuun
Toscano-Anderson
Damian Jones
Thomas Bryant
Pat Beverly

to get:

DLo
Hachimuria (priority to bring back)
Vandy
Malik Beasley
some 2RPs

Okay that is some bullshit. Only the best for the "king" lol how the fuck am I supposed to respect that? You guys are crazy sucking Lebrick Lames dick he fucking sucks zero legacy outside maybe that one legit and kinda admittedly baddass ring with the Cavs

You forgot to mention they were deep underwater with Westbrick situation without any prospect, and mysteriously re-tooled with picks to spare. The coddling this fake king got to build his fake legacy

KingKev
05-21-2023, 07:16 PM

I guess my point is let your work speak for itself.

Pauleta14
05-21-2023, 08:52 PM
I guess my point is let your work speak for itself.

Some ppl are made diff and need to put pressure on themselves one way or another.

I hope he's "him"

+ it's refreshing in 2023 an athlete not PC

InRareForm
05-22-2023, 12:08 PM
Sochan Twitter is gold

MultiTroll
05-22-2023, 09:05 PM
I can troll Lebron on my smartphone.https://yt3.ggpht.com/a/AGF-l7_y9NycxZwD5GgFHP_V0_vnaFABN3q68T7J9w=s900-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo
Lebron 31 points at halftime Game 4 WCFs.

lefty20
05-22-2023, 09:10 PM

Sochan was right. Da King don't need to flop to play well & win.

It's beneath him, tbh.

heyheymymy
05-22-2023, 09:40 PM
Holy shit lol maybe it is time for a phone break after all lol

heyheymymy
05-22-2023, 09:43 PM

Well I should hope so. Lebron is facing elimination and it's win or go home here. Not surprised the Lakers are playing for their lives right now.

Bet the Nugs want to advance on in front of their home crowd anyway and are taking their foot off the gas here. Malone might not want so much down time for his players.

NBA kinda needs it too, both conf finals about to leave too much time between the NBA finals if they double sweep.

NASpurs
05-22-2023, 10:24 PM
Holy shit lol maybe it is time for a phone break after all lol

ace3g
05-22-2023, 10:31 PM
https://twitter.com/JeremySochan/status/1660850691886272513

BatManu20
05-22-2023, 10:44 PM
Sochan owns Lebron :lol

TrueSpursFan
05-22-2023, 10:47 PM
Ultimate troll. Bron fans are saying “who are you” yet they are in his post thread responding to him ��

td4mvp2k
05-22-2023, 10:48 PM
LeChoke really did just run to the locker room after getting denied again :lol

InRareForm
05-22-2023, 10:51 PM
Laker fans why u mad at sochan :lol

Dex
05-22-2023, 10:54 PM
That"s exactly what Amy told her trainer about Tim during her fitness assessment.

Timmy upgraded with Macias anyways

EricB
05-22-2023, 10:55 PM
Sochan is rocketing up the list of my favorite spurs ever. His field of fucks is beyond barren.

heyheymymy
05-22-2023, 11:00 PM
that 2007 Spurs team was so good

EricB
05-22-2023, 11:49 PM

Eh, probably the weakest of the championship teams.

but their only competition was Phoenix that year and, that series probably should’ve went 7

Mr. Body
05-22-2023, 11:59 PM

The second best player on that Cavs team was Boobie Gibson.

Obstructed_View
05-23-2023, 12:01 AM
Lebron falls off the world in the second half, is afraid to shoot wide open threes, and then awkwardly turns the ball over in the paint when the game is on the line.

I actually hope Sochan tweets about that, but he won't. The whole world already saw it.

widowmaker
05-23-2023, 12:01 AM

So is his new name Lesweep?

heyheymymy
05-23-2023, 12:15 AM
Yeah pretty easy path with Utah in the WCF and a young Lebron with admittedly all scrubs in the Finals now that you mention it, agreed. & the 2007 team had its weaknesses for sure.

Just love how Parker feasted on Utah and Cleveland which kinda forged up the complete big three imo like the final infinity stone dropping into place lol. Remember steamrolling Okur, AK-47, Booz and D-Will. Parker went supercritical like 07-13ish give or take.

Suns prob should've won that semis round. Still crazy to think a weak Spurs ring ultimately remains many other teams high water mark of their dreams.

Pushing through Melo, Kmart, and Iverson, then Amare, Nash, Bell, Diaw, Matrix, then that above mentioned Jazz core - viewed as weak but that seems like a gauntlet these days even if some of those opposing stars were post peak at the time.

heyheymymy
05-23-2023, 12:17 AM
bros do not discredit the basketball heavy weights that are Eric Snow Larry Hughes and Boobie "Air" Gibson

Obstructed_View
05-23-2023, 12:17 AM
The second best player on that Cavs team was Boobie Gibson.

Ilgouskas, Drew, Varajao, Snow, Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovic, Donyell Marshall. That's off the top of my head, but maybe they weren't all there in 07.

MI21
05-23-2023, 12:25 AM
Hold on, some Spurs fans are annoyed at one of their own making some light-hearted jabs at the Lakers? Fuck the Lakers

Ice009
05-23-2023, 01:19 AM
Yeah pretty easy path with Utah in the WCF and a young Lebron with admittedly all scrubs in the Finals now that you mention it, agreed. & the 2007 team had its weaknesses for sure.

Just love how Parker feasted on Utah and Cleveland which kinda forged up the complete big three imo like the final infinity stone dropping into place lol. Remember steamrolling Okur, AK-47, Booz and D-Will. Parker went supercritical like 07-13ish give or take.

Suns prob should've won that semis round. Still crazy to think a weak Spurs ring ultimately remains many other teams high water mark of their dreams.

Pushing through Melo, Kmart, and Iverson, then Amare, Nash, Bell, Diaw, Matrix, then that above mentioned Jazz core - viewed as weak but that seems like a gauntlet these days even if some of those opposing stars were post peak at the time.

I thought the 2007 Spurs team went through some pretty good teams. Now that you've listed some of those players/teams, that was a pretty good run. Some of those players may have been past their peak, but there is still some great names there and some of them were at their peak. Even if Spurs fans (I don't care about other fans' opinion on the 2007 team) are saying it's the weakest team, I'm assuming they're referring to it being the weakest Spurs team. I think the 2007 Spurs team as a whole was a pretty good team. Those other teams we went through that year could easily be Championship contenders if they had of played right now.

Also, were you saying 2007-2014 TP was at his best/prime? If so, yeah, I'd agree with that. He went on a pretty good run during those years. 2009 is a season that is very interesting to me as he was amazing that year, but didn't get to see how he could have gone through a long playoff run with Manu being out and TD with the injured knee playing on one leg against the Mavs in the first round of those playoffs. I think TP might have had an incredible run that year in the playoffs if the rest of the team was healthy. Might not have went all the way or anything, but would have loved to have seen what TP could have done in those playoffs with the form and level he was playing at.

Obstructed_View
05-23-2023, 01:25 AM
Hold on, some Spurs fans are annoyed at one of their own making some light-hearted jabs at the Lakers? Fuck the Lakers

No, Fabbs is. He's either in love with the Lakers or Lebron.

heyheymymy
05-23-2023, 03:41 AM
Agreed Ice, once you write it all out those were some pretty big names to go through for the 07 ring. Makes it seem a bit more hefty I suppose. Melo was still very motived in 07 and I'd say Amare was pretty unstoppable.

Then you had guys like Camby going 10/18 on SA and Nene was a beast. That Suns team was a monster. The go-to guys were a handful but then you had guys like Kurt Thomas playing well and I remember being terrified when Barbosa was in the game. Was crazy how beat up Steve Nash got with Parker busting his nose and later in the series the infamous Horry hip check. Probably some sketchy ref shit in favor of the Spurs, I'd admit.

Yeah I thought Parker turned a corner around 06 or 07 and went scorching hot through 2013. I think Parker was on the cover of NBA Live 09 even. Wonder what could've been if full strength but losing to DAL so soon in Playoffs 09 was devastating.

Plus remember Parker was playing French ball in the summers off so there were stretches 09-13 where he was basically playing basketball full year round. I remember Spurs in the WCF 2013 just roasting the Memphis Grizzlies and Parker was playing so sensational, it was unbelievable. I think the wear and tear caught up with him finally by 2014-2015 ish but Tony Parker was on hell of a competitor and had the heart of a lion. People joke him on SpurTalk but I think everyone knows he was a huge part of the Spurs success.

Obstructed_View
05-23-2023, 04:49 AM
Probably some sketchy ref shit in favor of the Spurs, I'd admit.

Don't buy into that BS. Nash initiated the contact with Parker and dove into him, which is why there wasn't a call. And Horry basically set a hard screen, which was the safest way to commit an intentional foul. By rule, Nash committed an offensive foul by forcing his way between a stationary defender and the sideline. What hurt his team was his flop, which caused his angry, whiny teammates to overreact. The worst call in all that was suspending Horry, but the normies who don't understand the rules wouldn't have accepted anything else.

heyheymymy
05-23-2023, 05:35 AM
Don't buy into that BS. Nash initiated the contact with Parker and dove into him, which is why there wasn't a call. And Horry basically set a hard screen, which was the safest way to commit an intentional foul. By rule, Nash committed an offensive foul by forcing his way between a stationary defender and the sideline. What hurt his team was his flop, which caused his angry, whiny teammates to overreact. The worst call in all that was suspending Horry, but the normies who don't understand the rules wouldn't have accepted anything else.

I agree with all that but I'm talking about Tim Donaghy. Although I remember watching this YouTube where they broke down his calls that series, I can't remember I guess maybe he did just one game, and it broke down neutral/Suns favorable and that is the last I left off at on this. But yeah gotta admit that is sketchy.

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/ex-nba-ref-donaghy-says-2007-spurs-suns-playoff-series-influenced-by-dislike-of-suns-owner

But when you wrote whiny Suns fans it brought me back lol I was so incensed at the audacity of PHX fans that series and that whole era. They were total brats whining lol.

RC_Drunkford
05-23-2023, 06:25 AM

everybody knew back in the day that we'd sweep the Cavs in the finals. That was probably the easiest series in the entire playoffs for us that year

exstatic
05-23-2023, 06:44 AM
I agree with all that but I'm talking about Tim Donaghy. Although I remember watching this YouTube where they broke down his calls that series, I can't remember I guess maybe he did just one game, and it broke down neutral/Suns favorable and that is the last I left off at on this. But yeah gotta admit that is sketchy.

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/ex-nba-ref-donaghy-says-2007-spurs-suns-playoff-series-influenced-by-dislike-of-suns-owner

But when you wrote whiny Suns fans it brought me back lol I was so incensed at the audacity of PHX fans that series and that whole era. They were total brats whining lol.

After the close out game 6, Tim was being interviewed just outside the tunnel, and one of them threw a water bottle at his head. He looked up, turned and trotted up the tunnel, abruptly ending the live interview. The bottle was visible flying through the frame.

ambchang
05-23-2023, 11:33 AM
Yes he did. He guarded Shaq. He guarded Robinson. He guarded Olajuwon and Malone and Bird and Jordan.

Dude, I know you're salty because Chuck predicted the Spurs would stink, but smearing his resume just makes you look ignorant.

Barkley himself said he didn’t play D. The guy is honest and I love him but to paint him as some defensive stopper is just plain wrong

Obstructed_View
05-23-2023, 02:07 PM
Barkley himself said he didn’t play D. The guy is honest and I love him but to paint him as some defensive stopper is just plain wrong
Not sure I have seen Charles blowing his own horn. I watched his entire career. He was my favorite player before I was a Spurs fan. I can tell you he was a very good defender. He wasn't elite, but he played defense because he wanted to win.

He routinely defended the other team's best player. guys eight inches taller and 50 pounds heavier. Barkley and Mahorn on the Sixers were all about defense. Chuck checked Jordan until he went to the Suns, and Majerle only defended Jordan until crunch time.

Barkley was far and away the dirtiest player in the league. That wasn't because he didn't care about defense.

exstatic
05-23-2023, 02:36 PM
Not sure I have seen Charles blowing his own horn. I watched his entire career. He was my favorite player before I was a Spurs fan. I can tell you he was a very good defender. He wasn't elite, but he played defense because he wanted to win.

He routinely defended the other team's best player. guys eight inches taller and 50 pounds heavier. Barkley and Mahorn on the Sixers were all about defense. Chuck checked Jordan until he went to the Suns, and Majerle only defended Jordan until crunch time.

Barkley was far and away the dirtiest player in the league. That wasn't because he didn't care about defense.

First Barkley plays defense, then he’s dirtier than Laimbeer and Dirty Rick Mahorn? I think you may need to put the crack pipe down.

Obstructed_View
05-23-2023, 03:00 PM
First Barkley plays defense, then he’s dirtier than Laimbeer and Dirty Rick Mahorn? I think you may need to put the crack pipe down.
Barkley played a number of years after Laimbeer and Mahorn retired.

Pauleta14
05-23-2023, 05:07 PM
everybody knew back in the day that we'd sweep the Cavs in the finals. That was probably the easiest series in the entire playoffs for us that year

No we didn't. It's always obvious afterwards...

Cavs were tough and Lebron destroyed the super tough Pistons

Spurs made it "easy"

RC_Drunkford
05-23-2023, 10:01 PM
No we didn't. It's always obvious afterwards...

Cavs were tough and Lebron destroyed the super tough Pistons

Spurs made it "easy"

well I knew the Cavs didn’t stand a chance

Ice009
05-23-2023, 10:05 PM

I thought we were going to win, but I paused for a tiny bit because wasn't that the season where Lebron went insane against the Pistons scoring something like 25 points in a row the series before? I wasn't sure how he was going to play in the finals, but the Spurs were able to play great team defense on him and do a better job than Detroit did (which further proved to me that the Spurs' defense (despite the numbers being similar to Detroit) was better than the Pistons' like I always thought back then).

Obstructed_View
05-23-2023, 10:15 PM

No you didn't.

ambchang
05-23-2023, 10:39 PM

Barkley wasn't that dirty, he was rough on offence, but he admitted to not put much effort on defence. His quote was:
"Yeah Ernie, its called defence, I mean I wouldn't know anything about it personally but I've heard about it through the grapevine."

I also recalled back in his playing days with the Suns, someone asked him why did he not get that many fouls despite his rough style of play, and his response was that you pick up fouls by playing defence and he doesn't play much of it.

The Barkley teams have pretty much always been average to one of the worst defensive teams in the league during his Philly and Phoenix days. His DBPM has been average at best, and his DWS is no where close to defensive players like the Admiral, Hakeem, Eaton, or Pippen. Barkley CAN play good defence if he wanted to, but he saved most of his energy on offence, he is sort of like T-Mac in that regard.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2023, 11:47 PM
Barkley wasn't that dirty, he was rough on offence, but he admitted to not put much effort on defence. His quote was:
"Yeah Ernie, its called defence, I mean I wouldn't know anything about it personally but I've heard about it through the grapevine."

I also recalled back in his playing days with the Suns, someone asked him why did he not get that many fouls despite his rough style of play, and his response was that you pick up fouls by playing defence and he doesn't play much of it.

The Barkley teams have pretty much always been average to one of the worst defensive teams in the league during his Philly and Phoenix days. His DBPM has been average at best, and his DWS is no where close to defensive players like the Admiral, Hakeem, Eaton, or Pippen. Barkley CAN play good defence if he wanted to, but he saved most of his energy on offence, he is sort of like T-Mac in that regard.

He wasn't a headhunter like Mahorn or Laimbeer. He would just start throwing hands when those guys would do it to him.

Obstructed_View
05-24-2023, 06:13 AM

His defensive stats. Let's see here...

Hey, remember when Pippen would guard Robinson, Hakeem, and Shaq?

Me neither. Nor did fucking T Mac.

Mystery solved.

Barkley played defense.

exstatic
05-24-2023, 06:32 AM

Mystery solved.

Barkley played defense.

Is this really the hill to die on? He’s even said himself that he didn’t play defense. Are you going to argue with him?

RC_Drunkford
05-24-2023, 08:51 AM
No you didn't.

yeah right you know me since school I forgot :lmao

ambchang
05-24-2023, 09:45 AM

Mystery solved.

Barkley played defense.

What are you even trying to say? Do you even know what I said? I was comparing defensive stats of Barkley to elite defenders of his era and it’s not particularly close.

Barkley didn’t play much defence because he was often his entire teams offence. Especially during the later Philly years. Look up any stats and it’s clear that Barkley was a middling defensive player throughout his entire career. He even admitted to it himself. What else do you need?

Just look up “was Charles Barkley a good defender” on Google and you get:

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/old-school/michael-jordan-shares-a-story-when-charles-barkley-played-defense-against-him-i-just-laughed#:~:text=Even%20though%20Barkley%20was%20on e%20of%20the%20best%20scorers%20and%20rebounders%2 0in%20the%20NBA%2C%20he%20was%20never%20known%20as %20a%20great%20defensive%20player%2C%20which%20was %20the%20most%20significant%20difference%20between %20him%20and%20Jordan%20in%20their%20careers.

Even though Barkley was one of the best scorers and rebounders in the NBA, he was never known as a great defensive player, which was the most significant difference between him and Jordan in their careers

https://www.quora.com/Was-Charles-Barkley-good-on-defense

Not a great defender but he was at times a good defender especially during his time as a 76er. He was averaging a block and a steal or two every season for that team. But that wasn’t all. He got defense rebounds. His power kept his man from getting second chance points. He got into other player’s heads.

One thing he did well was get you into foul trouble. This is actually smart defense. Best example of this was the 1993 WCF game 6. While the officiating was suspect, Sir Charles got to Shawn Kemp. The Reign Man fouled out.

His defence was fouling people out. I mean. What the hell?

https://www.sportsnostalgiahq.com/charles-barkley-on-defense/

While Charles Barkley made the Hall of Fame for his skills on offense, he was a below average defender. He did not have a natural defensive position and struggled to guard both quicker and longer forwards. Only Sir Charles’ outstanding rebounding kept him from being a truly bad defensive player.

I wouldn’t go so far and said he struggled but most people who watched Barkley would never say he was one of the better defenders in the league. Most people who say he was a good defender generally points to his rebounding, which I would argue is not defence.

Obstructed_View
05-24-2023, 11:49 AM
Is this really the hill to die on? He’s even said himself that he didn’t play defense. Are you going to argue with him?
I saw him play. I watched him defending David Robinson. He was a 6’4" forward checking David. In the post. What coach assigns a guy who can't play defense to the other team's best player every night?

exstatic
05-24-2023, 11:56 AM
I saw him play. I watched him defending David Robinson. He was a 6’4" forward checking David. In the post. What coach assigns a guy who can't play defense to the other team's best player every night?

Pop played Lonnie on the opponent's top player for a year, because he constantly missed rotations, and you don't rotate off of that guy. Just because you suck at team defense doesn't mean you're a great man defender.

Obstructed_View
05-24-2023, 12:00 PM
Pop played Lonnie on the opponent's top player for a year, because he constantly missed rotations, and you don't rotate off of that guy. Just because you suck at team defense doesn't mean you're a great man defender.
Okay.

Pauleta14
05-24-2023, 05:15 PM
I thought we were going to win, but I paused for a tiny bit because wasn't that the season where Lebron went insane against the Pistons scoring something like 25 points in a row the series before? I wasn't sure how he was going to play in the finals, but the Spurs were able to play great team defense on him and do a better job than Detroit did (which further proved to me that the Spurs' defense (despite the numbers being similar to Detroit) was better than the Pistons' like I always thought back then).

Yes it was.

Add the fact that the NBA wanted/needed their darling to win his 1st title...

iircc Cavs had a few key players injured which helped a lot in back court and made TP unstoppable.

lefty20
05-25-2023, 04:50 PM

Extra Stout
05-25-2023, 05:10 PM

:lol

RD2191
05-25-2023, 05:40 PM
LeBronze/Lakers fans in shambles. :lol

Extra Stout
05-25-2023, 05:41 PM
LeBronze/Lakers fans in shambles. :lolIs this why LeBron broached retirement?

MI21
05-25-2023, 08:23 PM

:lol

Love your work, Jeremy.