PDA

View Full Version : Your top 5 players

Biggems
05-21-2023, 10:29 AM
Wemby is obviously #1, so please exclude him from your list. Give me 5 players you want the most here in SA.

For my list, I did a couple of possible 1st rounders and three picks that will be 2nd round or UDFA...

1. F Kris Murray - Iowa
I am a fan of his game. He does need to be more consistent at a shooter, but I like his size, ball handling, passing, and potential as a perimeter defender.

2. F Trayce Jackson-Davis - Indiana
This guy is the toughness we need in the paint. I feel he can play a Draymond Green type of role, without all the stupid shenanigans.

3. PG Jalen Pickett - Penn St.
has good size for a PG. he can score inside and out but does need a bit more consistency. he is a good facilitator and gives effort on D. he does struggle with turnovers, though.

4. C Zach Edey - Purdue
The guy has massive length and wingspan. He is not the most athletic guy, but who really cares. he will most likely be a UDFA signing. Just think about having Wemby and Edey on the court at the same time, if only for small stretches.

5. F/C Drew Timme - Gonzaga
He is not athletic. However, his BBall IQ is off the charts. He has a huge bag of tricks at his disposal. He is a team player. Timme is not afraid to mix it up at all. As a UDFA signing, he would be an absolute steal.

If I had to pick just 2 of these players to add with Wemby......Jackson-Davis and Pickett.

SpursBills
05-21-2023, 10:56 AM
1. Cason Wallace - no big holes in his game, from Texas, quiet demeanor, professional. Not sure there will be a better fit at point guard in the 2024 draft as I see him as a better fit than both Tyrese Proctor and Isaiah Collier, the top 2 PGs of the 2024 draft
2. Anthony Black - Jeremy Sochan guard version, high processing speed, switchable, athletic. See above
3. Jaime Jaquez Jr - versatile defender, decent size (6'7" in shoes), proven track record of being a high level player for a good team, solid rotation guy for a championship team
4. Brandin Podziemski - might be playing himself into the late teens or early 20s with his latest performances in the combine
5. Trayce Jackson-Davis - great stats, better than expected size (6'9.5" in shoes), age actually works in his favor as you can lock him up if he works out on a value contract while he's in his prime. Similar to Brandon Clarke

Mr. Body
05-21-2023, 12:59 PM
Probably depends on whether the FO can move way up for another later lottery pick, move slightly up into the 20-30 range, or will pick where they stand.

1. Anthony Black. I keep questioning my googly eyes, then review and remember what he can do.

2. Kobe Bufkin. No idea where he'll go. Mocks have him all over the place.

3. Trayce Jackson-Davis. A great complement to VW and should be ready quickly.

There's a big gap after this. Since I'm fixing on PGs, Cason Wallace is there, too. Coulibaly later is in the mix. I could see them go after cheaper shooters -- meaning not Dick/Hawkins -- like Dariq Whitehead.

I think Kris Murray is a good call in the later FR range. His ceiling is lower, but he'll fill spots and minutes.

Eaglenole2002
05-21-2023, 05:01 PM
1. Cason Wallace - no big holes in his game, from Texas, quiet demeanor, professional. Not sure there will be a better fit at point guard in the 2024 draft as I see him as a better fit than both Tyrese Proctor and Isaiah Collier, the top 2 PGs of the 2024 draft
2. Anthony Black - Jeremy Sochan guard version, high processing speed, switchable, athletic. See above
3. Jaime Jaquez Jr - versatile defender, decent size (6'7" in shoes), proven track record of being a high level player for a good team, solid rotation guy for a championship team
4. Brandin Podziemski - might be playing himself into the late teens or early 20s with his latest performances in the combine
5. Trayce Jackson-Davis - great stats, better than expected size (6'9.5" in shoes), age actually works in his favor as you can lock him up if he works out on a value contract while he's in his prime. Similar to Brandon Clarke

In terms of trading up into late round 1 or sitting tight in round 2, your 3-5 would be in my list for sure. It feels like Jaquez will be a nice role player in the league for a long time as a secondary ball handler on the second unit. Podz is everyone’s favorite player it seems but would fit well again as a secondary ball handler who can do a bit of everything if he can avoid getting killed on defense. TJD is that classic big who will go late because no one wants bigs who don’t have all-star upside, but if he puts it all together he can be a starter.

I’m not sure who else I’d add to the list, but there seem to be guys who fall later than expected every year that we’d be happy to get. Keldon, Dejounte, Branham and Wesley are obvious examples of late.

Ariel
05-21-2023, 05:25 PM
Difficult question. I'd start with Anthony Black but, while not impossible, it wouldn't be very easy to pull it off, so I'd leave him out.
If we land a pick in the mid teens, I'd like to see if we can get hold of Keyonte George (talented 3 level scorer, even if inefficient at the moment) or Kobe Bufkin (well rounded PG with good size and upside).
If we land a pick in the mid 20s, I'd like to see if we could grab a Dariq Whitehead (very good shooter with size and, if healthy, athleticism), Coulibaly or Rupert (both for potential and to give Wemby someone familiar in his early San Antonio days).
If we stay at #33, I'd like to see a Colby Jones, Jaime Jaquez or Strawther
If we stay at #44, I'd like to see a Jordan Walsh, Marcus Sasser, or draft & stash Nnaji or Vukcevic

Vince Carter's ankle
05-24-2023, 01:43 PM
#1 Victor Wembanyama
#33 Jalen Wilson / Brandin Podziemski
#44 Amari Bailey / Adem Bona

BackHome
05-25-2023, 10:44 PM
#1 Wemby
#33 Tristan Vukcevic, Tryace Jackson Davis, Julian Strawther, Ben Sheppard, Jordan Walsh, Amari Bailey

spurraider21
05-25-2023, 11:29 PM
Basically the point guards. Black. Wallace. Bufkin. That center from duke

mo7888
05-26-2023, 03:15 PM
#1 Wemby
#33 Tristan Vukcevic, Tryace Jackson Davis, Julian Strawther, Ben Sheppard, Jordan Walsh, Amari Bailey

Vukcevic is an interesting player for sure....if he can add strength he'd be an interesting long-term fit next to Wembanyama.

CGD
05-26-2023, 03:25 PM
#1 Wemby
#33 Jaquez
#44 Vukcevic (stashed)