PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets or Heatles? Who are you rooting for to win the championship

Millennial_Messiah
05-22-2023, 07:48 PM
I guess I'm torn, but I'm happy with both of the outcomes in both conference finals, and extremely happy of course with the Western Conference Finals outcome.

Denver hasn't won a ring yet so I wouldn't mind seeing them and their fans win it all for the first time. Miami has won a good handful of titles already but not with this kind of underdog team so I would be happy if they won it with a lone wolf MVP candidate in Jimmy Butler and undermanned help beside him.

Obviously, Denver is the heavy favorite, but Miami looks more of an impressive 8th seed than, say, the 1999 Knicks.

lefty20
05-22-2023, 07:55 PM
Nuggets. Jokic winning the Chip would shut up his haters, most of whom prolly don't even watch the Nuggets play very often ala Lisa Salters :lol

Additionally, idk if it's some residual hate from Heatles era or what, but I just can't find it within me to root for them.

RC_Drunkford
05-22-2023, 07:57 PM
Denver is winning it. Best team in the league, they deserve it

SpursWoman
05-22-2023, 08:00 PM
Denver

John B
05-22-2023, 08:15 PM
I don’t care as long as it’s not Lakers or Dubs or CP3, from the beginning. I don’t want neither LeSoft nor Dubs tieing Timmy’s ring cut, nor PointGod getting any..

At this time Nuggets or Heat is okay

Leetonidas
05-22-2023, 08:19 PM
Nuggets. Jokic is a likeable player and Denver has no NBA finals history at all whereas one more ring puts Miami right behind us

spurraider21
05-22-2023, 08:25 PM
dont have a huge preference but think the nuggets are the best team and should win. lakers/celtics getting eliminated this round was all i cared about

ace3g
05-22-2023, 09:15 PM
Great start to 3rd quarter for Nuggets

6:03 - 3rd

ESPN
T

DEN

LAL

mo7888
05-22-2023, 09:26 PM
I'm for Denver. They're knocking out the Lakers and that's enough to garner my support..

Obstructed_View
05-22-2023, 09:28 PM
Niiiicolaaaaa

ace3g
05-22-2023, 09:29 PM
End of 3rd

ESPN
T

DEN

LAL

Ariel
05-22-2023, 09:33 PM
I hate the Nuggets, but: 1) I hate the Lakers more and 2) I love Jokic and think he deserves a title. So I'm not rooting for anyone but I'll take Denver and Miami over Lakers & Boston. Then whoever deserves it the most, I'll just enjoy basketball.

ace3g
05-22-2023, 09:37 PM
Nuggets offense stagnant to start 4th....

ace3g
05-22-2023, 09:40 PM
https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1660834988630192130

Obstructed_View
05-22-2023, 09:40 PM
Nuggets. Jokic winning the Chip would shut up his haters, most of whom prolly don't even watch the Nuggets play very often ala Lisa Salters :lol

Additionally, idk if it's some residual hate from Heatles era or what, but I just can't find it within me to root for them.

Agree. Though I have a lot of respect for Spo.

ace3g
05-22-2023, 09:41 PM
Better ball movement now by Nuggets.

CGD
05-22-2023, 09:44 PM
Nuggets bc of the Joker.

I found it very interesting that Duncan named him his favorite current player to watch, even before Joker went on to win his MVPs.

ace3g
05-22-2023, 10:00 PM
3:34 - 4th

ESPN
T

DEN

LAL

ace3g
05-22-2023, 10:01 PM
That shot from Jokic, lol

barakz21
05-22-2023, 10:02 PM
Man, that’s a tough one. I am and will always be biased in favor of bigs, hence I’d want Joker to win it all. On the other hand, it’s been super fun watching this Jimmy Buckets led Heat team defy expectations and just come up clutch time after time after time.

I gotta say, it’s weird to watch AND actually enjoy playoff games without the Spurs involved. I used to never watch them unless the Spurs are playing.

RD2191
05-22-2023, 10:09 PM
these refs :lol

ace3g
05-22-2023, 10:11 PM
31.3 - 4th

ESPN
T

DEN

LAL

ace3g
05-22-2023, 10:15 PM
Nuggets!!!

Even though their clock mgmt was terrible after that Lebron miss and earlier when Murray didn't pick the ball up after the inbound pass, let the ball roll for about 4-5 seconds.

GAustex
05-22-2023, 10:17 PM
Nugs

Obstructed_View
05-22-2023, 10:17 PM
The King ...

of not congratulating anybody.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2023, 10:18 PM
Now would be a good time for Sochan to tweet asking why Lebron was afraid to shoot.

baseline bum
05-22-2023, 10:21 PM
I'm good with either the Nuggets or the Heat winning it all. With that said, go Denver. Gotta take the ABA team plus Jokic is so much fun to watch, like Walton if he never had all the foot problems.

bdictjames
05-22-2023, 10:23 PM
Ice vs Heat!!!

I'm looking forward to see how Denver defends. Defense is going to win the next series. I'm looking to root for Denver, would like to see the Mile High City get a championship. Coach Malone and the crew have worked hard the last 3-4 years to get to where they are today, and they have rebuilt the right way. Hats off to them.

baseline bum
05-22-2023, 10:28 PM
With that said, damn Jimmy Butler is a bad motherfucker and loving watching him this playoffs. Can't wait for this Finals. Just fucking end Boston tomorrow with no injuries.

Millennial_Messiah
05-22-2023, 10:29 PM
The King ...

Him and Kobe have always been the most notorious for their sportsmanship post-losing, ahem, or lack-thereof

Man, that’s a tough one. I am and will always be biased in favor of bigs, hence I’d want Joker to win it all. On the other hand, it’s been super fun watching this Jimmy Buckets led Heat team defy expectations and just come up clutch time after time after time.

I gotta say, it’s weird to watch AND actually enjoy playoff games without the Spurs involved. I used to never watch them unless the Spurs are playing.

Me too. Between the Losers/Dubfags going down and the Spurs getting Wemby, I'm starting to pick up basketball again for the first time in like 6 years. For the first time in 6 years I'm actually spending time upstairs :lol

Too many people didn't realize Denver was locked in this postseason. They're completely about it.
Yeah, though that game 1 was worrisome, particularly the way that 4th quarter went. That game looked like the 2003 Spurs in game 5 against the Lakers that year. I was legit worried the Nuggets were going to bog down every time Anthony Davis packed the paint and the Lakers P&R with Lebron was unstoppable because AR-15 couldn't miss from three.

With that said, damn Jimmy Butler is a bad motherfucker and loving watching him this playoffs. Can't wait for this Finals. Just fucking end Boston tomorrow with no injuries.
Agree. If the Heat do win the championship with Butler and no clear legit #2, that'd be the first one since Duncan in '03 IMO or you could argue Dirk in '11 but that was a stacked ass team full of superstar vets but past their primes.

Mr. Body
05-22-2023, 10:30 PM
Too many people didn't realize Denver was locked in this postseason. They're completely about it.

DAF86
05-22-2023, 10:32 PM
I like Jokic and the Nuggets way more than Butler and the Heat, but in the best interest of the Spurs I think the best thing would be for the Heat to win the chip. Jokic and Denver losing their virginity could mean a dynasty from now on.

Who I would really like seeing win it all are the Celtics so that they get more breathing room over the Lakers, but it seems like that ship has sailed.

Mugen
05-22-2023, 10:33 PM
Joker tbh.

NASpurs
05-22-2023, 10:52 PM
Nugget fans can suck my big one but I do love the Joker.

timtonymanu
05-22-2023, 10:56 PM
Jokic and Butler both deserve it. This is rare where I am not rooting against either team in the finals. May the best team win, tbh.

Nuggets are the better team, but Butler looks really determined.

timtonymanu
05-22-2023, 10:58 PM
:lolakers

:lol D'Angelo Russell Westbrook

:lol best player is McLovin

:lol AD is the next Tim Duncan

:lol LeTOSBron

Obstructed_View
05-22-2023, 11:51 PM
Nugget fans can suck my big one but I do love the Joker.

As undeserving a group of fans as any, I agree. I think Murray is terrific as well.

BatManu20
05-22-2023, 11:57 PM
Nuggets for sure. Want Jokic to win it all, especially after being robbed of his 3rd straight MVP due to a bullshit racial narrative. Plus they’ve never won one. I do love Playoff Jimmy though. And this run the Heat are on is nuts. Should be a fun series tbh. But Go Nuggs.

daslicer
05-23-2023, 12:10 AM
Nuggets because Jokic is my favorite Non-Spur player to watch and I just like Denver's team their core kind of reminds me of what the Spurs once had with their big 3. I also like they are a small market plus they have never won a title before.

Miami will on the other hand has already won a few titles and they will have more chances to win due to being in a great location that can attract free agents and a place players would like to force trades to.

vander
05-23-2023, 12:11 AM
Both

intlspurshk
05-23-2023, 12:15 AM
Jokic will rule the NBA

MI21
05-23-2023, 12:27 AM
Joker. He's the best.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-23-2023, 12:33 AM
Nuggets no doubt. They deserve it. I was rooting against Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Celtics and Philly. Anyone else would be fine with me.

Jokic I can't help but like because he feels like a mini Timmy with his demeanor and letting his game speak. And this game of his is truly amazing, he makes everyone better and is probably the player that's most fun to play with. So yeah Denver.

Also, Heat are only a couple of titles behind the Spurs, let's keep them that way for now eh.

scott
05-23-2023, 12:38 AM
Rooting for the Nugs. Fellow “small market” team, ABA alums, Joker is cool, and we don’t need media talking heads to start some narrative about how “Spo is the greatest coach of all time”

Ice009
05-23-2023, 12:48 AM

I find it tough to go for Miami as I team, but I really, really like Jimmy Butler. His competitiveness is off the charts. This guy has turned into a Manu like player in the playoffs were he raises his game. Not know as a superstar during the regular reason, but then seems to play at that level when the pressure it at the highest in the playoffs. I really wanted him on the Spurs years ago when the Bulls were trying to trade him.

Also, even though I don't want Miami to win it as a team (due to ring count), I really like that they have 3-4 undrafted players playing key roles on the team. Really impressive run so far.

As for the Nuggets, I like Jamal Murray (I thought he proved he was legit in 2020 playoffs and am glad he is healthy now to show what he can do), but even though I think Jokic is playing amazing, I'm not sure I am as big of a fan of his. I don't know, he's got amazing skills for a big man, and I just don't know how the hell he's hitting those shots where he's pulling the ball back behind his head with one leg, but they seem to be going in for him. He also plays with finesse and that's not exactly the way I grew up watching my bigs play. I like tough, stout defense which he isn't the greatest at (I haven't watched him enough, though) to go along with the skills on offense (I'm used to Hakeem, D-Rob, TD that dominated on both ends of the court, so I guess it seems like he's a little incomplete to me). I don't know, maybe I need to come around and appreciate his game more.

I was thinking about it during today's game, but how would you guys compare him to TD? Jokic is obviously a better passer and shooter. Any other areas you guys would say he's better than TD?

I hate the Nuggets, but: 1) I hate the Lakers more and 2) I love Jokic and think he deserves a title. So I'm not rooting for anyone but I'll take Denver and Miami over Lakers & Boston. Then whoever deserves it the most, I'll just enjoy basketball.

How come you hate the Nuggets as a team? Is it other players on the current team, or is this going back previous years?

Nuggets bc of the Joker.

I found it very interesting that Duncan named him his favorite current player to watch, even before Joker went on to win his MVPs.

I don't remember TD saying this. Was this after TD had retired, or while he was still playing?

The King ...

Of course. Very minimal congratulations from the king. Also, those offensive fouls at the end of the fourth he picked up, do you guys think he flopped on a couple of those?

Spursfanfromafar
05-23-2023, 01:17 AM
The Nuggets are easy to root for. Small market team, hasn't had any championship success in the past.. did the right things in the past decade.. drafting Jokic at 41!, getting some really good players to surround a generational talent, building via the draft & the FA route diligently without overpaying anyone and playing the right way. As Tim Duncan said in his only major interview after retirement, it is a huge pleasure watching Jokic play the way he does and impact winning basketball. The Heat are worthy finalists as well -- Butler is a beast who has carried them along with Bam and the un-drafted underdogs in Strus, Vincent etc -- but the Nuggets are clear sentimental favorites for me.

kht
05-23-2023, 01:20 AM
Jokic and the Nuggets have more or less won it the right way. So have Miami in a way, but still salty about our series with them and for 2006. Let's go Nuggets. Do it for the ABA folks.

mudyez
05-23-2023, 01:21 AM
Denver...watching Jokic is just poetry...he deserves it.

Obstructed_View
05-23-2023, 01:23 AM
Of course. Very minimal congratulations from the king. Also, those offensive fouls at the end of the fourth he picked up, do you guys think he flopped on a couple of those?
Nope. Jokic was guilty of both. And he was lucky not to get called for a hack the next play down the floor. Three fouls in less than a minute could have changed the outcome.

Ice009
05-23-2023, 01:24 AM

Nuggets bc of the Joker.

The Nuggets are easy to root for. Small market team, hasn't had any championship success in the past.. did the right things in the past decade.. drafting Jokic at 41!, getting some really good players to surround a generational talent, building via the draft & the FA route diligently without overpaying anyone and playing the right way. As Tim Duncan said in his only major interview after retirement, it is a huge pleasure watching Jokic play the way he does and impact winning basketball. The Heat are worthy finalists as well -- Butler is a beast who has carried them along with Bam and the un-drafted underdogs in Strus, Vincent etc -- but the Nuggets are clear sentimental favorites for me.

I can't remember who that interview was with? Also, didn't he do one with RJ too a bit later on?

Spursfanfromafar
05-23-2023, 02:32 AM
I can't remember who that interview was with? Also, didn't he do one with RJ too a bit later on?

The one with Raja Bell, if I remember correctly.

8FOR!3
05-23-2023, 07:22 AM
Can't say I really care who wins. I'm glad it's Nuggets/Heat and not Lakers/Celtics and everything else is icing on the cake. I will say I do enjoy watching Jokic's style of playing. He dribbles the ball up the floor and gets his guys open shots and crashes the boards and gets easy shots off the rebound and you can tell it's contagious bc the rest of the team tries to follow that lead. Also like that Heat team though and appreciate their role players stepping up/a Jimmy Butler who should be slightly past his prime leading a team that has no business being in the finals to the finals.

Fireball
05-23-2023, 07:38 AM
Nuggets. Heat do not need another title ...

KingKev
05-23-2023, 07:43 AM
Just wanna see it go 7 games. Both teams deserve it.

Love that KD, LBJ, Kyrie, Harden, Leonard, CP3 are all at home.

spursparker9
05-23-2023, 07:49 AM
Joker will be a problem for Wemby

jjspur
05-23-2023, 07:58 AM
The Nuggets have been a top team most of the season, plus they skunked the fakers. Miami was so so for most of the season but then got real hot. Will make for an interesting series.

My vote goes for the steady Joker and the rest of the Nuggets. After a few false starts in previous years, this is the season where they get their ring. They deserve it.

FrankieS
05-23-2023, 08:08 AM
Nuggets. Joker is the real MVP.

mo7888
05-23-2023, 08:18 AM

Wemby will be a problem for MPJ

Mr. Body
05-23-2023, 08:22 AM
The Nuggets have been a top team most of the season, plus they skunked the fakers. Miami was so so for most of the season but then got real hot. Will make for an interesting series.

My vote goes for the steady Joker and the rest of the Nuggets. After a few false starts in previous years, this is the season where they get their ring. They deserve it.

Miami has been scorching. But they've also been against a team that was hurt and whose good coach lost his brother during the series, and two flawed teams with terrible coaches.

Mr. Body
05-23-2023, 08:23 AM
Whoops, they beat the Knicks, not the Sixers. The Knicks were fine but not that good.

exstatic
05-23-2023, 08:54 AM
Jokic will rule the NBA

For a year or two.

lefty
05-23-2023, 09:00 AM
Well, Joker has been my favorite player since his rookie year, so I want him to ring.

But I also want Jimmy to ring

:cry dammit

CorrectCrusader
05-23-2023, 09:21 AM
Nope. Jokic was guilty of both. And he was lucky not to get called for a hack the next play down the floor. Three fouls in less than a minute could have changed the outcome.
There was no hack on the Davis dunk, he hit ball.

CGD
05-23-2023, 09:55 AM

I believe it was one with Raja Bell

RD2191
05-23-2023, 09:59 AM
Are people still taking Eastern Conference basketball seriously? :lol I got the Nugs in 5...and I don't see the games being all that close either.

spursparker9
05-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Denver in 5.

Joker is unsolvable and is unstoppable. Even if you can limit his scoring, his rebounding and passing will still be in full effect and Denver will always have a chance to win even with a 'bad' game by Joker

CorrectCrusader
05-23-2023, 10:50 AM
For everyone

Spurs Homer
05-23-2023, 10:52 AM
Nuggets…former ABA team…and it benefits the spurs to NOT have a hungry nuggets team that lost in the finals..

instead of a fat happy satisfied lazy group of smug entitled jerks like gs

BatManu20
05-23-2023, 10:52 AM
Either way either the Joker or Jimmy will get their first ring and that will be awesome tbh. Go Nuggs though.

Obstructed_View
05-23-2023, 11:05 AM
There was no hack on the Davis dunk, he hit ball.
With the officiating in the NBA now, that hardly matters.

Biggems
05-23-2023, 12:05 PM
Denver was the only ABA team to not make the Finals. The Spurs are the only one to win. Now, Denver will finally make their 1st appearance and also become the 2nd ABA team with a title.

spurraider21
05-23-2023, 12:34 PM
joker is a problem for everyone lol. its like watching basketball in the 96-97 season and saying "man, this shaq guy is gonna be a problem for that duncan kid when he gets drafted"

JPB
05-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Maybe we should wait Miami actually make the finals.

superbigtime
05-23-2023, 03:15 PM
It isn't hard at all to root for Jokic. He is a maestro and so fun to watch. Like Pete Maravich in the body of a center. Humble.

rjv
05-23-2023, 03:30 PM
hoping denver becomes that 2nd ABA franchise to win a title

Amuseddaysleeper
05-23-2023, 05:01 PM
The King ...

Very lame of him

Millennial_Messiah
05-28-2023, 08:28 AM
That's funny who posted right above me. ^

I will officially topple the amused day sleeper Amuseddaysleeper (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=309) as the all-time GOAT of jinxing, if Boston wins game 7 and pulls off the most incredible and elusive feat that has never been done before in NBA history.

Millennial_Messiah (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=50493) . Me.

Consider that I posted this thread immediately after Game 3 and both sides were 3-0.

rascal
05-28-2023, 11:49 AM
Everyone wrote Boston off and they are the ones who will win.

JPB
05-28-2023, 11:52 AM
Everyone wrote Boston off and they are the ones who will win.

I didn't in this very thread tbh when they were 0-3

Maybe we should wait Miami actually make the finals.

wildbill2u
05-28-2023, 12:08 PM
It is great to see one of the four remaining ABA teams finally reach the finals and I hope they win the title easily. By the way, the Nuggets have some old connections with the Spurs in former coaches, Doug Moe and George Karl. I think George must still live in or near Denver because he attends some of the Nugget games from time to time.

spurs10
05-28-2023, 12:53 PM
Good jinx thread for the Celtics. I've been rooting for Denver from the start, but I'm really enjoying watching this amazing comeback. Derrick just killed it last night.

DAF86
05-28-2023, 01:22 PM
I like Jokic and the Nuggets way more than Butler and the Heat, but in the best interest of the Spurs I think the best thing would be for the Heat to win the chip. Jokic and Denver losing their virginity could mean a dynasty from now on.

Who I would really like seeing win it all are the Celtics so that they get more breathing room over the Lakers, but it seems like that ship has sailed.

All in in the Celtics, tbh. Jokic and Denver could become a scary prospect for the next decade with the confidence of being NBA champions.

spurs1990
05-29-2023, 08:49 PM
The cheat showing some tough resolve. Not unlike the Spurs in game 7. The problem is the other team is likely to cut into it in the 4th when everything gets tighter.

Conversely they could repeat the 2003 game 6 Spurs performance vs LA. Where everyone thought LA would cut it close I’m the 4th after getting as close as 9 at the end of 3. Spurs instead went on a spree and made it a 20 pt spread halfway through the 4th.

Will the cheat be the first true 8th seed to get to round four…

Mr. Body
05-29-2023, 08:52 PM
Miami has been well-coached. They won't beat themselves. They don't shrink at the big moments. But this shows how terrible the EC has been, and really the entire league has been shit this year.

spurs1990
05-29-2023, 08:57 PM
Derrick White no fear! 6’10 Adebayo couldn’t even score on him

Mr. Body
05-29-2023, 09:02 PM
Derrick White no fear! 6’10 Adebayo couldn’t even score on him

To be fair, Adebayo has been awful.

Mr. Body
05-29-2023, 09:23 PM
Both Celtics and Miami tend to hero-ball, partly for a lack of other options. I feel like Denver will shred either of them.

Mr. Body
05-29-2023, 09:26 PM
Boston's offense is just awful.

spurs1990
05-29-2023, 09:33 PM
Just watching Tatum it wasn’t a fair fight with him hobbled from the jump. Denver Miami may actually be a competitive series. Still like Denver in 5

Dejounte
05-29-2023, 09:36 PM
How things change quickly. Boston was once regarded a team with having a bright future.

rascal
05-29-2023, 09:55 PM
I was wrong. Thought Boston was going to win game 7.

Most of the time when a team loses a tough game 6 they lose game 7.

Mr. Body
05-29-2023, 09:58 PM
I was wrong. Thought Boston was going to win game 7.

Most of the time when a team loses a tough game 6 they lose game 7.

Celtics have no heart whatsoever. This isn't surprising at all.

HemisfairArena
05-29-2023, 10:33 PM
After watching the heart the Heat have and rebounding for a devastating game 6 loss,,,be very careful betting against them. Denver looks unstoppable but this Heat team just went through adversity which usually makes the team even more tougher in the next round,,,,. We all watched a lowly Giants team beat the undefeated Patriots in the Superbowl before,,,,. I mean the Heat just took out the Bucks and Celtics without homecourt advantage,,,thats crazy. Denver was the #1 seed and had the homecourt advantage,,,what this Heat team is doing is scary,,,,

Thomas82
05-29-2023, 10:45 PM
Nuggets

timtonymanu
05-30-2023, 12:56 AM
Spurs/Knicks all over again.

gilmor2002
05-30-2023, 01:09 AM
If Caleb Martin and Gabe Vincent show up.. then def Heat will beat the Nuggets

Fireball
05-30-2023, 02:00 AM
Heat do not stand a chance ...

RC_Drunkford
05-30-2023, 06:45 AM
Denver is gonna win this in 5

Millennial_Messiah
05-30-2023, 07:30 AM
Just watching Tatum it wasn’t a fair fight with him hobbled from the jump. Denver Miami may actually be a competitive series. Still like Denver in 5

Tatum is punchable a-f and a diva and it was fun watching him getting stripped over and over again like a punchable quarterback getting strip sacked over and over again.

Dejounte
05-30-2023, 07:36 AM
Tatum is the biggest psuedo star/ centerpiece there is. He’s this generation’s DeMar DeRozan.

daslicer
05-30-2023, 08:50 AM
After watching the heart the Heat have and rebounding for a devastating game 6 loss,,,be very careful betting against them. Denver looks unstoppable but this Heat team just went through adversity which usually makes the team even more tougher in the next round,,,,. We all watched a lowly Giants team beat the undefeated Patriots in the Superbowl before,,,,. I mean the Heat just took out the Bucks and Celtics without homecourt advantage,,,thats crazy. Denver was the #1 seed and had the homecourt advantage,,,what this Heat team is doing is scary,,,,

They remind me of the '99 Knicks. They will have the same results the Knicks had. If Denver protects the homecourt they will fall apart much the same way the '99 Knicks fell apart when the Spurs didn't allow them to win a game in SA.

LeBowen
05-30-2023, 08:59 AM
Tatum is the biggest psuedo star/ centerpiece there is. He’s this generation’s DeMar DeRozan.

And what do they have in common? A certain efficent 44% scorer is their idol.

As you guys said, I honestly can't see Miami getting more than 2 games at the most. Most likely it's easy 2-0 to start the series.
The worst possible matchup for them.

I'm really glad we're going to have another homegrown team win it all. And considering the disarray in most other contenders, it wouldn't surprise me if the Nuggets get another one next year.

rjv
05-30-2023, 10:23 AM
rooting for the nuggets to become the 2nd ABA team to get a banner.

spurs1990
05-30-2023, 11:50 AM
Yah I forgot Denver is a fellow ABA team. Another reason to pull for them. Their media coverage or lack thereof is not unlike the '00s SA title runs. Jokic a carbon copy of Duncan from a playstyle.

I'm hoping Morris still plays for Miami. We need payback for that cheat shot he gave the big man a couple years back.

Extra Stout
05-30-2023, 12:09 PM
And considering the disarray in most other contenders, it wouldn't surprise me if the Nuggets get another one next year.
So many teams are at a crossroads or otherwise it feels like they’ve peaked out — Boston, Philly, Milwaukee, Memphis, Phoenix, LAC, LAL, GSW.

The only teams that seem like they’re on the upswing are Cleveland, New York, and Sacramento, but none of them are at Denver’s level yet.

So I agree. This is Denver’s time to make hay.

RC_Drunkford
05-30-2023, 01:01 PM
Yah I forgot Denver is a fellow ABA team. Another reason to pull for them. Their media coverage or lack thereof is not unlike the '00s SA title runs. Jokic a carbon copy of Duncan from a playstyle.

I'm hoping Morris still plays for Miami. We need payback for that cheat shot he gave the big man a couple years back.

Jokic ended his career with that body check. I think he hasn't played since

TDomination
05-30-2023, 01:32 PM
Jokic ended his career with that body check. I think he hasn't played since

hes still playing but he did miss 58 games after that incident.
though he's not with the heat anymore

SayTown
05-30-2023, 01:38 PM
Miami, I'm a huge fan of Jimmy Buckets with how hard he plays on offense and defense and his toughness. He's got a Jordan, Kobe, Manu killer instinct about him.

TIMMYtoZO
05-31-2023, 07:23 PM
:lol at everyone still counting out the Heat. This team is superior to the 99 Knicks and the Nuggets are nowhere near the caliber of that 99 Spurs team. Miami makes love to adversity while Denver has yet to face it (They will this series.) That lack of preparation does not work in Denver’s favor at all. Heat will split in Denver, and then protect homecourt to wrap it up in 6 games.

jjspur
05-31-2023, 07:32 PM
I've been a Jimmy Butler fan since before he was drafted, but in this series it will be Denver in 6. He can't beat team ball by himself.

lefty20
05-31-2023, 07:33 PM
:lol at everyone still counting out the Heat. This team is superior to the 99 Knicks and the Nuggets are nowhere near the caliber of that 99 Spurs team. Miami makes love to adversity while Denver has yet to face it (They will this series.) That lack of preparation does not work in Denver’s favor at all. Heat will split in Denver, and then protect homecourt to wrap it up in 6 games.

They lost twice in Miami to the biggest mental midgets in the NBA.

Jokic/Murray ain't Tatum/Brown.

Heat gonna need to win 2 in Denver to get the Chip, and I just don't see that happening.

TIMMYtoZO
05-31-2023, 07:43 PM
They lost twice in Miami to the biggest mental midgets in the NBA.

Jokic/Murray ain't Tatum/Brown.

Heat gonna need to win 2 in Denver to get the Chip, and I just don't see that happening.

:lol Nobody saw Miami recovering after game 6 against Boston. Nobody saw them punking the Bucks (Minus Herro/Oladipo) in 5 games. All Miami has to do is protect homecourt to make it easier for themselves. They are a lock to split in Denver.

R. DeMurre
05-31-2023, 07:44 PM
Going back the last 5 seasons, Denver is 9-1 against Miami, and that includes multiple games where Murray and Porter Jr were out. I don't think Miami has an answer for Jokic, and most likely not for the Nuggets at full strength.

TIMMYtoZO
05-31-2023, 07:50 PM
Going back the last 5 seasons, Denver is 9-1 against Miami, and that includes multiple games where Murray and Porter Jr were out. I don't think Miami has an answer for Jokic, and most likely not for the Nuggets at full strength.

:lol grasping at straws. This current Heat team is superior to any of those regular season teams. You’ll learn the hard way.

spurraider21
05-31-2023, 08:01 PM
wow, timmytozo appearance

is harlemheat next?

lefty20
05-31-2023, 08:05 PM
:lol Nobody saw Miami recovering after game 6 against Boston. Nobody saw them punking the Bucks (Minus Herro/Oladipo) in 5 games. All Miami has to do is protect homecourt to make it easier for themselves. They are a lock to split in Denver.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/13vzpym/akbas_the_miami_heat_hit_58_of_their_wide_open_3s/

Heat put on a shooting clinic and STILL got pushed to 7 by the Celts.

They actually won me some money by winning G7. But I ain't about to risk a penny betting on them against the Nuggets.

PS- I'm a bit of degenerate, so I might cave in and put some pocket change on em if the odds are good enough.

R. DeMurre
05-31-2023, 08:31 PM
:lol grasping at straws. This current Heat team is superior to any of those regular season teams. You’ll learn the hard way.

I'd be happy to bet you $100 on it if you're so confident.

TIMMYtoZO
05-31-2023, 08:37 PM

:lol Just save my quotes and thank me for giving you the spoiler for the 2023 Finals in a few weeks.

R. DeMurre
05-31-2023, 08:38 PM
:lol ok, I'll bookmark it.

ace3g
06-01-2023, 12:15 AM
https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1663989240739536911

ambchang
06-01-2023, 05:56 AM
Would be interested to see if Murray can continue playing well against a very good Miami perimeter defence. Regardless it’s nuggets in 6, max.

Brazil
06-01-2023, 06:35 AM

:lol

Millennial_Messiah
06-01-2023, 07:16 AM
Eh, I'd say Jokic is more similar to post-Nellie Dirk than Duncan.

Duncan had the ability and range he just never took up the three point shot. He was proficient at the 15 foot free throw line shot and actually probably better at that than actual free throws. It was a different game back then, but it would have been a boost if Duncan could have shot the top of the key three like Jokic does whenever TP/Manu/Avery/SJax/whoever was driving into a packed paint and Duncan was out on the pick and pop instead of the 15 foot jumper which was always a poor spacing play IMO on my part.

:lol Just save my quotes and thank me for giving you the spoiler for the 2023 Finals in a few weeks.

I'm grateful to hear from you. People here and downstairs actually rumored that you dieded IRL.

buttsR4rebounding
06-01-2023, 08:18 AM

Joker's coach agrees with you:
"He’s not trying to be something he’s not. He’s not trying to create a narrative other than ‘I’m Nikola Jokic, I play for the Denver Nuggets, I’m gonna do everything I can to help my team win and I’m gonna do it with class, professionalism and I’m never gonna make it about me. That’s the rarity,” Malone said of Jokic. “I often make the comparison, I never coached Tim Duncan, but just from coaching against him and hearing stories about those that have been around him, Tim Duncan was a selfless superstar. I look at Nikola Jokic in the same vein. I think Nikola Jokic is truly selfless superstar, where it’s not about him. He’s not looking for people to ‘Look at me, tell me how great I am’. He’s almost embarrassed by the attention. He’s just wants to be one of the guys in the locker room, have fun, work hard and win.”
Source: Andrei de Guzman @ TalkBasket

CGD
06-01-2023, 09:00 AM
^ yeah I think this is the more apt comparison (temperament). Otherwise their games are different. Jokic will never reach Tim’s elite/generational defensive level, while Tim was never the world class passer Jokic is now (closest I’ve seen on a Spurs roster is Boris).

On offense generally I think they are just different.

BillMc
06-01-2023, 09:18 AM
Nuggets, though I do like Butler.

MultiTroll
06-01-2023, 10:25 AM

Timmy2Tits wants no part of that.
Like Jimmy Buckets, Lowry and the Heat yapping like poodles after Jokic returned one of the Morris fags cheapshot. From the secure confines of their locker room

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-01-2023, 10:38 AM
Nuggets, though I do like Butler.

Agreed. Hey Bill!

Gotta give another former ABA team the love.

EricB
06-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Denver. Always good for new blood to get a ring.

Extra Stout
06-01-2023, 10:49 AM
Jokic is the best player in the NBA and is having an impact like the greatest big men of all time. I’d like to see him add a ring (or two) to his resume to help cement his status.

ace3g
06-01-2023, 07:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxk3rm8XoAEH3Ko?format=jpg&name=large

BillMc
06-01-2023, 07:26 PM
Agreed. Hey Bill!

Gotta give another former ABA team the love.

:clap Amen, Bro!

ace3g
06-01-2023, 11:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxlh2OqX0AApx5U?format=jpg&name=large

Obstructed_View
06-02-2023, 01:29 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxlh2OqX0AApx5U?format=jpg&name=large
Both the Spurs in 99 and the Nuggs in 23 faced an 8 seed.

Seventyniner
06-02-2023, 10:15 AM
Both the Spurs in 99 and the Nuggs in 23 faced an 8 seed.

And the other two teams faced opponents from the 8th century.

Obstructed_View
06-02-2023, 10:57 AM
Jokic is the best player in the NBA and is having an impact like the greatest big men of all time. I’d like to see him add a ring (or two) to his resume to help cement his status.
It pains me for Denver fans to get anything they want, but I agree for the reasons you stated.

Drom John
06-02-2023, 02:43 PM
Nuggets.
1) Second ABA to win NBA.
2) Nuggets have never won, Heat have.

lefty20
06-02-2023, 06:41 PM

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-06-2015/XrQ0a8.gif

benefactor
06-04-2023, 07:25 PM
Heat playing hard and focused early tbh

ace3g
06-04-2023, 07:41 PM
Nuggets finally settled down.

benefactor
06-04-2023, 07:47 PM
Nuggets finally settled down.
It too it minute but the talent gap is glaring

benefactor
06-04-2023, 07:51 PM
Murray giving Bam det lesson. They don't even need Joker right now

ace3g
06-04-2023, 09:30 PM
3 point game again.

ace3g
06-04-2023, 09:33 PM
1-1

HemisfairArena
06-04-2023, 09:33 PM
Heat do not stand a chance ...

Im sorry,,,you were saying?,,,,

CGD
06-04-2023, 09:34 PM
Great game. It is very damning for Denver that they can’t reliably play Porter at the end of the game because he’s a defensive liability.

HemisfairArena
06-04-2023, 09:35 PM
Again, like I posted in this thread earlier,,,the Heat have heart and are battle tested,,,they took out the Bucks and Celtics on the road,,,,,if the Heat win both games in Miami and go up 3-1,,,this series is over.

Jordan Jackson
06-04-2023, 09:37 PM
That Heat team is a g-league team. No idea how they keep getting away with this. Are teams just not taking them seriously?

Nuggets need to end this series ASAP. They are playing a dangerous game letting this drag out.

daslicer
06-04-2023, 09:45 PM
That Heat team is a g-league team. No idea how they keep getting away with this. Are teams just not taking them seriously?

Nuggets need to end this series ASAP. They are playing a dangerous game letting this drag out.

They are having one of the flukiest runs I can remember. Last time I have seen a team just have team fire throughout the playoffs was the '01 Lakers. It was not surprising Kobe and Shaq played great during that run but guys like Fisher were shooting way above the norm which led to the Lakers having that ridiculous run. The difference with Miami is that Bam and Butler are not on Kobe-Shaq level but if they were they would have easily swept through the playoffs.

I still believe Denver will win this series. Jokic can get whatever he wants against Miami. The key is for them to keep their mental composure and not get frustrated by the refs like they did in the 4th.

lefty20
06-04-2023, 10:19 PM
Heat going from having negative pt diff in the reg season to being 3 games away from winning the Chip is some real shit.

Rest of the playoff teams should be embarrassed af if the Heat were able to manage to finish the job somehow.

playbonner15
06-04-2023, 10:20 PM
1-1

BatManu20
06-04-2023, 10:43 PM

They’re really not though tbh. All those undrafted players are shooting the shit out of the ball. Like they basically don’t miss if they’re even a little open lol. And Denver has some really low IQ players like MPJ & OKC who if they aren’t hitting their open looks, they’re both net negative players. And then you have Jamal Murray, who continues to be inconsistent and play poor defense. Denver is a good team but Jokic’s greatness really masks some of their shortcomings. But they’re finally playing a team that’s too good for that. Denver’s role players simply have to play better, period. If they do, Denver should win cause they’re the better team with the best player. But if those guys I mentioned continue to struggle, then the Nuggets will be in trouble.

HemisfairArena
06-04-2023, 10:58 PM
No 8 seed has ever won the NBA title,,,,we are watching history here,,,,if the Heat pull this off they will go down as one of the greatest NBA teams to ever win a title simply because they didnt have great players. They will have taken out all the giants,,,,Bucks, Celtics, Nuggets,,,,,they will have taken out both #1 seeds in each conference,,,all on the road. It will be the most amazing feat done in NBA playoff history,,,,so enough of this g league noise,,,,i want to witness history....Go Heat. This will be something you will tell your kids and grandkids about like telling them how you watched an 8th seed New York Giants team beat an undefeated New England Patriot team in the Super Bowl and ruin their perfect season.

CGD
06-04-2023, 11:04 PM
^ It’s not just that, they looked awful in the play-in round too.

Fireball
06-05-2023, 02:06 AM
how did the Heat pull this off? I really thought they were toast after the Nuggets gained the lead for the first time ...

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2023, 04:41 AM
why do they wanna extend this series? are the refs going to call them fouls where payers are just hanging onto jokic

kobyz
06-05-2023, 06:09 AM
^ It’s not just that, they looked awful in the play-in round too.
I think they tank the Atlanta game to have a Milwaukee-New York bracket instead of Boston-Philadelphia

CorrectCrusader
06-05-2023, 08:16 AM
why do they wanna extend this series? are the refs going to call them fouls where payers are just hanging onto jokic
That reffing in the fourth, whew.

LeBowen
06-05-2023, 08:55 AM
I'll never be able to like MPJ, he's such a negative IQ player it's infuriating to watch.

I can't see Heat winning the series, but they deserve everyone's respects. Not many teams in NBA history would be so resilient as such massive underdogs. They just refuse to fold and keep coming back at you. Nuggets can't break them, they have to grind every game out for 48 minutes.

Millennial_Messiah
06-05-2023, 09:04 AM

It's the NBA Finals. Let them play. It's June of 2003 and 2005, do you complain about the scores being in the 70s and 80s every game or do you want a free throw fest where all the best frontcourt players including Duncan are riding the pine much of each game due to foul trouble? Does Dick Jefferson and Rip Hamilton deserve free throws every time they dare attack the hoop? You tell me.

John B
06-05-2023, 03:49 PM
Heat reminds me of 95-96 Rockets with their heart to win. They’re just playing real good team basketball, everybody believing they can win it all.

heyheymymy
06-05-2023, 04:05 PM
Was crazy to see Braun shift the momentum in the Nugget's favor in 2Q last night. Thought that was a pretty shitty pick but he was doing everything for a little stretch there.

Millennial_Messiah
06-05-2023, 09:53 PM
Let's go Heat baby!! Go Underdogs... :)

timtonymanu
06-07-2023, 10:05 PM
Nice response by Denver. Honestly think they can take game 4 too but Miami has been unpredictable.

spurs1990
06-07-2023, 10:06 PM
Not sure how to feel about that Murray stat padding rebound. On one hand it may light a fire for the cheat, but then again Denver may literally not take them seriously and will just finish it by Sunday

BatManu20
06-07-2023, 10:35 PM
Was crazy to see Braun shift the momentum in the Nugget's favor in 2Q last night. Thought that was a pretty shitty pick but he was doing everything for a little stretch there.

He did it again tonight lol. Kid has been huge for Denver on both ends.

benefactor
06-07-2023, 10:39 PM
Joker will be in top five big man convos when he's done. He's close now

BatManu20
06-07-2023, 10:43 PM
Yea Joker is insane. First 30/20/10 game in Finals history. Guy is just unreal.

BatManu20
06-07-2023, 10:44 PM
Historical night in Miami.

Mr. Body
06-07-2023, 11:38 PM
He did it again tonight lol. Kid has been huge for Denver on both ends.

Some of those championship level NCAA guys wind up pretty nice, thinking of those Villanova guys, too. Not all of them, but when they hit, they know how to play.

daslicer
06-08-2023, 12:15 AM

He has a great motor and is hyperactive along with have good athleticism that's what I observed during the regular season when watching the Nuggets play. He is the ideal player for the Nuggets to use in this series to combat the Heat's relentless aggressive style of play.

Fireball
06-08-2023, 03:56 AM
Glad that Denver won ... thanks to massively reducing MPJs minutes and by hiting some threes

Maddog
06-08-2023, 05:37 AM
Heat reminds me of 95-96 Rockets with their heart to win. They’re just playing real good team basketball, everybody believing they can win it all.

Reminds me more of the 99 Knicks-
8th seed, well coached, tough
Going up against a generational big man

I'm rooting for Denver
Love Joker's style of play and of course the old ABA ties

https://sportsteamhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/denver_rockets_spurs.jpeg
http://www.remembertheaba.com/TeamMaterial/SanAntonioMaterial/SilasDribbleCalvinCls.jpg

RC_Drunkford
06-08-2023, 07:12 AM
Even without a team in the NBA Finals, Spurs fans aren’t on the sidelines — San Antonio was a top-five market for the first game of the series between the Miami Heat and Denver Nuggets. (https://www.axios.com/local/san-antonio/2023/06/06/nba-finals-ratings-san-antonio) San Antonio has long been considered a small market, but taking the fifth spot with an 8.7 rating shows this is a basketball city.
2 days ago (https://hoopshype.com/rumor/2111111/) – via axios.com (https://www.axios.com/local/san-antonio/2023/06/06/nba-finals-ratings-san-antonio)

lebomb
06-08-2023, 07:23 AM
Still have Nuggets in 6.

Fireball
06-08-2023, 07:28 AM
lets see if MPJs minutes continue to decrease ... I hate that guy :lol

CGD
06-08-2023, 07:32 AM
That’s awesome

Seventyniner
06-08-2023, 09:12 AM
Historical night in Miami.

I usually don't put much weight on counting stats like that, mainly because the league recently has been playing at a faster pace which makes it easier to rack up those stats. But last night's game pace was 90.5, about 10% below the league average this year (99.2) and about equal to the average game in the early 2000s.

GAustex
06-08-2023, 09:29 AM
Reminds me more of the 99 Knicks-
8th seed, well coached, tough
Going up against a generational big man

I'm rooting for Denver
Love Joker's style of play and of course the old ABA ties

https://sportsteamhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/denver_rockets_spurs.jpeg
http://www.remembertheaba.com/TeamMaterial/SanAntonioMaterial/SilasDribbleCalvinCls.jpg
The Snake

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2023, 10:42 AM
I usually don't put much weight on counting stats like that, mainly because the league recently has been playing at a faster pace which makes it easier to rack up those stats. But last night's game pace was 90.5, about 10% below the league average this year (99.2) and about equal to the average game in the early 2000s.

Murray had to grab that tenth rebound with just a few seconds left in the game, so they were certainly chasing that mark, but I hear you, it's quite the feat.

exstatic
06-08-2023, 10:49 AM
Murray had to grab that tenth rebound with just a few seconds left in the game, so they were certainly chasing that mark, but I hear you, it's quite the feat.

From what I heard, Denver pulled everyone else, but Miami kept fouling Murray, and he had to shoot the FTs so he couldn't be pulled. If that's the case, then I don't have a problem with him grabbing that last board with seconds left.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2023, 10:54 AM
From what I heard, Denver pulled everyone else, but Miami kept fouling Murray, and he had to shoot the FTs so he couldn't be pulled. If that's the case, then I don't have a problem with him grabbing that last board with seconds left.

Agreed.

Joker's triple-doubles are impressive in that he's not just trying to fill the stat sheet like Westbrook's often seem to be. Those two guys putting up those type of numbers in a Finals game is amazing. Gotta respect what Denver has done this year. Really the only truly consistent team in the NBA this season.

Mr. Body
06-08-2023, 10:57 AM
Deep playoff runs often depend on the quality of your role-players. Your stars matter, of course -- if your James Harden shrinks to a raisin once again, you're out of luck. Boston couldn't stop the Miami shooters from going off. Right now the Denver role-players like Braun are ascendant. It just feels like they have more guys who can chip in. Hard to overcome when their star is so dominant.

TDomination
06-08-2023, 03:29 PM
Loved Christian Braun in Game 3 for Denver.
He put his head down and attacked the basket with great results. Went right at Butler and scored on him late in the game. Beautiful basketball.

timtonymanu
06-10-2023, 12:59 AM
Nuggets one game away from making their own history.

Can't believe this was once the franchise that was destined for mediocrity when Carmelo was there.

BatManu20
06-10-2023, 08:04 AM
Nuggets will join the Spurs as the only original ABA franchises to win a Championship. They deserve it tbh. Best team all season with the best player who was robbed of his 3rd straight MVP.

BackHome
06-10-2023, 11:16 AM
I hope this leads the league to go back to the old days in pushing bigs in there marketing

exstatic
06-11-2023, 05:42 PM
I hope this leads the league to go back to the old days in pushing bigs in there marketing

Why would it? He’s part of a dying breed, only thriving because he’s adapted to the modern game.

Millennial_Messiah
06-12-2023, 11:48 AM

Yeah, he didn't exactly pull a Ricky Davis.

MultiTroll
06-12-2023, 12:10 PM
Nuggets one game away from making their own history.

Can't believe this was once the franchise that was destined for mediocrity when Carmelo was there.
:lol
Get ready in a few years for more dilution of the *Hall of Fame.

Such an insult to true HOFs like Russel, Wilt, Kream, Bird, Duncan.
They should have a Tier 1 and Tier 2. 3 4 5 for guys like Marshmallow.

This is cool tho. Seeing a somewhat Spurslike franchise and Timmy Duncanlike player lead the win.

CGD
06-12-2023, 08:46 PM
Stephen A Smith has the dumbest suit on right now

LakerHater
06-12-2023, 08:55 PM
https://images4.imagebam.com/89/07/13/MELV82K_o.jpg

Dex
06-12-2023, 09:08 PM
Stephen A Smith has the dumbest suit on right now

Dude is just upset he won't be getting any more paid trips to Miami

CGD
06-12-2023, 09:50 PM
Bs call

scott
06-12-2023, 10:03 PM
The Pre-Wemby Era of the NBA is finally over.

thiste
06-12-2023, 10:09 PM
Horrible game, horrible officiating, entirely deserved title.

CGD
06-12-2023, 10:11 PM
Yeah, but I’m sure you’ll remember from the Spurs runs, these types of games devolve into rock fights. This was no different.

Happy for Denver. Takes me back to being a young pup in SA in 1999.

Mr. Body
06-12-2023, 10:16 PM
Denver was locked in since the start of the playoffs. You could see this coming.

thiste
06-12-2023, 10:21 PM
Yeah, but I’m sure you’ll remember from the Spurs runs, these types of games devolve into rock fights. This was no different.

Happy for Denver. Takes me back to being a young pup in SA in 1999.

We are indeed spoiled with the Spurs run, freshest memory is 2014 obviously where the Spurs put on a clinic on the Heatles. Sure, some games against the Pistons were pretty rough in 2005 (I mostly remember game 5), still I don't remember the Spurs shooting that bad in a Finals game and I was there for all of them.

For these Nuggets, the last game of their first Finals, it showed.

tim_duncan_fan
06-12-2023, 10:22 PM
Congrats to The Joker and them guys. Well done!

thiste
06-12-2023, 10:23 PM
And I'm sorry for all the haters but Jokic is the best Basketball player in the World, no debate.

KobesAchilles
06-12-2023, 10:26 PM
Who is saying he isn’t the best in the world? He clearly raised his game this year and is just unstoppable on offense.

spurs1990
06-12-2023, 10:29 PM
Can't imagine why Denver can't go on a run. A three peat should be a realistic goal

thiste
06-12-2023, 10:29 PM
Who is saying he isn’t the best in the world? He clearly raised his game this year and is just unstoppable on offense.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SSa0zu61Opk/hqdefault.jpg

lefty20
06-12-2023, 10:32 PM

Mainly Embiid/Philly fans. But you also have idiots like Perkins and then Jackson who didn't even put Jokic on his MVP ballot.

Also, Lisa Salters who was admitted to being surprised by Jokic being as good as he like two weeks ago.

Lots of idiots floating around, tbh.

KobesAchilles
06-12-2023, 10:37 PM
I mean does anyone take Perk seriously? The dude is a paid troll like Skip. But yeah Marc Jackson was unforgivable and Lisa Salters needs to retire. Jokic was obviously great. His only problem was defense. He is a shitty rim protector. But credit to Denver in getting defensive wings that helped Jokic and a scheme that made him pretty solid on defense.

Mr. Body
06-12-2023, 10:38 PM
There's a lot of bias/bigotry against Euro players around the league nowadays. It's pretty awful.

Rubberducky
06-12-2023, 10:42 PM
I thought I couldn’t respect him more after “The job is done, we can go home now”, but then he brought his daughter to the stage while getting the FMVP trophy.

Very fun team and they deserve this :toast

Donald Sterling.
06-12-2023, 10:59 PM
Wrong thread.

DAF86
06-13-2023, 03:34 PM
Enjoy Jokic while you can Spurs fans, we gonna be hating him for the next decade.

TD 21
06-13-2023, 04:52 PM
There's a lot of bias/bigotry against Euro players around the league nowadays. It's pretty awful.

Only by most "inner-city" blacks. But it goes both ways. Most whites incessantly slobber over any quality white player, overlook their flaws and nitpick those some flaws with the former.

Even reading draft content, every year virtually every white shooter is supposedly a better athlete/defender/tougher than given credit for, while also being high IQ and hard working.

John B
06-13-2023, 04:58 PM
Why would it? He’s part of a dying breed, only thriving because he’s adapted to the modern game.

But I think teams will start putting defensive bigs to defend Jokic, similar way teams went big with Shaq.

exstatic
06-13-2023, 05:14 PM
But I think teams will start putting defensive bigs to defend Jokic, similar way teams went big with Shaq.

You can’t, because the you’re playing 4 on 5 on offense, not to mention that you just have to put them into a pick and roll to get a switch on a guard.

DAF86
06-13-2023, 08:07 PM
You can’t, because the you’re playing 4 on 5 on offense, not to mention that you just have to put them into a pick and roll to get a switch on a guard.

Also, Jokic can just park outside and burn them with jumpers all game long.