PDA

View Full Version : Bron hanging ‘em up?

scott
05-23-2023, 12:56 AM
After being swept by the Nugs, Bron told ESPN he had a lot to think about this offseason. When pressed on if he meant about playing next season, he said “Yeah, I have a lot to think about.”

Do you think Bron hangs ‘em up? Maybe he retires for one year, watches Bronny at USC, and then comes back to play with him for one year (would he still be under contract if he did that)?

I find it hard to believe Bron would go out without a farewell tour.

Like him or hate him, his retirement would change the league significantly.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-23-2023, 12:59 AM
Doubt it, but if he's disillusioned with that Lakers team the Spurs have a glut of second round picks to trade :lol

John B
05-23-2023, 01:01 AM
He’s not going anywhere. He’s like Rocky trying to squeeze as much revenue. Plus he wants to play with Bronny. It would be harder for his body to take a very long break. It might not get back to that high level at his age. Nah, he’s going to recruit Irving, Jalen Brown, Sabonis. Bruh, the guy has no shame.

Spursfanfromafar
05-23-2023, 01:03 AM
Naa.. seems to me, just the musings of a competitor after a tough season and a hard loss. Dude won't hang it up.. but he might seek a trade, who knows! His son is due to be drafted next year and he has expressed his keenness to play with him a la Ken Griffey Sr/Jr many a time.

scott
05-23-2023, 01:04 AM
He’s not going anywhere. He’s like Rocky trying to squeeze as much revenue. Plus he wants to play with Bronny. It would be harder for his body to take a very long break. It might not get back to that high level at his age. Nah, he’s going to recruit Irving, Jalen Brown, Sabonis. Bruh, the guy has no shame.

You’re commitment to Spurs Uber-Homer/Bron ultra-hater is noted. :lol

scott
05-23-2023, 01:06 AM
I could his postgame comments being a message to management that they’d better go all-in (Kyrie) this offseason or he’s done (whether he means it or not).

Their WCF run is pretty impressive this year considering they looked to be headed to the lottery all season.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Kyrie end up there simply to fuck Dallas over further.

Spursfanfromafar
05-23-2023, 01:13 AM
I could his postgame comments being a message to management that they’d better go all-in (Kyrie) this offseason or he’s done (whether he means it or not).

Their WCF run is pretty impressive this year considering they looked to be headed to the lottery all season.

And screw up the Lakers too :). Their defense, which carried them in the playoffs will immediately weaken.. and if they sign Flat-earther, they can possibly say goodbye to Austin Reaves as well.

Obstructed_View
05-23-2023, 01:37 AM
He wants the networks, the league, free agents, and his teammates to move heaven and earth for his highness.

MI21
05-23-2023, 01:38 AM
Not buying this for a minute. I don't mind LeBron but there is no doubt he loves to make things about himself.

heyheymymy
05-23-2023, 03:51 AM
Lebron is still in great shape and playing quite well. Not sure where it all shakes out.

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2023, 04:22 AM
never a fan of him, could care less if he retires or continues...

EricB
05-23-2023, 04:33 AM

according to a salary cap guru I follow on Twitter and I think he writes about the lakers.

apparently Kyrie and the Mavericks after he got traded there have a handshake deal on a 4 year contract

Obstructed_View
05-23-2023, 04:51 AM
Even money there is more talk about Lebron tomorrow than there is about how good the Nuggets are.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-23-2023, 05:18 AM
Even money there is more talk about Lebron tomorrow than there is about how good the Nuggets are.

lol yeah LeBron said this just to troll Mike Malone even more.

Mr. Body
05-23-2023, 06:03 AM
How much HGH is left?

SpursRussia
05-23-2023, 06:06 AM
Just his typical drama queen

RC_Drunkford
05-23-2023, 06:21 AM
swept :lol

exstatic
05-23-2023, 06:23 AM
Just his typical drama queen

Yeah, he just wants the media to say “No, LeBron don’t go!”

Mikesatx
05-23-2023, 07:08 AM
After being swept by the Nugs, Bron told ESPN he had a lot to think about this offseason. When pressed on if he meant about playing next season, he said “Yeah, I have a lot to think about.”

Do you think Bron hangs ‘em up? Maybe he retires for one year, watches Bronny at USC, and then comes back to play with him for one year (would he still be under contract if he did that)?

I find it hard to believe Bron would go out without a farewell tour.

Like him or hate him, his retirement would change the league significantly.

He won’t retire without the farewell tour.

Extra Stout
05-23-2023, 07:14 AM
Look at me

Ocotillo
05-23-2023, 07:59 AM
I saw a headline that I took as hinting Lebron wanted to pursue ownership in the Lakers post playing days but I misread it and it was about him leveraging Pelinka by hinting at retirement so he can keep trying his hand at team building. Nonetheless, it provoked the thought I hope he does pursue an ownership role in the Lakers as his GM attempts have been less stellar than his on court accomplishments.

The Truth #6
05-23-2023, 08:35 AM
He ruined their chances by going all in for Westbrick. They had solid pieces like Caruso that fit well. Probably could’ve had Derozan as well. Pelinka and Jeanie are, it seems, rightly pushing back and holding some boundaries. I don’t think Lebron has that much leverage. He would look like an idiot leaving again. He’s using his son as leverage also. He got AD. Just a bunch of quick fixes creating more problems.

exstatic
05-23-2023, 08:37 AM
He ruined their chances by going all in for Westbrick. They had solid pieces like Caruso that fit well. Probably could’ve had Derozan as well. Pelinka and Jeanie are, it seems, rightly pushing back and holding some boundaries. I don’t think Lebron has that much leverage. He would look like an idiot leaving again. He’s using his son as leverage also. He got AD. Just a bunch of quick fixes creating more problems.

His son is not going to be all that great, in spite of the hype. He's looking like a back half FRP, rotation level player.

Dex
05-23-2023, 08:44 AM
I'm not a huge fan of LeBron, but gotta give him credit when it's due. Dude dragged this ragtag Laker team to the WCF.

Obviously after getting swept and shut down on the games two final shot attempts, he is gonna be LeMotional.

LeBron will be back next season. Dude was just venting and giving the media something to talk about. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Mugen
05-23-2023, 08:47 AM
Zero chance he doesn't go out on a retirement tour like KoMe did tbh

slick'81
05-23-2023, 08:52 AM
He's waiting for his son

The Truth #6
05-23-2023, 09:12 AM
His son is not going to be all that great, in spite of the hype. He's looking like a back half FRP, rotation level player.

Agreed. But my point is he’s saying he wants to play with his son as a threat of leaving LA so he can get whatever control that he’s looking for—it’s his only move left.

exstatic
05-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Agreed. But my point is he’s saying he wants to play with his son as a threat of leaving LA so he can get whatever control that he’s looking for—it’s his only move left.

Laker FO hasn't seemed cowed by his threats in the last year or so. They know like most people that he's not really in LA for basketball, but as a lunching pad for his second career in entertainment. Any threat, veiled or otherwise, is pretty empty.

spursparker9
05-23-2023, 09:45 AM
Nah, he will play.

He just want ESPN to talk about him during the Finals

RD2191
05-23-2023, 09:54 AM
LeDramaQueen being a drama queen per usual. Pulled his patented "big game but I can't do it all alone" so the media can place the blame on his teammates. I wonder what bullshit the league is gonna pull to get LeBronze his 5th ring?

DC23
05-23-2023, 09:59 AM
He isn't retiring. He wants 40,000 points and to play his his son.

The Truth #6
05-23-2023, 10:09 AM
I think he probably wants to play with his son because: he wants his son to get a guaranteed contract and might not otherwise (nepotism, basically); he is using that as leverage to get more awful star players to the Lakers.

Dex
05-23-2023, 10:11 AM
LeDramaQueen being a drama queen per usual. Pulled his patented "big game but I can't do it all alone" so the media can place the blame on his teammates. I wonder what bullshit the league is gonna pull to get LeBronze his 5th ring?

Not to give them any excuses because FTL, but when Austin Reaves is your third best player then your ceiling is obviously limited.

D'Angelo Russell got completely exposed in these playoffs, especially on the defensive end.

The Truth #6
05-23-2023, 10:12 AM
Remember this gem from Lebron after a playoff exit, the fake cast:

https://youtu.be/3cLeyrS1cW8

BatManu20
05-23-2023, 10:21 AM
Lol yea right. Not without his farewell tour he’s not. LeDramaKing just doing what he does best tbh. Brown ain’t goin’ anywhere.

JPB
05-23-2023, 10:27 AM
Should be renamed the Lebron haters thread tbh.

cd98
05-23-2023, 10:28 AM
I actually think we should draft Bronnie if Lebron is still willing to play one season with him. Not that I think that will help us win more games and I don't know how legit a prospect Bronnie is. But I do think that having Lebron's leadership and experience would be helpful. I know there is lots to criticize for Lebron, but on all the teams I've seen him on, he is good at being a leader and he is a good teammate and that would help a lockerroom of young players.

MultiTroll
05-23-2023, 10:28 AM
Remember this gem from Lebron after a playoff exit, the fake cast:

https://youtu.be/3cLeyrS1cW8
Yes remember the super rigged call in favor of Durbetta to rob Lebron of drawing a charge call and gifting the Golden Phaggots FTs and Game 1.

MultiTroll
05-23-2023, 10:29 AM
Should be renamed the Lebron haters thread tbh.
Absolutely :lol

Philthemage
05-23-2023, 10:31 AM
I actually think we should draft Bronnie if Lebron is still willing to play one season with him. Not that I think that will help us win more games and I don't know how legit a prospect Bronnie is. But I do think that having Lebron's leadership and experience would be helpful. I know there is lots to criticize for Lebron, but on all the teams I've seen him on, he is good at being a leader and he is a good teammate and that would help a lockerroom of young players.

No thanks. LeBron leaves any team in shambles as he forces teams to mortgage the their futures to build a super team around him. He's a parasite.

emmo
05-23-2023, 10:33 AM
Would it be considered tampering if LBJ just came out and said before next years draft that he plans to play for whoever signs his son? Would lottery teams use their pick on Bronny for the added value of having the package deal?

John B
05-23-2023, 10:35 AM

I just puke in my mouth :nutkick:

MultiTroll
05-23-2023, 10:41 AM
Bronny already runs and moves almost identical to Lebron.
Is only 18, so lots of development to take place.

Bronny absolutely could be a good prospect, and if Lebron is *only* getting near triple doubles and 40 points now, pretty sure he himself could be far better then most if not all 13th bench guys two years from now. At vet minimum, ya I'd go for that.

Spurs Homer
05-23-2023, 10:44 AM
I think he will retire. Every game i saw him in these playoffs left me thinking to myself, “lebron should retire.”

When he answered that question in the presser- it felt like the most honest thing he has said in years and i hope he realizes it is time to go.

He looks done to me. Not done as in he cannot play anymore- but just done as in- its time for a change, been doing this forever and accomplished everything and i need to move on-

that kind of “done.”

The Truth #6
05-23-2023, 10:51 AM
He’s done in the sense that he isn’t leaving LA and AD can’t be counted on to take the torch. His brand identity is greatness so he’s really stuck because he can’t be as great as he was. He held on longer than anyone else, so props for that.

MultiTroll
05-23-2023, 10:56 AM
Would it be considered tampering if LBJ just came out and said before next years draft that he plans to play for whoever signs his son? Would lottery teams use their pick on Bronny for the added value of having the package deal?
While speaking in a one-on-one with The Athletic's Jason Llyod (https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1495149770729349125), James expressed his desire to play at least one year with his son, Bronny, and that he will play wherever his son is playing the year before he retires.
“My last year will be played with my son,” James said to The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/3138844/2022/02/19/could-lebron-james-return-to-cleveland-again-the-doors-not-closed-on-that-he-says/?source=twitterhq). “Wherever Bronny is at, that’s where I’ll be. I would do whatever it takes to play with my son for one year. It’s not about the money at that point.”

Link
LeBron James makes declaration about playing with his son, Bronny - Sports Illustrated (https://www.si.com/nba/2022/02/19/lebron-bronny-james-nba-retire#:~:text=During%20All-Star%20weekend%20on%20Saturday%2C%20LeBron%20James %20confirmed,son%20is%20playing%20the%20year%20bef ore%20he%20retires.)

spurraider21
05-23-2023, 11:09 AM
i doubt it. they got swept by a much better team. dont forget that the lakers squeaked into the playoffs and then got paired with a collapsing memphis team in the first round as well. nuggets were great all season, so anything short of a 5 game win by denver would have been surprising

but lebron himself is still playing at a very high level. no, he's not the best player in the world anymore, but on a nightly basis he can be. he dropped an efficient 40 on the way out this year. i dont think lebron would hang them up if he's playing this well. its not like kobe and to a lesser degree, duncan limping to the finish line

cd98
05-23-2023, 11:11 AM
No thanks. LeBron leaves any team in shambles as he forces teams to mortgage the their futures to build a super team around him. He's a parasite.

no, he wouldn’t have the power to effect the roster bc he would be retiring in a year. If he wanted to reshape the roster, they wouldn’t sign him. If Wemby is as advertised, he’d be the one calling the shots, if anyone.

Dex
I think he will retire. Every game i saw him in these playoffs left me thinking to myself, “lebron should retire.”

When he answered that question in the presser- it felt like the most honest thing he has said in years and i hope he realizes it is time to go.

He looks done to me. Not done as in he cannot play anymore- but just done as in- its time for a change, been doing this forever and accomplished everything and i need to move on-

that kind of “done.”

Dude just needs to temper his expectations. Trying to continue this narrative of "for me it's championship or bust" at 39/40 isn't going to fly anymore. And if that really is his expectation, dude should just retire.

If he wants to play into his 40s, he needs to realize that he isn't going to be leading teams to titles at that point. He can still be a VERY good player, but his prime is obviously behind him.

The Truth #6
Yes remember the super rigged call in favor of Durbetta to rob Lebron of drawing a charge call and gifting the Golden Phaggots FTs and Game 1.

The NBA is rigged…against Lebron?

Joseph Kony
05-23-2023, 11:12 AM
There is zero chance of him retiring without a year long farewell suckfest

jjspur
05-23-2023, 11:13 AM
Its a veiled message to Rob Pelinka that he'd better get the talent I want or else I'm asking for a trade. Same demand he's made every time he's been embarrassed in the playoffs. Help me Kyrie one Kenobi, you're my only hope.

He getting a year older and slower, does he really think he's got one last hurrah left ? With Kyrie at his side I don't know. It's a risky move.

MultiTroll
05-23-2023, 11:17 AM
The NBA is rigged…against Lebron?
Circa 2015 the Golden Phaggots became the ABC Disney NBA riggers.

What went on behind the scenes to switch from the Lakers to the Warriors, i do not know.

exstatic
05-23-2023, 11:20 AM
Dude just needs to temper his expectations. Trying to continue this narrative of "for me it's championship or bust" at 39/40 isn't going to fly anymore. And if that really is his expectation, dude should just retire.

If he wants to play into his 40s, he needs to realize that he isn't going to be leading teams to titles at that point. He can still be a VERY good player, but his prime is obviously behind him.

His prime was already behind him when he docked his ship in LA. He couldn't even take them to the playoffs, so he had to go poach AD from the Pels. That was the moment.

emmo
05-23-2023, 11:20 AM
While speaking in a one-on-one with The Athletic's Jason Llyod (https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1495149770729349125), James expressed his desire to play at least one year with his son, Bronny, and that he will play wherever his son is playing the year before he retires.
“My last year will be played with my son,” James said to The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/3138844/2022/02/19/could-lebron-james-return-to-cleveland-again-the-doors-not-closed-on-that-he-says/?source=twitterhq). “Wherever Bronny is at, that’s where I’ll be. I would do whatever it takes to play with my son for one year. It’s not about the money at that point.”

Link
LeBron James makes declaration about playing with his son, Bronny - Sports Illustrated (https://www.si.com/nba/2022/02/19/lebron-bronny-james-nba-retire#:~:text=During%20All-Star%20weekend%20on%20Saturday%2C%20LeBron%20James %20confirmed,son%20is%20playing%20the%20year%20bef ore%20he%20retires.)

So is this tampering? It definitely affects the draft.

kace
05-23-2023, 11:42 AM
trying to draw some attention or probably putting some pressure on LA to make the best possible roster, whatever the cost, as usual for him.

but when i read some comments, it seems LBJ is a former superstar ending like a role player on his team.

Stats of RS: more or less 29 pts, 7 assists and 8 rbds. at 52.4 % (36% 3pts)
Stats of PO: 24.5 pts, 6.5 assists, 10 rbds at 50% (26.5% at 3 pts). and even playing good defense during the PO.

He's not at his peak anymore, that's clear, but he's still impressive.

i have to say that the level he shows at his age is maybe what could make him IMO the best player of the post-Jordan era.

I would have chosen Timmy because he was so good and dominant since day one, which is very rare in the NBA. but the end of Lebron career could give him the advantage in this debate.

One other massive advantage for Timmy, is that he did all of this with the same team and with two late draft picks as main teamates. not forcing trades and joining other franchise players like LBJ did. but still impressed with his level.

kace
05-23-2023, 11:50 AM
So is this tampering? It definitely affects the draft.

he said recently “I need to be on the floor with my boy, I got to be on the floor with Bronny,” James said, before adding a quick addendum to the plan.

“Either in the same uniform or a matchup against him,” he said. “. . . But I would love to do the whole Ken Griffey Sr. and Jr. thing. That would be ideal for sure.”

so maybe, he realized that he should not have said that the way he did, and maybe because of the influence on the draft as you said. I don't know, but i noticed the change of speech from him.

rogcl1
05-23-2023, 12:03 PM
Le Drama gotta keep himself in the news.

R. DeMurre
05-23-2023, 12:05 PM
He's 38 years old and just finished maybe the greatest season ever for a player that age, broke the all time scoring record, has a son who might possibly play in the league in a year or two, plays for recently much improved squad, and just lost to the best player in the league... In this instance, I kinda believe that LeBron was just being honest and thinking out loud. He does have a lot to think about, but he's not retiring.

exstatic
05-23-2023, 12:05 PM
Le Drama gotta keep himself in the news.

Most HOF players, with a few exceptions like Stockton and Malone, I would miss when they retire. I won't miss the LeBron circus at all.

baseline bum
05-23-2023, 12:30 PM

The only way it seems reasonable that it happens is if the Mavs are willing to take D'Angelo Russell back in a sign and trade. Otherwise the Lakers would have to renounce Hachimura, Walker, Schroder, and Vanderbilt to only have about $20 million to throw at Irving. They luck out in Reaves only costing about a $2.3 million cap hold so he could be signed over the cap later but Hachimura and Schroder make too much for them to do similar for those guys.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-23-2023, 12:35 PM
Zero chance that drama queen little bitch doesn't insist on a year long farewell tour so all the fans can show him love.

superbigtime
05-23-2023, 03:19 PM
Not a big LeBron fan, but not a hater either. His lack of sportsmanship is a huge turn off.

Extra Stout
05-23-2023, 03:23 PM
The only way it seems reasonable that it happens is if the Mavs are willing to take D'Angelo Russell back in a sign and trade. Otherwise the Lakers would have to renounce Hachimura, Walker, Schroder, and Vanderbilt to only have about $20 million to throw at Irving. They luck out in Reaves only costing about a $2.3 million cap hold so he could be signed over the cap later but Hachimura and Schroder make too much for them to do similar for those guys.
All those guys except Hachimura seem pretty easy to replace.

Baillol
05-23-2023, 03:47 PM
He may not be Lebron 2018 but he's still playing top 10. You dissin him because he's no longer sittin on the top of a mountain alone? Nah - he's still prime time and this LA team wouldve beat any other team this season in the playoffs. They just came across a team perfectly constructed by the player that's taken over the King's throne.

exstatic
05-23-2023, 03:49 PM
He may not be Lebron 2018 but he's still playing top 10. You dissin him because he's no longer sittin on the top of a mountain alone? Nah - he's still prime time and this LA team wouldve beat any other team this season in the playoffs. They just came across a team perfectly constructed by the player that's taken over the King's throne.

No he's not, and they drew a perfect advancement path for the first few rounds.

baseline bum
05-23-2023, 03:52 PM
All those guys except Hachimura seem pretty easy to replace.

They'd have no MLE to fill out the roster and $20 million probably isn't enough to get Irving to sign as a free agent anyways.

baseline bum
05-23-2023, 03:55 PM

He ain't the give him the ball and get the hell out of the way 4th quarter guy he was three years ago but it was still a hell of a playoffs for him. We'll never see him this deep in the postseason again though unless he becomes a ring chasing role player. Can't imagine he has another season and playoffs like this in him again.

exstatic
05-23-2023, 03:56 PM
He ain't the give him the ball and get the hell out of the way 4th quarter guy he was three years ago but it was still a hell of a playoffs for him. We'll never see him this deep in the postseason again though unless he becomes a ring chasing role player. Can't imagine he has another season and playoffs like this in him again.

The HGH stopped being effective.

Pauleta14
05-23-2023, 05:13 PM
It would be very UnBron like of him not to use an opportunity to make ppl talk about him.

Barfunk
05-23-2023, 06:00 PM
If Lebron was serious about winning championships, and someone of his caliber has to be, he should've come to the Spurs in 2018. With Pop as his coach, he could've very well won at least 2 more rings, maybe even 3. But since he thinks he's too big for a team like the Spurs and a city like San Antonio, all he won was that meager and hollow ass bubble ring.

MultiTroll
05-23-2023, 06:05 PM
Lebron Haters,

Sorry about your finding out the girlfriend you wanted putt up a picture of Lebron on her wall.

Which players in this years playoffs have been better?
Where does Lebron rank for this seasons playoffs, compared to all the other plaers?

You know, since Lebron is such a scrub and role player.

spurraider21
05-23-2023, 07:26 PM
in the conference finals he averaged 28/9.5/10 on 52% shooting while playing more minutes than anybody in the series

spurraider21
05-23-2023, 07:28 PM
If Lebron was serious about winning championships, and someone of his caliber has to be, he should've come to the Spurs in 2018. With Pop as his coach, he could've very well won at least 2 more rings, maybe even 3. But since he thinks he's too big for a team like the Spurs and a city like San Antonio, all he won was that meager and hollow ass bubble ring.
lebron was so unserious about winning championships that he chose LA over SA and won a championship in his second season there

ismael-robert
05-23-2023, 07:34 PM
in the conference finals he averaged 28/9.5/10 on 52% shooting while playing more minutes than anybody in the series

Exactly. Dumb thread is dumb

ismael-robert
05-23-2023, 07:34 PM
This lakers forum?

exstatic
05-23-2023, 07:45 PM
This lakers forum?

You forum owner?

timtonymanu
05-23-2023, 08:35 PM
I’m sure Lebron will have his tweet/Instagram post ready announcing whether or not he’s coming back though. Love Lebron but everything with him has to be theatrical.

NickiRasgo
05-23-2023, 08:56 PM
I doubt he exit that season like that. He and the NBA wants that "Retirement Tour".

Barfunk
05-23-2023, 09:04 PM
lebron was so unserious about winning championships that he chose LA over SA and won a championship in his second season there

Did you not read what I just wrote? I said all he got was that sorry ass bubble ring. And yeah of course, ONE of the reasons he chose LA was because he'll get the calls there which makes winning a ring easier. I still maintain that he would've won more rings if he paired up with Pop as his coach in 2018. If people want to talk shit about our shortened season ring, then Lebron's bubble ring is an abomination.

Barfunk
05-23-2023, 09:12 PM
Lakers led the league in free throw disparity by a big margin and were getting phantom calls against the Nuggets while also getting more free throws every single game in the series, and still they got spanked 4-0. They just weren't good enough despite the refs doing their best to put them in a position to succeed. The Lakers still had to capitalize, and they didn't.

99 Problems
05-24-2023, 04:58 AM
He’s going nowhere. Just waiting for Kyrie to join him and street clothes tbh….

exstatic
05-24-2023, 06:35 AM

Mickey Mouse championship. It’s no coincidence that in a season with a forced 6 month pause, both he andAD were fresh enough in the playoffs, and having no road crowds to contend with, won the Orlando Tournament.

Ice009
05-24-2023, 07:27 AM
Mickey Mouse championship. It’s no coincidence that in a season with a forced 6 month pause, both he andAD were fresh enough in the playoffs, and having no road crowds to contend with, won the Orlando Tournament.

I can't even remember that season. Was the pause really 6 months? Lebron and AD would have been crazy fresh going into those playoffs. No fans also made easier.

daslicer
05-24-2023, 07:57 AM
I can't even remember that season. Was the pause really 6 months? Lebron and AD would have been crazy fresh going into those playoffs. No fans also made easier.

When I look at the lakers schedule for 2020 on basketball reference it shows their last game before the pandemic paused the NBA season was on 3/10/2020 and they didn't play again until 7/30/2020.

Dex
05-24-2023, 08:17 AM

I don't believe in asterisks, but I do agree that this factored in.

No travel. No home crowds. No altitude in Denver or distractions in Miami.

Yes, all eight teams in the playoffs had to deal with the same conditions. I do think it also threw some other teams out of a groove they otherwise would have been in (LOL Clippers and Kawhi :lmao)

But it was mighty convenient that they went on their championship run after what was essentially an offseason that ran right into the playoffs.

210baller
05-24-2023, 09:19 AM
lebronski isnt going anywhere. he just wanted you to talk about him while the finals are going on without him.

slick'81
05-25-2023, 01:23 AM
https://youtu.be/SgrLwF5pXCc

TrainOfThought5
05-25-2023, 01:45 AM

This is so goddamned funny. “Is there another part of basketball that I don’t know about?”

spursparker9
05-25-2023, 02:57 AM

:lol:lol

Lebron: "They gonna say MJ better than me!!"

Austin Reeves: "Well, maybe he is~"

:lol

HemisfairArena
05-25-2023, 03:10 AM
Did you not read what I just wrote? I said all he got was that sorry ass bubble ring. And yeah of course, ONE of the reasons he chose LA was because he'll get the calls there which makes winning a ring easier. I still maintain that he would've won more rings if he paired up with Pop as his coach in 2018. If people want to talk shit about our shortened season ring, then Lebron's bubble ring is an abomination.

What has pop done?,,,,lmao. He's never guided his team to a repeat much less a 3 peat. Bron even repeated in Miami with a no name coach in Spoelstra. You wayyy over value Pop,,,hes shit without Duncan,,,,,and now hes banking on this new prodigy to save his ass and his legacy. Hes the Bill Belichick of the NBA.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-25-2023, 08:13 AM
Lebron Haters,

Sorry about your finding out the girlfriend you wanted putt up a picture of Lebron on her wall.

Which players in this years playoffs have been better?
Where does Lebron rank for this seasons playoffs, compared to all the other plaers?

You know, since Lebron is such a scrub and role player.

Jokic. But if you watched that series you'd know that.

MultiTroll
05-25-2023, 09:15 AM
Jokic. But if you watched that series you'd know that.
So that makes Lebron what, 2nd?

You sure showed me.

My post was not proclaiming Lebron was #1 in the playoffs, rather how well he did compared to all the negative comments inferring he's a scrub role player and loser.

JPB
05-25-2023, 09:38 AM

The conditions were the same for everyone.

JPB
05-25-2023, 09:43 AM

- Lonnie!
-What, I was hooping against the warriors! :lol

exstatic
05-25-2023, 09:52 AM
The conditions were the same for everyone.

Yes, but with an aging diva and Mr. Glass as their core, they probably benefitted more from the long break than anyone else. If you look at the years before and since, they've never come close to another championship or even made a Finals appearance.

exstatic
05-25-2023, 09:58 AM
So that makes Lebron what, 2nd?

You sure showed me.

My post was not proclaiming Lebron was #1 in the playoffs, rather how well he did compared to all the negative comments inferring he's a scrub role player and loser.

I don't think anyone said he was a scrub, just that he's no longer the league's flagship player. Subtracting the league and network's shameless promotion, he really hasn't been that since he descended on LA. His first year, he missed time with injuries and missed the playoffs. That was when he realized it, and got LA to poach AD from the Pels, realizing that LeBron could no longer put a team on his back for a Finals run. He's no longer The King, just LeBron.

MultiTroll
05-25-2023, 11:34 AM
I don't think anyone said he was a scrub, just that he's no longer the league's flagship player. Subtracting the league and network's shameless promotion, he really hasn't been that since he descended on LA. His first year, he missed time with injuries and missed the playoffs. That was when he realized it, and got LA to poach AD from the Pels, realizing that LeBron could no longer put a team on his back for a Finals run. He's no longer The King, just LeBron.
Entirely fair.
After carrying an above average Cavs team over the co GFE (greatest frauds ever) Warriors who'd reached Kome level of rigging he's now...

Doing 40/10/9 in almost beating Denver in 2 of the games. Yes i know close doesn't count. But to drag phaggots like DLo to extremely near losses to what in all likelyhood will be the 2023 NBA Champs with MVP Jokic.....

2nd overall in the NBA as a player at 38 years old aint too bad.

Imagine some player named Fred Schivosky got traded last offseason to the Lakers and did what Lebron did. It would be gasping and adjulation for the absolute kick ass season and playoffs Fred had.

exstatic
05-25-2023, 11:39 AM
Entirely fair.
After carrying an above average Cavs team over the co GFE (greatest frauds ever) Warriors who'd reached Kome level of rigging he's now...

Doing 40/10/9 in almost beating Denver in 2 of the games. Yes i know close doesn't count. But to drag phaggots like DLo to extremely near losses to what in all likelyhood will be the 2023 NBA Champs with MVP Jokic.....

2nd overall in the NBA as a player at 38 years old aint too bad.

Imagine some player named Fred Schivosky got traded last offseason to the Lakers and did what Lebron did. It would be gasping and adjulation for the absolute kick ass season and playoffs Fred had.

Part of the problem with their roster talent deficit, though, is his fault. He keeps insisting that LA trades out developing young players for his aging Banana Boat buddies.

Extra Stout
05-25-2023, 01:18 PM
Jordan got the hate back in the day too. LeBron brings much of the hate on himself by his relentless self-promotion.

widowmaker
05-25-2023, 01:23 PM
What has pop done?,,,,lmao. He's never guided his team to a repeat much less a 3 peat. Bron even repeated in Miami with a no name coach in Spoelstra. You wayyy over value Pop,,,hes shit without Duncan,,,,,and now hes banking on this new prodigy to save his ass and his legacy. Hes the Bill Belichick of the NBA.

Ok go ahead and pack ur bags buy some plane tickets and go suck Lesweeps cock.

rjv
05-25-2023, 01:26 PM
lebron being lebron

Barfunk
05-25-2023, 07:25 PM

Every coach had the players. Every. Single. One. In the MLB, NFL, NBA, every single coach had the players. Yes, Pop won because of Tim, Tony, Manu, Kawhi and David. So did all the other coaches, they won because of their stars.

Pop was still able to win 5 in a market that makes the mainstream outlets like ESPN want to vomit. And if you want to nitpick Pop and the Spurs, then nitpick your fellow Republican bigot Phil Jackson as well.

Phillip should have 4 less championships as the NBA blatantly rigged 2000, 2002, 2009, and 2010 for him and the Lakers. That's 7-5 in rings for Phil vs Pop with the 7 for Phillip still coming with favoritism. The other "fair" rings he won, he won with Mike fucking Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, and Pau. Both with teams in markets that give ESPN and the NBA orgasms.

Also, you need to wake up and realize you're supporting a future dictatorship. Stop being such a god damn moron and start using your common sense.

Tyronn Lue
05-25-2023, 08:19 PM
Playing that many minutes and putting up those numbers in the WCF as the best player on the team? Nah, he won't retire. He doesn't want to play for numbers anymore though, I think he's gotten every box checked as far as that goes. I think he'll play because he likes to play and he's competitive.

Extra Stout
05-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Barkley annoyed by James retirement talk (https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/05/26/charles-barkley-disappointed-in-lebron-james-over-retirement-comments)