PDA

View Full Version : ESPN proposes a Chet Holmgren for Victor Wembanyama swap

spursparker9
05-26-2023, 11:28 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/espn-proposes-chet-holmgren-victor-182047095.html

“Surely, if the Thunder called about trading for the No. 1 pick, the Spurs’ ask would include All-NBA guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, All-Rookie first-team pick Jalen Williams and all eight extra first-round picks Oklahoma City has coming over the next four years…

Both young big men stand out for their ability to create shots off the dribble at their size, but Wembanyama’s superior size (he’s 7-foot-5 in shoes to Holmgren’s 7 feet and has an 8-foot wingspan as compared to Holmgren’s 7-6) and higher-usage offensive role portend greater NBA upside.

Add in the fact that Holmgren is a year closer to restricted free agency after missing his first NBA season because of a Lisfranc injury, and the Spurs would surely reject this offer, even if the Thunder threw in more draft picks from their stockpile. That’s a testament to how special Wembanyama is as a prospect.”

Mr. Body
05-26-2023, 11:30 AM
Victor Wembanyama is like a taller, more handsome, more talented version of Chet Holmgren.

K...
05-26-2023, 11:32 AM
No they dont ,this is click bait .

MultiTroll
05-26-2023, 11:33 AM
Laker - Warrior propaganda bullshit facilitated by their ABC Disney mouthpiece.

Extra Stout
05-26-2023, 11:35 AM
ESPN has a whole feature of hypothetical trades for Wembanyama that they acknowledge would never happen.

It’s no different from 1997 features about trading Tim Duncan for Karl Malone and John Stockton.

Just shits and giggles.

ChumpDumper
05-26-2023, 11:35 AM
From the article:

The Spurs aren’t going to trade the No. 1 pick

Oh.

Mr. Body
05-26-2023, 11:37 AM
Honestly these sorts of crappy clickbaity articles will create Spurs fans. They get fans interested in Wembanyama and some of them will follow him and his team.

John B
05-26-2023, 11:46 AM
It’s just a scenario. But if that’s offered to me? I’d do that in a heartbeat. One injury and it’s all gone for one player. On the other hand, I get Chet, JDubs, SGA mixed with Sochan, Vassell, Keldon, Collins. I think that’s a contender from day 1, plus I get all the 1st round picks on top of my picks??? I’d keep adding to my assets every year, or trade some of those picks for an All NBA like Luka or Giannis. Only someone galactically dumb would not take that offer.

TDomination
05-26-2023, 11:53 AM
From the article:

Oh.

...but let me write a wordy article about it anyways. wasting my time and yours lol

ducks
05-26-2023, 12:30 PM
It would be a very bad pr move for spurs to trade for him

ducks
05-26-2023, 12:31 PM
...but let me write a wordy article about it anyways. wasting my time and yours lol

You waste 10 hours a day looking at women that you can not have

heyheymymy
05-26-2023, 12:38 PM
I'd rather not

baseline bum
05-26-2023, 01:07 PM
I really like Holmgren but ROFL at the idea of trading Wemby for anything OKC can offer.

MultiTroll
05-26-2023, 01:22 PM
Espn,

Here is a proposal for you:
Curry for Tre Jones
Lebron for Dougie McDermott

Spurs will throw in a signed scarf from Caitly Jenner. (Sochan said he has one)

Larry O
05-26-2023, 01:29 PM
There's no way on God's green earth that PATFO would trade Wemby for the world right now. He's been on their radar for some time now, thanks to TP9. They have put all of their eggs in one basket for him. So now they finally got their man, and it's Wemby or bust, unless he's a bust. But all of these click bait scenarios are entertaining, but after while, they become annoying. They seem to be jealous and disrespectful to the Spurs and their fans as well. SMH...

scott
05-26-2023, 01:40 PM
ESPN has a whole feature of hypothetical trades for Wembanyama that they acknowledge would never happen.

It’s no different from 1997 features about trading Tim Duncan for Karl Malone and John Stockton.

Just shits and giggles.

I actually kind of enjoy these articles as we enter the dull days of the offseason. If anything, they give a perspective of where the national media is already valuing Wemby.

The only one I saw in the few that have come out that was almost intriguing was Banchero + Suggs + 6 + 11. It is still a hard no, but that’s at least the kind of proposal that is fun to think about.

Black
Vassell
Johnson
Banchero
Collins

With Bran, Sochan, Suggs, and Pick 11 off the bench. I’d rather have Wemby, this would actually be a fun team.

CGD
05-26-2023, 01:58 PM

AI can churn this garage out for them quickly and cheaply so why not? SMH

BatManu20
05-26-2023, 02:02 PM
ESPN still sucks. Has for a long time now. They peaked in the 90’s — early 2000’s.

rascal
05-26-2023, 04:50 PM
Holmgren is going to be an injury bust.

Wemby is much stronger.

John B
05-26-2023, 05:00 PM
I actually kind of enjoy these articles as we enter the dull days of the offseason. If anything, they give a perspective of where the national media is already valuing Wemby.

The only one I saw in the few that have come out that was almost intriguing was Banchero + Suggs + 6 + 11. It is still a hard no, but that’s at least the kind of proposal that is fun to think about.

Black
Vassell
Johnson
Banchero
Collins

With Bran, Sochan, Suggs, and Pick 11 off the bench. I’d rather have Wemby, this would actually be a fun team.

I think this beats your line-up:

Jalen Williams
SGA
Vassell, Keldon
Sochan
Chet, Collins

Plus all of OKC FRP’s on top of ours to trade for disgruntled All-NBA and bruiser to spare.

It’s a stupid offer, but hey if we’re passing time.

BatManu20
05-26-2023, 05:10 PM
They’re still at it.

BacktoBasics
05-26-2023, 05:17 PM
Suggs had a garbage season.

timtonymanu
05-26-2023, 05:20 PM
BSPN really wants him away from here, huh

spurraider21
05-26-2023, 05:24 PM
I really like Holmgren but ROFL at the idea of trading Wemby for anything OKC can offer.
i'm not saying i know where the line is... but there is a line.

between chet, sga, giddey, jalen williams, and about a billion first rounders, theres a point where its just too much to pass up. but neither OKC nor SA would really have that conversation

ChumpDumper
05-26-2023, 06:29 PM
The money to be made off Wemby hype is too much to trade for really anyone right now.

spurraider21
05-26-2023, 06:35 PM
The money to be made off Wemby hype is too much to trade for really anyone right now.
then again, people on hawks reddit said they wouldnt do Trae for Wemby straight up :lol

ChumpDumper
05-26-2023, 06:37 PM
then again, people on hawks reddit said they wouldnt do Trae for Wemby straight up :lol

:lol it's going to be a long offseason

baseline bum
05-26-2023, 07:03 PM
i'm not saying i know where the line is... but there is a line.

between chet, sga, giddey, jalen williams, and about a billion first rounders, theres a point where its just too much to pass up. but neither OKC nor SA would really have that conversation

I don't think there is a line for anything OKC has to offer. A prospect like Wembanyama comes around maybe every 10-20 years and good luck winning that lottery again when one does. OKC doesn't have a Giannis, Jokic, or Doncic to offer and that's what kind of established talent it would take to pull this kind of raw talent from the Spurs most likely. Just like it would have taken Tim or maybe Kobe to pry LeBron from Cleveland in 03.

Spurs Homer
05-26-2023, 08:05 PM
Im shocked they havent suggested draymond plus poole and other garbage so wemby can join steffie?

Teamduncan21
05-26-2023, 08:16 PM
No difference than us getting a new victor thread every other day. People are just excited about him

Barfunk
05-26-2023, 08:28 PM
:lol Like I've said. Before you know it, ESPN will be posting articles with headlines like "Word around the campfire is Pop doesn't like Wemby" Lmao

lefty20
05-26-2023, 08:41 PM
:lol Like I've said. Before you know it, ESPN will be posting articles with headlines like "Word around the campfire is Pop doesn't like Wemby" Lmao

A disagreement on their favorite French Wine signals the end of Pop-Wemby team-up.

Click to see how Wemby's 5 game sample shows his fit with LBJ & the Lakers.

Barfunk
05-26-2023, 09:18 PM
A disagreement on their favorite French Wine signals the end of Pop-Wemby team-up.

Click to see how Wemby's 5 game sample shows his fit with LBJ & the Lakers.

:lol Good one..

scott
05-26-2023, 09:33 PM
I think this beats your line-up:

Jalen Williams
SGA
Vassell, Keldon
Sochan
Chet, Collins

Plus all of OKC FRP’s on top of ours to trade for disgruntled All-NBA and bruiser to spare.

It’s a stupid offer, but hey if we’re passing time.

If you read the article, that wasn’t the actual theoretical OKC offer. Just what they think the Spurs would ask for

scott
05-26-2023, 09:35 PM

This is the cost of having your team be in the spotlight. Teams in big markets have to endure this shit nonstop. Just enjoy the fact that they’re talking about us again!

CGD
05-26-2023, 10:26 PM

Could you imagine the Spurs season tickets sales people having to call back all those new buyers to say “we got something better than Wemby: Trae freakin Young!”

Barfunk
05-27-2023, 12:26 AM
This is the cost of having your team be in the spotlight. Teams in big markets have to endure this shit nonstop. Just enjoy the fact that they’re talking about us again!

True this!

Obstructed_View
05-27-2023, 01:06 AM
I don't think there is a line for anything OKC has to offer. A prospect like Wembanyama comes around maybe every 10-20 years and good luck winning that lottery again when one does. OKC doesn't have a Giannis, Jokic, or Doncic to offer and that's what kind of established talent it would take to pull this kind of raw talent from the Spurs most likely. Just like it would have taken Tim or maybe Kobe to pry LeBron from Cleveland in 03.
I'm sure Cleveland fans never thought Ohio-bred Lebron would leave, but the Spurs are Victor's team, and he feels like a lot less of a narcissistic twat than muh kang. I'm rolling the dice on him playing his whole career with the Spurs.

HemisfairArena
05-27-2023, 01:27 AM
I'm sure Cleveland fans never thought Ohio-bred Lebron would leave, but the Spurs are Victor's team, and he feels like a lot less of a narcissistic twat than muh kang. I'm rolling the dice on him playing his whole career with the Spurs.

Dont bet your retirement on it.

baseline bum
05-27-2023, 01:49 AM

Cleveland did a terrible job putting a team around LeBron and he'd have been nuts to stay. Thankfully the Spurs have set themselves up with a ton of valuable assets going forward that give them a lot of possibilities for putting a strong cast around Wemby in addition to having some interesting prospects already. All Cleveland really had was Boozer and Ilgauskas and they screwed everything up with Boozer by thinking they could get him to sign a below market deal.

HemisfairArena
05-27-2023, 02:51 AM
Cleveland did a terrible job putting a team around LeBron and he'd have been nuts to stay. Thankfully the Spurs have set themselves up with a ton of valuable assets going forward that give them a lot of possibilities for putting a strong cast around Wemby in addition to having some interesting prospects already. All Cleveland really had was Boozer and Ilgauskas and they screwed everything up with Boozer by thinking they could get him to sign a below market deal.

Philly had a ton of valuable assets,,,,tons of picks,,,,remember trust the process? They even landed Embiid and got Harden and also had Simmons who everyone thought was great until he proved he wasnt. How has that worked out for them? Embiid would be gone if not for Philly being a large market. Just because the Spurs have tons of picks means squat. And there is no one on their roster right now who moves the needle to make Wemby want to stay. Its sad that the only claim to fame the Spurs have had in the draft in the last how many years?,,,,is DeJounte Murray who is borderline 2nd to 3rd tier type player,,,,but you go on believing the Spurs are well positioned with all their "valuable" assets,,,,,lmao

HemisfairArena
05-27-2023, 03:08 AM
And Cleveland had the right idea,,,just like Philly,,,,,fuck the picks,,,trade for proven and cross your fingers. Cleveland landed LeBron and added Boozer,,,,Philly landed Embiid and traded to add Harden,,,it didnt work out but you gotta try,,,, You bring in proven players instead of hoping the draft picks work out for the mega prospect you just landed. I see posters on here saying no way they would trade picks for Kyrie Irving,,,,well thinking like that will cost you Wemby,,,,,. It worked out for Boston when they traded picks for Allen and Garnet to make Pierce happy. It worked out for LA when they traded picks to land Gasol to make Kobe happy,,,even here is the Gasol trade,,,lakers threw in the kitchen sink.

On Feb. 1, 2008, the Los Angeles Lakers swung a franchise-altering trade with the Memphis Grizzlies that netted All-Star big man Pau Gasol and a second-round draft pick in exchange for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Aaron McKie, the draft rights to Marc Gasol and first-round picks in 2008 and 2010.

Obstructed_View
05-27-2023, 03:42 AM
I see ,,,,,,, and I disregard.

RC_Drunkford
05-27-2023, 06:39 AM
Philly had a ton of valuable assets,,,,tons of picks,,,,remember trust the process? They even landed Embiid and got Harden and also had Simmons who everyone thought was great until he proved he wasnt. How has that worked out for them? Embiid would be gone if not for Philly being a large market. Just because the Spurs have tons of picks means squat. And there is no one on their roster right now who moves the needle to make Wemby want to stay. Its sad that the only claim to fame the Spurs have had in the draft in the last how many years?,,,,is DeJounte Murray who is borderline 2nd to 3rd tier type player,,,,but you go on believing the Spurs are well positioned with all their "valuable" assets,,,,,lmao

Luckily, the Spurs are the smartest FO in the league and not the Sixers. They know exactly what to do and will execute it to perfection

rascal
05-27-2023, 08:24 AM
Luckily, the Spurs are the smartest FO in the league and not the Sixers. They know exactly what to do and will execute it to perfection

I don't know if they are the smartest but they sure are the luckiest.

ambchang
05-27-2023, 08:32 AM
Lucky as hell I have to say. I don’t know about smartest but definitely smart. The FO out themselves in a great rebuilding position with loads of cap room and a treasure forge of picks. Even I’d they didn’t get wemby they can either use their picks on high upside players and build through the draft; sign good free agents with the cap room or a combination of both. M
The spurs are in great position to trade their picks without giving up talent because of their cap space for disgruntled stars like doncic. With wemby it just makes the road that much smoother.

Dex
05-27-2023, 09:06 AM

Or the other way around..."Is Pop wasting Wemby's talent?"

Oh wait, that will just be all the edgelords here on SpursTalk.

Extra Stout
05-27-2023, 09:39 AM
Wemby Likes AD Post on Instagram — Does This Mean Pairing in LA?

NBA World Reacts to Wemby Lakers News

Wemby Seen in Malibu — House Shopping?

Pop Rages Over Wemby News

Click to See How This NBA Team Got Wemby’s Attention

The Spurs Don’t Want NBA Teams to See This One Neat Trick to Sign Wemby

baseline bum
05-27-2023, 10:05 AM

Shhhh adults are talking

Barfunk
05-27-2023, 11:22 AM
Or the other way around..."Is Pop wasting Wemby's talent?"

Oh wait, that will just be all the edgelords here on SpursTalk.

Wemby Likes AD Post on Instagram — Does This Mean Pairing in LA?

NBA World Reacts to Wemby Lakers News

Wemby Seen in Malibu — House Shopping?

Pop Rages Over Wemby News

Click to See How This NBA Team Got Wemby’s Attention

The Spurs Don’t Want NBA Teams to See This One Neat Trick to Sign Wemby

And these, lol.

scott
05-27-2023, 02:24 PM
29 Teams Besides The Spurs Wemby Is Looking to Sign With - You Won't Believe Number 1!