PDA

View Full Version : How does the bulls “private” thoughts on Lonzo Ball affect the Bulls 1st rounder to Spurs?

Kirbyk21
05-28-2023, 07:26 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/chicago-bulls-privately-believe-lonzo-110056924.html

With articles starting to come out that the Bulls don’t expect Lonzo back, how does that affect our pick with the Bulls? If I remember correctly, it’s protected to some degree? For how long and to what degree?

With the pick being in 2025 and Demar being like 35 at that point (and a free agent?), I really could see them sucking in 2025 which would be great depending on protection and such…

Hate to see that on such a young player though with Lonzo! Honestly, feel like the entire Ball family has an injury “bug”.

Dhbsr555
05-28-2023, 07:33 PM
Unfortunately it’s not unprotected it’s like top 10 protected I believe and goes down to top 8

Mr. Body
05-28-2023, 07:34 PM
2025 first round draft pick from Chicago
Chicago's 1st round pick to San Antonio protected for selections 1-10 in 2025, 1-8 in 2026 and 1-8 in 2027; if Chicago has not conveyed a 1st round pick to San Antonio by 2027, then Chicago will instead convey its 2028 2nd round pick to San Antonio [Chicago-San Antonio, 8/11/2021]

Mr. Body
05-28-2023, 07:35 PM
Rumors are that the shit ass shoes Papa Ball tried to foist on the world might have fucked up his son's knee. They were so bad he had to change them every quarter during games.

Kirbyk21
05-28-2023, 08:01 PM
Rumors are that the shit ass shoes Papa Ball tried to foist on the world might have fucked up his son's knee. They were so bad he had to change them every quarter during games.

That is freaking nuts and soooo shitty if that’s the case.

Thanks for the insights on draft picks - let’s cross our fingers!

Another random dumb question….
If a team has protected firsts like above…what prevents them from trading those picks for a better player (eg it doesn’t convey this year but oh damn we don’t have draft picks the next two years so congrats on your second rounders)?

stephen jackson
05-28-2023, 08:04 PM
They should be middle of pack throughout hopefully

Mr. Body
05-28-2023, 08:04 PM
That is freaking nuts and soooo shitty if that’s the case.

Thanks for the insights on draft picks - let’s cross our fingers!

Another random dumb question….
If a team has protected firsts like above…what prevents them from trading those picks for a better player (eg it doesn’t convey this year but oh damn we don’t have draft picks the next two years so congrats on your second rounders)?

Do you mean if the Spurs trade that pick? Then the same protections move with it.

Kirbyk21
05-28-2023, 08:14 PM
Do you mean if the Spurs trade that pick? Then the same protections move with it.

No. What prevents the bulls from trading other future first rounders that (eg 2026 or 2027) since we technically have the 2025 pick?

So for example…

They trade 26’ and 27’ for xyz player. 2025 pick doesn’t convey. Are we then stuck with the 2nd rounders or how the heck does that work? Are they unable to trade the other picks unless it conveys?

Mr. Body
05-28-2023, 08:20 PM
No. What prevents the bulls from trading other future first rounders that (eg 2026 or 2027) since we technically have the 2025 pick?

So for example…

They trade 26’ and 27’ for xyz player. 2025 pick doesn’t convey. Are we then stuck with the 2nd rounders or how the heck does that work? Are they unable to trade the other picks unless it conveys?

I believe they can't trade a first until two years after this pick conveys. Someone may correct me.

mo7888
05-28-2023, 08:33 PM
I believe they can't trade a first until two years after this pick conveys. Someone may correct me.

That's correct. Those 26 and 27 picks are untradeable until the pick we hold conveys. They could also technically drop the protection on our pick to release the later picks but nobody does that.

Kirbyk21
05-28-2023, 08:36 PM
That's correct. Those 26 and 27 picks are untradeable until the pick we hold conveys. They could also technically drop the protection on our pick to release the later picks but nobody does that.

That makes so much sense! Thank you both!

Ice009
05-28-2023, 11:11 PM

What kind of issues were the shoes causing him? Was he still wearing them up until his current injury? If I am remembering correctly, the tooling is made by Brandblack (the midsole and outsole), and Brandblack had a couple of NBA players endorsing their shoes - Jamal Crawford (J Crossover series was his signature line with them & Rare Metal I think, but not sure if he ever wore the Rare Metals) and also Josh Smith used to wear their shoes (Not sure if either of those guys had knee issues while wearing them as I never followed either player). On Lonzo's shoes, though, if I am remembering right, the upper isn't made by Brandblack, so not sure if the issue was the upper of the shoe or not that caused him issues.

Mr. Body
05-28-2023, 11:17 PM
What kind of issues were the shoes causing him? Was he still wearing them up until his current injury? If I am remembering correctly, the tooling is made by Brandblack (the midsole and outsole), and Brandblack had a couple of NBA players endorsing their shoes - Jamal Crawford (J Crossover series was his signature line with them & Rare Metal I think, but not sure if he ever wore the Rare Metals) and also Josh Smith used to wear their shoes (Not sure if either of those guys had knee issues while wearing them as I never followed either player). On Lonzo's shoes, though, if I am remembering right, the upper isn't made by Brandblack, so not sure if the issue was the upper of the shoe or not that caused him issues.

I don't know, someone else was talking about them. Apparently just thrown together by some scam artist, then sold by Daddy Ball, another scam artist, and here we are.

SayTown
05-28-2023, 11:29 PM
Come on the whole league used to play in Chuck Taylor All-stars, shoes didn't tear his knee up.

BacktoBasics
05-28-2023, 11:44 PM
He was definitely overworked or overplayed though. Their dad doesn’t have access to the greatest training and modern technology. He ghettoed those kids to the league and leveraged their careers to build his bag.

Whether that’s good parenting is another debate.

Mr. Body
05-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Come on the whole league used to play in Chuck Taylor All-stars, shoes didn't tear his knee up.

He's been playing AAU ball since he was like twelve. Back in the Converse days, old fat guys used to stroll up and down the court smoking cigarettes.