PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: POV: You're Boston

Cry Havoc
05-29-2023, 09:38 PM
And you are looking at your salary cap, realizing you're about to give $500,000,000-$600,000,000 to two players who couldn't beat a hobbled 8th seed as the core of your entire future franchise.

:dizzy

Spurs Homer
05-29-2023, 10:39 PM
Marky mark wahlberg was on your “gone fishin” tnt segment along with those two chokers…

thats another thing to ponder for the celts

Tyronn Lue
05-29-2023, 11:00 PM
And you are looking at your salary cap, realizing you're about to give $500,000,000-$600,000,000 to two players who couldn't beat a hobbled 8th seed as the core of your entire future franchise.

But they got you to game 7 of the ECF which means they paid for themselves. There are only 2 other teams who went further than game 7 of the conference finals. So in that regard they have ROI.

Cry Havoc
05-29-2023, 11:18 PM
But they got you to game 7 of the ECF which means they paid for themselves. There are only 2 other teams who went further than game 7 of the conference finals. So in that regard they have ROI.

I mean, I guess. They don't count ECFs in Boston.

Also, paying them can and very likely does put a massive ceiling on the mid to long term future of the franchise. Cause unless you think they're capable of ringing, paying them that money hamstrings most of any roster moves you can make down the line.

Tyronn Lue
05-29-2023, 11:43 PM
I mean, I guess. They don't count ECFs in Boston.

Also, paying them can and very likely does put a massive ceiling on the mid to long term future of the franchise. Cause unless you think they're capable of ringing, paying them that money hamstrings most of any roster moves you can make down the line.
The fans might not count it in their boasting fights with the Lakers fans, but the front office counts the tickets and merchandise sales. That team is capable of ringing. If this series doesn't clearly illustrate the difference great coaching makes, nothing could. They need an identity. Otherwise every big name star other than those on the Nuggets and Heat are not worth their salaries.

FrostKing
05-29-2023, 11:52 PM
Smith and Horford got old quick. 1 needs to go.

Hate how Horford was used. Jokic will show how a good passing Big humiliates this defense.

MultiTroll
05-29-2023, 11:55 PM

For the love of all that is good, I'd like to see some NBA team get rid of / lose all their prima donnas and have a team of hard working *scrubs* play team ball and make the Finals.
I would say Miami but not with Butler Bam and Lowry all doing 30+ million. Lowry 28, whatever.

lefty
05-30-2023, 01:23 AM
Smith and Horford got old quick. 1 needs to go.

Hate how Horford was used. Jokic will show how a good passing Big humiliates this defense.

Horford isn’t the post player he used to be

And he’s never been in the same stratosphere as Jokic in the passing department

Cry Havoc
05-30-2023, 02:38 AM
For the love of all that is good, I'd like to see some NBA team get rid of / lose all their prima donnas and have a team of hard working *scrubs* play team ball and make the Finals.
I would say Miami but not with Butler Bam and Lowry all doing 30+ million. Lowry 28, whatever.

Spurs 14 and Mavs 11 would probably be the closest to that approximation.

Cry Havoc
05-30-2023, 02:40 AM
The fans might not count it in their boasting fights with the Lakers fans, but the front office counts the tickets and merchandise sales. That team is capable of ringing. If this series doesn't clearly illustrate the difference great coaching makes, nothing could. They need an identity. Otherwise every big name star other than those on the Nuggets and Heat are not worth their salaries.

Sure, but with the territory also comes expectation. Fans are going to be fuming over this until the team gets to the Finals again. Boston brass might care about income, but having a fanbase who's consistently irate won't do great things for your brand, and while they might like they immediacy of money, they also care about the brand.

And you're telling me you're going to spend $300,000,000 on a guy who can't dribble and had the worst game of his career when his team needed him that badly? They might be okay financially but contention wise? There's no way you can convince me that Boston is a title threat in the next 5 years.

Also, let's not pretend like this wasn't one of the most historically embarrassing performances in NBA history. It's the kind of thing that puts a cloud over an organization. Houston and Philly haven't recovered from it.

Robz4000
05-30-2023, 02:55 AM
Brown won't be a Celtic next season tbh.

Cry Havoc
05-30-2023, 03:32 AM
Brown won't be a Celtic next season tbh.

It's tough though. He's currently on a big contract and due to get a huge bag.

Who's going to trade for him? He's a massive risk with apparently a very low upside. He's got a ton of baggage from this entire playoff run, and anyone who picks him up knows he's going to be looking for a supermax even if he doesn't play incredibly well.

And if you don't resign him as Boston, well, it's cap space they don't have just walking out the door and you have no way of replacing it since they're already so far over even without Brown's contract. They're really fucked.

Seventyniner
05-30-2023, 10:12 AM
And if you don't resign him as Boston, well, it's cap space they don't have just walking out the door and since you have no way of replacing it since they're already so far over even without Brown's contract. They're really fucked.

Overpaying players has always been bad, but the new CBA is going to make it much worse. At least for teams that are trying to spend and contend with another max player already on the roster, which can push them up to that dreaded second apron.

You're right that Boston is in a real dilemma here. Overpaying Brown leads to long term problems, but letting him walk doesn't open up any cap space and weakens the team in the short term. They might have to do a sign-and-trade for 50 cents on the dollar to keep a decent team together without fucking their cap/tax/apron situation through 2028.

KobesAchilles
05-30-2023, 11:03 AM
I mean does Boston have to offer him the supermax? Can’t they just offer him a 4 year deal instead? Do what the Suns did to Ayton and just match an offer? Something like that. I don’t pretend to know the CBA.

Brown needs to learn how to dribble. Maybe Danny Green can teach him

Tyronn Lue
05-30-2023, 11:17 AM

Who's going to trade for him? He's a massive risk with apparently a very low upside. He's got a ton of baggage from this entire playoff run, and anyone who picks him up knows he's going to be looking for a supermax even if he doesn't play incredibly well.

And if you don't resign him as Boston, well, it's cap space they don't have just walking out the door and since you have no way of replacing it since they're already so far over even without Brown's contract. They're really fucked.
Right up Houston's alley.

MultiTroll
05-30-2023, 11:17 AM
Brown is compromised, period.

Don't believe for a second those were mistakes.

Cry Havoc
05-30-2023, 12:08 PM
I mean does Boston have to offer him the supermax? Can’t they just offer him a 4 year deal instead? Do what the Suns did to Ayton and just match an offer? Something like that. I don’t pretend to know the CBA.

They can.

At that point about 7-8 teams around the league with cap space to burn are going to look at their roster and see that Brown, incredibly flawed player or not, is an upgrade over, say, Kelly Oubre Jr., and the desire to sign him will be high. Dude has some major issues but he's still a better guard than quite a few starters in the league. I think at the very least, someone is going to pay him more than Boston reasonably can if they try to duck the supermax extension.

Robz4000
05-30-2023, 12:50 PM

And if you don't resign him as Boston, well, it's cap space they don't have just walking out the door and you have no way of replacing it since they're already so far over even without Brown's contract. They're really fucked.

I see a S&T to Portland for the #3 pick tbh.

Tyronn Lue
05-30-2023, 03:08 PM
Brown is compromised, period.

Don't believe for a second those were mistakes.
I don't believe this. Brown is looking at 300m+, He'd be a hard one to buy out. I'd not be surprised to learn there was something on the floor that wasn't right (other than the Celtics) or something with the ball. These guys lost the handle on almost every trip down the floor.

MultiTroll
05-30-2023, 03:14 PM
I'd not be surprised to learn there was something on the floor that wasn't right (other than the Celtics) or something with the ball. These guys lost the handle on almost every trip down the floor.
At one point the turnovers were
Brown 8
Entire Heat lineup 7.

So, no.

RC_Drunkford
05-30-2023, 03:20 PM
I don't believe this. Brown is looking at 300m+, He'd be a hard one to buy out. I'd not be surprised to learn there was something on the floor that wasn't right (other than the Celtics) or something with the ball. These guys lost the handle on almost every trip down the floor.

there are magnets in the ball. Everybody knows that :lol

baseline bum
05-30-2023, 04:49 PM

Boston's the only one who can offer him a supermax.

KobesAchilles
05-30-2023, 05:28 PM
If I was Boston I would just offer him a 4 year max. You still made it to the ECF and the East still sucks. Realistically this is Miami’s last run and Mil got super old really fast. There’s really nobody else in contention.

FrostKing
05-30-2023, 05:29 PM
https://i.ibb.co/jvz7tXB/image0.jpg

Obstructed_View
05-30-2023, 05:34 PM
When is the "got to the ECF five out of seven years" banner unveiling in Boston? I'm sure the fans are excited for that. Supermax contracts for everyone!

baseline bum
05-30-2023, 05:37 PM
I see a S&T to Portland for the #3 pick tbh.

I think it would be more likely he'd be part of a trade to send Lollard to Boston. Maybe ship Brown and White or Brown and Brogdon for him. Portland would probably want Williams but no way I'm parting with him if I'm the Celtics.

baseline bum
05-30-2023, 05:39 PM

Ayton was a restricted free agent which is why Phoenix kept him even though he didn't want to be there. Brown will be unrestricted after next season and has full control where he goes.

Robz4000
05-30-2023, 05:40 PM
I think it would be more likely he'd be part of a trade to send Lollard to Boston. Maybe ship Brown and White or Brown and Brogdon for him. Portland would probably want Williams but no way I'm parting with him if I'm the Celtics.

Eh, if Brown were younger I could see it, but he'll be 27 next season. Think if Portland moves Lollard it'll be for picks and young prospects, not an established player(s) who has probably hit his ceiling.

The Gemini Method
05-30-2023, 05:42 PM
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1663371504564973568?s=20

baseline bum
05-30-2023, 06:03 PM
Eh, if Brown were younger I could see it, but he'll be 27 next season. Think if Portland moves Lollard it'll be for picks and young prospects, not an established player(s) who has probably hit his ceiling.

You're not getting high end prospects for 33 year old Lollard. Bridges who Brooklyn got out of the Durant trade is older than Brown and no way Dame is valued as high as KD by NBA GMs.

Cry Havoc
05-30-2023, 06:19 PM
Boston's the only one who can offer him a supermax.

Yeah, but I doubt there's a single team out there who would offer him one outside of Boston to keep him. His value simply cannot be $300mil at this point. Is he even a top 25 player?

That's why the Celtics are fucked. Either they pay this man and lock themselves into a bad contract, or let him walk and don't have the cap room to get anyone else.

DAF86
05-30-2023, 06:20 PM
Brown isn't a supermax player. I would be surprised if the Celtics sign him to that kind of money.

Cry Havoc
05-30-2023, 06:56 PM
Brown isn't a supermax player. I would be surprised if the Celtics sign him to that kind of money.

What do the C's do if they don't? Depending on the cap situation from the NBA, they would have a max of a few million dollars to throw around if they dump him.

I guess you could try to trade him? But I don't see anyone taking him on a supermax.

spurs10
05-30-2023, 07:29 PM
Tatum twisted his ankle on the first play, it's not as if he choked it all away. He should have been benched. Game was over then.

Cry Havoc
05-30-2023, 07:50 PM
Tatum twisted his ankle on the first play, it's not as if he choked it all away. He should have been benched. Game was over then.

A supermax player doesn't throw down 8 turnovers in game 7 when his team's best player is hurt.

Brown could have taken over and been 1A with Tatum as the best player in Boston and one of the best players on the planet.

Instead he's going to be a massively overpaid player that no one wants to touch even if he goes off in the regular season next year, because everyone will assume he's a wildcard come playoff time.

spurs10
05-30-2023, 08:28 PM
A supermax player doesn't throw down 8 turnovers in game 7 when his team's best player is hurt.

Brown could have taken over and been 1A with Tatum as the best player in Boston and one of the best players on the planet.

Instead he's going to be a massively overpaid player that no one wants to touch even if he goes off in the regular season next year, because everyone will assume he's a wildcard come playoff time. Yep that's true and probably no one agrees more than Brown. It's gonna be a long, hot summer for him.

DAF86
05-30-2023, 08:32 PM
What do the C's do if they don't? Depending on the cap situation from the NBA, they would have a max of a few million dollars to throw around if they dump him.

I guess you could try to trade him? But I don't see anyone taking him on a supermax.

Convince him to take less. Nobody is paying Brown 66 millions a year, tbh. If he doesn't accept, just trade him.

Cry Havoc
05-30-2023, 09:27 PM
Convince him to take less. Nobody is paying Brown 66 millions a year, tbh. If he doesn't accept, just trade him.

Man... who's going to take the goat of the ECF? Dude was by far the worst player on the court per dollar. I wouldn't want him on the Spurs unless he carried basically 0 cap hit.

resistanze
05-30-2023, 11:13 PM
To be fair, the margin between say the Bucks and Celtics in the last 5 years has been razor thin (a KD toe perhaps). The Bucks have had the #1 seed in the entire league 3 of the past 5 years and shat the bed every year except 2021, where they almost got dumped by a KD solo effort. They then had a midget-led Hawks team and a CP3 choke team as their reward in the Finals (Boston faced a much harder opponent in GSW).

The East is full of chokers (Celtics included :lol) so you can argue running it back with Tatum and Brown gives them a good shot as any to get back to the Finals - just offer him less than the supermax. I really don't know what trade would put them in a better position (Lillard?).

Cry Havoc
05-30-2023, 11:27 PM
To be fair, the margin between say the Bucks and Celtics in the last 5 years has been razor thin (a KD toe perhaps). The Bucks have had the #1 seed in the entire league 3 of the past 5 years and shat the bed every year except 2021, where they almost got dumped by a KD solo effort. They then had a midget-led Hawks team and a CP3 choke team as their reward in the Finals (Boston faced a much harder opponent in GSW).

The East is full of chokers (Celtics included :lol) so you can argue running it back with Tatum and Brown gives them a good shot as any to get back to the Finals - just offer him less than the supermax. I really don't know what trade would put them in a better position (Lillard?).

I don't ever see the Celtics as constructed going back. MAYBE more ECF runs, but even that's iffy. They're pretty exposed at the moment, getting taken to G6 by an absolutely horrific Atlanta team, needing the choke artists of the league to do their thing in Philly, and then getting absolutely hammered by the Heat, not just in game 7, but in multiple games in the series against a wholly inferior foe. Brown just ain't it, and Tatum, despite his superstar calls, isn't a superstar. Tatum reminds me a lot of Tracy McGrady if TMac had been in Boston. Good to great player that can have huge nights but is overall just an echelon away most of his career from being elite (although Tmac was definitely elite for 2-3 seasons).

I would put Tatum in the same level as I would Booker, Towns, and Trae. Guys who just are missing a piece to their game to be in the mix at the top. I know that's probably heinous to say to most basketball minds but I've been watching this dude his entire career. He wants to be Kobe who wanted to be Mike, and they're all bad copies of the person they're emulating. Yeah, he rolled his ankle, and yeah, he had "nice" numbers in the ECF at 25 10 and 5.5, but he shot like garbage from 3 and turned the ball over MORE than Brown did despite Brown's terrible final game. Against a Miami Heat defense he should have detonated for 30 points per game on easily. I understand there will be calls about coaching but WTF we're talking about a guy who's supposed to be one of the 10 if not 5 best players in the league and he let an 8 seed run over him for 3 games. Absolutely no competitive fire from him.

Chris Fall
05-31-2023, 08:32 AM
I would put Tatum in the same level as I would Booker, Towns, and Trae. Guys who just are missing a piece to their game to be in the mix at the top...

Same should be said of Joel Embiid despite the MVP.

TMac comparison fits with Tatum. Or more recently, Paul George.

Seventyniner
05-31-2023, 10:12 AM
They can.

At that point about 7-8 teams around the league with cap space to burn are going to look at their roster and see that Brown, incredibly flawed player or not, is an upgrade over, say, Kelly Oubre Jr., and the desire to sign him will be high. Dude has some major issues but he's still a better guard than quite a few starters in the league. I think at the very least, someone is going to pay him more than Boston reasonably can if they try to duck the supermax extension.

It only takes one GM to overpay a player. That leads to a third option in Boston's dilemma (overpay him or let him walk for nothing), which is a sign-and-trade.

MultiTroll
05-31-2023, 10:25 AM
Why not just trade Brown, either now or more likely at the trade deadline this upcoming season?
Some team will be willing to overtrade in the thinking that Brown is the missing piece to a chip.

Have no idea why some of you are floating overpaying this sellout. If he gets treatment for his gambling addiction or whatever he has going on, great. Only way i would consider.

DAF86
05-31-2023, 10:44 AM
Man... who's going to take the goat of the ECF? Dude was by far the worst player on the court per dollar. I wouldn't want him on the Spurs unless he carried basically 0 cap hit.

If that's the case, then Brown doesn't have much leverage to ask for the supermax, tbh. Brown is the one in a tough spot here, not the Celtics.

Tyronn Lue
05-31-2023, 11:43 AM
there are magnets in the ball. Everybody knows that :lol
:lol Springs! That's how it bounces. One must have come loose.

Tyronn Lue
05-31-2023, 11:54 AM
Joe Mazzulla didn't make the necessary adjustments. This isn't about game 7 but how they got behind 0-3 to that seed. Granted, the Heat made it to the ECF so they were obviously a worthy opponent, however I think this loss gets chalked up to the Ime Udoka event and that it was Joe's 1st season. With other coaches now available, I'd expect the Celtics to hire one as a message to fans that they are making necessary adjustments.

Chris Fall
05-31-2023, 12:00 PM
Joe Mazzulla didn't make the necessary adjustments. This isn't about game 7 but how they got behind 0-3 to that seed. Granted, the Heat made it to the ECF so they were obviously a worthy opponent, however I think this loss gets chalked up to the Ime Udoka event and that it was Joe's 1st season. With other coaches now available, I'd expect the Celtics to hire one as a message to fans that they are making necessary adjustments.

If it's on Mazzulla that they got down 0-3, shouldn't he get credit for getting them to a game 7 after getting down 0-3? It's hard to reconcile only giving criticism to Mazzulla for the ECF without acknowledging he did something strategy wise or motivationally to get them 3 straight wins too. Especially considering everyone in the basketball universe had the series as over after game 3.

baseline bum
05-31-2023, 12:39 PM

Bring Coc back!

baseline bum
05-31-2023, 12:40 PM
If that's the case, then Brown doesn't have much leverage to ask for the supermax, tbh. Brown is the one in a tough spot here, not the Celtics.

Brown's ego will probably force them to trade him if they don't offer him supermax.

resistanze
05-31-2023, 01:44 PM
I don't ever see the Celtics as constructed going back. MAYBE more ECF runs, but even that's iffy. They're pretty exposed at the moment, getting taken to G6 by an absolutely horrific Atlanta team, needing the choke artists of the league to do their thing in Philly, and then getting absolutely hammered by the Heat, not just in game 7, but in multiple games in the series against a wholly inferior foe. Brown just ain't it, and Tatum, despite his superstar calls, isn't a superstar. Tatum reminds me a lot of Tracy McGrady if TMac had been in Boston. Good to great player that can have huge nights but is overall just an echelon away most of his career from being elite (although Tmac was definitely elite for 2-3 seasons).

I would put Tatum in the same level as I would Booker, Towns, and Trae. Guys who just are missing a piece to their game to be in the mix at the top. I know that's probably heinous to say to most basketball minds but I've been watching this dude his entire career. He wants to be Kobe who wanted to be Mike, and they're all bad copies of the person they're emulating. Yeah, he rolled his ankle, and yeah, he had "nice" numbers in the ECF at 25 10 and 5.5, but he shot like garbage from 3 and turned the ball over MORE than Brown did despite Brown's terrible final game. Against a Miami Heat defense he should have detonated for 30 points per game on easily. I understand there will be calls about coaching but WTF we're talking about a guy who's supposed to be one of the 10 if not 5 best players in the league and he let an 8 seed run over him for 3 games. Absolutely no competitive fire from him.

Not disagreeing really but who is gonna displace the Celtics from ECF? Embiid is a bigger choker than Tatum/Brown and may lose Harden (GOAT choker). Giannis looked down right scared of the ball late in games in the first round (they choked 14+ 4Q leads in back to back games). Brooklyn and Atlanta ain't getting any better. So I guess that leaves the Heat?

They can definitely move some pieces and get a better playmaker since neither Tatum/Brown are great at it...and like most are saying, Brown hopefully will accept less money. You'll get pennies on the dollar in most trades with him anyways and their cap situation is dicey.

DAF86
05-31-2023, 01:44 PM
Brown's ego will probably force them to trade him if they don't offer him supermax.

Which is what the Celtics should do anyways, tbh.

TIMMYtoZO
05-31-2023, 01:52 PM
Not disagreeing really but who is gonna displace the Celtics from ECF? Embiid is a bigger choker than Tatum/Brown and may lose Harden (GOAT choker). Giannis looked down right scared of the ball late in games in the first round (they choked 14+ 4Q leads in back to back games). Brooklyn and Atlanta ain't getting any better. So I guess that leaves the Heat?

They can definitely move some pieces and get a better playmaker since neither Tatum/Brown are great at it...and like most are saying, Brown hopefully will accept less money. You'll get pennies on the dollar in most trades with him anyways and their cap situation is dicey.

The East runs through Miami until the 2026-2027 season.

LkrFan
05-31-2023, 03:45 PM

Me thinks Tatum and JB should get the bags they deserve...but, they probably send JB to Houston to play with Bin Harden and Coach Ime - for picks/players.

Either way, Boston in trouble. If they pay both and keep them, they gonna lose players like Grant...and the new luxury tax rules gonna put a whoopin on them courtesy of the new CBA. :toast

Tyronn Lue
05-31-2023, 07:33 PM
Bring Coc back!
Whip out that Coc!

Seventyniner
05-31-2023, 10:36 PM
Whip out that Coc!

No Josh, don't!

Cry Havoc
06-01-2023, 11:33 AM

Well, contenders often rise that we don't see coming, but you're right. The East might be the weakest it's ever been right now with regard to the top 8 teams. Unless the bucks figure it out there's no one outside of Miami this season that's even close to elite. Denver would have swept Boston.

That said, we've seen this before. When a team peaks and has a performance like this, it generally falls off pretty hard. Even if Boston doesn't keep brown or keeps him for less cash, they're still hamstrung. 163mil on the books next season with only 10 players.

Maybe Tatum can improve enough to make me wrong. He is only 25. We'll see. I would feel good about betting on Boston to get back anytime soon though. Definitely not to the finals.

resistanze
07-25-2023, 07:23 PM
Welp looks like it's the supermax :lol

callo1
07-25-2023, 07:35 PM
JB isn't worth that much cash. That kind of money only goes to those that have already led a team to the promised land. Really good player, but supermax $$ is just a head scratcher. This is the type of move that can send a franchise into the basement for years if it doesn't produce a ring. Alan Houston comes to mind.

spurraider21
07-25-2023, 08:10 PM
they'll have buyers remorse by year 2-3 of the deal

for a while every public figure was basically saying "yeah this feels like its too much for brown but they're probably going to do it" and thats what happened

Killakobe81
07-26-2023, 12:12 AM
The …
Fucking …
Celtics ….
If this is what the Spurs we’re gonna face Be glad they didn’t trade for Brown and chose the Raptors poo-poo platter
In the end you hit on Wemby …
Raptors got a chip …
Clippers stuck with a broke down version of Kwai
And Brown making 60 million well past his 20s
If you count Wemby as the prize the fucking Spurs and the raptors won.
The clippers lose again

Killakobe81
07-26-2023, 12:17 AM
Btw upstairs I remember some advocating for Brown I got receipts I said Tatum or no deal …

TDMVPDPOY
07-26-2023, 02:52 AM
instead of supermax to scrubs who are not franchise players but nothing more then overglorified robins...why not just reward them 5-10m for achieving whatever nba awards each year?

Thread
07-27-2023, 05:06 PM
they'll have buyers remorse by year 2-3 of the deal

for a while every public figure was basically saying "yeah this feels like its too much for brown but they're probably going to do it" and thats what happened

They had said remorse before it was signed. But had no other choice.

MultiTroll
07-27-2023, 06:06 PM

Seems like ever since Lenny Bias was given tainted coke by Stern and the Lakers drug dealer the Celts have simply been a shitshow.

Ok 2008 they brought home the bacon. Only to F it up royally in the 2010 giveaway.

1 title in 36 years. Red A turning over in his grave.

Thread
07-27-2023, 08:02 PM
Seems like ever since Lenny Bias was given tainted coke by Stern and the Lakers drug dealer the Celts have simply been a shitshow.

Ok 2008 they brought home the bacon. Only to F it up royally in the 2010 giveaway.

1 title in 36 years. Red A turning over in his grave.

Yep, Bias going like that was a harbinger, Mult. Almost surreal. Usually that shit would happen to us. Not that time.

& truth be told: I was counting on them not 2 months ago to be the last line of defense had the Suns gotten into the Finals. There was nobody else that I believed was quality enough to stop 'em. They weren't near capable. A GD miracle that Denver rose up like that. Yes, the foreign center (name escapes) was a given, but that Murray kid. I figured he'd shit the bed first game out and there'd be no going back, that the Suns would come out of the West and nobody to protect from ringage cept the Celtics. I was willing to break that Finals lock just to keep the Suns away from breaking their cherry.

Water under the bridge, now, sure, but I had many sleepless night till Denver ended my misery.

Yet, it is still a concern. I still have nobody in the East, or the West that is capable of stopping THESE Suns. The Detroit Hit Man has set me in genuine peril. We'll know by New Years Day if they're going to ring, or, not. Then? It'll come down to an act of God in order to get 'em stopped.

ambchang
07-27-2023, 08:13 PM
Yep, Bias going like that was a harbinger, Mult. Almost surreal. Usually that shit would happen to us. Not that time.

& truth be told: I was counting on them not 2 months ago to be the last line of defense had the Suns gotten into the Finals. There was nobody else that I believed was quality enough to stop 'em. They weren't near capable. A GD miracle that Denver rose up like that. Yes, the foreign center (name escapes) was a given, but that Murray kid. I figured he'd shit the bed first game out and there'd be no going back, that the Suns would come out of the West and nobody to protect from ringage cept the Celtics. I was willing to break that Finals lock just to keep the Suns away from breaking their cherry.

Water under the bridge, now, sure, but I had many sleepless night till Denver ended my misery.

Yet, it is still a concern. I still have nobody in the East, or the West that is capable of stopping THESE Suns. The Detroit Hit Man has set me in genuine peril. We'll know by New Years Day if they're going to ring, or, not. Then? It'll come down to an act of God in order to get 'em stopped.

When did anything close to that ever happened to “you”?

Thread
07-27-2023, 08:19 PM
When did anything close to that ever happened to “you”?

You're right.

Killakobe81
07-29-2023, 12:46 PM

Mehhh they the faves on paper but that hasn’t worked for recent faves

Thread
07-29-2023, 01:44 PM
Mehhh they the faves on paper but that hasn’t worked for recent faves

No. And they ain't reached bottom over this past playoff debacle either. Not even close.