06-07-2023, 04:38 PM
la la land

Leetonidas
06-07-2023, 04:39 PM
I'd take a swing at him. I'm sure he'll end up with his butt buddy in LA though

rjv
06-07-2023, 04:39 PM
Will the spurs show interest?

i hope they don't. besides, he's going to want to chase a ring somewhere else.

Degoat
06-07-2023, 04:43 PM
i hope they don't. besides, he's going to want to chase a ring somewhere else.

Man all this talk about drafting a guard, he’s a great player to set up wemby and mentor the young spurs group.

LeBowen
06-07-2023, 04:43 PM
Dwight needs a playmaker in Taiwan.

Having CP0 here would ruin most of my enthusiasm for the upcoming season.

exstatic
06-07-2023, 04:45 PM
la la land

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. They want no part of Kyrie, not even LeBron at this point.

I don't have any sympathy for him, because he became President of the NBAPA for the specific reason of changing a rule limiting the years of contract length for older players. Used to be if you were over 33, you could only sign a 2 year contract. He signed a 5 year deal at age 36.

spurraider21
06-07-2023, 04:46 PM
id have sent a couple of seconds for him on his current contracts. would definitely want him, but i figure he's gonna go to the lakers or somethin

we can just claim him tho

rjv
Man all this talk about drafting a guard, he’s a great player to set up wemby and mentor the young spurs group.

a younger CP3, yes but he's likely not going to want to be a part of a build, even if it's a short one. he's also very injury prone now and too ball dominant for my tastes. the KD version of the suns seemed to flow better when he was out of the lineup.

Mr. Body
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. They want no part of Kyrie, not even LeBron at this point.

I don't have any sympathy for him, because he became President of the NBAPA for the specific reason of changing a rule limiting the years of contract length for older players. Used to be if you were over 33, you could only sign a 2 year contract. He signed a 5 year deal at age 36.

I don't think enough people understand how Chris Paul fucked most of the players in the league for his own benefit.

BacktoBasics
06-07-2023, 04:55 PM

Paul is too selfish to mentor anyone. He’s not really the leader people make him out to be. He might have been a great “floor” leader years ago but that ship has sailed. He’s a locker room pain in the ass and an entitled dickhead.

DAF86
06-07-2023, 04:59 PM
la la land

Do you imagine the Lakers with Anthony Davis and Chris Paul? Medical staffs' worst nightmare.

I actually think he would make sense on the Celtics as a bench guy, to teach Tatum and Brown how to dribble a basketball without bouncing it off their feet, tbh.

baseline bum
06-07-2023, 05:00 PM
la la land

Best part is Paul makes every team he goes to way better, gets the fanbase's hopes up, and then flames out in the playoffs. There's always the certainty of death, taxes, and CP3 getting injured in the playoffs.

Mr. Body
06-07-2023, 05:01 PM
Man all these teams across the league are imploding or on the verge of imploding.

baseline bum
06-07-2023, 05:03 PM
id have sent a couple of seconds for him on his current contracts. would definitely want him, but i figure he's gonna go to the lakers or somethin

we can just claim him tho

At a two year, $61.6 million price tag? Think I'll pass.

BatManu20
06-07-2023, 05:03 PM
I assume his agent has told teams not to claim him so he can sign with a team of his choosing (lakers).

cd98
06-07-2023, 05:05 PM
He won't go to the Spurs. He will go to a team with the chance to win a title. I was hoping the Spurs could get him in a trade and then release him at the end of next season. I figured he would be a good veteran to play with the young Spurs team. But a las it is not meant to be. S.A. would be low on his list of teams to play on next season.

Mr. Body
06-07-2023, 05:07 PM
Honestly Boston would be aces for them.

lefty20
06-07-2023, 05:10 PM
I agree that CP3 will want to ring chase.

But those teams have to know that there is 0% chance of him being healthy for a playoff run, right?

BatManu20
06-07-2023, 05:10 PM

That was my first thought too. They desperately need a veteran floor general, especially come playoff time. They could even let him rest most of the season just to ensure he’s available come Playoffs lol.

The Truth #6
06-07-2023, 05:12 PM
CP3 is an obsessive weasel imo. Like another hated player, Derrick Fisher, it’s crazy how they worked their way up to represent the players union.

spurraider21
06-07-2023, 05:13 PM
At a two year, $61.6 million price tag? Think I'll pass.
does all of it become guaranteed if he's claimed?

baseline bum
06-07-2023, 05:15 PM

Every penny I think. Moot point since the Spurs don't have $30.8 million of capspace to pick him up and they're the only team under the cap even a penny.

spurraider21
06-07-2023, 05:20 PM
Every penny I think. Moot point since the Spurs don't have $30.8 million of capspace to pick him up and they're the only team under the cap even a penny.
spurs have well over 30 mil in cap space. if you are looking at their current cap number, about 45 mil of that is in cap holds, 17 of which is romeo langford. they can easily open up enough space just by renouncing some shmucks they have no interest in bringing back anyway

the active roster number, including Zollins, is just under 80 mil. the cap hold for wemby as the #1 pick is about 12 mil, putting the number at 92, while the cap is going to be about 134.

there are some cap holds they might want to hang onto, like Tre Jones (5 mil), Mamu (2 mil), and Barlow/Champagnie combine for about 3.5. then again, if you are bringing in CP3 and already have Graham (and probably want to draft a PG anyway), probably dont want Jones back anyway

GAustex
06-07-2023, 05:25 PM
When you need him most
At the crucial moment
He has a pulled hamstring

spurraider21
06-07-2023, 05:26 PM
When you need him most
At the crucial moment
He has a pulled hamstring
all the more reason for a team like us to get him than a contender who is actually going to be dependent on him in may

GAustex
06-07-2023, 05:30 PM
Perspective is a wonderful thing
OK I cannot stand the dirty cheap shot flailing POS
Pass

baseline bum
06-07-2023, 05:32 PM
spurs have well over 30 mil in cap space. if you are looking at their current cap number, about 45 mil of that is in cap holds, 17 of which is romeo langford. they can easily open up enough space just by renouncing some shmucks they have no interest in bringing back anyway

the active roster number, including Zollins, is just under 80 mil. the cap hold for wemby as the #1 pick is about 12 mil, putting the number at 92, while the cap is going to be about 134.

there are some cap holds they might want to hang onto, like Tre Jones (5 mil), Mamu (2 mil), and Barlow/Champagnie combine for about 3.5. then again, if you are bringing in CP3 and already have Graham (and probably want to draft a PG anyway), probably dont want Jones back anyway

It would come off their 2022-23 cap, not their 2023-24 cap. The 2023-24 season when it comes to contracts doesn't start until July and players have to be picked up within like 3 days off waivers.

spurraider21
06-07-2023, 05:38 PM
It would come off their 2022-23 cap, not their 2023-24 cap. The 2023-24 season when it comes to contracts doesn't start until July and players have to be picked up within like 3 days off waivers.
ah gotcha

that seems odd tho. he's already played out the 22-23 season and gotten all the money for it

John B
06-07-2023, 05:48 PM
He’ll be chasing ring. He won’t spend his last playing days developing a young crew

Dex
06-07-2023, 05:56 PM
I assume his agent has told teams not to claim him so he can sign with a team of his choosing (lakers).

Three stars who have struggled staying healthy over the last 2-3 seasons, two of which who are pushing 40. How could that go wrong?

SpursFan86
06-07-2023, 05:57 PM
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1666578187461984258?s=46&t=7J7PSnY8RJS8_UemWCmgcA

Latest tweet from Shams points to there being a few different ways this could play out…as opposed to just outright waiving him and that being the end of it.

Dex
06-07-2023, 05:58 PM
Also, I wonder what KD thinks about this. Did he go to Phoenix hoping to play with Paul, or is he glad to see him out the door? Hard to say...but everywhere he goes, people start jumping ship now.

spurraider21
06-07-2023, 05:58 PM
Three stars who have struggled staying healthy over the last 2-3 seasons, two of which who are pushing 40. How could that go wrong?
lakers medical staff is going to need its own medical staff

ducks
06-07-2023, 06:08 PM
Also, I wonder what KD thinks about this. Did he go to Phoenix hoping to play with Paul, or is he glad to see him out the door? Hard to say...but everywhere he goes, people start jumping ship now.

Paul is due a lot of money if he is on roster
He is not worth half that
Kd likes Booker
Kd went to ride a train to title
He knows Paul is not to be counted on always injured
He should be thrilled
They will get someone else

SpursFan86
06-07-2023, 06:12 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1666583127911694336?s=46&t=7J7PSnY8RJS8_UemWCmgcA

Paul continues to want to return to Suns and partner with Booker and Durant, sources said. Nevertheless, Paul and his reps want organization to make a decision well ahead of June 28th deadline to guarantee his deal so that Paul can proceed into marketplace if he’s indeed waived.

ducks
06-07-2023, 06:13 PM

Yeah him being hurt in playoffs never ever happens

CGD
06-07-2023, 06:17 PM
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1666578187461984258?s=46&t=7J7PSnY8RJS8_UemWCmgcA

Latest tweet from Shams points to there being a few different ways this could play out…as opposed to just outright waiving him and that being the end of it.

I mean now that they’ve announced intentions, why wouldn’t you wait for him to clear waivers

td4mvp2k
06-07-2023, 06:38 PM
He’ll be chasing ring. He won’t spend his last playing days developing a young crew
nothing to see here.. another ring chaser in LA

John B
06-07-2023, 06:39 PM

I rather he goes to Lakers and torpedo another season with injuries :lol

bluebellmaniac
06-07-2023, 06:45 PM

They are waiving him because only $15M is guaranteed for next year if they waive him before June 28th. None of the 2nd year would be guaranteed at that point.

If you grab him off waivers, you are stuck with his $30M guaranteed for next year. You'd have to decide by next June 28th to decide if you want to let the 2nd year become fully guaranteed. Pricey stuff.

Maddog
06-07-2023, 07:43 PM
I really can't see any rational reason to want him
Big contract
Past his expiration date and doesn't know it.
Tends to dominate the ball.

All this on a young developing team

Chomag
06-07-2023, 08:14 PM
1 year Vet min then maybe...

timtonymanu
06-07-2023, 08:16 PM
:lol Durbeta
:lol jumping ship to Miami or Denver next

timtonymanu
06-07-2023, 08:18 PM
Really can’t wait until this generation of players leave (Paul, Durant, Harden, Irving.) tired of all these faggots switching teams and having teams gutted for them only so they can leave and sign with another team anyway.

Degoat
06-07-2023, 08:24 PM
I know it’s not exclusively Chris Paul but he helped lead an OKC team to the playoffs, then joined the suns and made them automatic contenders when they were shit for years.

spurraider21
06-07-2023, 08:28 PM
I know it’s not exclusively Chris Paul but he helped lead an OKC team to the playoffs, then joined the suns and made them automatic contenders when they were shit for years.
he's a huge part of both those things tbh

Knox
06-07-2023, 08:35 PM
Paul on the cheap sounds like a fine stopgap at PG to me.

Silverheart80
06-07-2023, 08:39 PM
2014: Injured hamstring
2015: Injured hamstring
2016: Right-hand fracture
2018: Injured hamstring
2021: Torn wrist ligaments
2022: Quad injury
2023: Groin injury

Missed crucial playoff games in several of those years.

And he's 38 years old.

Pass.

heyheymymy
06-07-2023, 08:49 PM
2014: Injured hamstring
2015: Injured hamstring
2016: Right-hand fracture
2018: Injured hamstring
2021: Torn wrist ligaments
2022: Quad injury
2023: Groin injury

Missed crucial playoff games in several of those years.

And he's 38 years old.

Pass.

/end thread

Mr. Body
06-07-2023, 08:53 PM
Because he was waived this current season, he can technically resign with the Suns when the new season behind next month. This saves them some money but they still probably need to move Ayton.

Uriel
06-07-2023, 08:53 PM
There are multiple reasons why it would not be a good idea to sign Chris Paul:

1. It potentially makes the team too good next year to secure another lottery pick.
2. It takes minutes away from our younger players who need time to develop.
3. It’s Chris Paul.

Dex
06-07-2023, 08:57 PM
Also :lol at any mention of him being a "mentor"...dude is a certified flopper and dirty player, has had issues with many teammates, and forces his way out when the going gets tough.

There is absolutely nothing that indicates Paul wants to come in and mentor a young team to end his career, even with Wemby. Dude is strictly ring chasing right now

I don't want that dude ANYWHERE near our locker room and young guys

Obstructed_View
06-07-2023, 09:07 PM
Selfish piece of shit. I'd be embarrassed to see that useless turd in silver and black. I'd rather have Sidney Green back for 30 million dollars.

Stump
06-07-2023, 09:08 PM
There is a lot of hate for Chris Paul in this thread. The dude is still a productive player with gas left in the tank. I have full confidence that he is still a fit somewhere in the league.

That fit, however, is not in San Antonio.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2023, 09:15 PM
There is also a lot of reality about Chris Paul. He has always been self-serving, has always been a cheap shot artist, has always been unable to ring, and has always been injured when it matters.

You are right, though. Somewhere in the league is a team that will be thrilled to pay through the nose for the empty calories a Chris Paul can provide.

Ariel
06-07-2023, 09:28 PM
I can understand both positions, but there's no point in arguing when he's not going to sign with the Spurs anyway, he already said he wants to play for a contender and the Lakers are overwhelming favorites.

widowmaker
06-07-2023, 09:36 PM
I can understand both positions, but there's no point in arguing when he's not going to sign with the Spurs anyway, he already said he wants to play for a contender and the Lakers are overwhelming favorites.

Tha lakers are a contender? Lmao wow the shit you read in this forum nowadays lmao.

cd98
06-07-2023, 09:40 PM
People here are missing out on what the Spurs would need from him. They wouldn't want him to play minutes or even get teh Spurs to the playoffs and be a key player in a playoff role. They are at least two years away from being a legit playoff team. Paul may be a lot of things and he may not have won a title, but he has won a lot of games in his career and that isn't by accident. A young team needs veteran leadership on and off the court. Paul has that, even if you don't like him.

He's not coming here by his choice, but I was in favor of him coming here and spending most of the season mentoring the young spurs and then waiving him at the end of the year so he could join a playoff team.

Philthemage
06-07-2023, 09:43 PM
People here are missing out on what the Spurs would need from him. They wouldn't want him to play minutes or even get teh Spurs to the playoffs and be a key player in a playoff role. They are at least two years away from being a legit playoff team. Paul may be a lot of things and he may not have won a title, but he has won a lot of games in his career and that isn't by accident. A young team needs veteran leadership on and off the court. Paul has that, even if you don't like him.

He's not coming here by his choice, but I was in favor of him coming here and spending most of the season mentoring the young spurs and then waiving him at the end of the year so he could join a playoff team.

In what instance have you ever heard that he's been a great mentor? I'm not connecting the dots on him being a good leader / mentor.

cd98
06-07-2023, 09:49 PM
In what instance have you ever heard that he's been a great mentor? I'm not connecting the dots on him being a good leader / mentor.

I've only heard that he wears on guys like Hardin that don't want to be pushed. I'd bet he's work great in San Antonio. He's won everywhere he's been, including the Pelicans wasteland and the Thunder. He's never won a title and that is a fair knock, but when he isn't injured, he is a great player that knows how to win. I think a guy like that could share a lot of "know how" in S.A.

I know that a lot of teams have wanted to trade for him when he was available and he signed a massive contract at an older age because people thought he was worth it. I mean he'll retire a top 10 point guard of all time. How could someone like that not impart good wisdom on young players? And when have we ever heard that Paul had off court issues?

Ariel
06-07-2023, 09:51 PM
Tha lakers are a contender? Lmao wow the shit you read in this forum nowadays lmao.
I don't think they're realistically a championship contender, but that's the expectation and they made the WCF, so that's at least on par with Phoenix level, so...

cd98
06-07-2023, 09:52 PM
Hey Lakers did finish top 4 in the playoffs. And even though they lost 4-0 against Denver, every game was close. I thought the Lakers really improved by the end of the year, but yes, to be good enough to beat a team like Denver, they would need more than just Paul.

Mr. Body
06-07-2023, 09:54 PM
Hey Lakers did finish top 4 in the playoffs. And even though they lost 4-0 against Denver, every game was close. I thought the Lakers really improved by the end of the year, but yes, to be good enough to beat a team like Denver, they would need more than just Paul.

Dallas was in the conference finals last year and got wrecked. Neither them last year or the Lakers this year were very good. The league just sucks overall right now.

Philthemage
06-07-2023, 09:58 PM
I've only heard that he wears on guys like Hardin that don't want to be pushed. I'd bet he's work great in San Antonio. He's won everywhere he's been, including the Pelicans wasteland and the Thunder. He's never won a title and that is a fair knock, but when he isn't injured, he is a great player that knows how to win. I think a guy like that could share a lot of "know how" in S.A.

I know that a lot of teams have wanted to trade for him when he was available and he signed a massive contract at an older age because people thought he was worth it. I mean he'll retire a top 10 point guard of all time. How could someone like that not impart good wisdom on young players? And when have we ever heard that Paul had off court issues?

Aside from being self serving which has been brought up here already, he's always been known to rub teammates the wrong way whenever they make a mistake. This is in line with what you're saying ion accountability, but we aren't short on that in SA with Pop and our culture here. And they do that in a much better way than however CP3 does it.

I don't deny he's a top 5 pg all time, but I doubt he can bring that much to improve culture on top of what we already have in place.

Millennial_Messiah
06-07-2023, 10:05 PM
We're talking about the same faggot who pulled a dirty flop and bitched to Kike Stern to intentionally end Bruce Bowen's games played streak at 500-ish games. Our Bruce Bowen. Fuck that meddling weaselly littlebitch.

Mr. Body
06-07-2023, 10:11 PM
We're talking about the same faggot who pulled a dirty flop and bitched to Kike Stern to intentionally end Bruce Bowen's games played streak at 500-ish games. Our Bruce Bowen. Fuck that meddling weaselly littlebitch.

Jesus Christ can you stop with the slurs.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2023, 10:14 PM

It's like my brain is that tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2023, 10:15 PM
I'd rather have Draymond at the same amount.

paperboy77
06-07-2023, 10:15 PM
You kidding me? If he could stay healthy, we'd be a 50+ win team that would lose in the semis or conference finals. Classic setup. I say please Spurs get this done even if we overpay for the man. That dude could teach this team to be legit.

jjspur
06-07-2023, 10:16 PM
Come on Lakers sign Chris Paul. Then you really won't have any money to resign some of the players that helped you get to the conference playoffs. My guess is that chases a ring in L.A. (Clips or fakers) or tries to weasel his way to Miami.

Wherever he goes, he's good for maybe half a season and then gets injured in the playoffs Oh I broke a toenail .... I'm injured. I need load management like my boy Kawhi. How many times have we heard that story.

We could no doubt use a decent to good point guard. Chris Paul with all his baggage isn't it.

KobesAchilles
06-07-2023, 10:16 PM
I’m down

We aren’t contenders this year. But it would be nice to have a guy who can get people into sets, hold the youth accountable, get easy baskets for others, and occasionally hit the open shot. He wouldn’t be ball dominant here at all. Plus when we need a person who has been there and knows when to slow it down and compose the team, it would be nice to have a point guard that can actually do that instead of Tre

widowmaker
06-07-2023, 10:18 PM
I don't think they're realistically a championship contender, but that's the expectation and they made the WCF, so that's at least on par with Phoenix level, so...

They lebron refed their way to the WCF is more like it. But bottom line CP is washed up and so are the lakers.

EricB
06-07-2023, 11:18 PM

1. It potentially makes the team too good next year to secure another lottery pick.
3. It’s Chris Paul.

are we seriously rooting for a lottery season again?

what the hell?

scott
06-07-2023, 11:37 PM
Don’t worry gang, Paul passes on us

mystargtr34
06-08-2023, 12:36 AM
Lakers or Clippers imo.

spurraider21
06-08-2023, 12:52 AM

3. It’s Chris Paul.
we’re done tanking lol

that’s not to say we are pushing the chips all in, but avoiding good players because we want better picks is a thing of the past

wildbill2u
06-08-2023, 05:18 AM

Yeah, but if he is smarter than the team in negotiating a contract at36, then that's on them. They took a chance for a home run by signing a great older player and it didn't work out for them. Their bad.

CGD
06-08-2023, 06:06 AM
I’d rather see what Minni does with Connolly. He’s in a similar boat, owed 25m+ but can be waived and owed about 14m.

Spursfanfromafar
06-08-2023, 06:09 AM
I’d rather see what Minni does with Connolly. He’s in a similar boat, owed 25m+ but can be waived and owed about 14m.

You mean, Conley?

exstatic
06-08-2023, 06:48 AM

That was Ray Allen.

CGD
06-08-2023, 07:32 AM
You mean, Conley?

Yes

dbestpro
06-08-2023, 08:25 AM
I think he resigns with the Suns.

exstatic
06-08-2023, 08:25 AM
My two lasting memories of CP0 are of him running off the court like a little bitch after we beat NO in game 7 on their court, and after he was traded from the LAC to HOU, leading Rockets players through some secret tunnels or passages that led to the Clippers locker room for some sort of post game confrontation.

Not Spurs material.

stnick2261
06-08-2023, 08:27 AM
If he goes to LA... does that make it easier to steal Austin Reaves?

exstatic
06-08-2023, 09:35 AM

Next season does. There is another guarantee date next June 28th where you would have to cut him or pay him that last $30M.

Millennial_Messiah
06-08-2023, 09:53 AM
That was Ray Allen.
Incorrect:

https://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4596/bruce-bowen-suspended
(https://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4596/bruce-bowen-suspended)
Ray Allen was a bitch too, called his defense "sissy", and got Bruce some technical fouls over the years, even got him ejected from a game in April 2003, but never suspended.

timvp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) can confirm.
Millennial_Messiah (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=50493) 1 exstatic (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20) 0

Let us proceed......

Jesus Christ can you stop with the slurs.
Pussy. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen :lol
Cancel culture :lol
Quivering pink vagina :lol

Mr. Body
06-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Incorrect:

https://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4596/bruce-bowen-suspended
(https://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4596/bruce-bowen-suspended)
Ray Allen was a bitch too, called his defense "sissy", and got Bruce some technical fouls over the years, even got him ejected from a game in April 2003, but never suspended.

timvp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) can confirm.
Millennial_Messiah (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=50493) 1 exstatic (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20) 0

Let us proceed......

Pussy. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen :lol
Cancel culture :lol
Quivering pink vagina :lol

Those are just bad names. Don't give a fuck about those.

But stop with the slurs against gay people and Jewish people. This site, fortunately or unfortunately, represents Spurs fandom in some way, and I don't want a dipshit like you making us look bad.

Millennial_Messiah
06-08-2023, 10:10 AM
Those are just bad names. Don't give a fuck about those.

But stop with the slurs against gay people and Jewish people. This site, fortunately or unfortunately, represents Spurs fandom in some way, and I don't want a dipshit like you making us look bad.
Gay slurs like faggot were popular on this site until like 9 years ago. :lol too many softies these days. Give me 15-20 years ago bro talk all day.

Mr. Body
06-08-2023, 10:31 AM
Gay slurs like faggot were popular on this site until like 9 years ago. :lol too many softies these days. Give me 15-20 years ago bro talk all day.

I just hate people thinking Spurs fans are a bunch of shit-stained incels who beat it to their sisters in the next room.

Extra Stout
06-08-2023, 10:37 AM
I just hate people thinking Spurs fans are a bunch of shit-stained incels who beat it to their sisters in the next room.San Antonio is in Texas. You can’t wash off the stigma.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2023, 10:38 AM
I just hate people thinking Spurs fans are a bunch of shit-stained incels who beat it to their sisters in the next room.

To be fair to Millennial, he is likely actually having sex with his sister.

On the subject of Chris Paul, I'd vote no. I think he's done at this point. As others have said, he gives no indication of wanting to anything but ring-chase, anyway. He's not going to be the old-wise mentor to Wemby, cheering from the sidelines.

Besides, we've got plenty of our own Hall of Famers loyal to the Spurs who will likely show up to mentor our guys.

Millennial_Messiah
06-08-2023, 10:45 AM

not everyone is joey tbh.

To be fair to Millennial, he is likely actually having sex with his sister.

dumb, and I don't even have a sister tbh, just the half brothers in Florida.

The GF's I've had in the past few years have all been in MI and WI. Long ways from San Antonio.

BacktoBasics
06-08-2023, 10:51 AM

You’re a fucking stain on this community. Must be some pathetic existence of yours to continue participating on a forum that doesn’t want you here.

You swear you’re not an incel but that’s exactly what incels do. They seek out exchanges with people who want nothing to do with them while making those exchanges as offensive as possible.

BacktoBasics
06-08-2023, 10:54 AM

The GF's I've had in the past few years have all been in MI and WI. Long ways from San Antonio.
Yeah the ole “I have a gf but she lives in another state”.

Classic incel. Let me guess, she knows all about your racist and homophobic posts here and finds it quirky and funny.

You’re a fucking mess.

JPB
06-08-2023, 10:55 AM
Imagine believing gay slurs and antisemitism is "bro talk" and make you look like cool, tough guy on a BB board. I mean you know you're not a cool, tough guy when everything you got to discuss with your bros is that annoying, teen crap. "Boo, you faggot!

Pussies!!
Vaginas!
Uterus!!
Ovaries!!!

Mr. Body
06-08-2023, 10:58 AM

Honestly, don't really care if you're sticking your tiny pud into a puddle of snot and calling it a girlfriend. That's up to you.

Just knock off the MAGAt shit with the slurs.

Mark in Austin
06-08-2023, 11:00 AM
Hard Pass. Aside from the injuries, the flameouts and his age, is a point guard that dribbles for 18 seconds then makes a perfect pass really the offense we want?

lefty
06-08-2023, 12:09 PM
I like Paul

But no

scott
06-08-2023, 12:48 PM
LOL, it’s always the self-proclaimed libertarians with the stupidest shit to say followed up with casual use of racist and homophobic slurs.

scott
06-08-2023, 12:49 PM
The reasons for the Spurs to have interest in Paul are iffy at best, the reasons for Paul to be interested in the Spurs are non-existent. No need to worry about this actually happening.

LittleCriminal
06-08-2023, 08:14 PM
Who cares.. scrub is 38 making 30 mill a year.. Hard pass.

ducks
06-08-2023, 09:10 PM
Who cares.. scrub is 38 making 30 mill a year.. Hard pass.

Easy pass
Hell hell hell no

baseline bum
06-08-2023, 09:14 PM
The reasons for the Spurs to have interest in Paul are iffy at best, the reasons for Paul to be interested in the Spurs are non-existent. No need to worry about this actually happening.

cash rules all the hoes around me
get that money
dolla dolla bill y'all

tonight...you
06-08-2023, 09:19 PM
cash rules all the hoes around me
get that money
dolla dolla bill y'all
Lol. I do enjoy a bastardized WuTang lyric.

baseline bum
06-08-2023, 09:21 PM
Lol. I do enjoy a bastardized WuTang lyric.

I heard a guy singing that to a bunch of girls at Windsor Park Mall back in the day :lol

baseline bum
06-08-2023, 09:30 PM
we’re done tanking lol

that’s not to say we are pushing the chips all in, but avoiding good players because we want better picks is a thing of the past

Yeah the Spurs have assets to go all-in once Wemby's ready so no need to do it again. The tank's over unless Wemby busts, in which case it'll happen naturally.

BacktoBasics
06-08-2023, 09:35 PM
Yeah the Spurs have assets to go all-in once Wemby's ready so no need to do it again. The tank's over unless Wemby busts, in which case it'll happen naturally.

I would agree that we’re done tanking but I don’t think we’d be wise to go all in on day 1 and start leveraging assets in a “win now” kinda way. We’re not ringing next season. We need to let things percolate and exercise some patience with our draft stock. Make prudent moves and position ourselves for a long run from Wembys 3rd year on.

tonight...you
06-08-2023, 09:40 PM
I heard a guy singing that to a bunch of girls at Windsor Park Mall back in the day :lol
Quoted?
That like George Jr and his fool me once gaffe.

Cash rules... uh it rules guys!
Dollah dollah bill y'alll!

I'm from Jersey!

baseline bum
06-08-2023, 09:41 PM
I would agree that we’re done tanking but I don’t think we’d be wise to go all in on day 1 and start leveraging assets in a “win now” kinda way. We’re not ringing next season. We need to let things percolate and exercise some patience with our draft stock. Make prudent moves and position ourselves for a long run from Wembys 3rd year on.

In a perfect world I'd agree but with the Spurs' most valuable trade assets being the Hawks picks that start in 2025 might need to make a move next summer if it presents itself. If say KAT or Lillard is the best they can do then just keep the picks but if a legit All-NBA player who isn't 34+ can be had might need to strike while the team has the assets to get him.

mookie2001
06-08-2023, 09:50 PM
Basketball-wise I don't think this would be the worst thing in the world.

But the message we want to send is that this is Wemby's team, we're on Wemby's timeline, we're a team on the rise, team of the future etc.

-Most of all, that we're not desperate and overpaying for veterans past their prime.

BacktoBasics
06-09-2023, 09:57 AM
In a perfect world I'd agree but with the Spurs' most valuable trade assets being the Hawks picks that start in 2025 might need to make a move next summer if it presents itself. If say KAT or Lillard is the best they can do then just keep the picks but if a legit All-NBA player who isn't 34+ can be had might need to strike while the team has the assets to get him.
No argument there. My perspective on big moves will be much different next summer than it is now. I’d like to see us sit on this team for at least a year. Barring anything truly significant like Brown from the Celtics or something to that degree. We should keep our core intact.

Despite the record last season we have a pretty cohesive squad and there seems to be really good locker room chemistry. I think Wemby would greatly benefit from that.

Once he’s got a year under him then I think we can be more aggressive.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-09-2023, 12:10 PM
I think Pop likes Paul. I know there was that rumor the spurs offered Parker for Paul, many years ago. I like he's cheaper than Harden and Lillard. I think he could basically be a player coach for Wemby. Advise him to be a ball dominant floor general.

Mr. Body
06-09-2023, 12:16 PM
Guys, Paul is going to a playoff team and contender. He's probably staying in Phoenix anyway. He's not coming to play for a potential play-in team for the last years of his career.