PDA

View Full Version : 2023 NBA Draft Predictions

Degoat
06-19-2023, 05:44 PM
The week is finally here! In a matter of a couple of days Wemby will be a spur. Curious to hear people predictions.

#1- Wemby (obviously)
#33?
#44?

I have a hunch Brice sensabaugh, Rayan Rupert, and Noah Clowney could fall to 33.
Feel like the spurs will target a shooter like Seth Lundy with one of their 2nds

spurraider21
06-19-2023, 06:04 PM
id be pretty upset if we made selections at both 33 and 44

BatManu20
06-19-2023, 06:08 PM
I predict we’ll trade back into the top-20, hopefully even the 12-14 range without giving up a player, and selecting the best PG available. No way Spurs want to bring in 3 new Rookies again imo. Consolidate our picks and move up to grab Bufkin, Wallace, or JHS and call it a day.

Wemby + a PG would be a stellar draft.

tonight...you
06-19-2023, 06:34 PM
I predict we’ll trade back into the top-20, hopefully even the 12-14 range without giving up a player, and selecting the best PG available. No way Spurs want to bring in 3 new Rookies again imo. Consolidate our picks and move up to grab Bufkin, Wallace, or JHS and call it a day.

Wemby + a PG would be a stellar draft.
Wemby alone is a stellar Draft.

BatManu20
06-19-2023, 06:35 PM
Wemby alone is a stellar Draft.

Facts. A legit PG prospect would just be the cherry on top. But we’ll see. I’m happy either way with Wemby so not complaining.

tonight...you
06-19-2023, 06:38 PM
Facts. A legit PG prospect would just be the cherry on top. But we’ll see. I’m happy either way with Wemby so not complaining.
With ya big bruddah.

SpursFan86
06-19-2023, 06:42 PM
Realistic prediction:

- Wemby at #1
- No trades to get another 1st round pick
- Someone who unexpectedly falls out of the first round at 33 (Nnaji, Podz, Rupert are some names I could see)
- Trading away #45 (hopefully for a future pick and not just cash)

Dream scenario would be trading up and landing Cason Wallace in the 12-16 range. Of all the commonly talked about PGs in this draft, he’s who I’d like the most based on fit + cost.

JPB
06-19-2023, 06:44 PM
spurs don't trade up, pick at 33 (no idea who since I don't know who will still be there) and trade #44 for a future second or use it on a stashed Something'ovic.

Edit: We soulmates, 86.

Maddog
06-19-2023, 06:44 PM
1. Wemby
33. Who cares
44. Who cares

TBH- I think they trade both to move into the 20s

stnick2261
06-19-2023, 06:54 PM
Realistic prediction:

- Wemby at #1
- Someone who unexpectedly falls out of the first round at 33 (Nnaji, Podz, Rupert are some names I could see)

Dream scenario would be trading up and landing Cason Wallace in the 12-16 range. Of all the commonly talked about PGs in this draft, he’s who I’d like the most based on fit + cost.

It’s not what I want… but it’s exactly what I’m expecting

tonight...you
06-19-2023, 07:20 PM
It’s not what I want… but it’s exactly what I’m expecting
Could be worse. We could all be arguing Miller over Henderson over a Thompson twin, much less a bonus pick in the 1st.

Uriel
06-19-2023, 07:56 PM
Realistic prediction:

- Wemby at #1

This is honestly the most likely scenario, with 45 also possibly being used to draft and stash.

scott
06-20-2023, 03:05 AM
I predict that we sell off 33 to someone who really covets someone who fell, and we add another future FRP for it. I then predict we sell off 44 also.

Oh and we take the French PG/SF at #1

rascal
06-20-2023, 05:12 AM
#1 Wemby

#33 Jaquez Jr.

#44 and another first round pick trade for a veteran PG no one is expecting

rascal
06-20-2023, 05:35 AM
The Spurs will try to trade and move up to draft a PG but they won't like the asking prices for their targeted PGs so they will settle for a veteran PG with #44 and a future first.

Spurs have adding another PG as a priority.

heyheymymy
06-20-2023, 05:48 AM
New tankathon player rankings 17 hrs ago

Wow they put Lively II at #10 DAL what a jump

PhantomDashCam
06-20-2023, 06:02 AM
- #33 Kris Murray
- #44 traded for future considerations
- and then sign Jazian Gortman to a 2-way post draft

Big Empty
06-20-2023, 06:26 AM
1. Wemby
2. We trade Branham/2 future first/33/44 and take Kobe Bufkin in the top 13

Dejounte
06-20-2023, 06:44 AM
Wemby, Rayan, Jaime

Excessive Egotist
06-20-2023, 06:45 AM
Increasingly, I'd like the Spurs pick up another first round pick, but not at the expense of future draft assets. Given the new CBA, those picks are more valuable now than before. The Atlanta '27 might be the best near-term owed asset in the league. But I'd be thrilled if we took on bad salary for an additional pick. This could start as early as 10 (Mavs and another team sending us bad salary to complete a trade), but there are several scenarios in the first round. Not all bad salary is the same. Taking back Ben Simmons for Nets' 21 and 22 or Portland's 23 for Nurkic. Meh. Probably causes more hard than good. I guess it just comes down to the draft prospects available when those picks are on the clock.

CGD
06-20-2023, 06:48 AM
Wemby, Rayan, Jaime

I would love this outcome if we keep all 3

Excessive Egotist
06-20-2023, 06:50 AM
Wemby, GG Jackson, Sidy Cissoko.

Degoat
06-20-2023, 07:00 AM
Wemby, GG Jackson, Sidy Cissoko.

That be spicy lol do wonder if the spurs are one of those teams that would take the chance on GG, he’s seems like a good kid in interviews

JPB
06-20-2023, 07:08 AM
1. Wemby

This is pure crazyness, no way in one billion worlds spurs do even half that.

Atl Spur
06-20-2023, 07:12 AM
1. Wemby
33. Who cares
44. Who cares

TBH- I think they trade both to move into the 20s
We need to care…….Manu and Jokic says hi! Let’s not be that passive ass fanbase on one hand but bitch & complain about every other move moving forward:)

mo7888
06-20-2023, 07:14 AM
#1 Wembanyama
#33 GG Jackson II
#44 trade/sold

That's if we stand pat, however i think we move #33 + future assets to move up.

Atl Spur
06-20-2023, 07:17 AM
1. Wemby

NO NOT NEVER! Nice troll job….

Big Empty
06-20-2023, 07:31 AM
NO NOT NEVER! Nice troll job….if theres someone the Spurs are crazy about this is what itl take. I think they are gonna make a move

poopbox
06-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Unrealistically, if we trade Keldon and a pick to get Black along with Wemby I'd probably die in a pool of my own jizz tbh

Realistically...who cares...we are getting Wemby...we got time to figure out the rest tbh...

objective
06-20-2023, 08:01 AM
Spurs will trade #33 or #44 to Brooklyn for either #21 or #22 and Patty Mills. Dumping Mills will get Brooklyn out of tax trouble to sign Cam Johnson and maybe just maybe stay out of the tax. And if not saving the tax on Mills' 6.8 million will be worth moving down.

Pop will love having Mills back to overplay.

Don't have a great idea on who they would take. Maybe Podziemski or Rupert

dbestpro
06-20-2023, 08:05 AM
#1 Wemby
#33 Podz
#44 Timme

Ocotillo
06-20-2023, 08:14 AM
I predict that we sell off 33 to someone who really covets someone who fell, and we add another future FRP for it. I then predict we sell off 44 also.

You may be on to something. Someone who is in love with somebody that falls, maybe we could get a future first for both the second rounders and call it a day.

John B
06-20-2023, 08:36 AM
#1 Wemby
#7 Black, trade Keldon plus future CHA FRP and 2 future SRP’s
#33 Brandin Podziemsky
#44 Project Big

BacktoBasics
06-20-2023, 09:03 AM
#1 Wemby
#7 Black, trade Keldon plus future CHA FRP and 2 future SRP’s
#33 Brandin Podziemsky
#44 Project Big
You’re giving up too much offensive production for Black. I really want Black too. Just not for Keldon.

It’s going to be a real struggle if we put the offensive load on Wemby and Vassell. We need Keldons offense at least for Wembys rookie season. Barring a big offensive signing.

John B
06-20-2023, 09:14 AM
You’re giving up too much offensive production for Black. I really want Black too. Just not for Keldon.

It’s going to be a real struggle if we put the offensive load on Wemby and Vassell. We need Keldons offense at least for Wembys rookie season. Barring a big offensive signing.

I hate to lose Keldon. But it would take a Keldon to get an Anthony Black. Same way George Hill was a favorite, I think the PATFO will sacrifice to get that defensive PG with high bball IQ to pair with Wemby.

I think we’ll see an increase production from Sochan and Zollins being their 2nd year (Zollins cemented at starting C).

Black, Vassell, Wemby, Sochan, Zollins. That line-up next year or so will be so sweet.

drpill
06-20-2023, 09:18 AM
I've warmed up a bit to the idea of trading Keldon, if the front office feels they've identified an impact player who makes it worthwhile, a la the George Hill trade. I agree that the team would need to add another offensive piece, either via trade or free agency, to replace KJ's production. Not sure who's out there that fits that mold (Kuzma? ick, but okay), but if the FO thinks Black or Amen (for example) is the future floor general this team needs, I trust them to make the right call.

Still, I don't think Keldon gets traded. I think it's more likely they'll trade a package of future picks to move up into the late lottery/teens for someone they feel is an impact player (Hood-Schifino maybe). We have way too many draft picks in the next few years and now that Wembanyama is on board it's time to start making use of them.

John B
06-20-2023, 09:27 AM
I've warmed up a bit to the idea of trading Keldon, if the front office feels they've identified an impact player who makes it worthwhile, a la the George Hill trade. I agree that the team would need to add another offensive piece, either via trade or free agency, to replace KJ's production. Not sure who's out there that fits that mold (Kuzma? ick, but okay), but if the FO thinks Black or Amen (for example) is the future floor general this team needs, I trust them to make the right call.

Still, I don't think Keldon gets traded. I think it's more likely they'll trade a package of future picks to move up into the late lottery/teens for someone they feel is an impact player (Hood-Schifino maybe). We have way too many draft picks in the next few years and now that Wembanyama is on board it's time to start making use of them.

I think the Sochan/Keldon issue needs to be addressed, similar to Murray/White. One has to go. He’s a tweener at 4. Wemby is obvious choice at 3. He’s too slow at 2. And I doubt Keldon takes the 6th man role. Keldon IS the odd-man out. I can see a trade at Pacers and I see he will be an All-Star in the East, and everybody would say “why did the Spurs let him go?” It’s a Win-Win on both sides I think.

BatManu20
06-20-2023, 09:28 AM
I hate to lose Keldon. But it would take a Keldon to get an Anthony Black. Same way George Hill was a favorite, I think the PATFO will sacrifice to get that defensive PG with high bball IQ to pair with Wemby.

I think we’ll see an increase production from Sochan and Zollins being their 2nd year (Zollins cemented at starting C).

Black, Vassell, Wemby, Sochan, Zollins. That line-up next year or so will be so sweet.

Brian Wright just said yesterday they’re not trading Keldon anytime soon lol. Ain’t happenin’.

John B
06-20-2023, 09:37 AM
Brian Wright just said yesterday they’re not trading Keldon anytime soon lol. Ain’t happenin’.

I saw that. Then maybe he’ll take the 6th man role :lol

Well somebody has to go. I’m almost positive the Spurs are trying to trade up to get another lottery pick on this draft. It would be quite irresponsible to burn a year with Wemby not getting his PG. And nope it’s not Tre.

buttsR4rebounding
06-20-2023, 09:38 AM

While I don't think it's going to happen, of course he is saying they aren't trading him. The Spurs would NEVER come out an say they were actively considering trading a player even if Wright just got off the phone discussing a Keldon trade. I'm sure if you asked Buford in 2011 if they were thinking of trading Hill you would have gotten a similar answer.

Mr. Body
06-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Barring trades.

1: Wembanyama, I'm pretty sure

33: Amari Bailey

44: Jordan Walsh

With the 33, they'll pull a more established older player or go for Bailey, unless someone like Whitehead drops. If they actually take the 44, a player like Walsh who will tear up the end of the bench is the way to go.

BacktoBasics
06-20-2023, 10:05 AM

I don’t see any rush to do this.

R. DeMurre
06-20-2023, 10:10 AM
I see the Spurs making a more quiet under-the-radar move to pick up a veteran to platoon with Tre as a stop gap at PG-- someone who's relatively efficient, but not necessarily a big splash. Some candidates might be Delon Wright (since Washington is probably starting from scratch), Malcolm Brogdon (Celts might need to move him for $ reasons), Alex Caruso, etc... I don't see the Spurs wanting a rookie PG spending much time on the court with Wembanyama. A rotation of Tre + vet + limited minutes of Sochan works for Year 1 of the rebuild. Wright and RC are already preaching patience, and barring a young PG actually being available (Quickley's my preference, but I doubt that happens), I think they just make a simple and somewhat safe move for now.

drpill
06-20-2023, 10:11 AM
I don’t see any rush to do this.

IMO if you see the player you want, you go get him. No sense waiting and hoping a similar prospect will come along and be available to you. I'd much rather trade picks for that player than Keldon though. This team needs depth and scoring punch, and Keldon provides some desirable intangibles as well. Black isn't going to provide scoring (or at least shooting, right away) but there are a lot of players out there who can put the ball in the basket.

exstatic
06-20-2023, 10:15 AM
I saw that. Then maybe he’ll take the 6th man role :lol

Well somebody has to go. I’m almost positive the Spurs are trying to trade up to get another lottery pick on this draft. It would be quite irresponsible to burn a year with Wemby not getting his PG. And nope it’s not Tre.

He's 19, and it's not burning a year, it's figuring out what he is, in terms of an NBA player, and what he needs around him.

baseline bum
06-20-2023, 10:19 AM
#1 Wemby

#33 Jaquez Jr.

#44 and another first round pick trade for a veteran PG no one is expecting

Doesn't sound like Jaquez is making it to 33

MultiTroll
06-20-2023, 10:38 AM
Drew Timme at 33 or 44?

I say yes.

Excessive Egotist
06-20-2023, 10:44 AM
I think Jackson and Cissoko are likely gone by 33 and 44, but their profiles (age, especially) seem to fit Brian Wright's preferences.

jjspur
06-20-2023, 11:22 AM
1. Wemby
2. #33 O-Max Prosper
3 #44 trade it for a future 2nd, not that we need more of them. Call it a night.

Grade A+ especially for defense. Try to get Drew Timme who has some decent skills, for the 3rd 2 way slot. He may not be drafted.

KobesAchilles
06-20-2023, 01:51 PM
If we keep all 3 picks then I would be disappointed. I think we just go for it tbh. Emotions are high that we got Wemby and we do something we wouldn’t normally do this year and trade back into the lotto at 11.

ismael-robert
06-20-2023, 02:26 PM
The draft needed another thread?

Mr. Body
06-20-2023, 02:52 PM

What else is going on right now?

ismael-robert
06-20-2023, 10:02 PM
The original 2023 nba draft thread

DAF86
06-20-2023, 10:07 PM
id be pretty upset if we made selections at both 33 and 44

I used to think like that, but if we can get Terquavion Smith at 44, I would be more than fine with keeping that pick, tbh.

Mr. Body
06-20-2023, 10:08 PM

Sorry you're so disappointed. :(

Mr. Body
06-20-2023, 10:08 PM

EricB
06-20-2023, 10:15 PM

cute that people believe this stuff

EricB
06-20-2023, 10:16 PM

you gonna be ok?

GAustex
06-20-2023, 10:17 PM
I was impressed with Sanogo
If he is available at 44 nab him
He bent Timme over in the NCAAs and everyone else

Mr. Body
06-20-2023, 10:19 PM

DAF86
06-20-2023, 10:54 PM
Dream scenario #1: Wemby and trade up for Bufkin.

Dream scenario #2: Wemby at 1, Terquavion Smith at 44 and I whomever falls from the first round at 33.