PDA

View Full Version : Titanic Submarine Tour - Missing

Darth_Pelican
06-20-2023, 03:57 PM
I'm sure you've seen this story developing by now. Air is running out.

Or shall we play the tin foil hat possibility that these billionaires just wanted to be presumed dead and start life over? I doubt it but still an interesting story and odd way to die.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/live-updates/missing-titanic-tourist-submersible/?id=100224153

leemajors
06-20-2023, 03:59 PM
https://www.insider.com/titan-submarine-ceo-complained-about-obscenely-safe-regulations-2023-6

The founder of the company behind the Titan submersible previously described his industry as "obscenely safe" and complained that passenger-vessel regulations held back innovation.

Millennial_Messiah
06-20-2023, 05:40 PM
111 spring's apart :wow

spurraider21
06-20-2023, 05:43 PM

Robz4000
06-20-2023, 07:26 PM
Prolly already dead tbh.

DMX7
06-20-2023, 09:04 PM
Prolly already dead tbh.

Almost certainly at this point. I'm guessing that the viewport failed and probably wiped out the passengers instantly. Seems like some safety shortcuts may have been taken.

Lochridge learned that the viewport manufacturer would only certify to a depth of 1,300 meters due to experimental design of the viewport supplied by OceanGate, which was out of the Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy (“PVHO”) standards. OceanGate refused to pay for the manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required depth of 4,000 meters.

https://newrepublic.com/post/173802/missing-titanic-sub-faced-lawsuit-depths-safely-travel-oceangate

DMX7
06-20-2023, 09:35 PM
Almost certainly at this point. I'm guessing that the viewport failed and probably wiped out the passengers instantly. Seems like some safety shortcuts may have been taken.

https://newrepublic.com/post/173802/missing-titanic-sub-faced-lawsuit-depths-safely-travel-oceangate

Very sadly, I think he is right. :depressed

French explorer Paul-Henry Nargeolet, one of the five people reportedly aboard the missing Titan submersible, was well aware of the dangers of deep-sea diving.

“If you are 11m or 11km down, if something bad happens, the result is the same,” he told the Irish Examiner in 2019. “When you’re in very deep water, you’re dead before you realize that something is happening, so it’s just not a problem.”

https://people.com/mr-titanic-paul-henry-nargeolet-was-aware-of-sub-risks-7550516

Millennial_Messiah
06-20-2023, 09:46 PM

I love the Onion, but i'd be alright if it was, say, a real news article instead :tu

The less billionaires the better :tu

lebomb
06-21-2023, 07:35 AM
If that voyage was free of charge, I can guarantee there would be no niggras aboard.

What the hell is the point of doing this dumbsheit?

leemajors
06-21-2023, 07:50 AM
If that voyage was free of charge, I can guarantee there would be no niggras aboard.

What the hell is the point of doing this dumbsheit?

Yeah I am good without any kind of "extreme" tourism in my life.

Adam Lambert
06-21-2023, 09:49 AM
Yeah I am good without any kind of "extreme" tourism in my life.

If I had the money to go to space I'd absolutely do that. This Titanic thing doesn't really interest me but I could see how exploring the deep sea in general would be cool.

lebomb
06-21-2023, 09:54 AM
If I had the money to go to space I'd absolutely do that. This Titanic thing doesn't really interest me but I could see how exploring the deep sea in general would be cool.

You gotta be caucasian...........no racist. Just an observation. Niggras idea of adventure is keepin the lights on and gatdayum bills paid. :claw

leemajors
06-21-2023, 10:07 AM

After years of successful launches and re-entry, sure. For now a VR type thing would suffice for me.

Adam Lambert
06-21-2023, 10:27 AM
After years of successful launches and re-entry, sure.

100%, I'm still pretty risk averse. I don't even want to skydive, honestly.

Millennial_Messiah
06-21-2023, 01:54 PM
100%, I'm still pretty risk averse. I don't even want to skydive, honestly.

There's this thing called a parachute

Would have saved lots of lives on 9/11 especially in the upper floors of the North Tower

Darth_Pelican
06-21-2023, 03:17 PM
https://media.tenor.com/0Pre-Q-uS0YAAAAd/i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this-tiger-king.gif

MultiTroll
06-21-2023, 03:48 PM
Wonder if they packed some type of pain relievers that does not inhibit breathing.
If they have to go the slow, painful way.

ChumpDumper
06-21-2023, 03:53 PM
More of a chance death was instant rather than suffocating.

leemajors
06-21-2023, 04:22 PM
More of a chance death was instant rather than suffocating.

yup, probably crushed instantly if hull compromised

lebomb
06-22-2023, 11:41 AM
yup, probably crushed instantly if hull compromised

You might be correct sir. Coast Guard will have a briefing shortly on debris field found near the Titanic. We will see...............

Joseph Kony
06-22-2023, 11:58 AM
You gotta be caucasian...........no racist. Just an observation. Niggras idea of adventure is keepin the lights on and gatdayum bills paid. :claw
tbf, black people on ships hasnt exactly worked out for them in the past, so i understand the apprehension

lebomb
06-22-2023, 12:43 PM
tbf, black people on ships hasnt exactly worked out for them in the past, so i understand the apprehension

You almost got it. But a ship isn’t exactly a sub homie. Google is your friend.

Joseph Kony
06-22-2023, 12:57 PM
You almost got it. But a ship isn’t exactly a sub homie. Google is your friend.

no shit :lol but you get the idea

Chucho
06-22-2023, 01:31 PM
Sadly, if this sub was filled with famous celebrity billionaires, the same people laughing at their deaths would be the people up in arms at those mocking the dead billionaire celebrities.

Sad that Muricans are conditioned to hate the rich for being rich, yet idolize the rich and famous because they're famous. Most Americans are complicit with the power celebrities have had, specifically usurping the Catholic church for the biggest threat to homosexual and child rape.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2023, 01:33 PM
Sadly, if this sub was filled with famous celebrity billionaires, the same people laughing at their deaths would be the people up in arms at those mocking the dead billionaire celebrities. Depends on the celebrities maybe. I'd probably still be calling them pretty stupid the way I call people who die on Everest stupid.

Chucho
06-22-2023, 02:00 PM
no shit :lol but you get the idea

He ain't black. He's a white faggot who eats ass and thinks Corvairs are sound investment vehicles despite being net losses when restored.

He PMs Fabbs ass-licking secrets.

Nice of you to entertain this penniless loser who strikes out in slow-pitch batting cages, though.

Spurs Homer
06-22-2023, 02:03 PM
All gone…

Trainwreck2100
06-22-2023, 02:31 PM
Sadly, if this sub was filled with famous celebrity billionaires, the same people laughing at their deaths would be the people up in arms at those mocking the dead billionaire celebrities.

Sad that Muricans are conditioned to hate the rich for being rich, yet idolize the rich and famous because they're famous. Most Americans are complicit with the power celebrities have had, specifically usurping the Catholic church for the biggest threat to homosexual and child rape.

There's very few true celebrity billionaires and the world would be better off without all of them. Celebrity worship is just another side of the coin as rich people worship some Americans have for some reason

SnakeBoy
06-22-2023, 03:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXgKxWlTt8A&t=12s

Chucho
06-22-2023, 05:41 PM
There's very few true celebrity billionaires and the world would be better off without all of them. Celebrity worship is just another side of the coin as rich people worship some Americans have for some reason

You're saying what I'm saying. The fuck you want, a boutonniere you fucking loser?

Chucho
06-22-2023, 05:44 PM
All gone…

Shut up. You've been trying for 5 plus fucking years to be accepted and NONE of the four or five dopes that are life-timers here care what you think.

You suck and so does your gay alt. You so desperately want someone to acknowledge how much of a worthless faggot you are, you can't even remember what alt you are. God damn you suck and Kory would totally snuff you in a fight, sissy.

Spurs Homer
06-22-2023, 06:13 PM
Shut up. You've been trying for 5 plus fucking years to be accepted and NONE of the four or five dopes that are life-timers here care what you think.

You suck and so does your gay alt. You so desperately want someone to acknowledge how much of a worthless faggot you are, you can't even remember what alt you are. God damn you suck and Kory would totally snuff you in a fight, sissy.

hahahaha!

wtf

i post -all gone- regarding the 5 crew members and you lose your shit?

hahahaha!

why dont you just announce, “hey fellas- im DMC!”

hahahahaha!

lebomb
06-22-2023, 06:52 PM
hahahaha!

wtf

hahahaha!

hahahahaha!

Don’t pay any mind to that Mexican Karen. He jacks off in the corner with his own tears 90% of the time.

Spurs Homer
06-22-2023, 07:05 PM
Don’t pay any mind to that Mexican Karen. He jacks off in the corner with his own tears 90% of the time.

lol

Spurs Homer
06-22-2023, 07:06 PM

lol

pgardn
06-22-2023, 08:54 PM
RIP

I hope they did not even realize what happened.

lebomb
06-22-2023, 09:09 PM
RIP

Happened in milliseconds they say.

lebomb
06-22-2023, 09:10 PM
RIP

Happened in milliseconds they say.

Trainwreck2100
06-22-2023, 10:46 PM
You're saying what I'm saying. The fuck you want, a boutonniere you fucking loser?

My point was fuck all those rich people on both sides

Chucho
06-22-2023, 11:31 PM

And you're a white loser who doesn't come within sniffing distance of remotely decent women.

You're stupid, as proven before. You don't get laid, but lick male ass and you don't know shit about cars.

Who hasn't made fun of you, you loser? I spill more in drinks than your most expensive bar tab, you bunk, broke piece of shit,.

Chucho
06-22-2023, 11:37 PM
hahahaha!

wtf

hahahaha!

hahahahaha!

Nothing like that. You're long overdue to be put back in your place. You suck, no one likes you and for the last X years, you've been trying too hard soliciting for acknowledgement. I'm throwing dogs bones today and kicking em while their down and reminding them they suck and they'll be here til no one pays the bills.

Seriously, no one wants to be liked more than you and your alt, Effman. You've tried REALLY, REALLY hard and no one you want to respond to you responds to you. I'm simply pointing out how sad you are and just reminding you of the reality of your failures of trying to be friends with people on this board.

Chucho
06-22-2023, 11:53 PM
My point was fuck all those rich people on both sides

We have too many celebrity billionaires. The Zook is a celeb. Elon Musk is a celeb billionaire, as is Dre, Jay Z, Diddy, Kim Kardashian is the world first billonaire prostitute and her sister who's father is a woman, is also a billionaire. Black Trump (Michael Jordan) who hates black people more than OJ hates black people, is a billionaire and wishes black people would leave him alone forever, Rhiana is a billionaire. Tyler Perry is a billionaire. Mackenzie Scott has $27 billion. Stephen Spielberg, LeBron, Warren Buffet, Oprah, Bezos, Peter Jackson, Ralph Lauren, Mark Cuban are all billionaires and household names.

Tell me again that we have very few celebrity billionaires when I listed a fuckload of celebrity billionaires for you. I named 20 names off the top of my head.

pgardn
06-23-2023, 12:07 AM
We have too many celebrity billionaires. The Zook is a celeb. Elon Musk is a celeb billionaire, as is Dre, Jay Z, Diddy, Kim Kardashian is the world first billonaire prostitute and her sister who's father is a woman, is also a billionaire. Black Trump (Michael Jordan) who hates black people more than OJ hates black people, is a billionaire and wishes black people would leave him alone forever, Rhiana is a billionaire. Tyler Perry is a billionaire. Mackenzie Scott has $27 billion. Stephen Spielberg, LeBron, Warren Buffet, Oprah, Bezos, Peter Jackson, Ralph Lauren, Mark Cuban are all billionaires and household names.

Tell me again that we have very few celebrity billionaires when I listed a fuckload of celebrity billionaires for you. I named 20 names off the top of my head.

And we idolize them.
Thats the kicker. Because they are proficient at hoarding money and or entertain us.
This I just don’t get. I hate us more for how we pick “heroes” or who we want to be like.

Chucho
06-23-2023, 01:23 AM
And we idolize them.
Thats the kicker. Because they are proficient at hoarding money and or entertain us.
This I just don’t get. I hate us more for how we pick “heroes” or who we want to be like.

There's too much sad truth to this.

Millennials and Zoomers are conditioned through the media and social platforms that the celebrity rich is the only acceptable rich while they're being taught to villainize the business rich, the people, regardless of personal feelings, are the people who make our economy run and employ the masses.

Today's youngsters are prepped for adult hood fearing to be entrepreneurs, fearing to bet on themselves and are given no real life skills in highschool, which used to be the part of the public education system responsible for ensuring the young adults they graduate are ready to function in the real world if college wasn't in their future, but sadly, we graduate under-educated, overly privileged, developmentally stunted kids who can't function in the real world and simply aren't college material.

We've gone from an America where people could be self employed or SMB owners without much more than grit and hard work and those that go on to succeed and provide jobs and local economical participation to entitled, sheltered, under-educated children fostered under the "everyone wins for existing" participation ribbons who demand more than they're worth and will eventually be replaced by robotics.

Its OK to be rich so long as your famous, it is NOT OK to be rich if you're not famous. This is what American society is legitimately telling us.

lebomb
06-23-2023, 07:30 AM
And you're a white loser who doesn't come within sniffing distance of remotely decent women.

You're stupid, as proven before. You don't get laid, but lick male ass and you don't know shit about cars.

Who hasn't made fun of you, you loser? I spill more in drinks than your most expensive bar tab, you bunk, broke piece of shit,.

Mexikaren

Tear jerker.............

Spurs Homer
06-23-2023, 07:43 AM
Nothing like that. You're long overdue to be put back in your place. You suck, no one likes you and for the last X years, you've been trying too hard soliciting for acknowledgement. I'm throwing dogs bones today and kicking em while their down and reminding them they suck and they'll be here til no one pays the bills.

Seriously, no one wants to be liked more than you and your alt, Effman. You've tried REALLY, REALLY hard and no one you want to respond to you responds to you. I'm simply pointing out how sad you are and just reminding you of the reality of your failures of trying to be friends with people on this board.

well, you kinda made me laugh for a second...

so , ok good for you!

Ef-man
06-23-2023, 11:29 AM
well, you kinda made me laugh for a second...

so , ok good for you!

Dat fat dossier he keeps and all the DM friends he has on ST! :lmao

God damn, calf-tats’ protégé tries so hard! That explains the extreme comfort he gets from food.

Millennial_Messiah
06-23-2023, 12:26 PM
He ain't black. He's a white faggot who eats ass and thinks Corvairs are sound investment vehicles despite being net losses when restored.

He PMs Fabbs ass-licking secrets.

Nice of you to entertain this penniless loser who strikes out in slow-pitch batting cages, though.

:lol I wouldn't be surprised.

Millennial_Messiah
06-23-2023, 12:28 PM

Funny thing is that Elon Musk was a billionaire without being a celeb until around a decade ago.

Ef-man
06-23-2023, 10:16 PM
135 psi not the 5,500+ psi of deep sea.

https://twitter.com/ChudsOfTikTok/status/1671980004953956360

pgardn
06-24-2023, 08:07 AM
Funny thing is that Elon Musk was a billionaire without being a celeb until around a decade ago.

Funny thing that he badly needs attention.
Kind of like you. Except that you stole food from charity food kitchens instead of getting into actual projects.

Darth_Pelican
06-26-2023, 02:20 PM
The social media videos and memes have not disappointed.

Millennial_Messiah
06-27-2023, 04:40 AM
The social media videos and memes have not disappointed.

And conspiracies

:lol the submarine was controlled by an Xbox

Chucho
06-27-2023, 07:12 PM
Dat fat dossier he keeps and all the DM friends he has on ST! :lmao

God damn, calf-tats’ protégé tries so hard! That explains the extreme comfort he gets from food.

Awww, you want your own alt to pat your head. So cute.

Ef-man
06-27-2023, 10:01 PM
Awww, you want your own alt to pat your head. So cute.

God damn you are an idiot, you said I was Reck and now I am Spurs Homer? :lmao :lmao :lmao

Your fat-fingered posts always give you away!

What a fucking legacy you are leaving! :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-28-2023, 12:15 PM
I've read that even microscopic defects in the hull of the sub could have caused it to be compromised at that depth and those pressures. Absolutely no way you could have talked me into diving in that thing only to look out a porthole at another sunken ship.

No gracias. And there were doubts about OceanGate and the integrity of that sub well before this dive that are well-documented. Must have been some good salesmanship talking billionaires into risking their lives to take that trip.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2023, 01:23 PM
Yeah I can't believe anyone would design a deepsea vessel in that shape using those materials for really no reason.

Xevious
06-28-2023, 02:48 PM
I've read that even microscopic defects in the hull of the sub could have caused it to be compromised at that depth and those pressures. Absolutely no way you could have talked me into diving in that thing only to look out a porthole at another sunken ship.

No gracias. And there were doubts about OceanGate and the integrity of that sub well before this dive that are well-documented. Must have been some good salesmanship talking billionaires into risking their lives to take that trip.
James Cameron has understandably had a lot to say about the incident.

There are proven tests that can detect microscopic faults with traditional, solid hulls. Not so with the carbon fiber hull the Titan had. And the truth is that each submersible has a life span. Repeated exposure to those pressures degrade the vessel over time. There was really no way for them to know the integrity of the hull, or whether they even cared to find out.

baseline bum
06-28-2023, 03:28 PM

Trainwreck2100
06-28-2023, 04:43 PM

There are proven tests that can detect microscopic faults with traditional, solid hulls. Not so with the carbon fiber hull the Titan had. And the truth is that each submersible has a life span. Repeated exposure to those pressures degrade the vessel over time. There was really no way for them to know the integrity of the hull, or whether they even cared to find out.

my favorite thing was "we knew they were all dead we just didn't want to say anything until it was confirmed" paraphrasing

Blake
06-28-2023, 05:35 PM

Kinda the same thing with outer space. Nothing up there that I can't see on Netflix

Xevious
06-28-2023, 09:17 PM
my favorite thing was "we knew they were all dead we just didn't want to say anything until it was confirmed" paraphrasing
Yeah I forget what he said exactly. The only possible explanation for the communications and transponder (two independent systems) going out at the same time could be catastrophic implosion. They just couldn't say anything until there was visual confirmation of the wreckage.

MultiTroll
06-28-2023, 10:14 PM

I thought the previous successful trips to the Titanic (2021 and 2022) were perhaps the worst thing that could happen to have Ocean plan this most recent one. 'See see we made it back safely twice now!"

Wow so carbon does degrade.

Bet the ones who survived the previous voyages are feeling super fortunate.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-28-2023, 10:58 PM

OMG. Too soon….too soon! I feel dirty for laughing at that.