PDA

View Full Version : Holy Fuck!!!!

ALVAREZ6
12-02-2005, 10:38 PM
For those of you who aren't watching the Knicks @ Detroit game....

Trevor Ariza, yes, Trevor Ariza, just threw down one of the nastiest dunks right in Ben Wallace's mouth.

It wasn't fancy or anything, but he brought that back and threw it through the rim with so much authority...right on Ben Wallace.

SmotPoker
12-02-2005, 10:45 PM
He also kicked wallace in the balls, but yeah, it was hella sick.

ALVAREZ6
12-02-2005, 10:50 PM
He also kicked wallace in the balls, but yeah, it was hella sick.
Did he? Maybe, but either way, that shit was crazy.

ALVAREZ6
12-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Be sure to check the highlights at NBA.com tomorrow, there's no way they won't show that shit.

spurs=bling
12-02-2005, 11:01 PM
that dunk was sweet.

JMarkJohns
12-02-2005, 11:06 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! Mighty Mouse... I mean Earl Boykins just pummeled Raja Bell!!!

OH! Wait! Nevermind, Bell flopped... :lmao

Marklar MM
12-02-2005, 11:39 PM
In other news, Lebron and Rashard Lewis may drop 50+ for my fantasy team. :)

Sense
12-03-2005, 12:23 AM
That dunk by Ariza was so similar to Duncan's over Ben Wallace a season ago.

It was nothing like it....

IMO, Duncan's was better because he was posting up and then BAM unexpected and Ben's on the ground...

Ariza use space and he had decided on it already....

It was nice, kinda like Vince Carterish...

Dasmon Mason had an awesome And1 Dunk tonight too...

JamStone
12-03-2005, 01:00 AM
Duncan's dunk on Ben was indeed on a post up, meaning he backed Ben up and Ben was on his heels, and not in position to really contest the dunk. A sick dunk nonetheless.

Ariza's dunk was over a weakside helping Ben Wallace who went up with momentum to contest and try to block the dunk. Ariza's dunk was nastier.

Both great dunks. Ben got faced on both of them. It doesn't happen that often, so when it does, gotta give props where props are due.

That was actually the nastiest dunk I've ever seen on Ben Wallace ... the Ariza one.

Obstructed_View
12-03-2005, 01:04 AM
Ben Wallace sucks.

JamStone
12-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Ben Wallace sucks.

Your private romance with Ben Wallace should be kept personal. :fro

SouthernFried
12-03-2005, 01:18 AM
ROFL :D

I'd take Ben for our entire front line...sans Timmy.

Hell, I'd take Ben for everyone on our team 'cept our starting 4.

Brutalis
12-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Tim Duncan grew the fro simply because he owned Ben I bet!

FreshPrince22
12-03-2005, 02:43 AM
'twas indeed Nasty. The Nastiest dunk I've ever seen on him (Timmy's was 2nd). He usually gets 1 good shot a season when he's not expecting it.

Atleast he's not Zo getting pummeld 3-4 times per game.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

SequSpur
12-03-2005, 02:45 AM
there have been several awesome dunks this year, but damn, that dunk probably dethroned Vince Carter's from a few weeks ago.

Vashner
12-03-2005, 03:15 AM
pics??

baseline bum
12-03-2005, 03:21 AM
That was fucking sick. Tim's dunk on Ben was nowhere near as good as this one.

Man, Channing Frye looked amazing tonight. Dude has range for a 6'11" guy.

ALVAREZ6
12-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Tim Duncan's dunk on Ben wasn't nearly as nice as Trevor Ariza's, Tim even used his elbow to keep Big Ben down, so Ben didn't even have a shot at contesting it, also, Tim didn't throw it down with that much authority.

Trevor Ariza brought that ball WAY nack and threw it into Ben's face. Ben couldn't touch that shit.

ALVAREZ6
12-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Dasmon Mason had an awesome And1 Dunk tonight too...
Yup, he slammed it on Chris Webber and fell on his back...took him a while to get up.

ducks
12-03-2005, 09:35 AM
That was fucking sick. Tim's dunk on Ben was nowhere near as good as this one.

Man, Channing Frye looked amazing tonight. Dude has range for a 6'11" guy.

spurs should have traded up for him and they would have been set :depressed

pache100
12-05-2005, 09:03 AM
ROFL :D

I'd take Ben for our entire front line...sans Timmy.

Hell, I'd take Ben for everyone on our team 'cept our starting 4.

Not much interested in winning additional championships?

I'll keep what we got...I like the LO'B trophy and the river parades.

Ginobili_20_gold_medalist
12-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Duncan's dunk on Ben was indeed on a post up, meaning he backed Ben up and Ben was on his heels, and not in position to really contest the dunk. A sick dunk nonetheless.

There was no post up on that play. Duncan faced Wallace up, gave him a pump fake, and went right around him. Wallace tried for the shot block even though he was beat and got hammered.

SlovenianGuy
12-05-2005, 09:42 AM
How do you like this one?

dunk of the night (http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/dotn/dotn_051204.asx&video=blank&video=blank)

JamStone
12-05-2005, 10:35 AM
There was no post up on that play. Duncan faced Wallace up, gave him a pump fake, and went right around him. Wallace tried for the shot block even though he was beat and got hammered.

Yeah, correction noted. But, it doesn't really change what I said in terms of the fact that Ben was on his heels and could not really jump from that position to fully contest the dunk.

As I said, Timmy's dunk was still incredible. But, Ariza's dunk was thrown down on Ben when Ben was the weakside defender, had time to gather himself, and really jump from a position to give himself the optimum chance to contest and block the dunk. Ariza raised up and dunked it anyway.

Both slam dunks were sick. But, considering those different situations, I think Ariza's dunk was more incredible.

ShoogarBear
12-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Sigh, only shows the ESPN influence when somebody thinks a dunk on a open lane is more difficult than a dunk on somebody who is guarding you straight up.

JamStone
12-05-2005, 11:08 AM
How was it a dunk on an open lane? Ben Wallace was there in the lane, jumping to contest the dunk by Ariza. Not an open lane dunk. Duncan's dunk was with Ben Wallace back-pedalling and in a position where he couldn't jump, at least not fully jump to his capabilities. I acknowledge that it still wasn't easy for Duncan and that it was a sick dunk nonetheless. But, explain how that is an ESPN highlight influenced opinion. That's an incredible opinion.

How is it easier to dunk on a guy who is flat footed and on his heels and didn't jump (Duncan on Ben) than to dunk on a guy who jumped as high as he could and tried to block it (Ariza on Ben)?

Dos
12-05-2005, 11:15 AM
the knicks still lost...

ShoogarBear
12-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Ariza initially had a lane to give him a running start. There are at least 40 guys in the NBA who, given a running start like that, can do what Ariza did (including Malik Rose, who did it to Dikembe in the 2003 Finals). Sure some times it'll get blocked, but that requires greatness on the part of the defender to stop it.

There are a handful who have the skill to do what Duncan did against an All-First team defender.

JamStone
12-05-2005, 12:43 PM
That doesn't explain how my opinion was a result of ESPN highlight influence.

And, it was stated already how Tim Duncan beat Ben Wallace on that play.

"There are a handful who have the skill to do what Duncan did against an All-First team defender."

I disagree. Once a defender gets beat and is on his heels, it's not very difficult for a any half-way athletic 7-footer to dunk on that defender. Sean Marks could have dunked on Ben if he got Ben on his heels. The impressive part of what Duncan did was his move TO THE BASKET in getting Ben on his heels. The actual dunk was not the hard or impressive part. Duncan was able to juke and dribble past Ben, and that was impressive. The actual dunk was hardly contested and Ben was back-pedalling. Since we were talking about the ACTUAL SLAM DUNKS as a comparative analysis, Ariza's dunk was more impressive because it took more athleticism to get up and over a FULLY JUMPING Ben Wallace. Tim Duncan's dunk was more impressive because he beat Ben Wallace off the dribble to put Ben in a poor position to contest it.

Once a defender is beat, and is trying to recover, back-pedalling, and unable to really jump to contest a dunk attempt, is that really more impressive than a guy outjumping Ben Wallace?

ShoogarBear
12-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Now you're playing semantics. Saying the impressive part about Duncan's was his move to the basket is like saying the impressive part about Ariza's was his getting up in the air. Sean Marks could have dunked on Ben if he got that head of steam that high in the air.

The fact is that a lot fewer people can do what Duncan did start to finish than what Ariza did start to finish.

Duncan21
12-05-2005, 01:11 PM
when in the game is it? cause i just got home and there is a replay of the game on theres like 3 mins left in the 3rd quarter.

so have i missed it?

Duncan21
12-05-2005, 01:15 PM
never mind, its a replay of boston @ ny :depressed

JamStone
12-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Call it semantics. Your argument is the same. It's a matter of opinion.

If someone thinks the sheer athleticism of Ariza to out-jump Ben Wallace and dunk on him is more impressive than the skill of Tim Duncan to beat Wallace off the dribble in a face-up move to the basket and then end it with a emphatic dunk, then that is what it is.

You're the one who is making it appear less impressive just because Ariza's dunk was based on athleticism. But, if a person is more impressed with the athleticism, then how can you argue?

ALVAREZ6
12-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Not only that, but Duncan is a 7-footer, basically.

Ariza is 6'8".

ShoogarBear
12-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Ben Wallace is 6'8", too.

It was a nice dunk, but like I said, every team in the NBA probably has two guys who could have done that.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
12-05-2005, 05:04 PM
It was just a dunk, two points, same as a layup. Hell, it wasn't even a three pointer!

(Waiting for the anti-Rasho, anti-international, pro-dunks-balla-AND1-squad attack)

Horry For 3!
12-05-2005, 05:05 PM
How do you like this one?

dunk of the night (http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/dotn/dotn_051204.asx&video=blank&video=blank)
That is not that great.

JamStone
12-05-2005, 05:10 PM

It was a nice dunk, but like I said, every team in the NBA probably has two guys who could have done that.

Ben Wallace being 6-8 would make the Tim Duncan much less impressive too then, wouldn't it, especially considering Tim is almost 7-feet?

ShoogarBear
12-05-2005, 05:16 PM
I would say that what's impressive is a guy almost 7-feet with that kind of footwork.

JamStone
12-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Sigh, only shows the ESPN influence when somebody thinks a dunk on a open lane is more difficult than a dunk on somebody who is guarding you straight up.

You never mentioned footwork or the actual drive Tim made on Ben.

You said the dunk being on someone guarding the player straight up was the impressive part ... not the footwork, not the dribble-drive, not the face-up move. The dunk. You rhapsodized over the ACTUAL DUNK.

Semantics or not, that was your point. And, that was the point of this entire discussion: the impressiveness of the SLAM DUNKS. Not the moves that led to the dunks.

You can alter and amend your argument now, but I will still contend that a flying slam dunk over a jumping Ben Wallace is more impressive than a slam dunk over a back-pedalling Ben Wallace who didn't really gather himself enough to jump fully.

ShoogarBear
12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Whatever makes you feel good.

I stand by what I originally said exactly as written.

JamStone
12-05-2005, 05:44 PM
I feel fine. That's good you standby what you said and yet still need to amend it with an addition about "footwork." Whatever makes you feel better.

ShoogarBear
12-05-2005, 06:12 PM
I amend nothing. You're the one who thinks that dunking is just jumping up in the air.

1Parker1
12-05-2005, 06:17 PM
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!

I have 2500 vbookie on Shoogarbear! :)

ALVAREZ6
12-05-2005, 06:43 PM

9.9 times out of 10, that shit doesn't fly in front of Ben Wallace's face, especially with such force.

That is why I started this thread.

JamStone
12-05-2005, 07:10 PM
ShoogarBear,

You first described Tim dunking on Ben merely as Ben guarding Tim straight up. You add later how impressive the footwork was preluding the dunk. That, sir, is an amendment to your original argument.

Even thus, if you are so enamored and impressed by the footwork rather than the actual slam dunk, by reason and logic right there, the Trevor Ariza "DUNK" was more impressive. You are impressed by the move that led to the dunk, not the dunk.

The discussion was about which slam dunk was more impressive.

Semantics shmemanatics ... yet you want to continue with your own semantical argument.