PDA

View Full Version : rockets vs spurs

playblair
06-25-2023, 11:38 PM
click the tweet to listen to the feud.........:music

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FzhGMljXgAcpwyt?format=jpg&name=900x900

SpursFan86
06-26-2023, 07:40 AM
Definitely seems like the rivalry is fully renewed after the lottery results and Victor fist-pumping at Houston getting pick 4 :lol

ClutchFans will be a treat this year after some of their losses. I know we have our share of delusional fans here but really feel like they take homerism to a new level over there. Would pay good money to see that place after a game where Victor dominates Sengun.

Degoat
06-26-2023, 07:45 AM
HOU wants to be the team in Texas so bad, HOU is nothing especially with their roster lol our rivalry will always be with the mavs

CorrectCrusader
06-26-2023, 10:19 AM
I don't know what's more delusional. Liking Houston or thinking they're the better basketball team.

ambchang
06-26-2023, 10:50 AM
I don’t think the rockets are that bad. Roster wise. They are a talented but stupid team so with some good coaching and a few vets to inject leadership they could be decent. The problem is if those young players will even listen.

Mr. Body
06-26-2023, 10:58 AM
Rockets and Thunder fans feeling anxiety right now. Rockets feel like they've got something with Cam Whitmore dropping and Amen being so hyped. Thunder fans are claiming Chet Holmgren is better than Wemby and will be dominant and will win ROY.

It's a bit of little brother syndrome.

The Spurs just need to stay their pace, not worry about anyone else at all. Acclimate Victor, build the roster. It's other teams that will have to adjust to the Spurs and what they're doing.

KobesAchilles
06-26-2023, 10:58 AM
Rockets need to get rid of KPJ. They need to get Green to stop chucking and play within the offense. It’s hard though to judge based on last year bc I watched them a lot and they had no offensive game plan. It was like watching an AAU team. If Thompson pans out as an actual PG though then that team is pretty good. Especially if Ime gets them playing defense. But they still need pieces and an actual franchise caliber guy. We are clearly better

exstatic
06-26-2023, 10:59 AM
I don’t think the rockets are that bad. Roster wise. They are a talented but stupid team so with some good coaching and a few vets to inject leadership they could be decent. The problem is if those young players will even listen.

I don't even see them as a team. They're more of a collection of players on the court.

Ariel
06-26-2023, 11:14 AM
I don't even see them as a team. They're more of a collection of players on the court.

I agree with this, they may not have a balanced roster (mainly poor bball iq) but they have lots of talent and with some leadership and smart decision making they're positioned as well as anybody else to make the next big trade for a star and trend upwards. They had a very good draft (Cam Whitmore at 20 is just ridiculous) and hired a great coach, counting them out because at the moment they have weaknesses is foolish.

Russ
06-26-2023, 11:23 AM
Thunder fans are claiming Chet Holmgren is better than Wemby and will be dominant and will win ROY.

It's the new battle of the bigs -- Russell vs. Chamberlain, both on Ozempic.

Mr. Body
06-26-2023, 11:59 AM
I may be alone in this but Houston is going to be a disaster. Those parts are just expensive junk and I'm totally unimpressed with Whitmore.

exstatic
06-26-2023, 12:02 PM
I may be alone in this but Houston is going to be a disaster. Those parts are just expensive junk and I'm totally unimpressed with Whitmore.

You're not alone. They've been training them for several years to lose, so that's what they'll do. Whitmore has medicals and statistical bust markers.

NickiRasgo
06-26-2023, 12:33 PM
Those slow-mo footage. :lol

https://youtu.be/b6dWw78rEVQ

Obstructed_View
06-26-2023, 01:20 PM
Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley. Have the Rockets changed at all in two decades?

exstatic
06-26-2023, 01:44 PM

The dude in the front flat FELL OUT when the Spurs won. :rollin

playblair
06-26-2023, 01:55 PM
tweet got deleted.......if u want to know how it was imagine a call of duty lobby in 2009........sochan & jabari joined.....

ambchang
06-26-2023, 05:31 PM
Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley. Have the Rockets changed at all in two decades?

Speaking of Stevie franchise, scoot reminds me of him for some reason.

scott
06-26-2023, 06:39 PM
What cracks me up most is Rockets fans delusions about Sengun. He’s a nice player, but Rockets fans are under the illusion he’s about to become the best big in the game. I saw some of them ranking their young prospects by upside, and Sengun consistently ranked #1 among fans. It’s delusional.

RC_Drunkford
06-26-2023, 08:25 PM
I just hope they sign Harden to a max deal, so their cap space is fucked for the next 4 years

Mr. Body
06-26-2023, 08:29 PM
I just hope they sign Harden to a max deal, so their cap space is fucked for the next 4 years

I don't think he was ever serious, just wanted his Sixers bag. Poor Houston standing around waiting for a phone call. :)

baseline bum
06-26-2023, 08:42 PM

I don't see it at all. Scoot seems like a pretty smart kid considering he graduated high school a year early and looked really happy to go to Portland while Francis was a pouting bitch when Vancouver took him even though he wasn't going to have to pay Canadian taxes.

td4mvp2k
06-26-2023, 08:48 PM
green, porter jr, whitmore, eason as your core guys :lol

baseline bum
06-26-2023, 08:49 PM

JFC people still wear that 94 championship shirt in Houston :lmao

Mr. Body
06-26-2023, 08:50 PM
green, porter jr, whitmore, eason as your core guys :lol

There's barely three brain cells among them.

ambchang
06-26-2023, 09:43 PM
I don't see it at all. Scoot seems like a pretty smart kid considering he graduated high school a year early and looked really happy to go to Portland while Francis was a pouting bitch when Vancouver took him even though he wasn't going to have to pay Canadian taxes.

True. But I’m not talking about the personality but more on the athleticism band game. I think scoot is more skilled but franchise is a bit more athletic. These are just mostly based on highlights so could be totally off.

I just don’t see scoot as that generational talent and think he’s likely be a two or three time all star. Like franchise.

Mr. Body
06-26-2023, 09:45 PM
I agree, Scoot reminds me of Francis too. Francis night have been more athletic.

Russ
06-26-2023, 10:06 PM
What cracks me up most is Rockets fans delusions about Sengun. He’s a nice player, but Rockets fans are under the illusion he’s about to become the best big in the game. I saw some of them ranking their young prospects by upside, and Sengun consistently ranked #1 among fans. It’s delusional.

I'm always amazed about the great reputation Sengun has here. He's a nice, hard-working opportunistic guy on a bad team -- empty calories is a bit harsh but . . .

Don't see that. Stevie was a supremely skilled sublime player who really didn't give a damn about much of anything, most importantly about winning.

Scoot is a physical specimen, a grinder who wants to win but doesn't have Stevie's skills by a long shot.

Scoot is Russell Westbrook, a hard-nosed tough guy who will be seen as a success but will probably never have the skills to affect the destiny of any team he's a part of.

RC_Drunkford
06-27-2023, 05:47 AM
True. But I’m not talking about the personality but more on the athleticism band game. I think scoot is more skilled but franchise is a bit more athletic. These are just mostly based on highlights so could be totally off.

I just don’t see scoot as that generational talent and think he’s likely be a two or three time all star. Like franchise.

Steve Francis had one of the highest verticals in NBA history. So yeah he was more athletic than Scoot

rjv
06-27-2023, 10:33 AM
ime has his work cut out for him. when he took the job, i'm sure part of it was based on the hope that the rockets would win the rights to wemby. but inheriting a roster with porter, green, jabari and eason is a hell of a difference between coaching d-white, tatum, brown, horford and smart.

lefty
06-27-2023, 01:28 PM
Good fuck Houston :lol

They had the Warriors in game 7 a few years ago but choked, idiots :lol

JPB
06-27-2023, 03:55 PM

Don't know if he's happy to go to Portland (these kids are mostly happy to get in the NBA) but his face clearly suggested he was really unhappy not to go #2... And there's different types of intelligence... All can say is I'm really happy he's not a spur.

tonight...you
06-27-2023, 04:30 PM
I don't think he was ever serious, just wanted his Sixers bag. Poor Houston standing around waiting for a phone call. :)
I think (emphasis think, not know) once Udoka was hired the Harden equation was thrown out.
I don't think Ime would have wanted him.
I also think Ferts wouldn't have wanted him back either. Some ugly blood there with Harden wanting out pretty much because he didn't like Fertitta
Just speculation.

baseline bum
06-27-2023, 05:24 PM

I don't think you can separate Francis' crap attitude from his game though and it made him a garbage player by like his fifth or sixth year in the league. Personally I'd be really surprised if Scoot ends up getting passed around from team to team in his physical prime like Francis was. I don't see Scoot as generational talent either but I think he'll have a pretty decent career.

baseline bum
06-27-2023, 05:37 PM
Don't know if he's happy to go to Portland (these kids are mostly happy to get in the NBA) but his face clearly suggested he was really unhappy not to go #2... And there's different types of intelligence... All can say is I'm really happy he's not a spur.

At the very least you can say Scoot showed impressive maturity in graduating high school early so he could get a year more experience playing against high level competition to elevate his game for the NBA versus spending a fourth year in high school dominating kids and banging cheerleaders as much fun as that would have been. I'm sure he was disappointed to not go #2 but he looked pretty excited about the opportunity in Portland to me.

Mr. Body
06-27-2023, 05:41 PM
At the very least you can say Scoot showed impressive maturity in graduating high school early so he could get a year more experience playing against high level competition to elevate his game for the NBA versus spending a fourth year in high school dominating kids and banging cheerleaders as much fun as that would have been. I'm sure he was disappointed to not go #2 but he looked pretty excited about the opportunity in Portland to me.

Isn't reclassifying becoming pretty common for these guys? There was something super shady with SHAEDEN share's high school suddenly finding documents that said he actually could.

baseline bum
06-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Isn't reclassifying becoming pretty common for these guys? There was something super shady with SHAEDEN share's high school suddenly finding documents that said he actually could.

If you have something backing up the idea that Scoot cheated his way to an early graduation I'd love to see it. From what I read he was a 3.5 GPA student and you can do stuff like take correspondence courses for electives and zero period courses to graduate early.

Mr. Body
06-27-2023, 05:57 PM
If you have something backing up the idea that Scoot cheated his way to an early graduation I'd love to see it. From what I read he was a 3.5 GPA student and you can do stuff like take correspondence courses for electives and zero period courses to graduate early.

Not saying anyone cheated, although maybe Sharpe's high school. I'm saying getting your superstar young basketball player graduated with nice grades ain't exactly hard to do. This is America, man.

Biggems
06-27-2023, 06:33 PM
Houston better be thankful we drafted The Flasher instead of Sengun.

Obstructed_View
06-27-2023, 06:56 PM
I don't think you can separate Francis' crap attitude from his game though and it made him a garbage player by like his fifth or sixth year in the league. Personally I'd be really surprised if Scoot ends up getting passed around from team to team in his physical prime like Francis was. I don't see Scoot as generational talent either but I think he'll have a pretty decent career.
I remember Francis and Mobley always saying they were a young team in interviews to excuse their failures. They were older then the Spurs when they were saying that.

Ocotillo
06-27-2023, 08:41 PM
Rockets are being mentioned as being interested in a lot of free agents. NBA Radio had Fisher on and he was saying Van Vleet is a target now that Harden probably is not coming.

Fireball
06-28-2023, 03:18 AM
Dillon Brooks is a target of the Rockets as well ... Udoka wants a Marcus Smart type player in his team I guess

R. DeMurre
06-28-2023, 04:10 AM
The leaving high school a year early thing is becoming more common-- Josh Primo did it too. When you're a younger than average freshman in college or the G league, the variance in scouting becomes greater and more weight is given to age as a supposed advantage. 18 months ago, Emoni Bates was being called a lottery pic. One of the reasons I have doubts about Scoot is he didn't take a large jump in terms of impact between ages 18 and 19. Traditionally, that should be a time that shows huge leaps, but Scoot's advanced stats flatlined in that period while his raw stats expanded due to greater usage rate and minutes.

NickiRasgo
06-30-2023, 06:23 PM
Apparently Jalen Green (and Josh Christopher) became trending (Trending In Basketball) a bit in Twitterr because of this...

:vomit:

Already pitching Harden to Houston. :lol

playblair
06-30-2023, 06:34 PM
Apparently Jalen Green (and Josh Christopher) became trending (Trending In Basketball) a bit in Twitterr because of this...

:vomit:

Already pitching Harden to Houston. :lol
Millennial_Messiah what do u think about this lgbtq action of nba players........

RC_Drunkford
06-30-2023, 06:50 PM
Jabari Smith getting cooked by some random guy in a 1 on 1 :lol

John B
07-02-2023, 11:01 AM
Rockets just landed ex-Spurs Patty Mills and Jock Landale in addition to FVF and Dillon Brooks. Ime will get this team playing good basketball (or I hope not).

Obstructed_View
07-02-2023, 11:22 AM
Rockets just landed ex-Spurs Patty Mills and Jock Landale in addition to FVF and Dillon Brooks. Ime will get this team playing good basketball (or I hope not).
There are a lot of overpaid chuckers on that squad. If he gets them playing decent basketball he deserves COY.

John B
07-02-2023, 11:34 AM
There are a lot of overpaid chuckers on that squad. If he gets them playing decent basketball he deserves COY.

Yup but they also have very athletic bodies in that team. Ime is a good defensive coach. That’s a very dangerous team IF Ime get that team going. IF those guys don’t kill each other first. We might see a long rivalry again with Rockets.

Obstructed_View
07-02-2023, 11:38 AM
Yup but they also have very athletic bodies in that team. Ime is a good defensive coach. That’s a very dangerous team IF Ime get that team going. IF those guys don’t kill each other first. We might see a long rivalry again with Rockets.
I think you are right that they have potential, but overpaid chuckers are not typically the kind of guys you can convince to focus on defense. The only guy who wins championships with knuckleheads is Lebron.

Biggems
07-02-2023, 11:55 AM
Houston is just throwing money around. 8 million a year for 4 years for Jock? Their GM must be drunk, high, or an escapee from the State Hospital.

exstatic
07-02-2023, 12:13 PM
Houston is just throwing money around. 8 million a year for 4 years for Jock? Their GM must be drunk, high, or an escapee from the State Hospital.

Only one year of that is guaranteed.

Dejounte
07-02-2023, 11:22 PM
Oh no. There’s a leaked video of jalen green and Josh Christopher and they are being clowned for it. The hits keep coming