PDA

View Full Version : Should Mandarin Chinese Be Required In USA K-12 Curriculum?

Millennial_Messiah
06-27-2023, 04:38 AM
With rapid yuanization and China likely to be the #1 world superpower, not the USA, by 2030.

Should it be required as a mandatory second language the same way English is throughout China in K-12 public education?

Discuss.

Winehole23
06-27-2023, 09:40 AM
don't see it happening anytime soon

baseline bum
06-27-2023, 09:59 AM
LOL getting Americans to learn a second language, especially one with tones, a logographic writing system, and no Latin roots.

Adam Lambert
06-27-2023, 10:06 AM
Can you imagine the Republican meltdown if any Democrat proposed this idea? FOX News would go into immediate 24-hour coverage.

koriwhat
06-27-2023, 10:37 AM
Fuck China and that retarded language too

SnakeBoy
06-27-2023, 11:18 AM
First we have to learn the metric system

RandomGuy
06-30-2023, 07:16 AM
With rapid yuanization and China likely to be the #1 world superpower, not the USA, by 2030.

Should it be required as a mandatory second language the same way English is throughout China in K-12 public education?

Discuss.

China reached its zenith a decade ago, and is in a collapse.

It has overstated its economy, and overstated the size of its population.

kBMSZ7v3KxQ

VQCei2sPD64

RandomGuy
06-30-2023, 07:18 AM

Discuss.

You have fallen for Chinese propaganda narratives.

Extra Stout
06-30-2023, 07:49 AM
The shit-eating, cousin-fucking crackers hate the West for outgrowing its traditional culture. They want it to get its comeuppance by collapse, or at least buy being eclipsed by some other country that remains nationalist. They wish for authoritarianism here to enforce traditional culture the way Franco did in Spain, so they lionize foreign authoritarian powers.

Thus, this lionizing of China in the face of its incipient wane. Thus, the stubborn dissatisfaction with the course of America despite resilient economic performance and declining inflation.

China does become more dangerous as it declines, though.

Extra Stout
06-30-2023, 07:57 AM
The horrible worst-case scenario for the shit-eating, cousin-fucking crackers is that America and the rest of the West persist for centuries, without radical Islam, or Russia, or China ever taking over. India will be the next great hope, but they won’t take over either.

The example I’ve heard as the great horror is Byzantium. The irony, of course, is that the Eastern Empire was possibly the most integrated Christian society that ever existed; it should be the ne plus ultra of the society they say they want. But of course what they want is power and dominance, not piety.

Spurs Homer
06-30-2023, 08:11 AM
There already exists a country where - if people are so inclined -
they can study almost any language they want to study. Voluntarily!

Parents who do NOT watch Faux channel propaganda - already know the choices that are available to their children.

Breaking news: We are not returning to 1950's amerikkka - and it is already too late for the pot to stop melting and for the white majority to become the MINORITY within the next 15-20 years...

but i hear Idaho and Utah are willing to house you in exclusive klan communities if you are so inclined -
that is - AFTER you stop throwing your little temper tantrum and still refuse to get over it.

Extra Stout
06-30-2023, 09:27 AM
I enjoy white nationalists who love to quote Alexander Pushkin for two reasons:
1) It proves they are Russian fanbois
2) Pushkin was black

Millennial_Messiah
06-30-2023, 11:16 AM
The shit-eating, cousin-fucking crackers hate the West for outgrowing its traditional culture. They want it to get its comeuppance by collapse, or at least buy being eclipsed by some other country that remains nationalist. They wish for authoritarianism here to enforce traditional culture the way Franco did in Spain, so they lionize foreign authoritarian powers.

Thus, this lionizing of China in the face of its incipient wane. Thus, the stubborn dissatisfaction with the course of America despite resilient economic performance and declining inflation.

China does become more dangerous as it declines, though.

Last month at an amusement park in Branson Missouri I saw an older guy wearing a shirt that said "TRUMP - DESANTIS 2024" and underneath it, it read "END DEMOOCRACY" with a little cameo cow mooing underneath the bottom text... I think I need to get one of those t-shirts.

ElNono
07-01-2023, 04:18 PM
Last month at an amusement park in Branson Missouri I saw an older guy wearing a shirt that said "TRUMP - DESANTIS 2024" and underneath it, it read "END DEMOOCRACY" with a little cameo cow mooing underneath the bottom text... I think I need to get one of those t-shirts.

That's your problem right there.