PDA

View Full Version : latest intel im hearing on how spurs will reach the salary floor

playblair
07-02-2023, 09:02 PM
ive been told that spurs plan on signing the standout of summer league to a roster spot contract ala johnathon simmons to fulfill the salary floor rule........the player can come from any summer league team so watch as many games as u can........

Uriel
07-02-2023, 09:18 PM
OP actually has a demonstrated history of having access to insider information, so I believe this intel is credible.

offset formation
07-02-2023, 09:18 PM
If true, what a strange offseason from this front office.

slick'81
07-02-2023, 09:22 PM
Thanks PB!

Ariel
07-02-2023, 09:26 PM
Spurs have 16 players on their roster, with 2-ways likely being assigned to Barlow, Cissoko and someone else. I'm guessing Stevens is cut leaving 15 players. Probably the Spurs will send a couple players (Birch, Stevens) in another trade facilitating move that puts them over the salary floor, I think they're 4.5M under (assuming Stevens is waived and only had 500K guaranteed) if I'm not mistaken.

ismael-robert
07-02-2023, 09:30 PM
Uriel confirmed alt of Play Blair

07-02-2023, 11:46 PM
Thunder waive Patty. Patty rebuffs the Suns' offer to win another ring. Spurs pay Patty the $4M to provide some vet presence at the PG spot.

RC_Drunkford
07-02-2023, 11:53 PM
he called Sissoko and the Tre Jones extension. Spurs are about 1.5 million away from the salary floor by the way. If they waive Stevens and Birch they got one roster spot open. Wouldn't surprise me if they do that

Mr. Body
07-02-2023, 11:58 PM
ive been told that spurs plan on signing the standout of summer league to a roster spot contract ala johnathon simmons to fulfill the salary floor rule........the player can come from any summer league team so watch as many games as u can........

Is this like a competition? Maybe make it a reality show. They can print t-shirts and a crown for the Summer League winner while confetti shoots out of a cannon.

offset formation
07-03-2023, 12:05 AM
Is this like a competition? Maybe make it a reality show. They can print t-shirts and a crown for the Summer League winner while confetti shoots out of a cannon.

Despite my overall displeasure with the free agency period to date and how the Spurs have approached it, I'm actually intrigued by this somewhat because there always seems to be someone that shines in SL that just needs that opportunity to show out. And I have a feeling that person is likely to give us as much as Birch, Barlow, Stevenson, and Cedi.

John B
07-03-2023, 12:22 AM
They’re keeping that slot for Josh Primo

cutewizard
07-03-2023, 12:46 AM
Kai Sotto pls

Hehehe

sfernald
07-03-2023, 01:26 AM
They’re keeping that slot for Josh Primo

Is he in summer league? It would be nice to see him get some exposure.

offset formation
07-03-2023, 01:38 AM

ba dum dum tsss

rjv
07-03-2023, 12:18 PM

it wouldn't shock me; he's been known to hang out where you least expect him to.

Extra Stout
07-04-2023, 02:57 PM
After Day 1 of summer league Dominick Barlow is in the lead.

Pauleta14
07-04-2023, 05:20 PM
If true, what a strange offseason from this front office.

The did exactly what they said they would which is wait and see

IMO nobody knows what Wemby's true level is, neither his real position etc

I can see the FO make adjustments during the seaon once they have a clearer picture OR if we have a shot at the PO

Pauleta14
07-04-2023, 05:22 PM
After Day 1 of summer league Dominick Barlow is in the lead.

I had to remind myself the opposition was weak but wow this dude really impressed me!

His body and mobility are something

Mr. Body
07-04-2023, 05:26 PM
IMO the wait and see approach already paid off with Tyler Herro. A very intriguing bargain opportunity, given the situation of other teams. They just decided that this wasn't the right fit, probably - but this is the thing you are looking to happen.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2023, 07:23 PM
So just to be clear, let's say the Spurs make their roster cuts and are x amount below the floor before the end of the moratorium. The Spurs can divide that among the guys they are signing, right?

Spurs9
07-04-2023, 07:30 PM
Probably the smartest move since most teams blew the salary on bad contracts.

SequSpur
07-04-2023, 08:54 PM
you guys are weird... still chasing bs theories I see. The Spurs suck. The whole organization and team does. They may get out to 5-5 but they will be 20-62 before the year and empty stands will become the norm... Wemby will want to be traded... his Nike contract will be Taco Cabanaish... HEB will have him doing some shitty queso dip commercials, whatever...

Vince Carter's ankle
07-05-2023, 01:55 AM
you guys are weird... still chasing bs theories I see. The Spurs suck. The whole organization and team does. They may get out to 5-5 but they will be 20-62 before the year and empty stands will become the norm... Wemby will want to be traded... his Nike contract will be Taco Cabanaish... HEB will have him doing some shitty queso dip commercials, whatever...
https://cdn-0.emojis.wiki/emoji-pics/apple/clown-face-apple.png

J_Paco
07-05-2023, 01:18 PM
Like Extra Stout mentioned, if Dom Barlow keeps showing out then the last roster spot is his. I'd much rather have a mobile, athletic big on a cheap deal while using the last 2-Way contract on another PG prospect.

Spurs need to go into the season with better PG depth than last year. Can't have only one true PG for the second straight season.