PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Starting 5

aissagholi7981
07-04-2023, 04:21 PM
We've discussed this before, but after 1 SL game I thought it would be fun (bored with no sports on today) so lets predict it-

Sochan/Tre
Vassell/Branham
Johnson/Doug/Champagnie
Wemby/Barlow
Collings/Bassey

We're making the playoffs next year.
:king

k830713
07-04-2023, 04:25 PM
Branham/Tre
Vassell/Doug
Johnson/Champagnie
Wemby/Sochan
Collins/Bassey/Barlow

slick'81
07-04-2023, 04:33 PM
C-Zollins
f-wemby
f-kj
g-vassell
G-sochan

mudyez
07-04-2023, 04:35 PM
Tre/Branham/Graham
Vassell/Doug
Sochan/Champagnie
Wemby/Johnson
Collins/Barlow/Bassey

spurraider21
07-04-2023, 04:38 PM
Why are you listing backups in your starting 5 :lol

my guess is

Tre
Vassell
Keldon
Wemby
Zollins

but could be matchup dependent with an alternative lineup as

Tre
Vassell
Keldon
Sochan
Wemby

kobyz
07-04-2023, 04:39 PM
Sochan
Vassell
Champagnie
Wemby
Barlow

aissagholi7981
07-04-2023, 05:47 PM
Why are you listing backups in your starting 5 :lol

my guess is

Tre
Vassell
Keldon
Wemby
Zollins

but could be matchup dependent with an alternative lineup as

Tre
Vassell
Keldon
Sochan
Wemby

extremely boring sports day!

CGD
07-04-2023, 06:01 PM
Should be Tre, Devon, Keldon, Sohan, Wemby with Keldon going to bench in favor of Zach if there is a situations that merits it.

rankingtear
07-04-2023, 10:30 PM
Sochan/Tre/Graham/Wes
Vassell/Branham
Keldon/Dougie/Julian
Wemby/Cedi
Zollins/Bassey/Mamu/Barlow

TrueSpursFan
07-04-2023, 10:53 PM
How can anyone think Sochan will not start.
the 4 that are locked in to start are Sochan, Wemby, vassell and collins.

Dex
07-04-2023, 11:37 PM

Yep, and given the contract given to Tre and Pop's general reliance on having some sort of floor general out there, Jones is inevitably going to be the 5th unless there is some crazy mixup at PG.

Which is fine. The Spurs are still super young and Wemby is going to be on the learning curve. They need some sort of organization out there.

I think Sochan WILL get some chances to run point and not sure if Jones will be the closer, but my gut tells me is definitely going to be the starter to begin the season.

BackHome
07-04-2023, 11:48 PM
Not really concerned with who starts I know for sure Pop is going to be a mad scientist and will see a variety of different starters and closer line ups. He is going to see who fits in with what player or group one thing I like is that a lot of our players can play at different positions.

I see Wemby at the 4 or 5 spot when teams go small
I see Sochan can play the 1,3,4, and 5
I see Julian can play at the 2 or 3 spot
I see Branham play 1 thru 3 spots
I see Barlow can play the 4 or the 5

Fireball
07-05-2023, 01:01 AM
Wemby, Sochan and Vassell have to start ... anything else I do not care about tbh. You are crazy if you think Sochan is not starting this season

cutewizard
07-05-2023, 02:30 AM
Even our projected second team is strong

cutewizard
07-05-2023, 02:32 AM
Not really concerned with who starts I know for sure Pop is going to be a mad scientist and will see a variety of different starters and closer line ups. He is going to see who fits in with what player or group one thing I like is that a lot of our players can play at different positions.

I see Wemby at the 4 or 5 spot when teams go small
I see Sochan can play the 1,3,4, and 5
I see Julian can play at the 2 or 3 spot
I see Branham play 1 thru 3 spots
I see Barlow can play the 4 or the 5

We got versatility I love it

First time to be excited in years

spurraider21
07-05-2023, 12:19 PM
because everyone's understanding is that the spurs dont want wemby to be playing C immediately, meaning he will start alongside collins. probably cant get away with sochan's shooting at the 3

its not because i dont love sochan. its just a numbers game. unless we've all been duped and the starting bigs will be Wemby/Sochan

TrueSpursFan
07-05-2023, 02:02 PM
because everyone's understanding is that the spurs dont want wemby to be playing C immediately, meaning he will start alongside collins. probably cant get away with sochan's shooting at the 3

its not because i dont love sochan. its just a numbers game. unless we've all been duped and the starting bigs will be Wemby/Sochan

Im going off what pop said about collins being the starting center for the spurs moving forward and I believe what he said. No way pop says something like that and doesn’t truly believe to be the case whether we got Wemby or not. The way the nba is going toward, postionless basket, we can’t be looking at Sochan at the 3 automatically. The only position I think is non fluid is the center position and that’s Collins. You can argue Sochan at the 4 and Wemby at the 3 or Wemby at the 4 and Sochan at the 1. It’s going to be fluid out there and just have the 5 best players on the court to close the game when it counts.

kobyz
07-07-2023, 11:49 AM
We should try up the trade value of Osman and Bullock:

Jones
Bullock
Osman
Wemby
Zollins

sfernald
07-07-2023, 12:23 PM
I think after all the dust from future trades settles the starting lineup will be:

Damian Lillard
Branham
Paul George
Wemby
Jarrett Allen

Millennial_Messiah
07-07-2023, 04:11 PM
Bring Wemby off the bench in the Manu role and let him be 6th man of the year.

Millennial_Messiah
07-07-2023, 04:13 PM
I think after all the dust from future trades settles the starting lineup will be:

Damian Lillard
Branham
Paul George
Wemby
Jarrett Allen

PG - George Hill
SG - DeMar DeRozan
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - Paul George
C - Jakob Poeltl

6th Man - Wembanyama

So we can forever forget lamenting the day that we traded away Paul George. O God, O Why did we ever trade away Paul George? :(

Millennial_Messiah
07-07-2023, 04:22 PM
Sochan, Tre Jones, Branham, and a couple picks should land us Paul George and Kawhi from the Clippers. We have the cap space to do it. Clippers are looking to rebuild.

As for George Hill... he's a free agent and wouldn't be expensive at age 37.

Poeltl wouldn't come free, but we could perhaps throw a pick and young prospect and get him back.

Maddog
07-07-2023, 05:43 PM
Tre Jones
Devin Vassel
Champagnie
Wemby
Zollins

Darkwaters
07-07-2023, 05:49 PM
Sochan, Tre Jones, Branham, and a couple picks should land us Paul George and Kawhi from the Clippers. We have the cap space to do it. Clippers are looking to rebuild.

As for George Hill... he's a free agent and wouldn't be expensive at age 37.

Poeltl wouldn't come free, but we could perhaps throw a pick and young prospect and get him back.

I don't believe they can trade Poeltl until January next year. So the opening day dream can't come true.

Unless we're talking opening day 2024.

clambake
07-07-2023, 06:33 PM
How much will the price of a ticket increase compared to last year?

Obstructed_View
07-07-2023, 06:45 PM
You could see Luka's home debut for 12 dollars. I doubt Wemby's will be that cheap.

clambake
07-07-2023, 07:20 PM
Really good answer

Big Empty
07-19-2023, 07:45 AM
Jones
Vassell
Johnson
Wemby
Collins

biggest question is what players get cut?

exstatic
07-19-2023, 12:16 PM

A buddy of mine and I went in on a half season package, 20 games/10 each, lower bowl $125 per seat (2 seats) per game. Preseason upstairs center court close to the rail were going for $125. I texted him and asked him how he felt about our little investment. :rollin

CorrectCrusader
07-19-2023, 12:44 PM
It's gonna be

Tre
Vassell
Johnson
Sochan
Wemby

JPB
07-19-2023, 02:37 PM
It's gonna be

Tre
Vassell
Johnson
Sochan
Wemby

Yup, barring injuries.

wildbill2u
07-21-2023, 04:48 PM
Pop will be conservative and start the players who have been starting/playing with the Spurs for the longest time (already acclimated to the Spurs system) plus Wemby. That gives us Devin, Tre, Collins, Keldon and Wemby. Several players will be substituted in for substantial minutes according to how the starters are playing and the normal resting minutes that are reserved for bench rotation players. We have more rotational players that will get substantial minutes than most teams. In no particular order expect to see Sochan, Malakai, Barlow, Champagnie and Payne. The next tier off the bench would be Mamu, Graham, Bassey, McBuckets and one of the new guys who stays.

wildbill2u
07-23-2023, 08:45 PM
A buddy of mine and I went in on a half season package, 20 games/10 each, lower bowl $125 per seat (2 seats) per game. Preseason upstairs center court close to the rail were going for $125. I texted him and asked him how he felt about our little investment. :rollin

When the Spurs came to San Antonio for their tryout back in the day, I got a friend to go with me to one of the first games. He didn't like basketball and I had to pay his way and promise to buy all the beer. We had such a great time, we bought season tickets at half-time for $5. per seat. I bought three so I could take my kids. He bought two for him and his wife. Our seats were floor level eight rows up from the Spurs bench. After the game we went to the Spurs corral, which was free at the time, to get drunk and celebrate our investment in San Antonio's sports future. We stayed in those seats until the 90s. They went up in price but were still the best entertainment value in San Antonio.

itzsoweezee
07-25-2023, 03:46 PM
Tre
Vassell
Sochan
Wemby
Collins

I have a feeling pop will start Johnson over Sochan, but I hope he doesn’t.

spurraider21
07-25-2023, 05:11 PM
if wemby is playing at the 4 and isnt a volume outside shooter, he's not exactly a plus for the team's spacing. he's not like KP or Chet at this point. if anything, we saw that when he's facing up, he requires a lot of space to operate. if you want to clear out his area of the court, where the hell do sochan/tre position themselves? sochan being adept with lobs may be the saving grace here. have him in the dunker spot and zollins out deep.

still think its more likely sochan comes off the bench