PDA

View Full Version : How Many Are Jumping Off the Bandwagon After the Debut?

Fizziksman
07-08-2023, 12:51 AM
TSIA

DAF86
07-08-2023, 12:53 AM
Im jumping off the PATFO bandwagon, Wemby gonna be a Hall of Famer.

ducks
07-08-2023, 01:05 AM
Spears already fall off

kht
07-08-2023, 02:39 AM
He's running like 45 year old Sabonis in NBA on NBC 2000 on GameBoy. He's like a skinny Zach Eden out there.

cutewizard
07-08-2023, 02:54 AM
Nibiru bandwagon

pole shift

cd98
07-08-2023, 10:07 AM
I think the Bandwagon to get off of is that the Spurs win a lot of games and make the playoffs. The realistic scenario is that Wemby will be up and down and so will the Spurs and they’ll finish with a record that gets them a late lottery pick. The west is stacked. Spurs have nice pieces but putting the puzzle together will take 2 more years.

LongtimeSpursFan
07-08-2023, 10:10 AM
Spurs are making the playoffs this season.

Mr. Peabody
07-08-2023, 10:18 AM
I’m even more on the bandwagon. He was more fluid than I thought.

slick'81
07-08-2023, 10:19 AM
He's fckn great

KobesAchilles
07-08-2023, 10:20 AM
Just get him a better freaking point guard than what’s currently on our roster.

MultiTroll
07-08-2023, 10:22 AM
Loved what i saw.

Wemby is doing ish nobody has.

So much talent. Needs to have some good players on the team.

Concerned about refs letting butthurt opponent cheap shot Wemby.

jeebus
07-08-2023, 10:34 AM

Time to take Blake Wesley out back and put him out of his misery. That pile of dog shit is trying to show upper management he's got what it takes but is just showcasing why he doesn't belong. For this next game, have someone else run the point. Anyone.

I have a feeling this coming season, it'll be like Gary Neal running the offense all over again. This time with no Tony to carry the load.

Tyronn Lue
07-08-2023, 10:50 AM
I don't get any of this. Did no one ever see him play before the NBA debut? He'll be fine.

RC_Drunkford
07-08-2023, 11:03 AM
the west is trash. Spurs will be at least in the play-in

baseline bum
07-08-2023, 11:13 AM
I think that stupid cunt Spears really fucked him up mentally going into this game. Watched probably 15 of his games and never saw him look anything like this. Dude's gotta toughen up, as the press loves tearing you down right after they build you up.

Bruno
07-08-2023, 11:28 AM
There are some prospect that are drafted high based of their profile and hide themselves up until the draft to ride their hype. For these kind of players, it could be a little worrisome.

Wembanyama has played 62 games with 32mpg this season. Most/all of theses games were played at a good level. One bad summer league game is far from being enough to start doubting about him.

BatManu20
07-08-2023, 11:35 AM
I think that stupid cunt Spears really fucked him up mentally going into this game. Watched probably 15 of his games and never saw him look anything like this. Dude's gotta toughen up, as the press loves tearing you down right after they build you up.

Agreed. I know Wemby spends a good amount of time on his socials. The fact that his IG pics were just completely spammed with thousands of hateful comments the past two days from Britney stans + the statement she released probably got to him a bit tbh. On top of everything else. Pretty stupid and unfortunate, especially considering he literally did nothing wrong. Celebrity worship is fucking retarded.

BatManu20
07-08-2023, 11:39 AM
I don't get any of this. Did no one ever see him play before the NBA debut? He'll be fine.

It’s the social media era brah. This is what we do. We overreact to anything and everything.

djohn2oo8
07-08-2023, 11:43 AM
Also has to put on a little weight but not too much as not sure his frame can handle a lot of mass.

MVPCues
07-08-2023, 11:55 AM
It wasn't a particularly good debut, but there is no need to change the long-term expectations. It's summer league. The play is disorganized. He shot poorly, but that happens. That will be better his next game.

He will be great, but some are expecting too much for the first year IMO. The obvious gravity when he was on the floor will pay huge dividends when the games are for real.

All that being said, the poster who claimed he will have multiple quadruple doubles every year is out of his mind.

rascal
07-08-2023, 11:56 AM

He has to be stronger than that mentally.

daslicer
07-08-2023, 12:00 PM
I'm still here and have been here the last several years since the Spurs have missed the playoffs 5 straight times. Wemby showed he is already a defensive force, but it might take some time for his offense to come around. I'm very patient and have always been with young guys. He's going to have moments where he excites us with big games and have moments like last night where he looks like a work in progress throughout the upcoming season.

daslicer
07-08-2023, 12:02 PM

Agreed I could see it through his facial expressions how frustrated he was throughout the game. The good thing about this is he can see now how much pressure he would face playing in a big market where in a small market his growing pains won't be scrutinized as much.

paperboy77
07-08-2023, 01:24 PM
This is how the world works these days but who really cares? When they do a re-draft in 10 years dudes still gonna be #1.

paperboy77
07-08-2023, 01:29 PM

Damn dude that's pretty aggressive against the Brit. I think it can be chalked up to it being his first game and a shitty coaching job. He'll still be a stud.

BatManu20
07-08-2023, 01:36 PM
Nah. Wemby does need to respond tomorrow and play better though. Show some mental toughness and come out and being aggressive. Play hard and strong in his movements. No soft frenchie shit. Tell the haters to shove it up their ass mentality.

tlongII
07-08-2023, 01:53 PM
Shoulda picked Scoot. :smokin

scott
07-08-2023, 01:59 PM
I’m doubling down on the bandwagon so I can say I was there back when everyone was doubting him (you remember, that one game?)

exstatic
07-08-2023, 02:04 PM

Kawhi is Dame forcing his way out?

TrainOfThought5
07-08-2023, 02:11 PM
I think the Bandwagon to get off of is that the Spurs win a lot of games and make the playoffs. The realistic scenario is that Wemby will be up and down and so will the Spurs and they’ll finish with a record that gets them a late lottery pick. The west is stacked. Spurs have nice pieces but putting the puzzle together will take 2 more years.

I think Wemby is going to be better defensively, and effect the teams defense more than you realize.

Ariel
07-08-2023, 02:13 PM
Time to take Blake Wesley out back and put him out of his misery. That pile of dog shit is trying to show upper management he's got what it takes but is just showcasing why he doesn't belong. For this next game, have someone else run the point. Anyone.

I have a feeling this coming season, it'll be like Gary Neal running the offense all over again. This time with no Tony to carry the load.
There's some truth to that, but it's too harsh. Personally I still think Blake Wesley can grow into a useful player down the road, but he's far, far away from being there, and giving him the keys will only add fuel to the fire to make sure he burns out quicker. One thing is summer league, but once this is over with and the regular season begins, he's not ready to play significant minutes on an NBA team, not at the expense of the development of every youngster on the team (himself included). He needs to work on his game on the G.League A LOT, and we need a veteran point guard who can run an offense and shoot, and set up Wemby and everyone else. I was pretty interested in adding Monte Morris from Washington a few weeks ago because he fits exactly that same mold and could be had for peanuts (went for a 2nd rounder and makes under 10M), but there's some other guys out there who can help, and we need one ASAP. That plus some perimeter shooting will do wonders in helping Wemby get to the rim more and easier instead of having 3/4 guys collapse on him.

It was always unrealistic to expect Wemby to come out blazing turn the team into an instant contender by himself, and this was only a small preview of some of the challenges he'll have to face. He's still an incredible prospect who can dominate IN TIME, but right now there's a lot of things he needs to work on, like knowing his teammates, finding his role in the offense, learning his limitations (can't dribble through 2/3 guys on his way to the rim at 7'5"), work on his shooting (they were giving him open looks from 3 all the time), etc. But he's incredibly smart and skilled and with some time he'll get there I have no doubt. In fact, I think him going through early struggles might not be the worst thing long term, I think one of the more serious risks were the FO getting carried away from early success and trying to rush their way into contention falling into a vicious downward spiral like Dallas went through in the past few years, but having a somewhat disappointing season that takes off some of the expectations and lets him work while taking some of the spotlight off of him isn't such a bad thing.

baseline bum
07-08-2023, 03:39 PM

LOL still has Lillard under his name

baseline bum
07-08-2023, 03:41 PM
Damn dude that's pretty aggressive against the Brit.

Fuck that lying piece of shit

TD 21
07-08-2023, 03:55 PM
Not at all, but many are probably going to have to recalibrate at some point. I see the most likely outcome as this generation's version of Davis, with a slightly higher ceiling.

That'll probably sound like a disappointment to many, but it'd mean he'll end up one of the better players of all time presuming reasonable health/longevity.

Biggems
07-08-2023, 04:02 PM
the real roster won't be standing around watching him do his thing. they will be running various sets with lots of movement.

i would not be surprised to see Wemby and Chet competing for the shot block title as rookies.

Wemby will be fine.

Biggems
07-08-2023, 04:04 PM

maybe lock him in a gym with TP for a few month. Have Tony teach him how to finish in the paint with either hand and how to effectively use the tear drop

heyheymymy
07-08-2023, 04:06 PM
lol at Wemby cliff jumpers

Biggems
07-08-2023, 04:07 PM

you did pick Scoot.....fucking blazers fans are so high they can't even remember who they drafted......btw, is Scoot's injury serious? I read Thompson is probably out for the rest of Summer League for the Rockets.

Biggems
07-08-2023, 04:12 PM
The Spurs are 3-0 in the SL.

After the game Wemby's first comments were about being pleased with the win. This is what we need. We need players who are more concerned with the W than the personal performance. His mentality and demeanor is a perfect fit for our organization.

Also, I am ok if he struggles a bit in Vegas. It gives him extra motivation and film to work on some of the lesser parts of his game and get ready for the start of training camp.

lefty20
07-08-2023, 04:13 PM
maybe lock him in a gym with TP for a few month. Have Tony teach him how to finish in the paint with either hand and how to effectively use the tear drop

TP was also a master at using his body to protect his shots from getting blocked. Dude had insane control mid air and used angles of the glass really well. Idk if this is something you can really teach.

Biggems
07-08-2023, 06:39 PM
TP was also a master at using his body to protect his shots from getting blocked. Dude had insane control mid air and used angles of the glass really well. Idk if this is something you can really teach.

maybe not, but you can at least try

hoopdreams11
07-08-2023, 06:50 PM
Do people forget Bryan "big country" Reaves throwing the hall of famer Tim Duncans shot all game? During summer league. How much work he puts in, is what matters.

Davidicus
07-08-2023, 06:52 PM
Trade him for 300 2nd round picks

Budkin
07-08-2023, 07:19 PM
Shawn Bradley was trending on Twitter.

Extra Stout
07-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Spurs: We like what we have.

Fans: They need to make lots of changes!

Spurs: Let’s be patient and find out what works.

Fans: They’re going to contend right away!

Spurs: We can’t skip any steps.

Fans: They need to trade for an aging superstar right now!

Spurs: It’s going to take Victor some time to adjust.

Fans: He’s going to win MVP as a rookie!

Spurs: We’re going to let Victor be Victor.

Fans: He’s a bust! Shoulda drafted Scoot! We’re doomed! They’re moving to Austin/Seattle/Vegas!

I understand why Pop is the way he is.

tonight...you
07-08-2023, 07:52 PM
Spurs: We like what we have.

Fans: They need to make lots of changes!

Spurs: Let’s be patient and find out what works.

Fans: They’re going to contend right away!

Spurs: We can’t skip any steps.

Fans: They need to trade for an aging superstar right now!

Spurs: It’s going to take Victor some time to adjust.

Fans: He’s going to win MVP as a rookie!

Spurs: We’re going to let Victor be Victor.

Fans: He’s a bust! Shoulda drafted Scoot! We’re doomed! They’re moving to Austin/Seattle/Vegas!

I understand why Pop is the way he is.
Nailed it to the wall.
Eff so many fans who can't cope without instant microwave success.
Weak individuals.

cutewizard
07-08-2023, 07:56 PM
In fact my ALL TIME STARTING FIVE has been modified

CHAMBERLAIN AT CENTER
BIRD AND WEMBY AT FORWARDS
JORDAN AND CURRY (yes its Curry) at GUARDS

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''

lets go Humans, beat the fucking Anunnaki of Nibiru in this 11th and deciding game of the Solar System Championshipssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs Homer
07-08-2023, 07:57 PM
Gonna be a fun season and the Spurs will surprise a few people -
Wemby looks as good as advertised - defensively even better...

now = get rid of wesley and trade for a decent point guard and have tre remain a backup and it will be a great season

cutewizard
07-08-2023, 07:58 PM
the second team is interesting

SABONIS THE ELDER AT CENTER
DURANT AND BILL RUSSELL AT FORWARDS
MAGIC AND OSCAR SCHMIDT AT GUARDS

timtonymanu
07-08-2023, 08:37 PM
Nah. Wemby does need to respond tomorrow and play better though. Show some mental toughness and come out and being aggressive. Play hard and strong in his movements. No soft frenchie shit. Tell the haters to shove it up their ass mentality.

Tbh you’re caring more about what those losers on social media think than victor does. He doesn’t have to prove shit to anyone.

timtonymanu
07-08-2023, 08:45 PM
Getting triggered by just as unstable Britney Spears fans and/or the idiot casual nba fans “Kobe is in my top 5 because he died in that helicopter :cry :lol. Victor does need to prove himself but save it for the naysayers that matter like Draymond.

Ariel
07-08-2023, 09:30 PM
Getting triggered by just as unstable Britney Spears fans and/or the idiot casual nba fans “Kobe is in my top 5 because he died in that helicopter :cry :lol. Victor does need to prove himself but save it for the naysayers that matter like Draymond.
Draymond actually seemed spot on, he said he was going to be a star but it was going to take some time especially on offense, and that it was as an elite rim protector he could hang his hat on if everything else failed.

sfernald
07-08-2023, 09:35 PM

Did you guys see Cason Wallace hit 5 three point shots in a row in his first summer league game? We should have nabbed him! Two steals too.

exstatic
07-08-2023, 09:41 PM
Do people forget Bryan "big country" Reaves throwing the hall of famer Tim Duncans shot all game? During summer league. How much work he puts in, is what matters.

Wrong big white stiff. It was Ostertag.

Spursfanfromafar
07-08-2023, 09:46 PM
Wemby will be fine. He will be good in the first year, very good in the second and great in the next - he will grow the Spurs way. Just leave him be.

Spursfanfromafar
07-08-2023, 09:48 PM
Draymond actually seemed spot on, he said he was going to be a star but it was going to take some time especially on offense, and that it was as an elite rim protector he could hang his hat on if everything else failed.

Draymond said it right - 1) Some of the things Wemby does - handling the ball and dribbling against the defence - he wont get that easily done against NBA players - check, 2) he will be great on defense from day 1 - check, 3) he got the best environment that will mould him into a professional - work in progress.

tonight...you
07-08-2023, 10:09 PM
Did you guys see Cason Wallace hit 5 three point shots in a row in his first summer league game? We should have nabbed him! Two steals too.
He's the next Steph.
Fo sho.
Summer League is never wrong.

james evans
07-08-2023, 11:38 PM
it's a meaningless summer league game. I'm not concerned

spursparker9
07-08-2023, 11:59 PM
Tbh, if Houston or Detroit landed Victor, the jumping off Bandwagon will be x100 effect

07-09-2023, 12:06 AM
Wemby will have a mediocre first year. Not too worried about that. He'll need 2-3 seasons to adapt to the NBA offensively. Floor is Rudy Gobert with a spot up jumper, so that's nothing to scoff at. I see this as a positive as it will likely give the Spurs another lottery pick next year.

BackHome
07-09-2023, 12:24 AM
Yeah people thinking a 19 year old was going to come in the NBA league and dominate are just crazy. The only person who I can remember did that was Lebron straight out of High School pretty crazy. He is going to have a lot of ups and downs and he is will be out missing games for bruises and strains his body just has so much work that needs to be done to be able to handle a full season in the NBA and every rookie hits that rookie wall.

But his floor is extremely High he just changes everything on defense if we pair him with the right players our defense is going to be a nightmare for other teams. But like I said his offense is going to take time at least a year for him to get comfortable with new team and the NBA.

Really hoping that we get a high draft pick from Toronto and get a first from Charlotte and depending on our record another nice pick. With those 3 picks I definitely think we can get our starting PG for our future and possibly another quality starter at what other position we might need

itzsoweezee
07-09-2023, 12:29 AM
Wemby is going to be fine. Summer league is glorified streetball. Center aren’t going to excel in situations like that. I think we’ll have a much better idea of what Victor’s rookie season will look like after the first preseason game

Ice009
07-09-2023, 07:32 AM
Also has to put on a little weight but not too much as not sure his frame can handle a lot of mass.

I don't know much about putting on weight/muscle mass and how it affects the body, but how do you determine if someone's frame can handle it or not? For example, why can someone like Jokic have that amount of weight and move around so nimbly and not seem to be affected by it? And then someone like Victor, they say he can't put on too much weight as it would negatively affect him? Not sure what the experts around here have to say on this subject?

Also, I don't remember as I never watched the Bucks years ago, but wasn't Giannis pretty skinny when he first came into the league? He seems to have handled gaining weight and muscle pretty good from the looks of it.

cutewizard
07-09-2023, 08:07 AM
Hope he can really develop rhe three point shot

exstatic
07-09-2023, 08:20 AM
Yeah people thinking a 19 year old was going to come in the NBA league and dominate are just crazy. The only person who I can remember did that was Lebron straight out of High School pretty crazy. He is going to have a lot of ups and downs and he is will be out missing games for bruises and strains his body just has so much work that needs to be done to be able to handle a full season in the NBA and every rookie hits that rookie wall.

But his floor is extremely High he just changes everything on defense if we pair him with the right players our defense is going to be a nightmare for other teams. But like I said his offense is going to take time at least a year for him to get comfortable with new team and the NBA.

Really hoping that we get a high draft pick from Toronto and get a first from Charlotte and depending on our record another nice pick. With those 3 picks I definitely think we can get our starting PG for our future and possibly another quality starter at what other position we might need

LeBron didn’t even make the playoffs until his 3rd season.

Oh, and I absolutely do not want 3 FRPs in next years draft. They have to consolidate, or kick at least one down the road to a later draft.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-09-2023, 08:29 AM
In fact my ALL TIME STARTING FIVE has been modified

CHAMBERLAIN AT CENTER
BIRD AND WEMBY AT FORWARDS
JORDAN AND CURRY (yes its Curry) at GUARDS

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''

lets go Humans, beat the fucking Anunnaki of Nibiru in this 11th and deciding game of the Solar System Championshipssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

the second team is interesting

SABONIS THE ELDER AT CENTER
DURANT AND BILL RUSSELL AT FORWARDS
MAGIC AND OSCAR SCHMIDT AT GUARDS

no duncan? wtf?

D-Robinson 50 fan
07-09-2023, 09:36 AM
Victor will be fine. You can tell that a decent amount of folks who are talking trash never really watched him play outside of high light videos.

tlongII
07-09-2023, 01:05 PM
you did pick Scoot.....fucking blazers fans are so high they can't even remember who they drafted......btw, is Scoot's injury serious? I read Thompson is probably out for the rest of Summer League for the Rockets.

Scoot’s fine. Won’t play against Wemby, but probably play next game. I’m going Thursday and I’ll see him vs Charlotte.

tonight...you
07-09-2023, 01:12 PM
Did I miss something? What's going on with Nibiru?

Raven
07-09-2023, 01:46 PM
nope

John B
07-09-2023, 01:56 PM
Good. Bandwagons cluttering the server and getting hard to post at game day. Let the true fans stay.