PDA

View Full Version : So how bad do we think the Atlanta Hawks…

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2023, 10:27 PM
…are going to be in the 2024-25 through 2026-27 seasons?

Asking for a friend.

200 miles
07-08-2023, 10:39 PM
One SL game for Vic and you are already panicking and looking at Plan B. Tsk. Tsk.

Mugen
07-08-2023, 10:40 PM
Those unprotected picks won't be in the lottery. Low 20s IMO.

tonight...you
07-08-2023, 10:42 PM

Asking for a friend.
Tell your friend to man up and ask themself.

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2023, 10:44 PM
One SL game for Vic and you are already panicking and looking at Plan B. Tsk. Tsk.

Nope. If any of those are in lottery range the future looks even brighter.

MultiTroll
07-08-2023, 10:52 PM
With DJ extended and Trae Young being very good about 1 of every 3 games,
I concur with with Mugen and Marcus.
The picks will be middle road.

timvp
07-08-2023, 11:25 PM
I'm not convinced Dejounte and Trae work together long-term. They had nearly perfect health last season and could only manage .500 ball. One more meh season and they probably pick one to retool around. None of their other players has blossomed.

Unless something changes, those 2025 to 2027 first rounders are looking pretty good. Their path away from being a ~.500 team isn't clear, tbh.

scott
07-09-2023, 12:59 AM
Still a strong chance one of Trae or DJM isn't on that team at some point in our pick range (2025-27). DJM's new deal only increases his trade value (once he is trade eligible) if things don't work out in ATL.

On the latest episode of The Lowe Post, Lowe and Tim Bontemps spent a good amount of time debating this and actually settled on a bet. Lowe thinks ATL will be Top 6 this season, Bontemps thinks they'll still be a play-in team worse (the bet actually ended up being Top 5, but Lowe negotiated against himself on that part of the terms).

slick'81
07-09-2023, 01:21 AM
Pretty much where they are now

John B
07-09-2023, 05:18 AM
Oklahoma just traded Patty Mills to Atlanta for TyTy Washington, Usman Garuda, Rudy Gay and a second-round pick, according to Woj, saving 4.5 million in salary in the process.

mo7888
07-09-2023, 07:02 AM
Oklahoma just traded Patty Mills to Atlanta for TyTy Washington, Usman Garuda, Rudy Gay and a second-round pick, according to Woj, saving 4.5 million in salary in the process.

I wonder if TyTy is worth picking up if Oklahoma waives him? I haven't him much at all this past season.

mo7888
07-09-2023, 07:05 AM

Asking for a friend.

They were .500 this past season and a team or two below them has gotten better. It's hard to see them being better than that .500 mark. If i had to bet over/under compared to last season you'd have to take the under.

Biggems
07-09-2023, 07:13 AM
Probably 35-38 wins at most for the Hawks. I actually have them fighting for the top pick next year like we did this year.

RC_Drunkford
07-09-2023, 07:24 AM
play-in team tbh. But one severe injury to one of their main players and they'll be at the bottom of the East with the Wizards

exstatic
07-09-2023, 08:06 AM
Probably 35-38 wins at most for the Hawks. I actually have them fighting for the top pick next year like we did this year.I don’t see that, at least at this point. While their current players limit their ceiling, they also raise their floor significantly, the very definition of a treadmill team.

The Truth #6
07-09-2023, 08:06 AM
Snyder is their best chance for success moving forward and I would think he wouldn’t walk into a situation he couldn’t control. But here’s hoping for chaos!

TD 21
07-09-2023, 10:25 AM
In a league this volatile, I don't know why anyone would assume that in 2-4 seasons, a team that's constantly been mired in varying degrees of mediocrity, is all of a sudden going to consistently be better than that because their two best players (the better of whom is between All-NBA/All-Star caliber) is signed long term.

We've seen numerous teams with far better top end talent implode.

Ariel
07-09-2023, 10:33 AM
Still a strong chance one of Trae or DJM isn't on that team at some point in our pick range (2025-27). DJM's new deal only increases his trade value (once he is trade eligible) if things don't work out in ATL.
I think Dejounte's extension is more about securing an asset than projecting him as a long term solution on the court. I think he'll be traded shortly after they can do so.

Mugen
07-09-2023, 10:35 AM
I think Dejounte's extension is more about securing an asset than projecting him as a long term solution on the court. I think he'll be traded shortly after they can do so.

I don't think DJ would have signed the extension if there was any inkling that he'd be traded this year tbh.

Ariel
07-09-2023, 10:41 AM
I don't think DJ would have signed the extension if there was any inkling that he'd be traded this year tbh.
He's secured his long term financial future, that alone is incentive enough. Also, they've leaked that everyone but Trae is on the table for trade talks, so I don't think anything has changed except for the fact that they're unable to do so... FOR THE TIME BEING. If they're struggling by the trade deadline and there's a chance (Siakam?) they'll flip him no questions asked.

exstatic
07-09-2023, 10:46 AM
He's secured his long term financial future, that alone is incentive enough. Also, they've leaked that everyone but Trae is on the table for trade talks, so I don't think anything has changed except for the fact that they're unable to do so... FOR THE TIME BEING. If they're struggling by the trade deadline and there's a chance (Siakam?) they'll flip him no questions asked.

This is why I like our chances. They’re too stupid to understand they’d be better off trading that inefficient chucker Trae.

MannyIsGod
07-09-2023, 10:50 AM

Its a low cost long term deal. Everything about it screams trade asset. Its literally what happened to him here. If he didn't know it was a possible if not likely outcome then his agent is trash so I don't think thats possible at all.

Dejounte
07-09-2023, 11:06 AM

Sort of like what they did with J Collins and failed miserably

Seventyniner
07-09-2023, 11:08 AM

Dejounte is far easier to trade now than before he signed the extension. It's hard to get much for an expiring contract, even when it's a good player at a team friendly salary.

John B
07-09-2023, 11:39 AM
I wonder if TyTy is worth picking up if Oklahoma waives him? I haven't him much at all this past season.

He was scoring big playing in the G-League, even 53 pts in January. It’s worth exploring.

exstatic
07-09-2023, 11:45 AM

Only Houston could whiff on a UK guard. That was like an NFL team drafting a USC running back in the 70s.

scott
07-09-2023, 03:15 PM

I'm not entirely sure DJM has the mental acuity to see that many chess moves ahead (which is only like, 2 moves)

baseline bum
07-09-2023, 03:34 PM

They got him cheap too. I think his agent fucked up, as $120 million over four years is so much more cap friendly a contract than Fred Van Vleet's $128 million over three years, and no way I wouldn't take DJM over FVV as my point guard.

baseline bum
07-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Its a low cost long term deal. Everything about it screams trade asset. Its literally what happened to him here. If he didn't know it was a possible if not likely outcome then his agent is trash so I don't think thats possible at all.

Pretty clear his agent is trash when FVV got 40% more per year than Dejounte.

SpursFan86
07-09-2023, 04:09 PM
2026 draft is shaping up to be pretty incredible...hopefully they implode the year before :lol Might not seem super likely as of now but a lot can happen in 3 years, and it's not like the Hawks have exactly been a model franchise when it comes to consistency.