PDA

View Full Version : 2023/24 San Antonio Spurs schedule

Big Empty
07-17-2023, 05:48 PM
Any idea when its going to get released? Looking foward to trying to score some seats against the Rockets/Pistons/OKC this year. The hope is back and looking foward to this year as we all are! Hope we get a Thanksgiving or Christmas game.

lefty20
07-17-2023, 06:01 PM
It should be released mid august. Usually Shams & Woj get some early info on premiere games, like opening night & Christmas day, a few days before the full schedule is released.

lefty20
08-10-2023, 05:57 PM

lefty20
08-10-2023, 08:29 PM
No Christmas game for the Spurs. Pop's gonna be happy.

Fireball
08-11-2023, 01:36 AM
apart fro having a Heat homegame as a christmas game i like the selection

cannot wait for October 25th ... starting the Wemby era against Luka!

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-13-2023, 07:02 PM
luka's gonna come into the season jacked like drob and dunk it in wemby's face. send his ass back to france

ace3g
08-15-2023, 07:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3mKyCIWUAIjYDH?format=jpg&name=large

playblair
08-15-2023, 07:49 PM
spurs 3 national televises tournamnet games..........more than okc min gs sac combined........

heyheymymy
08-15-2023, 08:06 PM
After the okc big 3 days it's nice to see the spurs as bigger media darlings now. 3 spurs games on national tv vs 1 okc game.

Kinda crazy cause Chet/Giddey/SGA/Jalen should get priority billing as it stands now.

exstatic
08-16-2023, 06:34 AM
After the okc big 3 days it's nice to see the spurs as bigger media darlings now. 3 spurs games on national tv vs 1 okc game.

Kinda crazy cause Chet/Giddey/SGA/Jalen should get priority billing as it stands now.

Don’t make the mistake of thinking it’s the Spurs. It’s Wemby.

JPB
08-16-2023, 09:00 AM

Some people compare it to european football national cups but that actually resembles more the "Champions League" with the group phase then the eliminatory games. there's no group phases in euro national cups and litterally every club in the country, from the smallest, amateur one to the pro, play it, which makes its flavour since every year some amateurs that reach the higer stages can play the pros for some huge upsets.

spurs1990
08-16-2023, 09:31 AM
Don’t make the mistake of thinking it’s the Spurs. It’s Wemby.

With all due respect, what's the distinction?

exstatic
08-16-2023, 10:08 AM
With all due respect, what's the distinction?

They
Are
Only
Interested
In
One
Player

If Wemby were injured early in the year, they would probably re-distribute those televised games in about 5 seconds.

WE are not popular. HE is popular.

CGD
08-16-2023, 10:12 AM
They
Are
Only
Interested
In
One
Player

If Wemby were injured early in the year, they would probably re-distribute those televised games in about 5 seconds.

Damn man, with all due respect, do you enjoy being the turd in the punchbowl, lol.

Point taken but who really cares?

exstatic
08-16-2023, 10:33 AM
Damn man, with all due respect, do you enjoy being the turd in the punchbowl, lol.

Point taken but who really cares?

He asked what the difference was. I thought it was pretty obvious, but he seemed to need to be hit over the head with it, so I did.

MultiTroll
08-16-2023, 10:51 AM
Spurs jack up ticket prices as soon as they got the Wemby ping pong ball?
Since?

spurs1990
08-16-2023, 11:07 AM
They
Are
Only
Interested
In
One
Player

Same arguement applies to every team with a highlight player. The Bulls were the most popular team all over from 1991-1998. In 1999 they were nowhere to be found sans for WGN telecasts.
As far as injury, that's also hypothethically applicable to the other teams. James goes out with an injury and no one is watching LA.

Point is #1 is the Spurs now. He's the cornerstone player... he defines the team. So yes fans can claim that the team is popular.

exstatic
08-16-2023, 11:42 AM
Same arguement applies to every team with a highlight player. The Bulls were the most popular team all over from 1991-1998. In 1999 they were nowhere to be found sans for WGN telecasts.
As far as injury, that's also hypothethically applicable to the other teams. James goes out with an injury and no one is watching LA.

Point is #1 is the Spurs now. He's the cornerstone player... he defines the team. So yes fans can claim that the team is popular.

I can flip that and say that this team will be nearly the same, minus KBD, plus Wemby, and we had exactly one "national" game last year on NBAtv, so Wemby is popular, not the Spurs.

As for Jordan, they barely missed a beat when he served his two year shadow suspension for gambling, and they were still popular, and a damn good team.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I can see a time, though, when the Spurs may be popular, if Sochan catches fire, and Keldon rounds out his game.

ace3g
08-16-2023, 04:47 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1691902682913464601

Ocotillo
08-16-2023, 06:03 PM
Seeing a lot of Champagnie in various Spurs social media promotional posts, maybe a sign they are pretty high on him?

heyheymymy
08-16-2023, 06:51 PM
Agreed ex

And that is the best part.

We've long known the media hates SA so it's amusing watching them cushy up with the Spurs now that the 100 mill dollar man is on board.

Gonna take some getting used to with all the promotion and bailout whistles and bandwagon #1 jerseys.

Have we become everything that we hate? lol.

MultiTroll
08-16-2023, 06:56 PM
Any heteros interested in seeing the Wamas at Clippers?

TheChillFactor
08-17-2023, 10:09 AM
when do single game tickets go on sale?

LongtimeSpursFan
08-17-2023, 12:26 PM
when do single game tickets go on sale?

The Spurs schedule will be released today! Look for an email from Membership Services with your package schedule PLUS details on an optional pre-sale for added tickets beginning this afternoon - before tomorrow's public on sale. Members must be current on payment plan or paid in full to participate in the pre-sale. FYI and GO SPURS GO! �� Reply STOP to opt-out of member texts

ace3g
08-17-2023, 02:15 PM
https://twitter.com/Josh810/status/1692251443963502868

rjv
08-17-2023, 02:44 PM
challenging start to the season

rjv
08-17-2023, 02:45 PM
and 18 nationally televised games

Leetonidas
08-17-2023, 04:05 PM
and 18 nationally televised games

Wow, I'm actually surprised. Didn't Zion get between 30-40 his rookie season? Wemby is way more hyped than Zion. I guess it's because he ended up injured and most of those games were unwatchable :lol probably trying to avoid the same mistake

JPB
08-17-2023, 04:22 PM
Let's tease Luka and show him where he should be.

heyheymymy
08-17-2023, 06:45 PM
more natl televised games than the last 3 seasons combined

VW effect

Big Empty
08-17-2023, 07:48 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs

Here is the new schedule!

Got me a pair of lower levels again Houston 10/27 386.00 facepalm

Dex
08-17-2023, 11:40 PM
First thing I always look for is the RRT:

Heat 2/7
Magic 2/8 (B2B)
Nets 2/10
Raptors 2/12
Mavericks 2/14

All-Star Break

Kings 2/22
Lakers 2/23 (B2B)
Jazz 2/25
Wolves 2/27

Pretty rough stretch at the end, but the All-Star break helps.

Fortunately, Spurs also get 7 straight home games before that so that's kinda nice

Russ
08-18-2023, 12:57 AM
It looks like the Spurs don't play at the Clippers one single time. If that's so, how can it be?

(I'm sitting at the United terminal at LAX suddenly realizing that I hate every other person in the world, so maybe I missed a game on the schedule.)

heyheymymy
08-18-2023, 02:08 AM
Russ check 11/20 & 11/22 for LAC matches

heyheymymy
08-18-2023, 02:10 AM
10/29 for @LAC

The full pic shows these games

TDomination
08-18-2023, 10:22 AM

man i didn't even know about this new in season tournament. i must have missed that thread.

does the winner get an incentive toward the playoffs or is it just money incentives for the players?

stnick2261
08-18-2023, 10:24 AM
man i didn't even know about this new in season tournament. i must have missed that thread.

does the winner get an incentive toward the playoffs or is it just money incentives for the players?

as far as I know.... no benefit for the team, but each player on the winning team gets $500k which is huge for non-stars.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong

Seventyniner
08-18-2023, 11:02 AM
as far as I know.... no benefit for the team, but each player on the winning team gets $500k which is huge for non-stars.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong

It's going to be fascinating to see how seriously teams take the Cup games. We could see true playoff intensity early in the regular season, even from teams that won't have a chance at the real postseason.

Unfortunately the players for which $500k is a big deal probably won't get much playing time.

Spurs Homer
08-18-2023, 11:21 AM
First time hearing about this in season tournament garbage

what is that all about?
where did it come from?

is the entire nba doing this and if not why only those teams listed?

i dont like it…

stnick2261
08-18-2023, 11:31 AM

what is that all about?
where did it come from?

i dont like it…

It's in the boring early part of the year where there are fewer viewers. It's the entire NBA. They incorporated it into the regular season so it doesn't disrupt anything except for the championship game is an added game. It does nothing else but give monetary incentive for teams to try just a little harder, and for ESPN to talk about something.

barakz21
08-18-2023, 11:44 AM
Man, I really REALLY want to see the Spurs when they come to NY. Sadly there’s no tickets for @NY on Ticketmaster, and the cheapest ones I could find in the area where I want is like 700+. @BKN, the cheapest is like 350. Wemby making the tickets pricey. Hopefully someone on here who gets tickets cancels lol

Leetonidas
08-18-2023, 12:12 PM

what is that all about?
where did it come from?

i dont like it…

-its about money/viewership, though no one asked for it or seems to care :lol
-Silvers desire for a mid season tourney has been talked about a lot over the last few years
-yes, the entire NBA is doing it

it really wont change much. from what I understand the games basically are just RS games except for the cup game which is its own separate game. if you dont make it to the cup it doesnt really affect or change anything. the grand prize is basically just bragging rights and money for the winners. i think the thought was to try and make some of the early RS games more meaningful.

I agree though, pretty dumb idea

Dex
08-18-2023, 12:24 PM
-its about money/viewership, though no one asked for it or seems to care :lol
-Silvers desire for a mid season tourney has been talked about a lot over the last few years
-yes, the entire NBA is doing it

it really wont change much. from what I understand the games basically are just RS games except for the cup game which is its own separate game. if you dont make it to the cup it doesnt really affect or change anything. the grand prize is basically just bragging rights and money for the winners. i think the thought was to try and make some of the early RS games more meaningful.

I agree though, pretty dumb idea

NBA talks about player health and reducing injuries...yet keeps increasing the number of games with the play-in tournament, mid-season tourney, etc...

exstatic
08-18-2023, 01:27 PM
NBA talks about player health and reducing injuries...yet keeps increasing the number of games with the play-in tournament, mid-season tourney, etc...

No games were added, except the championship game. All the rest, including the bracket games in LV are within the 82 game regular season.

JPB
08-18-2023, 02:15 PM
It's going to be fascinating to see how seriously teams take the Cup games. We could see true playoff intensity early in the regular season, even from teams that won't have a chance at the real postseason.

Unfortunately the players for which $500k is a big deal probably won't get much playing time.

Yeah, should bring some particular atmosphere and intensity to these games and teams not quitting...

Spurs Homer
08-18-2023, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the above replies- stnick and leetonidas

Dex
08-18-2023, 03:47 PM
No games were added, except the championship game. All the rest, including the bracket games in LV are within the 82 game regular season.

I thought games were added for the semi-finals and the championship, but I could be mistaken.

The play-in tourney obviously adds games for teams trying to squeak into the playoffs.

Is it a lot? No....but it's still more games for certain teams.

exstatic
08-18-2023, 04:07 PM
I thought games were added for the semi-finals and the championship, but I could be mistaken.

The play-in tourney obviously adds games for teams trying to squeak into the playoffs.

Is it a lot? No....but it's still more games for certain teams.

Only the championship game for the 'in season' tourney is extra. The play in games are, but they've been around in some form since 2020 and the bubble. So, one championship game, and a max of 6 total play in games comes to 7, league wide, covering 30 teams. Not a huge bump.

ace3g
08-18-2023, 04:36 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1692642524098097408

scott
08-18-2023, 05:57 PM
Only one game each @LAL and @LAC, which is a personal bummer for me. That LAC game being so early in the season means I’m going to have to pay a Wemby premium.

buttsR4rebounding
08-25-2023, 03:01 PM
Between KD’s inability to stay healthy and COVID when Phoenix plays at GS opening night it will be the first time KD had played there since he left in 2019. Even one better when you add LeBron’s oft-injured playing time record into the mix when Phoenix plays in LA 2 nights later it will be the first KD-LeBron matchup since the 2018 Finals. Assuming they both make it through the pre-season that is….

Millennial_Messiah
08-30-2023, 04:45 PM
https://twitter.com/Josh810/status/1692251443963502868

Back to having the 9-game rodeo road trip. I love it. :toast

One thing I hate about Silver's NBA is scheduling the same opponent at the same venue twice in a row, which never used to happen under the Stern administration, now crops up on the schedule with quite a bit of regularity, unfortunately. I know it may be convenient and save air mileage or whatever, but it wrecks the fan experience (I want to go see player X on Team Y, but we booked our vacation a year in advance and now we're going to be out of town both times Team Y is coming to town)... and from a competitive advantage standpoint it can be a problem when you've got someone with a short-term injury and you're talking about division and/or conference tiebreakers on the line.

Bender
09-01-2023, 07:35 AM
We dropped cable several months ago and are wondering what the best options are, if any, to watch all Spurs games, or at least most, without cable.
We have several streaming services, but no “cable replacement” live tv package yet.

I was thinking about adding Bally Sports, but I read to avoid BS at least for now.

Also I’m local market, so I’m not sure how blackout rules work or if they’re even applicable.

exstatic
09-01-2023, 08:23 AM
We dropped cable several months ago and are wondering what the best options are, if any, to watch all Spurs games, or at least most, without cable.
We have several streaming services, but no “cable replacement” live tv package yet.

I was thinking about adding Bally Sports, but I read to avoid BS at least for now.

Also I’m local market, so I’m not sure how blackout rules work or if they’re even applicable.

Bally Sports is the Spurs broadcast network, and probably carries 70+ games every year, so avoiding them sounds like a bad strategy.

Bender
09-01-2023, 01:28 PM
It was something about their ongoing status…bankruptcy, being sold…

Yes, I’d prefer to pay for BS, sounds easiest. Blackout rules? I’m in SA

spurs10
09-02-2023, 07:12 PM
Bally Sports is the Spurs broadcast network, and probably carries 70+ games every year, so avoiding them sounds like a bad strategy. This

It was something about their ongoing status…bankruptcy, being sold…

Yes, I’d prefer to pay for BS, sounds easiest. Blackout rules? I’m in SA I've never had any trouble with Bally Sports...definitely the way to go. Will renew in October.

CGD
09-02-2023, 07:21 PM
This

I've never had any trouble with Bally Sports...definitely the way to go. Will renew in October.

Did they fix the video to audio lag issue? It was atrocious last year and would always crash.

Question: if I’m out of market is it better to just get NBA league pass?

spurs10
09-02-2023, 08:13 PM
P.S. I live outside SA city limits and I've never seen a game black-out on Bally. Can't imagine they'd black-out the local games or they'd lose a ton of business.

ace3g
09-08-2023, 05:16 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1700238774339338722

spurs10
09-08-2023, 06:36 PM
Did they fix the video to audio lag issue? It was atrocious last year and would always crash.

Question: if I’m out of market is it better to just get NBA league pass? I never experienced the lag you had. I live about an hour from SA and use Bally only experience with NBA League Pass was when I was overseas.

RC_Drunkford
09-10-2023, 11:05 AM
definitely ain't watchin faggot night

Fireball
09-11-2023, 10:14 AM
It looks that I will be in NY in February, so I will get tickets for the Spurs game against the Nets. Its the third game in four nights for the Spurs so with my luck Pop rests everyone :rollin

spurraider21
09-11-2023, 01:13 PM
so insecure that you felt the need to tell everybody this

spurs10
09-12-2023, 01:02 PM
definitely ain't watchin faggot night Yes, sounds like you'll be busy that night and won't be able to watch the game.

koriwhat
09-12-2023, 01:48 PM

Damn I wish I could just let you all know about the cheap cable replacement service I subscribe to but I worry it'll get shut down or slow down. $10/mo for 50k channels, all league passes, and PPVs. It's insane and never lags. I use it on my firestick with an IPTV app.

Search around and I'm sure you'll find it easily on google.

SpurSpike
09-12-2023, 02:07 PM

Question: if I’m out of market is it better to just get NBA league pass?

I got a strange audio issue last year with Bally using Roku on almost every game where the sound would start slowing down and get out of sync with the video. If you let it keep going like that the sound got slower and slower till the announcers sounded like slow motion demons. Is that the same issue you had?

RC_Drunkford
09-14-2023, 03:34 PM
so insecure that you felt the need to tell everybody this

you part of the gay mafia I see

Mr. Body
09-14-2023, 03:45 PM

We'll let you know when it's incest night.

spurraider21
09-14-2023, 04:21 PM
you part of the gay mafia I see
i dont know what that is

im also not so insecure that i have to make sure i remind people that im not gay

RC_Drunkford
09-15-2023, 01:08 PM
We'll let you know when it's incest night.

your mother and your sister coming?

playblair
09-26-2023, 09:16 PM
when is the broadcast schedule release for games on bally sports & local channels .......

heyheymymy
09-27-2023, 06:09 AM

Better avoid looking into any mirrors, then.

ace3g
09-27-2023, 02:01 PM
when is the broadcast schedule release for games on bally sports & local channels .......

https://twitter.com/N_Magaro/status/1706739117654995012

playblair
10-01-2023, 10:21 AM
https://twitter.com/N_Magaro/status/1706739117654995012
is this real.........spurs website only shows national tv broadcast on the schedule......

ace3g
10-10-2023, 10:16 AM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1711761310180905439

ace3g
10-26-2023, 12:18 PM
https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1717569446519197728

wildbill2u
10-30-2023, 11:03 AM
Does anyone REALLY give a rat's ass WHY they are on national TV.???

Seems like someone has to make every little thing a big contentious issue. I suppose someone is keeping score of all the "gotchas" on a big scoreboard in Heaven?

Chinook
11-04-2023, 09:27 PM
The late games have sort of messed up my sleep for the past week. So I was looking at the schedule on ESPN to see how many more of those I have to worry about. There are only seven more 9p.m. games, 1 8:30 games and 2 8p.m. games. That's not bad. But there are 21 games that between at 6p.m. or 6:30. WTF? There are a bunch of home games that have that really early start time. As a person who works until 6 and has to fight downtown traffic, that's annoying. So to the posters who think it doesn't matter how if games are nationally broadcast or not, it does. The whole reason for all the early games is that there are a bunch of double-headers where the Spurs have to play the early slot. In fact it's much more common for the Spurs to be the early team this year than it usually is. There are fans of West Coast teams that will have 4p.m. start times for intraconference games. On the flip side, fans in Charlotte do have to stay up for a 10p.m. start against the Spurs in one of the rare games the Spurs get the second half of a double-header.

Just goes to show Wemby is warping a lot of things.

JPB
11-04-2023, 09:59 PM
They put tomorrow"s game at 9:30PM in France... Could be for french audience who can't watch games live usually at 2 to 4AM there.

exstatic
11-04-2023, 11:12 PM
They put tomorrow"s game at 9:30PM in France... Could be for french audience who can't watch games live usually at 2 to 4AM there.

Weekend games are often in the afternoon, SA time. Don’t think there is any special significance.

scott
11-04-2023, 11:45 PM
Don’t know how readily this information is reported, but it will be interesting to see the SA ratings for the Raptors game going directly against the Cowboys-Eagles game.

Fizziksman
11-05-2023, 11:38 AM
Don’t know how readily this information is reported, but it will be interesting to see the SA ratings for the Raptors game going directly against the Cowboys-Eagles game.

Pretty fucked.