Extra Stout
07-17-2023, 09:35 PM
Under, just barely

slick'81
07-17-2023, 09:42 PM
OVA

bluebellmaniac
07-17-2023, 09:42 PM
Should be way over. We have the talent to be over 50% win %.

We'd have to be tanking again to win less than 30.

lefty20
07-17-2023, 09:43 PM
Over, but not by much. 31-33 wins, imo

The West is gonna be ridiculous. There is literally only 1 tanking team, the Blazers.

Robz4000
07-17-2023, 09:46 PM
Over (unless they shut down Wemby early and tank). Got them winning 36.

spurs10
07-17-2023, 09:49 PM
I see .500 being doable, but we don't have a clue if any trades are in the ether. Wemby is a game changer.

slick'81
07-17-2023, 09:53 PM
35 wins or bust

BackHome
07-17-2023, 10:00 PM
Yeah West is going to be tough only team who will definitely be tanking is Portland - Even in the East which is weaker I think only Washington starts out openly tanking.

spurraider21
07-17-2023, 10:16 PM
West will be a meat grinder. A lot of these teams are on a clock but it’s gonna be at least another year or two until their declines are really felt. Most fans will say over.

but kinda have to think we could have cleared 30 last year if Vassell didn’t miss half the year and we didn’t trade Jak/richardson

ambchang
07-17-2023, 10:24 PM
I’d say over and quite easily. The spurs will be close to 35 to 38 wins.

DPG21920
07-17-2023, 10:30 PM
Wemby going to play more than 30 minutes+ and more than 65 games? I will say under but it’s close.

Spursfanfromafar
07-17-2023, 10:39 PM
I am being too ambitious but I think the Spurs last year were much better than their record. Expecting 40-42 wins this year.

spurs10
07-17-2023, 10:45 PM
Wemby going to play more than 30 minutes+ and more than 65 games? I will say under but it’s close. Reckon how many games he plays is the deciding factor. Doubt we'll lose more 50% of the games he plays.

wildbill2u
07-17-2023, 10:49 PM
That's not much of an expected improvement over last year, especially considering we picked up the projected best player in a generation.

Mr. Body
07-17-2023, 10:49 PM
A Western Conference that was in no way prepared to take on a pretty good but not excellent Denver team. We're seeing several teams decay before our eyes in LAL, GSW, LAC, a mess in the making in PHX, and some up-and-coming teams like MIN, SAC, OKC, and UTA.

This is as weak as the WC has been in a very long time.

I'd be surprised if it's not the over. The Spurs are going to be much more competitive than they were when they were when they started tanking.

redman112
07-17-2023, 10:54 PM
I am being too ambitious but I think the Spurs last year were much better than their record. Expecting 40-42 wins this year.
:lobt2:

Degoat
07-17-2023, 11:04 PM
I’m thinking 36-38 wins, it all depends on how quickly Wemby adapts to the NBA, many have said all the spurs were missing was a superstar if wemby plays at a high level will surprise out there

Uriel
07-17-2023, 11:31 PM
I’m not a betting man, but if I were, I see an arbitrage opportunity here :lol

GAustex
07-17-2023, 11:40 PM
Under

MultiTroll
07-17-2023, 11:44 PM
How many of you Overs choosers are dropping cash?

Fireball
07-18-2023, 02:33 AM
Got them at 32 wins

John B
07-18-2023, 02:34 AM
Time to head to Vegas. I think Spurs win at least 35 games

RC_Drunkford
07-18-2023, 05:21 AM
Over easily

polandprzem
07-18-2023, 05:56 AM

jhfenton
07-18-2023, 08:25 AM
I placed my first ever (small) bet this week, really two bets: $25 over 30.5 (+100), $25 for 35+ wins (+190). Combined, they add up to betting $50 and getting, for 30 or fewer wins, $0, 31-34 wins, $50 (break-even), 35 or more wins, $125.

The money is meaningless, but it will be something extra to root for.

mo7888
07-18-2023, 08:38 AM
I'm taking the over

JPB
07-18-2023, 08:41 AM
Yeah over. Not a tanking year, youngsters a year older and that Wemby guy.

JPB
07-18-2023, 08:42 AM
How many of you Overs choosers are dropping cash?

How much did you drop on under?

exstatic
07-18-2023, 08:53 AM
I don't see how we don't go over 30.5. Portland was low key tanking last year after the deadline, and they won 33 games, finishing with the 5th worst record. They weren't nearly as good defensively as this squad will be.

SpursFan86
07-18-2023, 08:53 AM

Hard disagree…from top to bottom the conference is stacked.

Nuggets just won the title and pretty much retained all their core pieces aside from Bruce Brown. They looked dominant in the playoffs.

Suns have one of the most loaded rosters we’ve seen in some time. Sure, you can question the fit/depth there but they did a pretty solid job this off-season filling out the bench all things considered. They’ll be in the hunt as long as they’re healthy IMO.

Warriors have the same core but replaced Poole with CP3. I realize they’re aging fast but I still think they have another year or 2 of being dangerous.

Clippers are a major wildcard due to health but if they’re healthy they have an extremely talented roster.

Lakers are hit or miss. Like the Clippers their health is a major question mark but for once they did the right thing and didn’t completely shake up the roster and instead focused on adding solid role players and opting for continuity. LeBron will be another year older but if they continue their momentum from post-deadline last year they’ll be very solid. Do I think they’re likely to contend for a title? Probably not, but they’ll be good.

Memphis is whatever. I’m not super high on their core but they do have an extremely strong defensive core between Smart/Bane/Jackson + one of the best guards in the league when Morant isn’t showing off his arsenal :lol No they’re not a legitimate threat to win the title but they can certainly be a tough out.

OKC was on the cusp of being .500 last year and they have a very young core with lots of guys who should improve from last year. Then to top it off they’re adding a top 3 pick in Chet + a guy many were high on in Cason Wallace. Again, not not a title contender but they’re going to be solid this year.

I don’t really know how I feel about the Kings. I’m not a big fan of their roster but they did play solid last year and are fairly young. I see them taking a step back but that could still mean being over .500.

Minnesota is kind of a shit show but hard to see them being much worse than .500. Utah has a pretty promising young core and will likely improve this year. New Orleans is dependent on Zion being healthy which seems unlikely these days but not like they’re a dumpster fire or anything. Houston will be another year older + added some solid vets even if they hilariously overpaid.

It legitimately seems like the entire conference either stayed the same or improved outside of Portland. Inevitably injuries will happen and teams will implode but to me the conference looks incredibly deep from a talent perspective. I’m optimistic about the Spurs taking a step forward but a lot of the arguments we make for our team (“We were tanking”, “We have a young core that will improve”) can be said for several other teams if we’re being honest.

All this being said I do think we hit the over and end up around 35 wins. But the conference will make it tough - not many easy gimme wins IMO.

rascal
07-18-2023, 08:54 AM
over 30

Wemby is good for 10 more wins
unless he gets injured then it's another tank season for a top PG.

rascal
07-18-2023, 08:55 AM

Nuggets just won the title and pretty much retained all their core pieces aside from Bruce Brown. They looked dominant in the playoffs.

Suns have one of the most loaded rosters we’ve seen in some time. Sure, you can question the fit/depth there but they did a pretty solid job this off-season filling out the bench all things considered. They’ll be in the hunt as long as they’re healthy IMO.

Warriors have the same core but replaced Poole with CP3. I realize they’re aging fast but I still think they have another year or 2 of being dangerous.

Clippers are a major wildcard due to health but if they’re healthy they have an extremely talented roster.

Lakers are hit or miss. Like the Clippers their health is a major question mark but for once they did the right thing and didn’t completely shake up the roster and instead focused on adding solid role players and opting for continuity. LeBron will be another year older but if they continue their momentum from post-deadline last year they’ll be very solid. Do I think they’re likely to contend for a title? Probably not, but they’ll be good.

Memphis is whatever. I’m not super high on their core but they do have an extremely strong defensive core between Smart/Bane/Jackson + one of the best guards in the league when Morant isn’t showing off his arsenal :lol No they’re not a legitimate threat to win the title but they can certainly be a tough out.

OKC was on the cusp of being .500 last year and they have a very young core with lots of guys who should improve from last year. Then to top it off they’re adding a top 3 pick in Chet + a guy many were high on in Cason Wallace. Again, not not a title contender but they’re going to be solid this year.

I don’t really know how I feel about the Kings. I’m not a big fan of their roster but they did play solid last year and are fairly young. I see them taking a step back but that could still mean being over .500.

Minnesota is kind of a shit show but hard to see them being much worse than .500. Utah has a pretty promising young core and will likely improve this year. New Orleans is dependent on Zion being healthy which seems unlikely these days but not like they’re a dumpster fire or anything. Houston will be another year older + added some solid vets even if they hilariously overpaid.

It legitimately seems like the entire conference either stayed the same or improved outside of Portland. Inevitably injuries will happen and teams will implode but to me the conference looks incredibly deep from a talent perspective. I’m optimistic about the Spurs taking a step forward but a lot of the arguments we make for our team (“We were tanking”, “We have a young core that will improve”) can be said for several other teams if we’re being honest.

All this being said I do think we hit the over and end up around 35 wins. But the conference will make it tough - not many easy gimme wins IMO.

Suns are stacked and will battle Denver for the best record in the west.

exstatic
07-18-2023, 08:55 AM

Which of his accounts?

Mr. Body
07-18-2023, 08:56 AM

Yeah, you just kind of agreed that these are all not great teams other than Denver. Again, the Western Conference hasn't been this bad in a really long time.

rascal
07-18-2023, 08:58 AM
Yeah, you just kind of agreed that these are all not great teams other than Denver. Again, the Western Conference hasn't been this bad in a really long time.

All those teams will be better than the Spurs. They are all deeper talented teams than the Spurs.

Mr. Body
07-18-2023, 09:01 AM
All those teams will be better than the Spurs. They are all deeper talented teams than the Spurs.

Lol. "All those teams"?

Guys are wildly overrating this conference right now. They're seeing big names and clapping their hands wildly. These are very old players. James is about done, the Warriors depend on an aging Curry to drag them anywhere, the Clippers are extremely fragile. Phoenix doesn't make a lick of sense and has the depth of a piece of paper held sideways.

Only Denver is very good. We have a number of teams that will drop off a cliff, maybe even this year. Then we have some moderately good teams whose cores aren't much better than the Spurs.

But I get it -- you despise the Spurs and would rather go watch Jordan Walsh.

Davidicus
07-18-2023, 09:09 AM
Ive got them 40+ with cash on it. I think first 7 games of last season was the true team, now add Wemby.

manufan10
07-18-2023, 09:22 AM
I'll take the over. I think they'll win at least 35 games this year.

SpursWoman
07-18-2023, 09:31 AM
I feel this team was at least 5-10 games better than their record last season ... with sitting out players and crazy rotations the tank was no joke, imo. Add in (a hopefully ready) Wemby and I think they'll at least be 35-40.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-18-2023, 09:41 AM
I'm taking the over. But I bet a lot of casual fans are going to take the over with Wemby on the roster. That bar will move up quick.

SpursFan86
07-18-2023, 09:42 AM

Even if you want to argue there are no “great” teams aside from Denver (which isn’t what I said but let’s go with it)…there are several “good” teams and, again, almost no teams that look to be in worse shape than they were the year before aside from Portland if they lose Lillard.

Which teams in the West do you see the Spurs being better than? Seems to me there are 3 options:

- You think the Spurs are going to make a massive jump and increase their win total by 20+ games
- You think the Spurs will be near the bottom of the conference and this is the result of them not having a good roster
- You think the Spurs will be near the bottom of the conference and this is the result of the conference being deep with lots of solid teams

Which is it?

LeBowen
07-18-2023, 09:45 AM
Under 30 would mean that important starters had major injury trouble.

Doesn't matter how good the rest of the conference is, Spurs aren't in the playoff series against them.

Spurs had 22 wins with Keldon, Devin and Jeremy missing ~90 games (iirc) and a lot of disgusting tanking. Just remember those two b2b Ls against Houston.

jhfenton
07-18-2023, 09:59 AM
I'm taking the over. But I bet a lot of casual fans are going to take the over with Wemby on the roster. That bar will move up quick.

I thought so too. I got my bet in as soon as I could find a line available here (Ohio).

Plus, there's still the outside possibility some of the expiring contracts are flipped for somebody, while the roster is unlikely to get worse.

MultiTroll
07-18-2023, 10:05 AM
I haven't declared upthread like many Overs have.
Nor am i obligated to.
Was just wondering as it separates. Altho nothing wrong with non betters giving their opinion. At all.

My first inclination is to agree with the Overs.
However, Craig Popplevich without an MVP+ to carry him can find numerous ways to lose games.
Is Wemby MVP level already? You know what he might be. But if SL is any indication he is going to get a plethora of cheapshots.

I could see Pop easily swinging 10 wins into 10 losses.
Still waiting to see how many Pets get elevated to playing time over better players.
Also the pg position. Is Pet Trey getting all the minutes or what's up?

Like Helicopter pointed out if one wants to Overs they better pick quickly because it well may go up.

Russ
07-18-2023, 10:18 AM
I placed my first ever (small) bet this week, really two bets: $25 over 30.5 (+100), $25 for 35+ wins (+190). Combined, they add up to betting $50 and getting, for 30 or fewer wins, $0, 31-34 wins, $50 (break-even), 35 or more wins, $125.

The money is meaningless, but it will be something extra to root for.

I put $10 on the Spurs to win the NBA title with a payout of $2,500.

rascal
07-18-2023, 10:30 AM
Even if you want to argue there are no “great” teams aside from Denver (which isn’t what I said but let’s go with it)…there are several “good” teams and, again, almost no teams that look to be in worse shape than they were the year before aside from Portland if they lose Lillard.

Which teams in the West do you see the Spurs being better than? Seems to me there are 3 options:

- You think the Spurs are going to make a massive jump and increase their win total by 20+ games
- You think the Spurs will be near the bottom of the conference and this is the result of them not having a good roster
- You think the Spurs will be near the bottom of the conference and this is the result of the conference being deep with lots of solid teams

Which is it?

There were only two teams in the west last year with fewer than 30 wins.

Spurs will be closer to the bottom of the conference than the top.

They still need to add talent to the roster. What they have added this year are at best backup quality players, not future game changers.
This year is more of an experiment to see how Wemby plays/progresses and what players have improved enough to be good fits around him.

Roster upgrades are needed to move up closer to the top of the conference.

MultiTroll
07-18-2023, 10:30 AM
$25 over 30.5 (+100),
:wow which place is giving +100 for over 30.5 wins?
I'll take that.

rascal
07-18-2023, 10:35 AM

I expect it to move up to 35 wins.

MultiTroll
07-18-2023, 10:58 AM
I expect it to move up to 35 wins.
I already see it at 32.5

RC_Drunkford
07-18-2023, 11:14 AM
Only the Spurs, Thunder and Suns got better. Other than that basically the entire conference got worse or stayed the same. Add that to the Spurs not tanking (at least I hope so) and not resting 2-3 starters every game and I see the team being around 0.500. We actually have a deep roster too.

jhfenton
07-18-2023, 11:28 AM
:wow which place is giving +100 for over 30.5 wins?
I'll take that.

It was DraftKings, and I still see the same line available.

https://i.ibb.co/H2tgBy0/Capture-d-e-cran-2023-07-18-a-12-27-21.png (https://imgbb.com/)

SpursFan86
07-18-2023, 11:30 AM
Only the Spurs, Thunder and Suns got better. Other than that basically the entire conference got worse or stayed the same. Add that to the Spurs not tanking (at least I hope so) and not resting 2-3 starters every game and I see the team being around 0.500. We actually have a deep roster too.

- Nuggets were the clear best team in the conference so them staying the same isn’t saying much

- The Lakers post-deadline were much better than pre-deadline and they have that same core with more chemistry going into this upcoming season. LeBron is a year older but I do think on the whole they’ll be better this year vs. all of last year

- Memphis added Smart and didn’t really lose anyone right? Guess Morant is out a good chunk of games but once he’s back I’d expect them to be better with Bane/Jackson being another year closer to their prime + Smart being there

- Clippers will be better just by virtue of health. Granted this might not happen but it’s not hard to imagine them being better this year

- Warriors are replacing Poole with CP3. TJD and Podz both seem like rookies that can have a positive impact off the bat. Also added Saric who seems to fit their team well. Their core is another year older but this is a toss up IMO.

- New Orleans will be better if Zion is healthy

- Why would Houston and Utah not be better? Are we just going to pretend all of our young players improve while theirs stay the same? :lol

I realize there are caveats with health here but just seems a little crazy to bluntly claim “no other teams in the West got better outside of Phoenix and OKC”.

And again I’m still waiting to hear which teams the Spurs will be better than next year in the West. Curious to hear what others are thinking.

rascal
07-18-2023, 11:34 AM
- Nuggets were the clear best team in the conference so them staying the same isn’t saying much

- The Lakers post-deadline were much better than pre-deadline and they have that same core with more chemistry going into this upcoming season. LeBron is a year older but I do think on the whole they’ll be better this year vs. all of last year

- Memphis added Smart and didn’t really lose anyone right? Guess Morant is out a good chunk of games but once he’s back I’d expect them to be better with Bane/Jackson being another year closer to their prime + Smart being there

- Clippers will be better just by virtue of health. Granted this might not happen but it’s not hard to imagine them being better this year

- Warriors are replacing Poole with CP3. TJD and Podz both seem like rookies that can have a positive impact off the bat. Also added Saric who seems to fit their team well. Their core is another year older but this is a toss up IMO.

- Why would Houston and Utah not be better? Are we just going to pretend all of our young players improve while theirs stay the same? :lol

I realize there are caveats with health here but just seems a little crazy to bluntly claim “no other teams in the West got better outside of Phoenix and OKC”.

And again I’m still waiting to hear which teams the Spurs will be better than next year in the West. Curious to hear what others are thinking.

Houston got better.

R. DeMurre
07-18-2023, 11:55 AM
Even without Wemby, I'd hope that a full season of a healthy Vassell plus a full season of Sochan with a year of experience under his belt, plus Pop not using obviously tanky line ups would result in a 31 win season. It'd be pretty disappointing if the win total was lower than that.

spurraider21
07-18-2023, 12:15 PM
anybody have a list of all the o/u lines for past few seasons and how we've fared?

TD 21
07-18-2023, 05:52 PM
The Spurs project to be a bottom three team alongside the Trail Blazers and Wizards.

I’m thinking 36-38 wins, it all depends on how quickly Wemby adapts to the NBA, many have said all the spurs were missing was a superstar if wemby plays at a high level will surprise out there

No teenager has ever performed at a superstar level. A more likely scenario is, Wembanyama enters as a top starter, then progresses to All-Star caliber in his second season, All-NBA caliber in his third season and finally MVP caliber in his fourth season.

RC_Drunkford
07-18-2023, 06:12 PM

-Nuggets lost their 6th man they got worse

-Lakers are basically the same team they were last year post deadline. They replaced their scrubs with other scrubs

-Memphis lost Brooks, added Smart, Ja is out for 25 games and they lost their back up PG in Tyus Jones. They got worse

-Clippers lost Gordon and their star players are never healthy. Basically the same as last year

-Warriors got worse. They lost Poole who averaged 20 PPG and replaced him with 40-year old CP3 who doesn't fit their playing style. They also don't get younger.

-New Orleans will be the same as last year cause Zion is never healthy

-Utah and Portland are tanking. Utah has not that many young players who will make a leap. Kessler, Agbaji, THT that's it. They'll be the 14th or 13th seed

-Houston got better but will need time to gel and learn to play winning basketball

-T-Wolves same as last year

-Sacramento got slightly better adding the Euroleague MVP

-OKC got better obviously

-Phoenix got better but has a bench full of 3rd stringers who wouldn't even make the Spurs roster

-Dallas same garbage as last year unless you think some rookie Centers and Grant Williams will somehow fix their defense

The Spurs will turn from the worst defense ever to a top 10 defense instantly. They will also not sit 2-3 starters ever game, assuming Pop is coaching to win games which I expect. The young guys will all take leaps and we have a very deep team. So deep that we don't even know who to cut. A lot of teams are top heavy with old star players. Having a deep bench will do a lot during the season. The way I see it:

Tier 1 (contenders): Denver, Phoenix
Tier 2 (Playoff teams): Sacramento, Lakers, Clippers, Memphis
Tier 3 (Play-in): OKC, NOLA, GSW, TWolves, Mavs, Spurs, Rockets
Tier 4 (Tanking): Jazz, Portland

Spurs should be in the play-in battle with a good chance to make it to 7th or 8th

CGD
07-18-2023, 07:40 PM
Vegas was pretty spot on with their line last year if I recall. Im over but I wouldn’t bet the house on it.

Mr. Body
07-18-2023, 08:44 PM
I'm not sure how you can add one of the best #1 picks in years, a guy who will at least be a really good defensive anchor, have two good rookies move into their second years, get a healthy Devin Vassell, have a solid Collins instead of a listless Poeltl, play defense and be competitive instead of stealth tanking, and... somehow only win eight more games than last year? Doesn't make sense.

MultiTroll
07-18-2023, 09:48 PM
It was DraftKings, and I still see the same line available.

https://i.ibb.co/H2tgBy0/Capture-d-e-cran-2023-07-18-a-12-27-21.png (https://imgbb.com/)
Paid off politicians in CA won't let us in to Draft Kings.
Total B.S.

Will try to find another way.

BackHome
07-18-2023, 09:48 PM
I think it is going to take time for Wemby to fit in or should I say it is going to take time for the team to figure out how Wemby fits in. As someone said the last teenager to make a huge impact I believe was Lebron and he was a man child the exact opposite of Wemby. So not expecting much will see how things pan out the most interesting thing for me is obviously watching Wemby growth, but also which players seem to fit with his playing style.

On a funny note right after our 2022 season I mocked a draft in Tankathon and we got the 1 pick - Looking at 2024 Tankathon they have us with the 6th and Raptors 7th pick.

Cry Havoc
07-19-2023, 02:50 AM

That's about how I'd rank them.

We're going to be so much better than last year even without considering Wemby into the mix.

Silverheart80
07-19-2023, 06:30 AM
I'll take the over.

As long as VW remains healthy and doesn't become passive, he's going to unbalance the floor every night. He'll create openings, angles and easier shots for teammates that weren't there last year.

* Spurs are going to struggle during the first half of the season. Pop will experiment with lineups per usual.
* Wembanyama will have some tough nights getting acclimated to NBA rules. Will experience foul trouble but will be spectacular.
* Media and fans will question if VW is a bust when he falters.
* Spurs finish the first half of the season playing .500 ball, around 30-30.
* Wembanyama makes the All-Star Game as a rookie.
* Pop solidifies the roster and roles in the second half of the season. Spurs play .700 ball. Pick up about 15 more wins.
* Finish the regular season with 45 wins, good for a top-6 seed in the West.

Wembanyama leads all rookies in triple-doubles. Finishes top-3 in the league in blocks and steals.
Flirts with a quadruple-double at least once.
Wins Rookie of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year.

And this is a conservative estimate. Season could end up being a lot better than this.

** Again -- all of this is barring catastrophic injury to VW or major players this season.

InRareForm
07-19-2023, 08:26 AM
anybody have a list of all the o/u lines for past few seasons and how we've fared?

Search spurs and the season you want on basketball reference website. They have the o/u of prior seasons on the top.

Last season was 22.5

jjspur
07-19-2023, 08:29 AM
I look at it this way. Wemby barring a major injury alone is worth 10 more wins than last year. 32 wins. The guys we signed from late last year will add 1 - 2 wins each, plus the 2 new guys might add another win apiece. The bigger home crowds will add 1 or 2 wins for a total of about 36-38 wins. Not great but not bad either, definitely an improvement over last season. You have to start somewhere. However the real reason for more wins will be a markedly better defense which most of the new players bring.

its amazing what the spurs can do when they are not tanking. The play in games are a small possibility, the playoffs probably not. The 24-25 season is something to really look forward to.

jhfenton
07-19-2023, 10:22 AM
Paid off politicians in CA won't let us in to Draft Kings.
Total B.S.

Will try to find another way.

It's all new in Ohio. We've only had legal betting since the beginning of this year.

exstatic
07-19-2023, 11:03 AM

lolwut?

baseline bum
07-19-2023, 11:38 AM

Phoenix got significantly worse IMO. They have no one to run the offense and Beal is just a lesser option taking touches away from Booker and Durant.

baseline bum
07-19-2023, 11:41 AM

Pretty much where I see them. Outside chance at 40. 30 seems like a bet that Victor gets hurt.

baseline bum
07-19-2023, 11:42 AM

After four years it's crystal clear Zion refuses to get in shape for the Pelicans.

MultiTroll
07-19-2023, 03:25 PM
Who on ST can i send a grand to that has access to DraftKings?

That's honest, reliable and not a fake, ripoff?

rjv
07-19-2023, 05:00 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6kQMxymoETJIu9aKWr6Xn7_OeLtdUK qcAQg&usqp=CAU

dbestpro
07-19-2023, 06:41 PM
43-45 wins. Team is gonna be better than most think.

Millennial_Messiah
07-19-2023, 10:15 PM
Wemby is a deus ex machina. 47 wins and a second round playoff exit. Wemby plays all 82 games, though minutes severely managed especially on back to backs may hurt us.

Or we can go the tank route like OKC after drafting Durant and win like 20 games to get another star

I don't think Pop wants anything to do with mediocrity and winning anything in the 30's out of 82.

CGD
07-20-2023, 07:24 AM
^ don’t think the spurs will be tanking at all this year. They might suck, but won’t tank.

rascal
07-20-2023, 08:14 AM
43-45 wins. Team is gonna be better than most think.

That would be the worst result.

The Spurs will be back into mediocrity, not good enough to be a contender and not bad enough to get the top talent in the draft.

The current team will never be good enough to be a contender without adding another top level star.
I know people are hoping to get a top lottery pick with that Toronto pick but that pick might not even convey if Toronto tanks, the Charlotte pick will either not convey or be out of the lottery so that's not going to be a high pick.

One more year of experimenting with lineups and managing Wemby's minutes and seeing what the team has with the current team and not winning more than 30 games to get top PG prospect is the best result.

Need to be patient for another year of less than 30 wins for the long game of jumping into being a contender.

GAustex
07-20-2023, 08:18 AM
^ this
Need better players

LeBowen
07-20-2023, 09:20 AM
Some of you people...of course that this team needs some more players, but tanking again would be just dumb.
You have to let these players develop and build a winning mentality. Tanking days are over.

Spurs are among the teams with most assets and most cap space in the league.
We just have to wait until a star that fits the timeline becomes available, Spurs can trade for literally anyone.

It's just up to Wemby. If he's the real deal, there won't be any issues with players wanting to join.

TD 21
07-20-2023, 10:11 AM
I know people are hoping to get a top lottery pick with that Toronto pick but that pick might not even convey if Toronto tanks, the Charlotte pick will either not convey or be out of the lottery so that's not going to be a high pick.

to get top PG prospect is the best result.

Acquiring/re-signing Poeltl when they were going nowhere fast ensured that they wouldn't tank. They're too arrogant/stubborn to do so and will instead attempt to "middle build" and get lucky again.

Proctor seems like the Spur of the bunch and between early projections, their own pick and the Raptors pick, they'll probably have a good chance at getting him.

rascal
07-20-2023, 10:16 AM
Acquiring/re-signing Poeltl when they were going nowhere fast ensured that they wouldn't tank. They're too arrogant/stubborn to do so and will instead attempt to "middle build" and get lucky again.

Proctor seems like the Spur of the bunch and between early projections, their own pick and the Raptors pick, they'll probably have a good chance at getting him.

If the Spurs are a 41 win team they won't be drafting Proctor with their pick since he's projected going inside the top 10 and good luck thinking that Toronto pick falls from 7 to 10.

TD 21
07-20-2023, 10:34 AM
If the Spurs are a 41 win team they won't be drafting Proctor with their pick since he's projected going inside the top 10 and good luck thinking that Toronto pick falls from 7 to 10.

There's zero chance the Spurs are a 41 win team and a very real chance the Raptors pick falls from 7-10.

The Spurs could easily end up with something similar to the Magic this year, who picked 6 and 11.

rascal
07-20-2023, 10:36 AM
There's zero chance the Spurs are a 41 win team and a very real chance the Raptors pick falls from 7-10.

The Spurs could easily end up with something similar to the Magic this year, who picked 6 and 11.

My post is in regards to the post saying the Spurs are a 41 win team and no the odds are not high the Raptors pick falls between 7 and 10.

exstatic
07-20-2023, 10:36 AM

Proctor is projected #23 on TaT, so even in a non-lottery scenario, we should get him.

DPG21920
07-20-2023, 11:26 AM
There’s just not enough margin for error at 31 wins when we don’t know how much Wemby plays and Spurs didn’t add much. I believe in our guys more than the average fan I would say but a 10 win jump seems reasonable so that’s right at 32.

I would rather bet DET over at 27.5 at that point value wise

If I thought Wemby would play 33MPG + 75 games I would say over slightly. But Im not sure he will play that many mins/games so it’s hard to take that. But think Spurs are going to be damn competitive.

rascal
07-20-2023, 11:35 AM
Proctor is projected #23 on TaT, so even in a non-lottery scenario, we should get him.

Most sites have Proctor inside the top 10. Early mocks have four PGs going inside the top 10.

Getting a top 10 pick would be ideal for the Spurs to get one of the top PGs next year.

Vince Carter's ankle
07-20-2023, 12:23 PM
most sites had Jaden Hardy and Nick Smith Jr. inside the top 10

exstatic
07-20-2023, 12:24 PM
Most sites have Proctor inside the top 10. Early mocks have four PGs going inside the top 10.

Getting a top 10 pick would be ideal for the Spurs to get one of the top PGs next year.

It also depends on whether those sites list international players yet, or not. TaT does, and it lists gleague prospects, too.

Ibleedslvrnblk
07-20-2023, 12:48 PM
I'm in Canada .. where I bet the over on this? 9 more wins and not tanking and wemby added. I'm not predicting 40 wins but I'll take the odds

sfernald
07-20-2023, 01:01 PM

Your future self from 10 months from now called me up and said it is a very bad idea to try to predict who to draft a year early. We have almost no clue who we would want then and who is the best.

BackHome
07-20-2023, 04:38 PM

I think at max you might have 2 pure PG and one combo guard go into the top 10 of which are bellow - I like Proctor but I thought I read something that said his is arm length matches his height 6’5 though I could be wrong

DJ Wagner
Isiah Collier
Stephon Castle

BackHome
07-20-2023, 04:52 PM
There’s just not enough margin for error at 31 wins when we don’t know how much Wemby plays and Spurs didn’t add much. I believe in our guys more than the average fan I would say but a 10 win jump seems reasonable so that’s right at 32.

I would rather bet DET over at 27.5 at that point value wise

If I thought Wemby would play 33MPG + 75 games I would say over slightly. But Im not sure he will play that many mins/games so it’s hard to take that. But think Spurs are going to be damn competitive.

The sweet spot seems to be 32-34 wins who knows we might get lucky and get in the top 3 just hope the Basketball Gods bless us again next year. The thing with Wemby I know he will want to compete for Rookie of the Year so I think he gets a minimum of 20+ minutes a game. But I also know with his frame he is going to miss games I think if it happens where he doesn’t meet minimum requirements of meeting the rule to be eligible he and the Spurs will probably severely restrict his minutes and back to backs.

exstatic
07-20-2023, 04:56 PM
The sweet spot seems to be 32-34 wins who knows we might get lucky and get in the top 3 just hope the Basketball Gods bless us again next year. The thing with Wemby I know he will want to compete for Rookie of the Year so I think he gets a minimum of 20+ minutes a game. But I also know with his frame he is going to miss games I think if it happens where he doesn’t meet minimum requirements of meeting the rule to be eligible he and the Spurs will probably severely restrict his minutes and back to backs.

Portland got #3 with 33 wins last year. They were in the 5th spot, pre-lottery.

baseline bum
07-20-2023, 05:24 PM
That would be the worst result.

The Spurs will be back into mediocrity, not good enough to be a contender and not bad enough to get the top talent in the draft.

The current team will never be good enough to be a contender without adding another top level star.

One more year of experimenting with lineups and managing Wemby's minutes and seeing what the team has with the current team and not winning more than 30 games to get top PG prospect is the best result.

Need to be patient for another year of less than 30 wins for the long game of jumping into being a contender.

If Wemby can take this team over .500 at 20 years old then it would mean he had a David Robinson level rookie year and he'd be better than the hype. I'd take that in a second. Especially when the Spurs already have the picks to trade for a second star.

spurraider21
07-20-2023, 05:37 PM
If Wemby can take this team over .500 at 20 years old then it would mean he had a David Robinson level rookie year and he'd be better than the hype. I'd take that in a second. Especially when the Spurs already have the picks to trade for a second star.
theres always more variables than just the new draft pick though

for instance, robinson's rookie year was also the year the spurs acquired Terry Cummings. was also sean elliott's rookie seaosn. obviously robinson was a monster, but the roster was also better.

in wemby's case, no other notable new additions. but you also have a really young team that expects some internal improvement regardless. sochan is 20. vassell is 22. keldon is 23. zollins is 25 coming off his first real nba season since 18-19. branham is 20. there probably was some baked in expected improvement from a lot of those guys, particularly vassell/sochan who also missed a ton of time last year

baseline bum
07-20-2023, 05:53 PM
theres always more variables than just the new draft pick though

for instance, robinson's rookie year was also the year the spurs acquired Terry Cummings. was also sean elliott's rookie seaosn. obviously robinson was a monster, but the roster was also better.

Yeah I was factoring that in saying it would take a David Robinson level rookie year to get this roster over .500. David had vets like Terry Cummings and Mo Cheeks and very high end young players like Sean Elliott, Willie Anderson, and Rod Strickland, hence why they won 56 games.

in wemby's case, no other notable new additions. but you also have a really young team that expects some internal improvement regardless. sochan is 20. vassell is 22. keldon is 23. zollins is 25 coming off his first real nba season since 18-19. branham is 20. there probably was some baked in expected improvement from a lot of those guys, particularly vassell/sochan who also missed a ton of time last year

Was also factoring that in. Wemby alone isn't giving you 22+ more wins even with a Robinson level rookie season. But a legendary rookie season from Wemby would be a prerequisite for being a .500 team short of say a trade for Lillard.

spurraider21
07-20-2023, 06:05 PM
Yeah I was factoring that in saying it would take a David Robinson level rookie year to get this roster over .500. David had vets like Terry Cummings and Mo Cheeks and very high end young players like Sean Elliott, Willie Anderson, and Rod Strickland, hence why they won 56 games.

Was also factoring that in. Wemby alone isn't giving you 22+ more wins even with a Robinson level rookie season. But a legendary rookie season from Wemby would be a prerequisite for being a .500 team short of say a trade for Lillard.
gotcha. the spurs were also a 34 win team the year before. main loss was murray. would think adding wemby would have at least something close to the value of dejounte getting into his prime...

Leetonidas
07-20-2023, 06:10 PM
31 wins imo

MannyIsGod
07-20-2023, 06:49 PM
I just feel this is low. I'd take the over. Spurs are going to compete for the play in this year IMO.

tmtcsc
07-20-2023, 06:57 PM
Over. Spurs win over 40 games, probably 45 or 46. Do people not realize the Spurs tanked on purpose and sat good players for the hell of it? The only thing that makes me a little nervous is that Vegas is rarely wrong. Betting over 40 wins returns 4 x the original bet if I'm not mistaken.

Obstructed_View
07-20-2023, 07:48 PM
gotcha. the spurs were also a 34 win team the year before. main loss was murray. would think adding wemby would have at least something close to the value of dejounte getting into his prime...

Guys playing regular minutes, focusing on defense and trying to win more than makes up for that.

RC_Drunkford
07-20-2023, 08:48 PM
The defense will be so much better. We had the worst defense in NBA history last season. I‘m pretty sure Pop will bring back real defensive schemes and adding Wemby should make the Spurs a top 10 defensive team this season.

spurraider21
07-20-2023, 09:00 PM
The defense will be so much better. We had the worst defense in NBA history last season. I‘m pretty sure Pop will bring back real defensive schemes and adding Wemby should make the Spurs a top 10 defensive team this season.
also depends on whether vassell can become a good defender again

RC_Drunkford
07-21-2023, 07:39 AM
also depends on whether vassell can become a good defender again

Vassell is a good team defender and it will show. The question is his 1 on 1 defense

Joseph Kony
12-08-2023, 11:24 PM

A Western Conference that was in no way prepared to take on a pretty good but not excellent Denver team. We're seeing several teams decay before our eyes in LAL, GSW, LAC, a mess in the making in PHX, and some up-and-coming teams like MIN, SAC, OKC, and UTA.

I'd be surprised if it's not the over. The Spurs are going to be much more competitive than they were when they were when they started tanking.

Over easily

I don't see how we don't go over 30.5. Portland was low key tanking last year after the deadline, and they won 33 games, finishing with the 5th worst record. They weren't nearly as good defensively as this squad will be.

Ive got them 40+ with cash on it. I think first 7 games of last season was the true team, now add Wemby.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Barfunk
12-08-2023, 11:29 PM

To be fair to everyone including me who made similar predictions, none of us could've known the coaching would be this bad.

Most of these predictions could've actually been much closer with different coaching, to be honest.

polandprzem
12-09-2023, 10:56 AM
Season not over :D

But tbh I thought Wemby will have some positive impact on the game. To Spurs credit ... well I give them more time to blend. To me it's always somewhere in january when you know the value of the team.

rascal
12-09-2023, 02:01 PM
To be fair to everyone including me who made similar predictions, none of us could've known the coaching would be this bad.

Most of these predictions could've actually been much closer with different coaching, to be honest.

It's not all on the coaching. Pop is getting all the blame in here just like last year the Spurs were just tanking and were really so much better most in here believe.

But the talent level of the team isn't as good as most thought. The real problem is the overall talent level of the team. The front office including Pop who put this team together is to blame.

How they thought they could go into the season without a good starting quality PG and be competitive is on the front office.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-09-2023, 03:47 PM
Vegas always knows. Always.

Barfunk
12-09-2023, 04:26 PM
It's not all on the coaching. Pop is getting all the blame in here just like last year the Spurs were just tanking and were really so much better most in here believe.

But the talent level of the team isn't as good as most thought. The real problem is the overall talent level of the team. The front office including Pop who put this team together is to blame.

How they thought they could go into the season without a good starting quality PG and be competitive is on the front office.

Amidst all the doom and gloom lately, I actually think the young core of Wemby, Vassell, Sochan, and Johnson will be a perennial playoff team eventually. Russ and Durant in OKC also had a terrible record before they become a postseason regular.

Doesn't change that we still need a talented PG, and the best we have right now is Tre Jones which obviously isn't going to cut it. So yeah, we still need more talent.

KobesAchilles
12-09-2023, 06:27 PM
Amidst all the doom and gloom lately, I actually think the young core of Wemby, Vassell, Sochan, and Johnson will be a perennial playoff team eventually. Russ and Durant in OKC also had a terrible record before they become a postseason regular.

Doesn't change that we still need a talented PG, and the best we have right now is Tre Jones which obviously isn't going to cut it. So yeah, we still need more talent.
Wtf? Yeah Russ is an mvp and so is Durant. KJ and Sochan will never be at that level. Ever. Also Vassell will be a good 3rd option on a team but he won’t be Harden good. Theres a higher possibility that KJ and Sochan will
be gone at this point tbh than them being perennial playoff team.

Barfunk
12-09-2023, 08:52 PM
Wtf? Yeah Russ is an mvp and so is Durant. KJ and Sochan will never be at that level. Ever. Also Vassell will be a good 3rd option on a team but he won’t be Harden good. Theres a higher possibility that KJ and Sochan will

Well he have Wemby. If we sack Pop eventually and get a better coach, this core is giving me perennial playoff team vibes. No way to know right now of course.

Barfunk
12-09-2023, 08:54 PM

In other words, the visions this core is giving me is that they will be terrible for a bit, but end up coming into their own eventually and make the playoffs consistently, with Wemby at the helm. I could be wrong of course, and yeah there's a possibility KJ and Sochan don't make the cut. Would love to see this core succeed though.

MannyIsGod
12-09-2023, 09:18 PM
I just feel this is low. I'd take the over. Spurs are going to compete for the play in this year IMO.

Lmao dumbass

rascal
12-09-2023, 09:45 PM
In other words, the visions this core is giving me is that they will be terrible for a bit, but end up coming into their own eventually and make the playoffs consistently, with Wemby at the helm. I could be wrong of course, and yeah there's a possibility KJ and Sochan don't make the cut. Would love to see this core succeed though.

People here get too attached to the current players. I'm not high on anyone outside of Wemby.

Many will and need to be replaced with better options as the Spurs have many future draft picks to do that.

GAustex
12-09-2023, 10:23 PM
Under

slick'81
12-09-2023, 10:38 PM
Lmao dumbass

I actually thought the spurs might improve as well:lol

GAustex
12-09-2023, 10:40 PM
I knew
They suck and the coach sucks and the tall guy is weak and weak minded

offset formation
12-09-2023, 10:55 PM
Lmao dumbass

No need to beat yourself up too much. We were almost all right there with you. It's why I started that other thread. At least we have an idea of what we are and as such we can all be far more realistic. After all, the last two times we had the #1, we took huge win strides over the previous year.

And reality is that we simply don't have a good roster that wants to compete defensively night in and night out.

KJ needs to go. Among others but he's the worst violator of shitty defensive effort most every game.

rascal
12-09-2023, 10:58 PM

That will never be a playoff team as the core top players unless you add a couple of all star caliber players and push a couple of those guys to the bench.

SpursWoman
12-10-2023, 10:23 AM
Lmao dumbass

Lmao. Why do I feel like even hitting 15 will be an accomplishment?

ambchang
12-11-2023, 12:22 PM

Classh:lolle

MultiTroll
12-11-2023, 12:38 PM
Lmao. Why do I feel like even hitting 15 will be an accomplishment?
Exactly.
What kind of a run would have to be put on to get to 31 wins?
If Spurs played .500 would that even do it? (Not gonna happen i'm just saying.)

61 games remaining
3 wins so far = 28 more needed.

Hey they could go sub .500 and still make it!
28-33 the rest of the way would = 31 wins.

Ya it's money gone :lol :depressed

GAustex
12-11-2023, 01:35 PM
Should have taken the under

CorrectCrusader
12-11-2023, 03:31 PM
Nobody expected another obvious tank job. We expected a Tre Jones starting lineup.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-12-2023, 05:18 AM
What a disaster this season has been.

exstatic
12-12-2023, 07:17 AM
What a disaster this season has been.

We keep losing. Toronto keeps losing. How is that a disaster? R/N, we have picks 9 and 2.

kxs783kms
12-12-2023, 07:51 AM
We keep losing. Toronto keeps losing. How is that a disaster? R/N, we have picks 9 and 2.

Detroit thought they would get the #1 pick and we see how that turned out. No guarantee that those will be our picks, no matter how much us and TOR suck.

GAustex
12-12-2023, 09:22 AM
Poop gets the best generational talent in a decade and they get worse

exstatic
12-12-2023, 09:34 AM
Detroit thought they would get the #1 pick and we see how that turned out. No guarantee that those will be our picks, no matter how much us and TOR suck.

No, there isn't, but it's better than Toronto sitting atop the East now, isn't it? You set things up the best you can, and then roll with what you get.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-12-2023, 05:29 PM

I think you have to build a culture of winning. If winning two handfuls of games this year is truly the grand plan, then I’ll accept what you’re saying. But losing the way this team is losing can’t be good for the psyche of these young guys.

It’s a wasted year. Wemby, barring a miracle, won’t be ROY, which I know was a goal of his. Hit that Vegas prediction of 30 or so wins, and be competitive in the losses, and you have a constructive learning experience and a young team with confidence in the future. We’re committing to being at least 2 years away from that stage, and so at least 4 years away from being able to compete for anything significant.

I think the league has evolved in a way that you have to be opportunistic and adopt a shorter timeline on improvement. Planning 5 years into the future is incredibly risky.

Maybe it will all work out and we’ll be hanging a couple more championship banners in 2029 and 2030. I hope Pop and the FO prove I wasn’t cut out to be an NBA general manager or president of basketball operations. :lol

Pop’s earned the right to prove the doubters wrong, so I’ll sit tight and merely complain in here.:lol

DesignatedT
12-12-2023, 05:51 PM
I doubt there's more than a handful of guys on the current roster who will actually be part of the "wemby plan" into the future. I don't think anyone saw a 16 game losing streak coming but most realistic people saw the writing on the wall that this was going to be another rough year with a bad roster on paper. Aside from reeling off a couple more wins here and there so the media scrutiny isn't so high, I think this season has been pretty perfect for Wemby's long-term development. He's quickly figuring out what he can and cannot do and is leading the team in FGA. He's obviously growing quickly and while it may seem the Spurs are playing the "long-game"; I believe a season like this is actually going to accelerate Wemby's development.

Now what Pop has done to Sochan is inexcusable.

exstatic
12-12-2023, 05:57 PM
I think you have to build a culture of winning. If winning two handfuls of games this year is truly the grand plan, then I’ll accept what you’re saying. But losing the way this team is losing can’t be good for the psyche of these young guys.

It’s a wasted year. Wemby, barring a miracle, won’t be ROY, which I know was a goal of his. Hit that Vegas prediction of 30 or so wins, and be competitive in the losses, and you have a constructive learning experience and a young team with confidence in the future. We’re committing to being at least 2 years away from that stage, and so at least 4 years away from being able to compete for anything significant.

I think the league has evolved in a way that you have to be opportunistic and adopt a shorter timeline on improvement. Planning 5 years into the future is incredibly risky.

Maybe it will all work out and we’ll be hanging a couple more championship banners in 2029 and 2030. I hope Pop and the FO prove I wasn’t cut out to be an NBA general manager or president of basketball operations. :lol

Pop’s earned the right to prove the doubters wrong, so I’ll sit tight and merely complain in here.:lol

Doesn't seem to have hurt OKC to have two awful 20ish win years, even with SGA on the roster. They snapped out of it last year with 40 wins, and he made All NBA. This year, they're 2nd in the West. We're two years behind them.

20 < you are here

contending < OKC is here

exstatic
12-12-2023, 06:06 PM
I doubt there's more than a handful of guys on the current roster who will actually be part of the "wemby plan" into the future. I don't think anyone saw a 16 game losing streak coming but most realistic people saw the writing on the wall that this was going to be another rough year with a bad roster on paper. Aside from reeling off a couple more wins here and there so the media scrutiny isn't so high, I think this season has been pretty perfect for Wemby's long-term development. He's quickly figuring out what he can and cannot do and is leading the team in FGA. He's obviously growing quickly and while it may seem the Spurs are playing the "long-game"; I believe a season like this is actually going to accelerate Wemby's development.

Now what Pop has done to Sochan is inexcusable.

I think anyone who signed a one or two year contract, or extension, or more years but only one or two guaranteed is HIGHLY likely to cycle out, especially with the boatload of FRPs coming up. Looking at you Mamu, Tre, Charles, Julian, Zach.

GAustex
04-14-2024, 08:52 PM
Some doozies in this thread

NASpurs
04-14-2024, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure how you can add one of the best #1 picks in years, a guy who will at least be a really good defensive anchor, have two good rookies move into their second years, get a healthy Devin Vassell, have a solid Collins instead of a listless Poeltl, play defense and be competitive instead of stealth tanking, and... somehow only win eight more games than last year? Doesn't make sense.

:lol

itzsoweezee
04-14-2024, 09:15 PM
and the tall guy is weak and weak minded

Wow, didn’t know we had one of these guys on here

scott
04-14-2024, 09:44 PM
Good thing the vast majority of people likely didn’t place any wagers.

Pretty much every expected better, but my favorite are the Sniffers who now tell us it was obvious that we would have another tank year were all in here predicting the over. Rationalization is a hell of a drug.

MultiTroll
04-14-2024, 10:04 PM
Good thing the vast majority of people likely didn’t place any wagers.
I did the sure thing 1G on Wemby for ROY.

But did get caught up in the sniffing. I thought the FO and ownership had finally put a stop to Pops dictorial downer path when they did the right thing and tanked last year.
Took Pops word for it when he said (what you quoted-posted) 'It's not about developing anymore it's time to win this season' -paraphrase.

Fool me once, shame on you Pop.
Fool me 700 times, shame on me.
Oops.

Fizziksman
04-14-2024, 10:12 PM
if not for the Sochan experiment the team clears that easily.

rascal
04-14-2024, 10:28 PM

So you think they were a .500 team the first 18 games of the season? Sochan experiment lasted 18 games.

Thee was another problem with Collins at center early in the season.

baseline bum
04-14-2024, 11:03 PM

If not for the Sochan PG then the Bran Ham PG experiments then probably so.

baseline bum
04-14-2024, 11:04 PM
So you think they were a .500 team the first 18 games of the season? Sochan experiment lasted 18 games.

Thee was another problem with Collins at center early in the season.

The Bran Ham PG experiment was somehow even worse.

Ice009
04-22-2024, 08:23 AM
Sorry to bring this thread back up to the top of the page, not sure where to ask this question (I do have NBA League Pass and have had it for years) - I've been trying to go back and watch games from about a month ago as I just couldn't watch the games live or within a day or two like I normally would when I miss them live, so I sort of fell back and couldn't catch up due to Easter being busy. Anyway, I am pretty sure it's an issue with NBA League Pass as I contacted them about it a couple of seasons ago when I was trying to watch archived games then too, I get constant buffering and the games are unwatchable because of it (no idea why as live games are fine and games for within the last couple of days). The issue is on their end IMO, but they tell me it's not. Anyway, I don't have the time, or care to do their waste of time trouble shooting (I have a more than fast enough internet connection and none of my other paid for streaming services have this buffering issue) like last time for no result. I also had my ISP look into it, but they couldn't find any issues (I don't think the problem is with my ISP or on my end), however, I am going to try a different ISP out in a week or two for a trial run, so that way I can eliminate it as an issue with my ISP.

I recall someone posting up a link earlier in this season to a website that has games you can watch from earlier/throughout the season (not sure if it had games for the whole regular season), so I was wondering anyone would be able to PM me some links. As mentioned, I do actually have league pass so I'm not looking for free access, but the darn thing doesn't allow me to watch the archived Spurs games without buffering. I haven't tried watching other team's archived games, but don't really care if they work as I only want to watch the Spurs games. It's just that the archived Spurs games always buffer and I can't watch them like that. I've tried all quality levels and it happens even on 540p (not interested in going any lower).

wildbill2u
04-29-2024, 10:25 AM
Sorry to bring this thread back to Vegas handicappers, but those guys are pretty good at what they do, eh? Maybe ST fans ought to keep the Vegas numbers in mind when posting our amateur opinions about the status of the team. Just sayin'.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2024, 12:30 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back to Vegas handicappers, but those guys are pretty good at what they do, eh? Maybe ST fans ought to keep the Vegas numbers in mind when posting our amateur opinions about the status of the team. Just sayin'.

Well, they aren't perfect. They gave me 20:1 odds for Victor to lead the league in blocks this year. That was a nice $1000 payout, thanks Vegas!

ambchang
04-29-2024, 01:45 PM

If they were good at what they do, the O/U would have been 21.5

R. DeMurre
04-30-2024, 12:03 AM
If Pop just starts Tre Jones at PG all year, the 30.5 win estimate is a pretty good guess. The Sochan Experiment in my opinion had dual goals: to diversify Jeremy's game, and to decrease the number of wins, i.e., to tank. In that sense, it can be called a success.

Joseph Kony
04-30-2024, 09:46 AM

:lmao what an idiot. and this guy thinks anyone should take him and his horrendous takes seriously rofl

inb4 "spurs were tanking" for a meh prospect in a historically weak draft

baseline bum
04-30-2024, 12:50 PM
:lmao what an idiot. and this guy thinks anyone should take him and his horrendous takes seriously rofl

inb4 "spurs were tanking" for a meh prospect in a historically weak draft

Wow this is literally the best western conference we have ever seen in the NBA :lol

The fucking 10 seed won 46 games and is two years removed from a title :lol

JPB
04-30-2024, 01:02 PM
If Pop just starts Tre Jones at PG all year, the 30.5 win estimate is a pretty good guess. The Sochan Experiment in my opinion had dual goals: to diversify Jeremy's game, and to decrease the number of wins, i.e., to tank. In that sense, it can be called a success.

Nah,

they really thought Sochan could be long term solution at PG (and were terribly wrong) and really wanted to win They just badly overrated not only Jeremy but the whole roster, like we all did. And it's not just about the wins/losses but the quality of play, individually and collectively, plus the limits some players have shown.

ambchang
04-30-2024, 02:15 PM
Wow this is literally the best western conference we have ever seen in the NBA :lol

The fucking 10 seed won 46 games and is two years removed from a title :lol

I'd say it is the West with the most parity ever. I don't know if teams like OKC, Nuggets and Wolves being these all time great teams where it is the best ever, it's just really flat for the top 8 to 10 teams.