PDA

View Full Version : Shipping containers to house homeless people in San Diego neighborhood

ducks
07-19-2023, 11:01 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/shipping-containers-to-house-homeless-people-in-san-diego-neighborhood/ar-AA1dYkWt

clambake
07-19-2023, 11:36 AM
I’ve seen some amazing container homes

SnakeBoy
07-19-2023, 12:07 PM
Only cost $582,000 per home. Good job Cali.

FlAVaK
07-19-2023, 04:07 PM
Do you live under a stone or behind the moon?

Container homes are a common thing these days...

CosmicCowboy
07-19-2023, 06:17 PM

Yep. Would have loved to have that contract.

Tyronn Lue
07-19-2023, 06:32 PM
They had a huge shipping container in the apt parking lot the other day for construction tools I suppose. A few of those stacked and side by side would make a nice dwelling.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2023, 06:40 PM

Tell me you've never lived in California without telling me you've never lived in California.

koriwhat
07-19-2023, 07:28 PM
Great idea! Once inside weld the doors shut and throw those losers into the ocean. :tu

FrostKing
07-20-2023, 02:57 AM
Hardworking middle class folks are forced to leave San Diego everyday. Why do poor people need to live in SD? Cheaper and more effective long term solution would be helping fund their bus ticket to surrounding states like Arizona where living costs are lower.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2023, 01:13 PM
Hardworking middle class folks are forced to leave San Diego everyday. Why do poor people need to live in SD? Cheaper and more effective long term solution would be helping fund their bus ticket to surrounding states like Arizona where living costs are lower.

Then what?

FrostKing
07-20-2023, 01:18 PM
Then what?
They can apply for work at Burger King while living rent free at a Homeless shelter.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2023, 01:23 PM
They can apply for work at Burger King while living rent free at a Homeless shelter.

Is that how homelessness works? Do you do placement work with them?

Spurminator
07-20-2023, 08:20 PM
Is that how homelessness works? Do you do placement work with them?

Obviously if they would just land a cushy Burger King job they could afford California rent.

FrostKing
07-20-2023, 09:02 PM
Obviously if they would just land a cushy Burger King job they could afford California rent.
California has one of the highest average rents in the USA. They need to leave if they can't financially support themselves and make room for Americans that can.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-20-2023, 09:46 PM
California has one of the highest average rents in the USA. They need to leave if they can't financially support themselves and make room for Americans that can.

Ahh yes social darwinism. given your beliefs you should have killed yourself in prison. save the state from having to play for your crimes.

Spurminator
07-20-2023, 10:53 PM

That's a great idea, they should get a cushy Burger King job while remaining homeless so they can save up money to like, take a bus or something to Arizona and look around for an affordable apartment (after finding another cushy BK job or something like that.) You should be a life coach.

FrostKing
07-20-2023, 11:39 PM
Imagine being a grown adult that still thinks like a child.

No one has to live by the beach in one of the most expensive areas of the Country. And damn well not before hardworking middle class Americans.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-20-2023, 11:43 PM

No one has to live by the beach in one of the most expensive areas of the Country. And damn well not before hardworking middle class Americans.

Imagine defending social darwinism with maturity smack. Problem is what social darwinism means for a person like you that is an admitted criminal. As such you should consider yourself unfit for society.

FrostKing
07-20-2023, 11:45 PM
Imagine defending social darwinism with maturity smack. Problem is what social darwinism means for a person like you that is an admitted criminal. As such you should consider yourself unfit for society.
I said in my OP they should be financially helped to relocate to surrounding states with lower costs of living. Win-Win for everyone.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-20-2023, 11:46 PM
I said in my OP they should be financially helped to relocate to surrounding states with lower costs of living. Win-Win for everyone.

No, you didn't. You're an admitted criminal. Why are you still here?

HemisfairArena
07-21-2023, 01:41 AM
the democrats version of a trailer,,,,so how are democrats gonna make fun of republicans living in trailer parks when democrats are starting to live in containers?,,,,

Tyronn Lue
07-21-2023, 02:25 AM

No imagination needed, plenty of examples on this forum.

Tyronn Lue
07-21-2023, 02:31 AM
Since the state is paying, how would going to a state with fewer resources (lower cost of living) be better? If that lower cost of living state had the means, they'd be doing it.

ElNono
07-21-2023, 05:40 AM
I don't care where you are, there's no way that costs half a million per... somebody is doing some serious pocket padding...

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2023, 09:13 AM
I don't care where you are, there's no way that costs half a million per... somebody is doing some serious pocket padding...

exactly. Shipping containers are practically free on the west coast because we get so many more in from China etc. than are reused to ship stuff out.

FrostKing
07-21-2023, 11:36 AM
No, you didn't. You're an admitted criminal. Why are you still here?
Settle down child.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-21-2023, 02:23 PM
Settle down child.

I guess you are making up emotional dispositions to make yourself feel better. You are the guy when confronted in this case was to just lie.

Child is as child does.

You're a social darwinist criminal. It's profoundly hypocritical.