PDA

View Full Version : 6-2

Rummpd
12-03-2005, 11:12 AM
The Spurs in many person's eyes (including my own) have not been that impressive on some nights, but I doubt they ever started 6 and 2 on the road before. Quietly, this has been an impressive feat and it portends well for the team as they bring it together in their usual fashion as the season unfolds.

Last year the Spurs were a mundane road team, if they keep this up or even maintain say winning 2/3 of the road (0.667); those of us who predicted 64+ win season will be right on.

boutons
12-03-2005, 11:44 AM
The effort on both ends of the Mavs W was highly encouraging,
actually fricking wonderful,
esp Tony putting the team on his shoulders when Tim was neutralized/sucking and Manu sitting,
the execution in crunch time (esp hitting FTs after horrendous earlier FT shooting) was beautiful,
the Champs finally playing playoff/Championship-level basketball.

12/3 overall is a season rate of 66/16.

Joepa
12-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Impressive that we beat the second best team in the west without our all-star two guard (Manu) on the road.

And all the commentators say we haven't turned it on yet.

Uh Oh!

T Park
12-03-2005, 12:07 PM
To be fair the Mavericks didn't have their second best player either.

Josh Howard would've made a big difference

T Park
12-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Kinda like a hot chic not wearing make-up because she doesn't fucking have to.

Hahaha

good analogy.

Brutalis
12-03-2005, 05:44 PM
I forget what I predicted. I think 63.

smeagol
12-03-2005, 11:48 PM
To be fair the Mavericks didn't have their second best player either.

Josh Howard would've made a big difference
Howard is averaging 15.1 ppg, exactly the same as Manu, who by the way did not play either. I say that was a wash.

bigbendbruisebrother
12-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Howard is averaging 15.1 ppg, exactly the same as Manu, who by the way did not play either. I say that was a wash.

A wash it may have been, but it was an important one. The Mavs had beaten the Spurs twice in a row, and SA needed to put them back in their place.

The game reminded me of how the Spurs won most games in the second half of last season; they had to work for it and they had to play with new guys filling in for an injured guy. I agree with the Doc. This start is impressive and bodes well for the Spurs chances to repeat.