PDA

View Full Version : Crazy how everyone got real busy in 2015 ...

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-23-2023, 11:56 PM
... and then finally got some free time to spread their advanced basketball knowledge starting in May 2023

missed ya'll tbh :bobo

CorrectCrusader
07-24-2023, 10:38 AM
Real ones watched Bryn Forbes start

RC_Drunkford
07-24-2023, 03:25 PM
Real ones watched Bryn Forbes start

man I really hated Pop for that...

Leetonidas
07-24-2023, 03:28 PM
Fake fans tbh. The real ones never left.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-24-2023, 03:50 PM
Having summer league game threads with 10 times the views and comments of last year's regular season games is pretty funny.

spurraider21
07-24-2023, 03:53 PM
Having summer league game threads with 10 times the views and comments of last year's regular season games is pretty funny.
spurs pistons 2OT game had 18 pages. was definitely the most fun game of the year imo. not sure if there were any longer game threads. there definitely were plenty that had less than 5 pages

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301506

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-24-2023, 03:53 PM
man I really hated Pop for that...

That took strong intestinal fortitude.

lefty20
07-24-2023, 04:08 PM
spurs pistons 2OT game had 18 pages. was definitely the most fun game of the year imo. not sure if there were any longer game threads. there definitely were plenty that had less than 5 pages

There were a few games where we barely made to page 2. 'Twas a sad state of affairs.

Per aspera ad astra! lfg

ambchang
07-24-2023, 05:10 PM
It was more a “nothing to really talk about” thing last year. I mean, especially after sochan was pulled, what were we supposed to comment on? We lost again because we can’t defend a traffic cone on a skateboard?

SPURt
07-24-2023, 06:30 PM
Props to timvp for doing the game grades through last year btw. It was hard to watch.

R. DeMurre
07-24-2023, 06:39 PM
To be fair, what's there to say in a tanking year-- yay, we lost again?

playblair
07-24-2023, 06:46 PM
derozan was boring..........

SpursWoman
07-24-2023, 06:49 PM
We may not have posted, but we never missed a game.

Our (losing) game threads:

SW: Damn, they might actually win this one
User: We're tanking, we don't want them to win
SW: Oh shit, that's right. This is hard to watch.
User: Good, they lost
SW: That was close. Whew.

X 60 :spin

spurraider21
07-24-2023, 06:53 PM
Props to timvp for doing the game grades through last year btw. It was hard to watch.
i watched probably like 2/3 of the games. but definitely not with the attention required to give everybody grades. and some games had me checking out at or before halftime. major props to timvp

DAF86
07-24-2023, 08:29 PM
Up untill 2018 the board was pretty busy, tbh.

timtonymanu
07-24-2023, 08:58 PM
derozan was boring..........

Derozan and Aldridge ball. My god they said the Spurs were boring during the Duncan era but never has a duo been more boring to watch than when those two played together.

timtonymanu
07-24-2023, 09:01 PM
There should be a challenge to see if anyone can answer which 5 players started the most games for the Spurs last year. I couldn’t even tell you.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-24-2023, 10:05 PM
We may not have posted, but we never missed a game.

Our (losing) game threads:

SW: Damn, they might actually win this one
User: We're tanking, we don't want them to win
SW: Oh shit, that's right. This is hard to watch.
User: Good, they lost
SW: That was close. Whew.

X 60 :spin

:lol

That was my son and I. Conflicting feelings for sure.

DAF86
07-24-2023, 11:34 PM
There should be a challenge to see if anyone can answer which 5 players started the most games for the Spurs last year. I couldn’t even tell you.

Off the top of my head: Tre, Keldon, Sochan for sure. KBP probably too. The 5th must be either Brahnam or Poeltl.

timtonymanu
07-24-2023, 11:47 PM
Off the top of my head: Tre, Keldon, Sochan for sure. KBP probably too. The 5th must be either Brahnam or Poeltl.

Looked it up and you were close.

Tre - 68
Keldon - 63
Sochan - 53
Poeltl - 46
KBD - 42

slick'81
07-25-2023, 08:45 AM
Looked it up and you were close.

Tre - 68
Keldon - 63
Sochan - 53
Poeltl - 46
KBD - 42

and theres our 22 wins

Mugen
07-25-2023, 02:07 PM
If you haven't been here to shit on PATFO constantly the last 8 years, I don't consider you a true fan tbh :lol

spurraider21
07-25-2023, 02:29 PM
If you haven't been here to shit on PATFO constantly the last 8 years, I don't consider you a true fan tbh :lol
50 mills

KingKev
07-25-2023, 02:32 PM
​

haha this…. Last 12-18 months they finally got their heads out of their own asses.

Most of these fans should stay retired.

Donald Sterling.
07-25-2023, 03:11 PM
99% of the posters here are post-Duncan fans. Therefore, most of you are bandwagoners. Regardless if you stayed through the recent lottery seasons.

BacktoBasics
07-25-2023, 03:14 PM
99% of the posters here are post-Duncan fans. Therefore, most of you are bandwagoners. Regardless if you stayed through the recent lottery seasons.

You gonna hide behind this alt like a bitch all day?

heyheymymy
07-25-2023, 08:17 PM

What an epic thread.

There were some game threads last season where I was triple posting. Felt like I was talking to myself lol. Crazy to see such a huge thread but that double OT game was like the championship game of the NBA draft I say.

ismael-robert
07-25-2023, 08:21 PM
​

haha this…. Last 12-18 months they finally got their heads out of their own asses.

Most of these fans should stay retired.

Says guy who joined less than 5 years ago

spurraider21
07-25-2023, 08:25 PM
What an epic thread.

There were some game threads last season where I was triple posting. Felt like I was talking to myself lol. Crazy to see such a huge thread but that double OT game was like the championship game of the NBA draft I say.
spurs starting lineup that game:

Wesley
Branhan
Bates-Diop
Roby
Collins

wowza

Obstructed_View
07-25-2023, 10:37 PM
Last year was the most enjoyable season to watch the Spurs since Timmy hung em up.

DAF86
07-25-2023, 11:41 PM

Fuck anyone born after 99, tbh.

spurraider21
07-25-2023, 11:48 PM
Fuck anyone born after 99, tbh.
Except wemby

MI21
07-26-2023, 12:27 AM
spurs starting lineup that game:

Wesley
Branhan
Bates-Diop
Roby
Collins

wowza

This sort of shit is why, with motivation to win and just league average health, the Spurs would have been have been 8-10 wins better last season, IMO. That's a disgraceful lineup :lol

DrSteffo
07-26-2023, 04:34 AM
If you compare fans of NBA teams to fans of let's say Millwall or Juventus in football ("soccer") or even Panathinaikos or Olympiakos basketball fans, NBA fans are soft, lazy and uncommitted barbie doll kind of fans. In Europe you have to to literally have bled for your team to be considered hardcore (and be member of a firm). No need to use violence but I wish NBA fans would at least learn to chant and sing like real fans should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWrSw3X8TRs&t=294s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-dWgt6cj1o

CGD
07-26-2023, 06:29 AM
That Patty-DDR-LMA “big three” era was brutal on the eyes lol.

DrSteffo
07-26-2023, 06:50 AM
I watched some games where they had some rubber things which u were supposed to clap together to make a rubber sound? So stupid and embarrassing. Wake up and learn America. We have good accountant fans who knows about trade exceptions and the nuances of the salary cap (but less than the people who make the actual decsions). Do we have any real hard core fans who are gong to bring the fireworks and chants to games or just clap rubber things together and be lame? Wemby is not used to lame fans.

Ninja Roach
07-26-2023, 08:36 AM
That Patty-DDR-LMA “big three” era was brutal on the eyes lol.

To go from the efficiency of the real big 3 to the latter iso-balling, long 2 shooting, avoid contact at all cost abomination was cruel and unusual punishment. It was much more enjoyable watching the young fellas try and fail the last year.

This is why the basketball gods gifted us Wemby. The universe had to become balanced again.

CorrectCrusader
07-26-2023, 09:00 AM
I watched some games where they had some rubber things which u were supposed to clap together to make a rubber sound? So stupid and embarrassing. Wake up and learn America. We have good accountant fans who knows about trade exceptions and the nuances of the salary cap (but less than the people who make the actual decsions). Do we have any real hard core fans who are gong to bring the fireworks and chants to games or just clap rubber things together and be lame? Wemby is not used to lame fans.

I have such fond memories driving my parents crazy on the way home from spurs games with those things.

thiste
07-26-2023, 09:46 AM
I'll admit it.

Kinda stopped posting in August of 2018, then posted once during the 2021 Olympics, then started posting again in October of 2022 at the time of the Vegas Wemby-Scoot games. I had seen Wemby play live with Mets 92 in September of that year. Here's to a whole season wishing the Basketball Gods would allow Wemby to come to the Spurs, thinking I was stupid for how unlikely it actually was. May 16th, 2023 will remain one of the greatest days of my sports fan's life.

Well, here we are now :)

couchman
07-26-2023, 12:51 PM
There's a difference between being a fan in the stands, a fan watching on tv, and a fan posting on a message board.
I've never stopped watching all of the games and attending some, but posting on message boards is not something I do when my team is stuck.
Only when we finally committed to a rebuild was I interested in posting here again.

itzsoweezee
07-27-2023, 03:38 PM
I can’t blame people for being absent during the Demar period. Those were very dark days — terrible play and a rudderless front office, with no hopes for improvement on the horizon

exstatic
07-27-2023, 03:46 PM
I can’t blame people for being absent during the Demar period. Those were very dark days — terrible play and a rudderless front office, with no hopes for improvement on the horizon

Dark days is Sacto missing the playoffs for 17 straight seasons. Perhaps a bit of perspective is in order.

Supposedly, they had had eyes on Wemby for quite a while, maybe 5-6 years. Maybe they didn't WANT to be too good so they had a chance to get him.

scott
07-27-2023, 05:04 PM
There's a difference between being a fan in the stands, a fan watching on tv, and a fan posting on a message board.
I've never stopped watching all of the games and attending some, but posting on message boards is not something I do when my team is stuck.
Only when we finally committed to a rebuild was I interested in posting here again.

Being able to endure this specific message board is the sign of true fandom, I equate it with burning a cop car for the team. The ST.com members who have stuck it out are the epitome of loyalty.