PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi is "above the law" during Clippers practice

spursparker9
08-08-2023, 02:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPkoyy9nZ58

There is a rule whereby you have to run extra if you airball. But Nephew is having none of that :lol

widowmaker
08-08-2023, 04:08 AM
That’s because he cant run. Hell be out for the season 15 games after it starts.

Spurs Homer
08-08-2023, 10:58 AM
Man fuck that piece of shit

this is a SPURS forum

rjv
08-08-2023, 11:21 AM
yeah, can we please move past that clown now?

Knoxxx
08-08-2023, 09:00 PM
So we got Keldon, Branham, two more upcoming 1st rounders and I don’t think it’s even feasible to count how many 2nd rounders for him. Setting aside the tank and Wemby, does anyone have the accurate tally of players and picks we ultimately converted him for?

CGD
08-08-2023, 09:21 PM
So we got Keldon, Branham, two more upcoming 1st rounders and I don’t think it’s even feasible to count how many 2nd rounders for him. Setting aside the tank and Wemby, does anyone have the accurate tally of players and picks we ultimately converted him for?

By my count, Kawhi (actually George Hill) has turned into:

Keldon
Berch
Branham
Cissoko

2024 FRP TOR (light protection)
2024 SRP LAL
2025 FRP CHI (light protection)
2025 SRP CHI
2025 SRP TOR

Obviously can’t ignore that Spurs had to eat contracts and also gave up Danny. Issues that have been extensively litigated on this board already, but the above I *think* capture the current picture.

On its face it’s still kinda “meh” until we see where the FRPs picks land, though, it’s fair to say that Leonard’s injury history has to be factored in too.

Knoxxx
08-08-2023, 10:20 PM
By my count, Kawhi (actually George Hill) has turned into:

Keldon
Berch
Branham
Cissoko

2024 FRP TOR (light protection)
2024 SRP LAL
2025 FRP CHI (light protection)
2025 SRP CHI
2025 SRP TOR

Obviously can’t ignore that Spurs had to eat contracts and also gave up Danny. Issues that have been extensively litigated on this board already, but the above I *think* capture the current picture.

On its face it’s still kinda “meh” until we see where the FRPs picks land, though, it’s fair to say that Leonard’s injury history has to be factored in too.

That’s right I forgot Cissoko. Well Green is 36 now and like you said I was sure it had been well litigated. But once I saw more drama from Kawhi and to think if he stayed how that may have played out I certainly like where we are at present.

Thanks for the recap I appreciate ya!

MarCowMar
08-09-2023, 02:08 AM
His teammates seem to love him. That makes it extremely disappointing he ended up on the outside here.

buttsR4rebounding
08-09-2023, 04:44 AM
I don’t think Pop had Tim running extra. Who cares? This thread is a waste of space.

Dex
08-09-2023, 07:46 AM

As it should be, Spurs saw that bullet coming a mile away and did their best to dodge it.

We can all debate until the cows come home about whether they got best value for Kawhi, but I'm also glad the Spurs aren't the ones paying max (or super-max) money for a player who has missed 45% of regular season games since he left and is constantly injured in the playoffs.

That's also not counting his last season with the Spurs where he played a whopping 9 games and completely bitched out on his team.

lefty
08-09-2023, 09:38 AM
Spurs legend tbh

spursparker9
08-09-2023, 09:42 AM
He is free agent after next season....just saying....:smokin

lefty
08-09-2023, 12:51 PM
He is free agent after next season....just saying....:smokin
Let's do it

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-09-2023, 12:53 PM
He’s above the law on game days too, playing whenever he wants. Why should practice any different?

spurs10
08-09-2023, 01:24 PM
As it should be, Spurs saw that bullet coming a mile away and did their best to dodge it.

We can all debate until the cows come about whether they got best value for Kawhi, but I'm also glad the Spurs aren't the ones paying max (or super-max) money for a player who has missed 45% of regular season games since he left and is constantly injured in the playoffs....not to mention his last season with the Spurs where he played a whopping 9 games. Yeah it would be sad paying him millions not to play. I wonder if they'll wise up and not resign him.

ambchang
08-09-2023, 01:32 PM
That’s why he’s not a leader.

stnick2261
08-09-2023, 02:10 PM
He’s just following the good advise of “practice with the same intensity as you would a game”.

Dex
08-09-2023, 05:39 PM
Yeah it would be sad paying him millions not to play. I wonder if they'll wise up and not resign him.

After what he pulled, pretty sure Spurs wouldn't touch that with a 100-foot pole

spurraider21
08-09-2023, 05:40 PM
That’s why he’s not a leader.
he led the raptors to an nba championship and won finals mvp

lefty20
08-09-2023, 05:50 PM

Are you saying that the best player automatically means leader?

Lowry was the leader of that Raps team. Ask Raptors fans if you don't believe me.

And honestly Manu was more of a leader on that Spurs team that got Zaza'd than Kawhi, tbh.

ismael-robert
08-09-2023, 08:58 PM
I'll take him for vet min or some mid level exception

ambchang
08-09-2023, 09:34 PM

And?

spurraider21
08-10-2023, 09:28 AM
And?
Oh. You said he’s not a leader and i responded saying he led a team to a championship. Didn’t think it warranted any elaboration

exstatic
08-10-2023, 09:44 AM
Oh. You said he’s not a leader and i responded saying he led a team to a championship. Didn’t think it warranted any elaboration

That has already been debunked. Lowry was the leader of that team.

spurraider21
08-10-2023, 11:39 AM
That has already been debunked. Lowry was the leader of that team.
its an attempted rebuttal, not a "debunking". i reject the premise that lowry was the leader of the team. lowry might have had a more vocal leadership role (anybody is more vocal than kawhi) but thats not the only form of leadership

when the chips were down, the team looked to him and relied on him. he never lost composure, set the tone, played through injury in those playoffs, and the team feeds off that kind of stuff

Adam21
08-10-2023, 11:46 AM
Pretty wild how after 2019 he hasn't done anything. 4 years of his prime just wasted lol

CGD
08-10-2023, 11:54 AM
Pretty wild how after 2019 he hasn't done anything. 4 years of his prime just wasted lol

It sure feels that way, especially with all the load management bullshit during the regular season. But in fairness, in the 26 playoff games he has played as a Clipper he had been DOMINANT before, of course, falling to injury.

Adam21
08-10-2023, 12:08 PM
It sure feels that way, especially with all the load management bullshit during the regular season. But in fairness, in the 26 playoff games he has played as a Clipper he had been DOMINANT before, of course, falling to injury.

I'm not even hating on the guy, I think he could have been top 10 all time if he didn't act up. Being dominant in 20% of scheduled games doesn't mean anything. The real question is, how bad are the Clippers going to be next season? LOL

TD 21
08-10-2023, 04:59 PM
I'm not even hating on the guy, I think he could have been top 10 all time if he didn't act up. Being dominant in 20% of scheduled games doesn't mean anything. The real question is, how bad are the Clippers going to be next season? LOL

Not a chance. Efficiency isn't everything. Lack of play making and inability to be a galvanizing force are major draw backs in addition to lack of durability and diva attitude.

Unfortunately, somehow it seems to in his case. His '19 championship has zero credibility (rested 95 games over 2 seasons leading up, antics tanked value to extent that trade that otherwise wouldn't have so much as been considered was consummated and Warriors decimated by injury).

ambchang
08-10-2023, 06:21 PM

He led them? Why not Lowry? Why not nurse?

Primo led the spurs to the lottery. He must have been a leader too.

ambchang
08-10-2023, 06:22 PM
its an attempted rebuttal, not a "debunking". i reject the premise that lowry was the leader of the team. lowry might have had a more vocal leadership role (anybody is more vocal than kawhi) but thats not the only form of leadership

when the chips were down, the team looked to him and relied on him. he never lost composure, set the tone, played through injury in those playoffs, and the team feeds off that kind of stuff

You mean he played through the warriors injuries? Quite brave of him.

spurraider21
08-10-2023, 07:31 PM
You mean he played through the warriors injuries? Quite brave of him.

ambchang
08-10-2023, 10:52 PM

:lol, didn't do that on the Spurs though. Willing to "limp" through the playoffs to force his way to the Clippers, then "leading" the Clippers to disappointment after disappointment 4 years running.

He didn't lead shit, he played for himself and used the teams.

spursparker9
08-11-2023, 12:54 AM
:lol, didn't do that on the Spurs though. Willing to "limp" through the playoffs to force his way to the Clippers, then "leading" the Clippers to disappointment after disappointment 4 years running.

In 2019, Nephew understood that he had no choice but to push through whatever pain during the playoffs. Because after pulling the stunt in SA and refusing to play, he would not be able to get a big contract as free agent after 2019 season.

Luckily for Nephew that with so many injuries with GSW, he managed to win the title and removed doubts on his clutch performance in playoffs as long as he can load manage during regular season.

Now 4 years later, the doubts are returning.

spurraider21
08-11-2023, 12:56 AM

When did i ever praise how he handled his injury with the spurs? He’s a piece of shit. But he led the raptors to a ring

ambchang
08-11-2023, 04:26 AM
When did i ever praise how he handled his injury with the spurs? He’s a piece of shit. But he led the raptors to a ring

Doesn’t make him a leader.

spurraider21
08-11-2023, 10:05 AM
Doesn’t make him a leader.
Ah so that’s where we disagree. If you don’t think leading a team to a title makes you a leader then i guess we just don’t speak the same language

exstatic
08-11-2023, 10:07 AM
Ah so that’s where we disagree. If you don’t think leading a team to a title makes you a leader then i guess we just don’t speak the same language

Tim wasn't a leader on the '99 team, yet he led us to that title.

offset formation
08-11-2023, 01:08 PM
And this is precisely why the clippers won't win a damned thing. Coaches let one thing slide for one guy and not the others. Feeling like the rules don't apply is how teams fall apart when the going gets tough.

ambchang
08-11-2023, 01:27 PM

I don’t see him leading the team to the title. Lowry and nurse were more leaders on that team.

JPB
08-11-2023, 02:08 PM
And this is precisely why the clippers won't win a damned thing. Coaches let one thing slide for one guy and not the others. Feeling like the rules don't apply is how teams fall apart when the going gets tough.

This tbh. You wanna break a group, give privileges to one. x100 in the NBA.

dbreiden83080
08-12-2023, 10:46 PM
Anyone still mad he bailed out on the spurs?

Tyronn Lue
08-13-2023, 09:45 PM

This tbh. You wanna break a group, give privileges to one. x100 in the NBA.
Kawhi showed he's not that guy to be coached like that while he was under the toughest coach in the NBA who has the most freedom to be that way. Not all coaches have the leeway from the owner and GM to coach superstars like that. Most organizations have a revolving door for coaches. I wouldn't judge me too harsh on this, I cannot do any good if I am out of a job. If the Clippers don't win, it's not because Kawhi didn't run laps after an airball. It's because Kawhi didn't suit up for most of the games.

Spurs Homer
08-14-2023, 08:37 AM
Kawhi showed he's not that guy to be coached like that while he was under the toughest coach in the NBA who has the most freedom to be that way. Not all coaches have the leeway from the owner and GM to coach superstars like that. Most organizations have a revolving door for coaches. I wouldn't judge me too harsh on this, I cannot do any good if I am out of a job. If the Clippers don't win, it's not because Kawhi didn't run laps after an airball. It's because Kawhi didn't suit up for most of the games.

hahaha!

Pop was already fucking mellow and treating Kawhitter with kid gloves -
fuck that piece of shit

exstatic
08-14-2023, 08:50 AM

It can actually be both.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-14-2023, 09:00 AM
Leonard wants special treatment. That is not Spursian but it is not uncommon in NBA franchises as a whole.

And the whole "leading by example" trope is marketing. People that epitomize preferred behavior are used by leaders to inspire as opposed to inspiring in and of themselves. Some may be inspired by the success of others but man is nothing if not a fickle creature. For everyone who is inspired, there is another who covets. It is leadership that gets them all to toe the line.

exstatic
08-14-2023, 09:11 AM
Leonard wants special treatment. That is not Spursian but it is not uncommon in NBA franchises as a whole.

And the whole "leading by example" trope is marketing. People that epitomize preferred behavior are used by leaders to inspire as opposed to inspiring in and of themselves. Some may be inspired by the success of others but man is nothing if not a fickle creature. For everyone who is inspired, there is another who covets. It is leadership that gets them all to tow the line.

Toe the line, as in everyone is right on the same line, toes touching it.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-14-2023, 09:12 AM
Toe the line, as in everyone is right on the same line, toes touching it.

okay. I will fix it. You have anything meaningful to add?

exstatic
08-14-2023, 09:13 AM
okay. I will fix it. You have anything meaningful to add?

Correct usage of idiom is meaningful, don't you think?

FuzzyLumpkins
08-14-2023, 09:23 AM
Correct usage of idiom is meaningful, don't you think?

Not when it doesn't affect communication. Did you not understand what I was getting at over a homonym?

Extra Stout
08-14-2023, 09:39 AM
While we’re talking about pet peeves, “begging the question” does not refer to something that prompts a question. Begging the question is when an answer is not a real answer, but rather just a restatement of the question.

For example, if you answered “how is Kawhi going to stay healthy this year?” with “he’s going to try to avoid injuries,” that is begging the question.

exstatic
08-14-2023, 09:40 AM
Not when it doesn't affect communication. Did you not understand what I was getting at over a homonym?

Since it's frequently used incorrectly, like you did, unfortunately, yes. The very definition of homonym should tell you that it's incorrect, though. Did you not want to know the correct usage?

FuzzyLumpkins
08-14-2023, 09:57 AM
Since it's frequently used incorrectly, like you did, unfortunately, yes. The very definition of homonym should tell you that it's incorrect, though. Did you not want to know the correct usage?

I don't mind. That should have been clear by my use of "okay" and then correcting it.

I do find it interesting you found it difficult understand what I was trying to say though.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-14-2023, 10:02 AM
While we’re talking about pet peeves, “begging the question” does not refer to something that prompts a question. Begging the question is when an answer is not a real answer, but rather just a restatement of the question.

For example, if you answered “how is Kawhi going to stay healthy this year?” with “he’s going to try to avoid injuries,” that is begging the question.

Begging the question does not have to be a response. It is just an argument that assumes itself.

Extra Stout
08-14-2023, 10:50 AM
Begging the question does not have to be a response. It is just an argument that assumes itself.
True, as in “Kawhi is the best player on the Clippers because none of the other players are as good as he is.”

Or, “Christianity is true because the Bible says so.” Or, “The Bible is true because the New Testament says Jesus fulfilled a bunch of Old Testament prophecies.”

buttsR4rebounding
08-17-2023, 05:27 PM
The Clippers got the worst possible schedule for Kawhi’s load management. They have 25 times where they play 3 games in 4 days-most in the NBA. They also travel 3600 miles more than the next closest team, Brooklyn and 7200 miles more than 10 most GS. Clippers will be lucky to get 55 regular season games out of him.

exstatic
08-17-2023, 07:15 PM
The Clippers got the worst possible schedule for Kawhi’s load management. They have 25 times where they play 3 games in 4 days-most in the NBA. They also travel 3600 miles more than the next closest team, Brooklyn and 7200 miles more than 10 most GS. Clippers will be lucky to get 55 regular season games out of him.

:rollin. He could have the best fucking season of his life, lock down everyone, shoot 50/40/90 splits and get no awards, and be on no All anything teams. You have to play 65 games for any of that, and he’s only done that three times in his career, all in SA.

libertarian4321
08-19-2023, 11:24 AM

Being a good player, or a clutch player (whenever not "load managing") is not the same as being a leader.

Robert Horry was a clutch player with a bunch of championships. But he wasn't a leader.