PDA

View Full Version : [12 Aug 2023] Tony Parker's Exclusive Interview on Victor Wembanyama expectations, Spurs legacy & more

spursparker9
08-12-2023, 06:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mJ943M-DP0

Cabrito
08-12-2023, 09:40 AM
I remember always getting frustrated watching Kevin Johnson in the 90s get in the paint over and over again against the Spurs and we couldn’t stop him. I wondered if we could ever get anyone like that on our team. Eventually Parker became that guy, but way more durable and even more relentless (led the league in points in the paint one year) and with that tear drop.

CGD
08-12-2023, 09:50 AM
I remember always getting frustrated watching Kevin Johnson in the 90s get in the paint over and over again against the Spurs and we couldn’t stop him. I wondered if we could ever get anyone like that on our team. Eventually Parker became that guy, but way more durable and even more relentless (led the league in points in the paint one year) and with that tear drop.

I remember those days. He was awesome. I actually used to rock some KJ shoes back in the day.

baseline bum
08-12-2023, 10:48 AM

Spurs had one: Rod Strickland. But Red McCombs was too cheap to keep him.

KingKev
08-13-2023, 06:36 AM
KJ had bunnies!