Kori Ellis
12-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Who will win?

Horry For 3!
12-03-2005, 04:39 PM
I expect Hopkins to whip Taylor's ass.

polandprzem
12-03-2005, 04:43 PM
In the last second you put this vb Kori. I'm now going to sleep before the fight. The fight wchich will start at about 4am (I've got whole 5 hours to sleep)

Hopkins is my favorite boxer...

ALVAREZ6
12-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Hopkins...don't let Philly down.

jochhejaam
12-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Here's a link on who the "experts" think will win; Pretty much split.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/5133896

Brutalis
12-03-2005, 05:34 PM
I expect Hopkins to whip Taylor's ass.
No 40 year old has ever successfully won back his title. I doubt Hopkins will either.

Brutalis
12-03-2005, 05:35 PM
In the last second you put this vb Kori. I'm now going to sleep before the fight. The fight wchich will start at about 4am (I've got whole 5 hours to sleep)

Hopkins is my favorite boxer...
Taylor is mine. You're going down DOWN DOWN!

Brutalis
12-03-2005, 05:41 PM
If Hopkins wins tonight I will be seriously shocked.

The man has bitched and whined so much, and experts say he hasn't improved from training because he claims "i dont need to improve to beat him." While, JT lost a couple pounds and got faster and quicker say experts (you can tell).

What it comes down to is, JT is the Champ. JT gets to stand there and dance and Hopkins HAS to chase him around the ring if he wants that belt back. JT has the advantage there, and the advantage from training. I seriously will be flat out stunned if Hopkins wins or doesnt get the hell knocked out of him like before.

And if it's another decision. Then JT will be celebrating once again.

GO HOGS. GO JT! Arkansas is in a frenzy today.

LittleGeneral
12-03-2005, 05:51 PM
is this the dude from arkansas?

curiously,
littlegeneral

Brutalis
12-03-2005, 05:54 PM
is this the dude from arkansas?

curiously,
littlegeneral

Lmao, yeah. He wore cardinal red trunks in the first fight that said ARKANSAS on the back....

Brutalis
12-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Even if Hopkins happens to win. A 3rd fight would occur. And who honestly thinks Hopkins could beat JT twice. Where as when JT wins Hopkins retires and goodbye to him.

Nah uh. No chance in hell.

Brutalis
12-03-2005, 05:56 PM
One more thing. You guys should bet on the youth, and the champ. You're money is gunna get took. :(

2centsworth
12-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Watched the first fight yesterday. Taylor looks too fast and accurate. Taylor who should do better this fight will dominate.

Brutalis
12-03-2005, 06:18 PM
I havent been this excited since the Finals last summer. That fight doesnt start til'... midnight I think central time. I am not sure.

Sense
12-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Taylor...

Hopkins will retire soon.

smeagol
12-03-2005, 08:39 PM
With all due respect, boxing is barbaric.

jochhejaam
12-03-2005, 11:30 PM
first 3 rounds.

Round 1
Both fighters come out cautious, measuring one another. Hopkins if the first to be the aggressor. Taylor retorts by holding Hopkins and hitting him in the back of the head. Both fighters are quickly separated. Hopkins is throwing more punches but has yet to connect effectively. Taylor has yet to fire a significant shot until the final minute. He misses Hopkins on a combination. Neither fighter landed much.

ESPN.com scores it: Hopkins 10-9 Dan Rafael scores it: Taylor 10-9

Round 2
The slow pace continues into the second round. The crowd is getting restless. Both fighters appear to be waiting for an opening rather than forcing the action. Left hooks are exchanged, with Hopkins stumbling away. Both fighters resume digging in, matching blow for blow. Hopkins exercises patience, but Taylor attacks seconds before the round ends.

ESPN.com scores it: Taylor 10-9 Rafael scores it: Taylor 10-9

Round 3
After another stretch of waiting one another out, Taylor lands a left jab. Hopkins moves around the outside, Taylor maintaining caution. Both fighters appear to want to save their best for later. But the calcuations of the moment are testing the Mandalay Bay audience's patience. In the closing seconds, the fighters exchange flurries. Taylor comes out barely ahead.

Horry For 3!
12-03-2005, 11:31 PM
first 3 rounds.

Round 1
Both fighters come out cautious, measuring one another. Hopkins if the first to be the aggressor. Taylor retorts by holding Hopkins and hitting him in the back of the head. Both fighters are quickly separated. Hopkins is throwing more punches but has yet to connect effectively. Taylor has yet to fire a significant shot until the final minute. He misses Hopkins on a combination. Neither fighter landed much.

ESPN.com scores it: Hopkins 10-9 Dan Rafael scores it: Taylor 10-9

Round 2
The slow pace continues into the second round. The crowd is getting restless. Both fighters appear to be waiting for an opening rather than forcing the action. Left hooks are exchanged, with Hopkins stumbling away. Both fighters resume digging in, matching blow for blow. Hopkins exercises patience, but Taylor attacks seconds before the round ends.

Round 3
After another stretch of waiting one another out, Taylor lands a left jab. Hopkins moves around the outside, Taylor maintaining caution. Both fighters appear to want to save their best for later. But the calcuations of the moment are testing the Mandalay Bay audience's patience. In the closing seconds, the fighters exchange flurries. Taylor comes out barely ahead.

They have the scores on ESPNEWS

its 40-36 Taylor after 4 rounds

jochhejaam
12-03-2005, 11:32 PM
They have the scores on ESPNEWS

its 40-36 Taylor after 4 rounds
Thanks

Horry For 3!
12-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Taylor leads 50-45 after 5 rounds

Horry For 3!
12-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Taylor leads 60-54 after 6 rounds

So far its been 10-9 Taylor every round.

jochhejaam
12-03-2005, 11:41 PM
round by round summary for 4-5-6

Round 4
The strategy headgames continue for the first minute of the round. Hopkins lunges in, only to be caught by Taylor counterpunches. The referee warns Hopkins about potential headbutting, and Taylor for holding. Taylor gets off a couple of left jabs. In the final 10 seconds, both Taylor gets the better of a brief exchange.

Round 5
Hopkins comes out slightly more aggressive, landing a right to Taylor's face, Hopkins' best shot to this point. Hopkins lands a body shot, and a left hook. Taylor retorts with a left-right. Hopkins is scoring but Taylor is not hurt. Taylor lands two quick left jabs. Taylor lands a straight right that connects. Taylor follows up with another quick combination as the round ends.

Round 6
At the midway point, Taylor remains true to his patient approach. Hopkins continues to move around, and manages to get in a right followed by a left. Taylor counters quickly, then follows with another shot that backs up Hopkins. Hopkins scores with a jab, but Taylor gets in two lefts in return. Hopkins lunges and misses, and Taylor takes brief advantage. Taylor is more confident in the left jab now. At the closing seconds, Taylor finishes with a flourish.

Horry For 3!
12-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Taylor Leads 69-64 after 7 rounds

1-6 Rounds 10-9 Taylor
7th round 10-9 Hopkins

Horry For 3!
12-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Taylor Leads 78-74

Hopkins takes 7th n 8th rounds

Horry For 3!
12-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Hopkins has to win the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th rounds to win if not he'll have to win by KO.

Horry For 3!
12-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Taylor leads 87-84 after 9

Hopkins takes 9th round

jochhejaam
12-03-2005, 11:51 PM
rounds 7-8

Round 7
Taylor gets to Hopkins with a series of lefts, then a series of rights as both fighters clinch. Hopkins lands a right. Taylor, however, still comes back with an answer. The referee separates Taylor from holding Hopkins, making repeated warnings to Taylor. Taylor throws1-2 combinations, but Hopkins makes him miss. The final 10 seconds, this time, generates less excitement.

ESPN.com scores it: Hopkins 10-9 Rafael scores it: Hopkins 10-9

Round 8
Hopkins comes out landing a right. Hopkins follows with another right, but Taylor lands a right in return. Hopkins lands a left, then is held by Taylor. The referee gets more involved in separating the fighters. This may work to Hopkins' advantage as he becomes the aggressor, and Taylor holds. Hopkins gets in a few body shots while the fighters lock up. Taylor lands a left. Hopkins lands a right, followed by Taylor body shots. Taylor closes the round with a solid right.

ESPN.com scores it: Taylor 10-9 Rafael scores it: Hopkins 10-9

Horry For 3!
12-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Taylor leads 96-94 after 10 rounds

Hopkins takes the 10th

Horry For 3!
If Hopkins wins the 11th and 12th and no one gets a KO then it'll be a Split :lol

jochhejaam
Rounds 9-10

Round 9
Both fighters continue to trade shots. Hopkins gets the better of the exchange, especially in light of Taylor opting to hold him. Taylor fires a combination but does not connect, but follow up with a right that does. Hopkins gets in a left, followed by a left-right. Taylor connects with a left hook. Hopkins scores with a hard right in the closing seconds, making a difference in getting an otherwise evenly fought round.

Round 10
Both fighters become more active, hurling shots with little impact. Taylor continues to fire lefts. Hopkins bobs and weaves, then lands a brief combination. Hopkins lands a right, intent on looking for more. The fighters clench, and Hopkins gets in two lefts to the face. Taylor lunges in as the round closes, but misses.

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Taylor leads 106-103 after 11 rounds

Hopkins has to get a KO in the 12th round or Taylor wins by Majority Decision.

jochhejaam
12-04-2005, 12:00 AM
round 11

Round 11
Hopkins goes on the offensive, pursuing Taylor, landign sporadically. Taylor, however, lands several power shots that back up Hopkins. Taylor establishes command of the round in the second minute. Hopkins likely will need a knowckout at this point, as Taylor has stood his ground in this round. Hopkins connects late in the round, but Taylor responds.

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:03 AM
Taylor wins Majority Decision and retains his title.

jochhejaam
12-04-2005, 12:03 AM
round 12

Round 12
This is it. Taylor is ahead on the cards. Both fighters clench, and Hopkins appears to land a low blow to Taylor's groin. Taylor fires a left-right, but Hopkins manages to keep his distance. That does not stop Taylor from pressing the attack. Hopkins lands a right, and another. Hopkins goes for it, taking the fight to Taylor in the final minute. Both fighters trade punches. Hopkins' left misses, but Taylor's flurry connects. The round ends, each fighter claiming victory.

By unanimous decision, each of the ringside judges scored it 115-113 in favor of Taylor, who defends his undisputed middleweight title.

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Fuck You Hopkins! You cost me 20K, now I shall kick your ass! (Which I probably could)

Brutalis
12-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Dominating performance and mental stability and power by our hometown pride and joy.

He is now, the undesputed Middleweight Champ of the World.

Hopkins, retire, you old bitch. I told you fool!

Hahahahahah celebration in Little Rock!

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Dominating performance and mental stability and power by our hometown pride and joy.

He is now, the undesputed Middleweight Champ of the World.

Hopkins, retire, you old bitch. I told you fool!

Hahahahahah celebration in Little Rock!
There was no dominating performance :lmao Taylor barely won but it was a win and a win is a win, that is all that matters.

Sense
12-04-2005, 12:15 AM
We've seen this before with the golden boy....

They just need 1 match to retire...

and it has to be a good one... for the money.

Brutalis
12-04-2005, 12:16 AM
I might as well say Texas' win wasn't dominating over Colorado.

Look, Hopkins gave it his ALL. After ALL that shit he talked, every week, every update on ESPN he opened his mouth. Jermain landed more power punches, and won all the judges. He flat out took Hopkins best and gave him better.

Dominated him.

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:27 AM
I might as well say Texas' win wasn't dominating over Colorado.

Look, Hopkins gave it his ALL. After ALL that shit he talked, every week, every update on ESPN he opened his mouth. Jermain landed more power punches, and won all the judges. He flat out took Hopkins best and gave him better.

Dominated him.
That is just your opinion because your a "Taylor Homer" I didn't see as Hopkins getting dominated.

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Jermaine Taylor says he will take on anyone to call him up.

I will be calling soon.

Brutalis
12-04-2005, 12:33 AM
That is just your opinion because your a "Taylor Homer" I didn't see as Hopkins getting dominated.

A Taylor Homer?

Don't throw bows kid. :fro

Dominated is my word for it. Hopkins gave it his all, he still came up short. Taylor landed more severe punches and learned a lot from the first bout obviously. Give credit where it's due and stop being suddle like Taylor is some punk.

Kori Ellis
12-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Horry for 3 thinks that he could box against Taylor and win. So of course he doesn't give him credit in this fight.

polandprzem
12-04-2005, 12:41 AM
50 K :(

Leetonidas
12-04-2005, 12:42 AM
Bah, I'm having a bad vBookie night.

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Horry for 3 thinks that he could box against Taylor and win. So of course he doesn't give him credit in this fight.
WTF. Taylor won but I don't think he dominated Hopkins. How do you get no credit out of I know Taylor won but didn't think he dominated? :lol

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Taylor had to do something to win so you made no sense on your post.

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:48 AM
A Taylor Homer?

Don't throw bows kid. :fro

Dominated is my word for it. Hopkins gave it his all, he still came up short. Taylor landed more severe punches and learned a lot from the first bout obviously. Give credit where it's due and stop being suddle like Taylor is some punk.
How am I not giving credit? :lmao I said Taylor won but I don't think he dominated Hopkins.

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:48 AM
I guess you didn't understand my posts.

Brutalis
12-04-2005, 12:51 AM
What's not to understand?

Homer is refered to a stupid fan of whoever person or team right? That's a little offensive right? Especially after you said you expect Hopkins to kick Taylors ass? And saying "he won" show credit after saying "to kick his ass?"

Brotha, please. Lmao.

Brutalis
12-04-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm not fighting or nothing. Just saying. Hopkins got flat out beat.

:drunk :hat :smokin :elephant :king :spin

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:53 AM
What's not to understand?

Homer is refered to a stupid fan of whoever person or team right? That's a little offensive right? Especially after you said you expect Hopkins to kick Taylors ass? And saying "he won" show credit after saying "to kick his ass?"

Brotha, please. Lmao.
I expected Hopkins to do well but he didn't. He never got dominated though. Look at the scoring at the end 115-113.

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:54 AM
I have been boxing since I was 10 years old, I would know when someone got dominated or not.

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Hopkins got beat. Taylor won. End of story.

Brutalis
12-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Boxing since you was 10 means you know more about boxing than me?

Okay you win! Wow!

Anyways, yes I am biased. I have to be. But Jermain answered all of Hopkins punches of not even more. Blah blah Blah.

Brutalis
12-04-2005, 01:03 AM
What you said.