PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves: Anthony Edwards 2023-24 season prediction

ambchang
08-21-2023, 09:51 PM
Edwards have been getting a lot of press lately for his play with team USA and I’m interested in peoples take of his upcoming season.

Personally, I see him putting up big traditional stats area, something like 28 ppg, 5 a, 6 r, 1.5 s and 1 bpg, with ok efficiency (thinking 50% 2pfg, 36% on 3 and 78% FTs. But I see him putting up relatively empty stats where his advances stats will be around 0.1 ws/48, +3 in BPM and 2.5 VORP. I don’t see the wolves improving significantly in anyway as they will fight for a play in spot, maybe making 6th seed if the chips fall.

As an aside, I also somehow see Scoot having a somewhat similar game to him, but with more kick outs and perhaps less scoring. But it’s too early to tell.

Rummpd
08-22-2023, 08:56 AM
Nothing matters until he and his team start winning playoff series. Maybe he and them will take a step forward, have talent but remains to be seen.

spurraider21
08-22-2023, 03:00 PM
the best prediction is that ST will irrationally dislike him as they do with about 99% of the league's good players

lefty
08-22-2023, 04:59 PM
Would have averaged 50 ppg if he played in the 90s tbh

TD 21
08-22-2023, 10:16 PM
Agree with OP. The recent Edwards hype/push is mostly a product of Williamson and Morant lacking the availability and image necessary to promote by the league and it's sponsors, so they need another young American with a game and personality that's easy to sell the casuals.

Tatum is still young, but experienced enough that they're figuring out he's more George than James/Durant, so now they've moved on to pretending Edwards can become the "face of the league" post James/Curry because heaven forbid it be a bunch of international (mostly) bigs.

lefty
11-28-2023, 01:18 AM
So far so good

sickdsm
12-03-2023, 10:53 AM
Agree with OP. The recent Edwards hype/push is mostly a product of Williamson and Morant lacking the availability and image necessary to promote by the league and it's sponsors, so they need another young American with a game and personality that's easy to sell the casuals.

Tatum is still young, but experienced enough that they're figuring out he's more George than James/Durant, so now they've moved on to pretending Edwards can become the "face of the league" post James/Curry because heaven forbid it be a bunch of international (mostly) bigs.

Not going to dwell on Ants play bc that's speaking for itself but his personality and charisma is beyond anything I can remember in any sport. He is a treasure and you don't usually see that in stars.

Chad.
12-03-2023, 12:26 PM
Not going to dwell on Ants play bc that's speaking for itself but his personality and charisma is beyond anything I can remember in any sport. He is a treasure and you don't usually see that in stars.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Amerisharts and their obsession with worshipping negroballers is amazing

ambchang
12-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Gotta admit I’m wrong so far. I still don’t see him as worthy of the mvp type hype. The wolves are gelling and gobert is a huge reason. Ant is pulling his weight on O though.

Brazil
12-04-2023, 12:21 PM
For all the shit we give Gobert, one must admit he has been a key reason to the team success so far... dude is having the best defensive year of his career

lefty
12-04-2023, 01:04 PM
Gobert has been great tbh

spurraider21
03-08-2024, 01:08 AM
the best prediction is that ST will irrationally dislike him as they do with about 99% of the league's good players
Average upstairs poster be like “Edwards is a loser”

baseline bum
03-08-2024, 01:25 AM
Average upstairs poster be like “Edwards is a loser”

Drives me nuts when upstairs is like oh Chet's just a role player like he wouldn't be one of the most exciting rookies in years if not for Wemby

lefty
03-08-2024, 09:21 AM
Drives me nuts when upstairs is like oh Chet's just a role player like he wouldn't be one of the most exciting rookies in years if not for Wemby
Upstairs back in the days : "Parker is better than Chris paul"

:lmao

MultiTroll
03-08-2024, 10:02 AM
Upstairs back in the days : "Parker is better than Chris paul"

:lmao
Where is Chrissy Paul in this photo?
Oh ya that's right, it's the Finals.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/parker_tony6402.jpg

Parker’s shot among five best finishes in Finals (sportsnet.ca) (https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/parkers-shot-among-five-best-finishes-in-finals/)

lefty
03-08-2024, 11:23 AM
Where is Chrissy Paul in this photo?
Oh ya that's right, it's the Finals.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/parker_tony6402.jpg

Parker’s shot among five best finishes in Finals (sportsnet.ca) (https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/parkers-shot-among-five-best-finishes-in-finals/)
Put Paul with Tim and Manu and Porker with the Clips, Hornets, Harden and see who wina championships :lol

spurraider21
04-10-2024, 02:30 PM
checking in after he scored 51 on 29 shots

ambchang
04-10-2024, 02:42 PM
:lol cl:lolssh:lolles

spurraider21
04-29-2024, 09:03 AM

spurraider21
04-29-2024, 12:11 PM
time to repent, my dude

I would take [Reaves] over Edwards in a minute, because Edwards is an idiot, and beyond self absorbed. His refusal to come off the bench for a few weeks for the USMNT just punched his ticket off of the Olympic team.

He's an idiot. He'll be vastly overpaid for his productivity, and be known as an awful contract within 2 years.

I remember a game we played where he dunked, and stayed on that end while Tre got the inbounds pass, and got the Spurs an easy basket 5 on 4 while Ant Man was still flexing. If I were the GM, I'd be trying to trade his dumb ass.

Oh, and his failure to set the MN scoring record while being left in the game for half a dozen possessions to score 3 points.

NBA junk food.

Garland is WAY overpaid, and Ant Edwards is a dumbass.

Thread
04-29-2024, 01:52 PM
Thanks, I needed that.

lefty
04-29-2024, 02:13 PM

Tyronn Lue
05-05-2024, 11:40 AM
Exstatic has historically bad takes. I love AE's game and his swag. Rumble young man rumble.

lebomb
05-07-2024, 06:16 AM
Antman just has it.

lefty
05-07-2024, 07:40 AM
Better than his dad tbh

Bill_Brasky
05-07-2024, 09:06 AM
Anthony Edwards is the Nuggets father.

DeadlyDynasty
05-07-2024, 04:56 PM
Exstatic has historically bad takes. I love AE's game and his swag. Rumble young man rumble.
This, dude is a competitor and I hope he stays hungry. I loved Russ’s competitiveness through the years too but he would just fly off the rails and end up hurting his team a lot. Here’s hoping Antman can play with a little more control through his prime years. You don’t always have to be on, but the bad days can’t be the reason your team loses.

AE also doesn’t strike me as the type of superstar who’s eager to swap spit with his rivals at da club after a game

baseline bum
05-07-2024, 05:36 PM
Starting to look like Ant's going on an 06 Wade kind of run. Pretty shocking to see him doing this at 22 though, damn what is this guy gonna be when he's 26?

timtonymanu
05-07-2024, 06:47 PM
ecstatic :lol
Jeff Errors uh huh! :lol
Reaves over Edwards :lol
Wanting Vassell and Keldon over Lebron James :lol

spurraider21
05-07-2024, 08:11 PM
he's having such a ridiculous postseason that im actually looking forward to next year's GM's survey about which player they'd want to build their team around

last year it was Jokic then Wemby. gotta be Wemby/Ant top 2 next year

spurraider21
05-07-2024, 08:11 PM
still waiting for exstatic to repent tbh

baseline bum
05-08-2024, 01:27 PM
he's having such a ridiculous postseason that im actually looking forward to next year's GM's survey about which player they'd want to build their team around

last year it was Jokic then Wemby. gotta be Wemby/Ant top 2 next year

Someone gotta do a deepfake of Ant from Hustle but with Jokic or Murray spliced in for Bo Cruz.

skin27
05-08-2024, 04:44 PM
Media is overrating this dude like grazy

Tyronn Lue
05-08-2024, 08:13 PM
Media is overrating this dude like grazy
:lol no

They are talking about trajectory. Everything I've heard from anyone in sports media concerning AE is that, at age 22, he's ahead of where Mike was. That's it. That's not overrating him. He's exciting to watch, he's fearless, he has all the intangibles to be great plus he has a team around him to not waste it. Just let people enjoy the game for a little before the Hardens and Durants of the league resume fucking it up.

skin27
05-08-2024, 09:13 PM

They are talking about trajectory. Everything I've heard from anyone in sports media concerning AE is that, at age 22, he's ahead of where Mike was. That's it. That's not overrating him. He's exciting to watch, he's fearless, he has all the intangibles to be great plus he has a team around him to not waste it. Just let people enjoy the game for a little before the Hardens and Durants of the league resume fucking it up.

There are some media have edwards all nba 1st team. That's insane edwards is not better than luka and sga individually especially this seaaon

baseline bum
05-08-2024, 09:33 PM
There are some media have edwards all nba 1st team. That's insane edwards is not better than luka and sga individually especially this seaaon

I'd take him over Tatum though

skin27
05-08-2024, 09:36 PM
I'd take him over Tatum though

Still no.. tatum has better stats than edwards and led the celtics to best record in nba..

Tyronn Lue
05-08-2024, 10:25 PM
Still no.. tatum has better stats than edwards and led the celtics to best record in nba..
They say that but they probably didn't vote for him. Names are made in the post season. Let's see how he does the rest of the post season and next year.

skin27
05-08-2024, 11:26 PM
They say that but they probably didn't vote for him. Names are made in the post season. Let's see how he does the rest of the post season and next year.

Who?

lefty
05-09-2024, 09:57 AM
That would be Jaylen Brown

Tyronn Lue
05-09-2024, 10:59 AM
Who?
Sorry, I quoted the wrong post. The media that puts him over Luka and SGA didn't vote for him as the MVP. Many of the votes come from media folks.

sickdsm
05-09-2024, 02:37 PM
Ant's defense alone puts him near the top of this conversation. I'll take him over anyone not on the wolves to go get the ball in the last 5 minutes of a game. Luka? Please. The lack of athletisism and speed on the defensive side of the ball not to mention he's a huge ball dominant player that doesn't allow anyone to thrive (Brunson) You don't see Ant pouting like Luka when a teammate misses a shot, go watch him in the post game presser's what a great teammate he is.

The reason Ant is doing what he's doing at 22 is bc of Rudy. THat trade accelerated his development. Wolves fan's knew what we had with him after the first month of his rookie season.

Thread
05-09-2024, 08:18 PM
Hey fellows, who's "Ant?"

spurraider21
05-09-2024, 08:23 PM
i dont think he'll get many 1st team votes as its a reg season award. he'll certainly be behind SGA/Jokic/Luka/Giannis and probably Tatum for first team (remember, its positionless this year)

however he has been playing on another level in the playoffs.

reg season: 26/4.8/5.4 on 46/36/84

postseason: 32/6.8/5.8 on 55/42/82

led the charge in sweeping the suns and has been the wolves best player taking 2 games in denver

ambchang
05-10-2024, 10:09 AM

Given Mike was in his second year as a pro, got hurt at 22 and played 18 games, then had Dave Corzine and Orlando Woolrdige as his frontcourt, yeah.

skin27
05-10-2024, 12:31 PM
Whenever the Twolves win a game media talks about who'sgoing to be the next face of the nba. Obviously its wemby but they want black american to the fave of the nba so they overrating edwards too much:lol

lefty
05-10-2024, 12:53 PM
Already better than MJ

FrostKing
05-10-2024, 01:01 PM
I'm watching Hockey

:lol both great Playoffs so far. Tonight's Nuggies game should be a War

lefty
05-10-2024, 01:08 PM
I'm watching Hockey

:lol both great Playoffs so far. Tonight's Nuggies game should be a War
Yep

NHL playoffs always deliver tbh, great parity
Parity has been better in the NBA in the last few years

FrostKing
05-10-2024, 01:21 PM
Yep

NHL playoffs always deliver tbh, great parity
Parity has been better in the NBA in the last few years
Over the weekend I believe there were 3-straight days of 3 goal comebacks. I caught Vancouver vs Edmonton.

Starving fan base, facing a rival, stages a Comeback. The crowds in NHL are electric.

https://youtu.be/EfXs_HKhadg?si=JCXeOnG0osUcWgAR

lefty
05-10-2024, 01:32 PM
Over the weekend I believe there were 3-straight days of 3 goal comebacks. I caught Vancouver vs Edmonton.

Starving fan base, facing a rival, stages a Comeback. The crowds in NHL are electric.

https://youtu.be/EfXs_HKhadg?si=JCXeOnG0osUcWgAR
I missed that tbh
Crazy comeback :lol

I went to a Canadiens-Oilers game this season (Bell Center is a 15-20 minute walk away from my place), seeing Connor McDavid in person was awesome.
Special player

FrostKing
05-10-2024, 09:01 PM
I missed that tbh
Crazy comeback :lol

I went to a Canadiens-Oilers game this season (Bell Center is a 15-20 minute walk away from my place), seeing Connor McDavid in person was awesome.
Special player

:bobo

How are you staying warm in the winter?!?

Yesss McDavid is the sports current best isn't he.

skin27
05-10-2024, 09:43 PM
He came back to earth now

Tyronn Lue
05-10-2024, 11:26 PM
He came back to earth now
He had a decent game but none of them went off. The officiating was different than the 1st two games, the Wolves weren't allowed to mug the Nuggets. We'll see going forward how that plays out.

skin27
05-10-2024, 11:40 PM
Its good thing nuggets humbled this dude so that media/espn would stop talikng about him being face of the NBA and comparing him to jordan:lol

lefty
05-11-2024, 10:33 AM
:bobo

How are you staying warm in the winter?!?

Yesss McDavid is the sports current best isn't he.

Mah I’m freezing in winter :lol
Invest in a good Canada goose jackets, get some boots, etc
Walking outside here in winter can feel like you ar doing Rocky’s training in Russia in Rocky 4

Thread
05-11-2024, 11:37 PM
Walking outside here in winter can feel like you ar doing Rocky’s training in Russia in Rocky 4

...and before Rocky went to Mother Russia...Creed..."You don't stop this fight, no matter what...no.matter.what." Leans back into that buckle and locates her. She's risen, tears teaming. His nod to her.

It's gets better than that, but I'll damned if I can cite it.

FrostKing
05-12-2024, 08:45 AM
Time for my first Euro winter since I was 4. Vancouver in 1997. Snowstorm I was there!

FrostKing
05-12-2024, 08:46 AM
...and before Rocky went to Mother Russia...Creed..."You don't stop this fight, no matter what...no.matter.what." Leans back into that buckle and locates her. She's risen, tears teaming. His nod to her.

It's gets better than that, but I'll damned if I can cite it.
Do Bloodsport

Tyronn Lue
05-13-2024, 08:37 AM
Its good thing nuggets humbled this dude so that media/espn would stop talikng about him being face of the NBA and comparing him to jordan:lol
Judging by how good he was last night and the parting words he had for Murray, I doubt he feels humbled. If the pups don't rise to this challenge outside of AE, he's going to bolt when he sees an open door.

lefty
05-13-2024, 08:56 AM
Time for my first Euro winter since I was 4. Vancouver in 1997. Snowstorm I was there!
Fooken snowstorms

DAF86
05-25-2024, 02:02 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOZM_6KWkAAieV_?format=jpg&name=small

Texas_Ranger
05-25-2024, 03:09 AM
its funny and he has been playing pretty bad the last 3 games, but if he shot against 2 defenders, they'd just say he's not trusting his teammates.

lebomb
05-25-2024, 09:06 AM
ANT needs to hit that next level like he did in the first 2 rds. He hasnt shown much Im the next chosen one in this series. He is playing tentative and passes off alot of shots he should probably take. He has also thrown the ball away alot.

JohnnyMax
05-25-2024, 09:12 AM
https://i.ibb.co/dP84WjJ/doncic.gif
https://i.ibb.co/YhPJ5Vv/doncic2.gif

Fat Brandon Bass
05-25-2024, 09:53 AM
I'd say he's looking more like Wizards Jordan but I would never insult Wizards Jordan like that tbh imho

Atl Spur
05-30-2024, 02:25 PM
Antman just has it.

This thread has some nice material in it……good ol’ Ant Man

Tyronn Lue
05-30-2024, 10:01 PM
Anthony did fine. He was almost the only one who did.

MultiTroll
05-30-2024, 10:09 PM
Anthony did fine. He was almost the only one who did.
Ya don't understand the heavy Fathead minutes.

Naz Reid with his dirty intent to reinjure Lively was auto eject material.

Lively, what a score for the Mavs. Was instrumental in Game 5 too.

Soo glad he will be in vs the Boston Marshmallows.

Tyronn Lue
05-30-2024, 10:12 PM

Don't underestimate Boston.

Raven
05-30-2024, 10:19 PM
he was absolute dogshit the entire series.. and that's despite shooting the ball well from distance. He wasn't ready.

Thread
05-31-2024, 03:53 AM

He never tried that. Grow up, ya big baby, you.

Thread
05-31-2024, 03:54 AM
he was absolute dogshit the entire series.. and that's despite shooting the ball well from distance. He wasn't ready.

...the Celtics will be ready. If the the Mavs leave Boston O-2 there is no way that will work.

lefty
05-31-2024, 08:34 AM
lol he is only 22

People are shitting on him because he lost in the WCF, after they beat the defending champs, at 22 :lol

Thread
05-31-2024, 10:39 AM
lol he is only 22

People are shitting on him because he lost in the WCF, after they beat the defending champs, at 22 :lol

He looks a might inept, lefty. When a player starts scrunchin' during play it's a tell, a bad one, that was not missed by Dallas.

MultiTroll
06-02-2024, 03:25 PM
He does have a lot of the same mannerisms as Jordon.
The way he does his jumpshot, layups.

But mentally he has a long way to go.
Only 22.

Thread
06-02-2024, 03:53 PM

Only 22.

Not a bit like Jordan, Mult.

lefty
06-02-2024, 08:37 PM

Only 22.

Jordan was stat padding and getting his ass handed to him at age 22 tbh

Thread
06-02-2024, 09:14 PM
Jordan was stat padding and getting his ass handed to him at age 22 tbh

He doesn't look like anything promising. And he scrunches because of insecurity.