PDA

View Full Version : Bring Kawhi Back?

Millennial_Messiah
08-26-2023, 05:39 PM
What would it take to trade for Kawhi Leonard to bring him home to the team that drafted him so he can redeem himself like Timmy or Sean Elliott?

I would dangle Sochan, Tre and a second round pick or two

baseline bum
08-26-2023, 06:30 PM
No thanks. HOF talent, but even with heavy load management he hasn't made it through a season since 2020. I'd want some real stability spending $47 million a year for the next two years on someone and Kawhi ain't that guy. Spurs could probably get him for way less than Sochan though.

Dex
08-26-2023, 06:35 PM
I wish I could pick both no's and then also an option for HELL NO because fuck that guy

koriwhat
08-26-2023, 06:41 PM
I wish I could pick both no's and then also an option for HELL NO because fuck that guy

Damn right! :tu

baseline bum
08-26-2023, 06:46 PM

Even if he wasn't a backstabbing shitbag he's basically the 2020s version of Clippers Walton.

TDMVPDPOY
08-26-2023, 06:49 PM
come back and make this team cucked again

JeffDuncan
08-26-2023, 07:34 PM
The OP needs compassion, not condemnation. It’s clear that he is suffering from a mental illness.

TekXX
08-26-2023, 08:28 PM
If he had left under better circumstances sure but when he trashed our medical staff for his own selfish reasons and then tanked his trade value, he can go fuck himself. He's a couple seasons from being washed anyway.

Leetonidas
08-26-2023, 08:38 PM
Fuck Nephew

widowmaker
08-26-2023, 09:10 PM
Lol

spursparker9
08-26-2023, 09:17 PM
Too injury prone....but Nephew will be in HOF still...

baseline bum
08-26-2023, 09:52 PM
If he had left under better circumstances sure but when he trashed our medical staff for his own selfish reasons and then tanked his trade value, he can go fuck himself. He's a couple seasons from being washed anyway.

A couple as in he was washed two years ago? I agree.

SPURt
08-26-2023, 11:25 PM
Absolutely not. That mess sucked to live through as a Spurs fan but Wemby has been an incredible salve for that wound. If Kawhi does not leave, the Spurs get the Toronto chip, then he keeps the Spurs mid for year after year before his body finally breaks down. The quick hurt of his departure would pail in comparison to watching him endure injury after injury, season after season.

With Kawhi’s departure, the Spurs sold as high as they ever could’ve on him. He’s a weirdo asshole, but Kawhi did the Spurs a favor leaving when he did. With that said, he deserves no path back to the Spurs. The way he handled his departure was a disgrace to the legacies established by past Spurs greats. There would have to be a significant act of contrition he is emotionally incapable of to get Spurs fans to embrace him once more.

HemisfairArena
08-27-2023, 12:09 AM
Lol,,,hell naw,,,,no way the spurs or their fans can take this dude back. He's not LeBron(and thats the only reason cleveland took him back because hes arguablly the best of all time,,,,although I still take MJ). Kawhi made his choice and you let him live with it,,,it worked out in Toronto,,,,not so much in LA. Spurs have moved on as well as their fans,,,,dont tear the wound open again after its healed,,,,

Fusternino
08-27-2023, 04:15 AM
He can sign for the MLE when the time comes.

spursparker9
08-27-2023, 07:04 AM
I will agree that he can sign for vet min (like T-Mac) once he is near his late 30s and chasing championship

JPB
08-27-2023, 08:04 AM
I will agree that he can sign for vet min (like T-Mac) once he is near his late 30s and chasing championship

Lol

BacktoBasics
08-27-2023, 10:32 AM
Op has leapfrogged koriwhat and ducks for most annoying asshole here.

I hope op and Kawhi both die a painful death.

tmtcsc
08-27-2023, 10:40 AM
The Kawhi era in San Antonio is over. He was AWESOME as a player and seemed a perfect transition star from Tim. However, everything we learned about him in the aftermath of the blowup was not good. He has no place here anymore, is way too unreliable and injury prone. Great player on the court when he tries though.

BacktoBasics
08-27-2023, 11:52 AM
The Kawhi era in San Antonio is over. He was AWESOME as a player and seemed a perfect transition star from Tim. However, everything we learned about him in the aftermath of the blowup was not good. He has no place here anymore, is way too unreliable and injury prone. Great player on the court when he tries though.

He barely has a place in the nba

CorrectCrusader
08-27-2023, 11:55 AM
FUCK NEPHEW

lefty
08-27-2023, 12:01 PM
Spurs legend

Carried TOSB’s to 2 consecutive Finals and a 5th championship

acoelho1
08-27-2023, 12:16 PM
Not only did he burned bridges, he tried to set the house on fire. I want no part of him or his primadonna team back with the Spurs. Getting Wemby officially closed that dark chapter in Spurs history which ended up being a blessing in disguise depending on how things shape out in the coming years.

InRareForm
08-27-2023, 12:36 PM
Lol

koriwhat
08-27-2023, 03:29 PM
Op has leapfrogged koriwhat and ducks for most annoying asshole here.

I hope op and Kawhi both die a painful death.

Just can't keep me out of your head huh puto? You're one dumb mother fucker indeed.

:lmao ":cry You're wishing death on users here! :cry" Who does that sound like? :lol

Rocalcio
08-27-2023, 03:36 PM
What would it take to trade for Kawhi Leonard to bring him home to the team that drafted him so he can redeem himself like Timmy or Sean Elliott?

I would dangle Sochan, Tre and a second round pick or two

We didn’t drafted him, Indiana did. So that wouldn’t be a homecoming, and we already know he doesn’t like SA.
leave him in LA, being injured most of the season.

BacktoBasics
08-27-2023, 05:01 PM
Just can't keep me out of your head huh puto? You're one dumb mother fucker indeed.

Just like your daddy used to say. Don’t worry champ. You’ll be the number one piece of shit in no time.

spurs10
08-27-2023, 06:57 PM

I would dangle Sochan, Tre and a second round pick or two "Redeem himself like Timmy or Sean?" Forgive me if you are mentally impaired, but that is the most ignorant thing I've ever read here. Are you seriously this stupid? That's actually a rhetorical question...so never mind.

baseline bum
08-27-2023, 07:09 PM
He barely has a place in the nba

If he was playing for anyone other than Balmer he'd be salary dumped.

GAustex
08-27-2023, 07:12 PM
Before his turning away he was amazing
Then
WTF how does anyone do what he did
His mindset I cannot fathom
Such a terrible action on his part

Millennial_Messiah
08-27-2023, 07:13 PM
No thanks. HOF talent, but even with heavy load management he hasn't made it through a season since 2020. I'd want some real stability spending $47 million a year for the next two years on someone and Kawhi ain't that guy. Spurs could probably get him for way less than Sochan though.

Not a bad post overall and something far more intelligent than the average reply in this thread.

The rhetoric is fair. Paying near top-QB NFL salary for a player who you're lucky will play half the games in a season is not likely viable. The only hope would be that he would all of a sudden get over his poor hardiness and play through injuries the way that legends like Duncan and Kobe and Jordan used to, back in the day. Unfortunately since these guys are millennials, that probably isn't going to happen. The Gen X NBA stars were of a much hardier breed than the load-management millennials, ranging from Lebron to Kawhi to Trae Young, and now the Gen Z's getting ready to come out, headed by Wemby, the NBA's likely first Gen Z superstar.

I'm not a Sochan fan at all and would like to swap him and maybe another asset for an established NBA star in the ballpark of thirty years old, to flank Wemby, sort of like being Wemby's David Robinson of sorts. I also don't like Tre Jones' porous defense. Would not mind to jettison them both.

Minority opinion or not, I will always be on the Kawhi Leonard side of the Leonard-Popovich 2018 era debate, and I also believe that Popovich was largely culpable for the load management era. It worked with the DPG Big 3 because they were older (and perhaps most importantly, non-American egotistical hip hop millennial entitled culture) when Popovich began to implement it during the lockout-shortened season of 2011-12, but it was a bad idea to continue that trend with younger stars like Leonard, which would ultimately spread rampant throughout the NBA, especially after the Warriors' 73-9 season that ultimately went without an NBA championship, teams stopped caring so much about overall regular-season record and have focused on keeping their best players, including young players, fresh for the postseason, which has definitely deteriorated a lot of the excitement and enthusiasm for the regular season from the general public.

"Redeem himself like Timmy or Sean?" Forgive me if you are mentally impaired, but that is the most ignorant thing I've ever read here. Are you seriously this stupid? That's actually a rhetorical question...so never mind.

Elliott went to the Hawks and Pistons and then came back a couple years later. Bob Hill did Elliott no favors.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-27-2023, 07:21 PM
If he was playing for anyone other than Balmer he'd be salary dumped.

:tu He’s definitely not a super max player based on his inability to stay healthy.

Kevin
08-27-2023, 08:29 PM
Kawhi has about 90 million left on his two year deal. He should finish out his contract and retire. He's got the rings and money and constantly getting injured isn't worth it at some point.

baseline bum
08-27-2023, 08:31 PM
Kawhi has about 90 million left on his two year deal. He should finish out his contract and retire. He's got the rings and money and constantly getting injured isn't worth it at some point.

He's got Uncle Dennis to feed tho

koriwhat
08-27-2023, 08:38 PM
Just like your daddy used to say. Don’t worry champ. You’ll be the number one piece of shit in no time.

Mom & Dad "jokes"... :sleep

FuzzyLumpkins
08-27-2023, 08:46 PM
Mom & Dad "jokes"... :sleep

I do not think it is funny that your mother left your father when you were young or that your mother acted in a way such that you esteem your grandmother as opposed to her in the aftermath.

koriwhat
08-27-2023, 08:49 PM
I do not think it is funny that your mother left your father when you were young or that your mother acted in a way such that you esteem your grandmother as opposed to her in the aftermath.

I find it funny you're bugging the fuck out of me when supposedly I'm on some "junk filter" ublock list of yours. What happened, lost your impulse control and you just couldn't shake your obsession with me gay boy, Fluffer Bumpkins? What could it be this time.....

https://i.imgflip.com/227gx1.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
08-27-2023, 08:54 PM
Joey doesn't understand how ublock works. Not surprising.

So you esteem your grandmother obviously, yet your mother left your shitbag father and your basically shit all over her. Now why would that be?

I just think you are an ungrateful shitbag that doesn't respect the difficulties and sacrifice that single mothers make. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

koriwhat
08-27-2023, 08:57 PM
Joey doesn't understand how ublock works. Not surprising.

So you esteem your grandmother obviously, yet your mother left your shitbag father and your basically shit all over her. No why would that be?

I just think you are an ungrateful shitbag that doesn't respect the difficulties and sacrifice that single mothers make. Apple doesn't fall from the tree.

Peak intellectual we got here guys.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-27-2023, 09:06 PM
Joey you told us that you esteem your grandmother's ethics. You are a nihilist dimwit but that is besides the point. The thread where you do that has been bumped for years at this point.

In there you defend her and your shitbag father. Yet when it comes to dear old mom you throw her ass under the bus.

I am just speculating why that would be using assumptions about the situation poor single mothers find themselves in when they are as poor as you were.

Not a good look at all, Mooch.

ismael-robert
08-27-2023, 10:31 PM
Millennial u actually created this thread in honesty? It requires no intellect thought this was spam. U should never post again if u would offer a 20yr old who already proved he could be a 20ppg scorer. We could have 10 plus more years of greatness from him n u wanna give it up for someone on their way down? Yeah no intellect here

exstatic
08-28-2023, 04:40 AM
Millennial u actually created this thread in honesty? It requires no intellect thought this was spam. U should never post again if u would offer a 20yr old who already proved he could be a 20ppg scorer. We could have 10 plus more years of greatness from him n u wanna give it up for someone on their way down? Yeah no intellect here

He was trolling,you took the bait, AND responded to him.

John B
08-28-2023, 07:21 AM
To suggest a trade of Sochan, a 20 yrs old great prospect, for a washed-out has been, who cannot stay on the court for more than 60 games and a ridiculous salary, is beyond stupid. The way he exited was a disgrace and caused the Spurs years of mediocrity, that the Spurs are just now finally has stirred back, thanks to Wemby and Co. But in retrospect, it was a bullet that Spurs dodged, else he would’ve been a max contract year after year, but wouldn’t get the Spurs pass playoffs because of his chronic injuries. Still Kawhi could’ve helped the Spurs possibly got a haul in return had he cooperated. So nope, it’s a hard pass.

spursparker9
08-28-2023, 08:16 AM
https://media.bleacherreport.com/image/upload/x_158,y_102,w_1577,h_1045,c_crop/w_800,h_533,c_fill/v1692747068/ly8lqhznkxpybf9rnc9f.jpg
https://media.bleacherreport.com/image/upload/c_crop,h_0.68,w_1.00,x_0.00,y_0.01/w_650/v1692805727/fyn5nt8d2dn2onhrdooi.jpg

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10086872-imagining-journeymen-nba-stars-on-the-teams-that-drafted-them

How it Started

Leonard was selected No. 15 overall in 2011 in a draft-night trade with the Indiana Pacers, spending seven seasons in San Antonio before being traded to the Toronto Raptors in 2018 with Danny Green and cash for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a 2019 first-round pick.

How Leonard and the Spurs Would Work

Now this would be fascinating.

Leonard beginning his career playing with one legendary big man in Tim Duncan and ending it with another potential all-time great in Victor Wembanyama would be an unbelievable story.

From the outside it appears his relationship with Gregg Popovich is healed enough to work together once again, and the 32-year-old stated this past season that "we've been in too many battles to have a scar in our relationship."

Putting Leonard and Wembanyama on the same team gives the Spurs a lockdown defense already, and there's enough other young talent on the roster in Jeremy Sochan, Keldon Johnson, Devin Vassell, Malaki Branham, Tre Jones and others to field a competitive roster in a few years.

Could a Reunion Happen?

Technically, yes.

No NBA team projects to have more cap space in 2024 than the Spurs, a number that could reach $55.3 million according to Spotrac's Keith Smith. That figure is about $7 million higher than Leonard's player option with the Los Angeles Clippers for 2024-25.

There's been no real extension talks reported thus far between Leonard and the Clippers, leaving the door open for him to become an unrestricted free agent in 2024.

While the Spurs may not want to go all-in on a 32-year-old with a long list of injuries, Popovich is 74 and likely desires to coach a team with a real chance at a championship again. When healthy, Leonard is still one of the best players in the world.

Developing Wembanyama this season, signing Leonard as a free agent next summer and trading some of the young talent and collection of future firsts for more veteran help absolutely should be on the table for the Spurs moving forward.

Mal
08-28-2023, 09:14 AM
Fuck him

spurs10
08-28-2023, 09:57 AM
Elliott went to the Hawks and Pistons and then came back a couple years later. Bob Hill did Elliott no favors. And Tim? Tim Duncan never had to 'redeem' himself. Nor did Elliott, he didn't come back for redemption.

wildbill2u
08-28-2023, 12:04 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would make such a ridiculous post. The Kwahi ship sailed long ago because he wanted to sail away from the Spurs for whatever reasons and it was obviously not something that could we worked out between reasonable people.

RIP Kwahi.

koriwhat
08-28-2023, 12:05 PM
Joey you told us that you esteem your grandmother's ethics. You are a nihilist dimwit but that is besides the point. The thread where you do that has been bumped for years at this point.

In there you defend her and your shitbag father. Yet when it comes to dear old mom you throw her ass under the bus.

I am just speculating why that would be using assumptions about the situation poor single mothers find themselves in when they are as poor as you were.

Not a good look at all, Mooch.

Gay boy can't shake his obsession.

If crying to a therapist over mean ST posts wasn't a clear enough sign of a mental illness then this has got to be one, right?

JPB
08-28-2023, 03:01 PM
Let me see, if he publicy says:

-I abandoned and quitted on my team and teammates, including 4 future HOFers because I wanted to go to LA.
- I faked injuries and shopped for a doctor telling me I couldn't play, throwing spurs medical staff under the bus in the process.
- I deliberately hurt my value to still try to go to LA.
- I've been totally ungrateful for a franchise which helped me develop into an MVP caliber player without pressure around 3 ATG players and one ATG coach.
- I couldn't wipe my own ass but my uncle is a greedy opportunist milking me.
- I apoligize, spurs fans. I know I've been a total A-hole.
- I accept to play for the minimum and to get on my knees every home game to ask for your pardon.
- Oh yeah, I'm an A-hole.

Then, I'd still say no.

exstatic
08-28-2023, 03:17 PM
I don't see the benefit of bringing in a chronically injured 33 YO next summer, who can barely crack 50 games played.

Ocotillo
08-28-2023, 03:28 PM
Excluding the bad blood from how his exit was handled, even if that was "forgiven", I personally would not want the amount of cap space being eaten up by some guy sitting around in street clothes if he even deigns to sit with his teammates when he is out. My rule for roster construction is no divas and Nephew is one of the original ones.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-28-2023, 03:29 PM
I don't see the benefit of bringing in a chronically injured 33 YO next summer, who can barely crack 50 games played.

Yeah...I can think of a lot of better ways the Spurs could spend their money.

scott
08-28-2023, 03:32 PM
I'd love to see the two sides reconcile and come back together, but the problem for me is that the guy can't stay healthy. And for that reason, I'm out.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-28-2023, 03:35 PM
I'd love to see the two sides reconcile and come back together, but the problem for me is that the guy can't stay healthy. And for that reason, I'm out.

Minus the injuries, the version of Kawhi that exists now is so different from the Kawhi that played for the Spurs through the 2015 or so. He requires so much coddling and special treatment now that he'd be a terrible fit for team building an identity and culture around a #1 pick who wants to emulate team players like Tim. I don't think Kawhi wanted to be Lebron's #2, I can't imagine he'd be thrilled being the aging mentor to Wemby.

Seventyniner
08-28-2023, 04:14 PM
About the only way I can see Number Two wearing a Spurs jersey again is 4 or 5 years from now when he's ring chasing and Wemby is a perennial MVP candidate. And even then I think it would take the highly unlikely combination of him being willing to be a load managed bench player and Pop still being around.

exstatic
08-28-2023, 04:45 PM
About the only way I can see Number Two wearing a Spurs jersey again is 4 or 5 years from now when he's ring chasing and Wemby is a perennial MVP candidate. And even then I think it would take the highly unlikely combination of him being willing to be a load managed bench player and Pop still being around.

He has two rings and two FMVPs. There is no reason to chase what he already has.

Seventyniner
08-28-2023, 05:22 PM
He has two rings and two FMVPs. There is no reason to chase what he already has.

It would be a very unusual sort of ring chasing; the idea would be to win even more rings, not get that elusive first one.

There could also be an element of seeking redemption and maybe even wearing a Spurs cap into the HOF.

Admittedly, all of this is quite a stretch. I'm more trying to come up with a plausible scenario where he returns than actually thinking it's at all likely to happen.

Ninja Roach
08-28-2023, 06:06 PM
:spin At the idea that Nephew will be in the league another 4-5 years. It's like folks stopped watching basketball the moment we fell off. Nephew can't make any more meaningful contributions towards a championship run because his body won't allow it. It doesn't matter what concessions a team makes to try to keep him healthy.

He's incapable.

scott
08-28-2023, 08:36 PM
It would be a very unusual sort of ring chasing; the idea would be to win even more rings, not get that elusive first one.

There could also be an element of seeking redemption and maybe even wearing a Spurs cap into the HOF.

Admittedly, all of this is quite a stretch. I'm more trying to come up with a plausible scenario where he returns than actually thinking it's at all likely to happen.

I do wonder if there would be some kind of desire to wrap up as a Spur and try to bury the drama that occurred and go into the HOF as a Spur. He's undoubtedly a HOF player, but he was only in TOR for one season and the 3 seasons he's played with LAC have been so marred with injury. Unless he can piece together a couple of healthy seasons in LA, he'll probably still be best remembered as a Spur, no? And I mean by the bball community at large, not by Spurs fans.

On the other hand, casuals may have already forgotten he was a Spur.

I still kind of like the idea of him in that TMac role to close out his career. I'd like to see a happy ending between him, Pop and the Spurs.

JPB
08-28-2023, 08:53 PM
I do wonder if there would be some kind of desire to wrap up as a Spur and try to bury the drama that occurred and go into the HOF as a Spur. He's undoubtedly a HOF player, but he was only in TOR for one season and the 3 seasons he's played with LAC have been so marred with injury. Unless he can piece together a couple of healthy seasons in LA, he'll probably still be best remembered as a Spur, no? And I mean by the bball community at large, not by Spurs fans.

On the other hand, casuals may have already forgotten he was a Spur.

I still kind of like the idea of him in that TMac role to close out his career. I'd like to see a happy ending between him, Pop and the Spurs.

Independently of the idea itself, it would have to make sense on the court. spurs wouldn't sign him just for the feel good story, assuming that's actually would be one. Would Nephew even be interested? There's a reason he wanted to leave and that's LA...

I believe some people may be much more romantic and sentimental that he is... I'm not sure he cares that much about how fans felt when he left or regrets anything. He may even still feels he's the good guy in the strory and spurs screwed him. Hell, I'm not sure he cares about the spurs at all... I mean, it's not like it's shared responsabilites or misunderstandings... He deliberately fucked up and sent stigma on the franchise to leave in a very low, dirty way, messing up with Manu and TP last years in SA. it's not Barbie and Ken or Sesame Street... Thanks but no thanks.

ambchang
08-29-2023, 06:53 AM
Elliott went to the Hawks and Pistons and then came back a couple years later. Bob Hill did Elliott no favors.

?

Ignazzz
08-29-2023, 07:04 AM
Rockets & Horry. Deal was canceled ( health issues)

exstatic
08-29-2023, 07:06 AM
?

MM isn’t known for being the most informed poster.

Dancelot
08-29-2023, 07:21 AM
I don’t think they would resign him. They didn’t re-sign George Hill when they had the chance to. Although, I think the fans would be easy to forgive nephew.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-29-2023, 11:17 AM
:spin At the idea that Nephew will be in the league another 4-5 years. It's like folks stopped watching basketball the moment we fell off. Nephew can't make any more meaningful contributions towards a championship run because his body won't allow it. It doesn't matter what concessions a team makes to try to keep him healthy.

He's incapable.

There's actually a lot of people in the league who still think (at least publicly) that Kawhi can still carry a team...if he can stay healthy. That's a huge "if" at this point.

So while I agree with you, I think there are still GMs/owners out there who think of him as a franchise player. However, I'd guess that pool of folks is dwindling.

exstatic
08-29-2023, 11:54 AM
There's actually a lot of people in the league who still think (at least publicly) that Kawhi can still carry a team...if he can stay healthy. That's a huge "if" at this point.

So while I agree with you, I think there are still GMs/owners out there who think of him as a franchise player. However, I'd guess that pool of folks is dwindling.

Anyone who's still of that mindset is an idiot. He's played 0, 52, and 52 games the last 3 seasons. He's still high level when on the floor, but that time is dwindling every season, and he can't ever make it past the second round of the playoffs without his leg practically falling off.

koriwhat
08-29-2023, 12:07 PM

He's no better than Zion these days and both in the same space tbh where their potential, if healthy which is a big if, is the only incentive but we all know it'll never pan out to either or staying healthy and in the end they're not on the court 1/2 the season or more at times.

I can't stand Kawhi but I'm not delusional to think he wouldn't be real special if he wasn't so injury plagued or mentally fragile. Same goes for Zion.

Millennial_Messiah
08-29-2023, 12:14 PM
MM isn’t known for being the most informed poster.

I was like 7 when I watched the "beyond the glory" documentary on him, fwiw.... could have sworn I saw him in a Hawks home white and red #32 jersey... but wikipedia tells me you're right.

I do recall him nonstop complaining about the Michigan weather and that being an Arizona kid his body couldn't take the cold and that he largely blamed living in Michigan as responsible for his kidney failures. Idk, I've lived in Michigan and had no such problem, but I guess to each their own body. He demanded a trade multiple times in his Pistons year, they attempted to swap him to Houston but his kidneys were bad, he stuck it out and then the Spurs got him back the next offseason.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-29-2023, 12:24 PM
Anyone who's still of that mindset is an idiot. He's played 0, 52, and 52 games the last 3 seasons. He's still high level when on the floor, but that time is dwindling every season, and he can't ever make it past the second round of the playoffs without his leg practically falling off.

He's got two years and about $94MM coming to him over the next two seasons. Maybe he'll just hang 'em up after that. These next two years will probably convince those still believing in him that he's not capable of being a franchise player anymore. He'll of made a sh!t ton of money by then, and should be set for life financially...at least I would hope.

exstatic
08-29-2023, 01:06 PM
I was like 7 when I watched the "beyond the glory" documentary on him, fwiw.... could have sworn I saw him in a Hawks home white and red #32 jersey... but wikipedia tells me you're right.

I do recall him nonstop complaining about the Michigan weather and that being an Arizona kid his body couldn't take the cold and that he largely blamed living in Michigan as responsible for his kidney failures. Idk, I've lived in Michigan and had no such problem, but I guess to each their own body. He demanded a trade multiple times in his Pistons year, they attempted to swap him to Houston but his kidneys were bad, he stuck it out and then the Spurs got him back the next offseason.

The weather was a factor, but the biggest reason he hated Detroit was Isaiah Thomas, who virtually froze him out of the offense.